Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
This game will show whether we have some kind of depth in the squad

Lazio played just as recently

This milan is fit and, better tactically than most people expected

I think the Inter and Arsenal matches will be more of a test

This one, although difficult, will not be “the” test

Reaction score
We should play the same 11 we had against Ludogorets in the 2nd leg. No reason to not rest our starters for a pointless competition when we have UCL on the line.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Not sure about this one. It's important to maintain our unbeaten streak and a win here would be good for the team's morale. But...I would be tempted to rest at least a couple of players, maybe Suso and Bonaventura.

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Suso, Bona and Cutrone should be rested. Start Silva or perhaps, Nikola Tesla

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I love how we've avoided major injuries so far since Gattuso took over.

I hope this continues.

There is also a possibility this goes into extra time.

So nervous.

FORZA MILAN!!

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Depends on how well Rino can read their starting XI I guess. I mean if they play their second team and we play the first team it'll be an overkill for us. It's true that we did not look out of breath for once versus Roma. Though last thing we need is an injury in the first team.

With all that said, I do want to see Milan win this one. A draw with goals will also work.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
We’ll go full force no doubt... this is an important game for us we’ll go same 11 as Roma game

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I gotta say I'm a little bit worried about fatigue coming at some point, I just hope it comes after this stretch of games. Haven't really looked at the schedule beyond the Arsenal games but I hope the players can get some rest at some point. The chemistry Rino has found is crucial but it's true his approach asks a lot of the midfield and wingers in particular.

I would like to see a couple players get some minutes but winning is definitely the obvious priority. I think I'm one of the only people who doesn't hate Musacchio. I'm glad romagnoli and bonucci have formed a sexy partnership but there was a point in the season early on where people were most impressed by musa, I think he deserves minutes here and there. He's a solid player. Maybe montolivo can play too, I'm worried biglia will burn out. We were scared about kessie missing vs samp and it worked fine.

Anyway, this is probably not the game to change things, but I guess 1-2 changes would be okay. Not expecting any differences though, I know Rino will want to keep this streak going no matter what

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I don't think anyone "hates" Musacchio.

He's just clearly behind Bonucci and Romagnoli and it's best to have 2 steady CBs.

I'm glad we have him and Zapata as 4th and 3rd choice defenders.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's shorter than Alessio (188cm) and Leonardo (191cm). Everybody has a place in a team; either accept your position, or work for a better position, or simply leave.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Is there a possibility that this match gets delayed due to heavy snow in rome?

Even though I am really looking forward to it, postponing the match would be brilliant for us.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Milan will play with the same lineup as the last match, one change will be Kalinic starting.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Cutrone, RicRod and Romagnoli are the only ones who'd start 3 matches in a week if they start tomorrow. I'd rest Cutrone since we have options. Not sure about the other two.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Lazio better lube up.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
I still blame Montella because of the gap that he gave to the squad to others teams above us .. but Rino do his best to the rescue .. even at the begining some fellas here doubted him badly .. so please do the magic again Rino :proud: at the end those who part of Milan era in the past will rescue this almost sink ship .. Salute to Rino .. keep the positive trend comin'

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
arent cutrone, calabria, romagnoli, hakan etc. young enough to play twice a week? especially the kids
dont see why they should be rested, and with gattuso non vegan workout routine it shouldnt be a problem, maybe subs in the later parts of the match

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Lazio rested 4 starters against sassuolo: de vrij, luis alberto, lulic and parolo.. they are going all in

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Lazio rested 4 starters against sassuolo: de vrij, luis alberto, lulic and parolo.. they are going all in

as long as SMS and Immobile start on the bench we should be fine :D

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
just need to draw this actually

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
as long as SMS and Immobile start on the bench we should be fine :D

Those are their two best players. Ofc they gonna start

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Lazio got Juve over the weekend while we've got Inter and they we both have UEL games midweek on the following Thursday. It's gonna be a test of the depth for both Milan and Lazio.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You’re right! A footballer’s abilities should only ever be judged by the amount of goals scored.

he has done almost nothing in our last 2 games too, so.. ... if footballer's abilities cant be judged by goals scored or doing anything useful, i wonder how the fk you decide it?

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
he has done almost nothing in our last 2 games too, so.. ... if footballer's abilities cant be judged by goals scored or doing anything useful, i wonder how the fk you decide it?

even if you added the bold part, your point is still meaningless.

you can debate if SMS did anything useful against us or not but it's still a very limited sample of games

the player has quality and he can always be a threat