Rodrigo Ely Thread

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Praying we have found our 10year CB partnership. Both could even start for Italy one day if Ely naturalise.

He played for the U19 or some other Italian NT. So, he is actually naturalized Italian because his grandparents are of Italian descent...

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
"Showing potential"

voom

Banned
Reaction score

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Praying we have found our 10year CB partnership. Both could even start for Italy one day if Ely naturalise.

yeah right. just like when we had balo-SeS partnership.

some members here talking exactly just like that. 10 years partnership. Milan and italy.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
a brazilian and an italian as the CB pairing.

sounds about right for milan.

thing is, rite now i'd only play Ely-Romagnoli if our midfield was better at keeping the ball as well as winning the ball from the opponents.

if our midfield cant do that one of these two has to start with Paletta or Alex.

not mexes. not zapata.

That's precisely the reason we should play Ely-Alessio
They're way better ball-players than the rest of our CB's and they will help the mid a lot

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
bit of an understatement lol. hes been our best player in pre season.

Preseason means sweet FA at the end of the day. A few year back Kinglsey Boeteng was our best player, Willy Aubameyang as well.

There is hope for Ely and that's why I personally would throw him in the deep end with straight away. Ely-Roma CB vs Fiorentina.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Am I the only 1 just found out that he has been call by Dunga for international friendly match?

Congrats Ely!

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Am I the only 1 just found out that he has been call by Dunga for international friendly match?

Congrats Ely!

Are you talking about the u23 call up ?

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Congrats Ely!

Brazil's defenders from the last squad called up for their friendly (4 days ago):

Defenders: David Luiz (PSG), Marquinhos (PSG), Miranda (Inter), Gabriel Paulista (Arsenal), Dani Alves (Barcelona), Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid), Danilo (Real Madrid), Douglas Santos (Atletico Mineiro).

Ely has played only one game for Brazil U23. He's played 3 for Italy U20 and 7 for Italy U19.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
already better than the fab four (mex, zap, alex, pale). can't wait to see him in action . forza ely.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Fantastic first half...and people want Rugani to partner Roma...

I think we have potentially the best CB future pairing in Roma and Ely in the Serie A for sure

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Average, differ from Romagnoli, he wasnt really give a fight when duel for the ball at air. Mostly he look been threatened because Desciglio was perhaps abit slow when tracking the ball back to his flank.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
I thought he was great, how many times did he kill Perugia attacks by anticipating the pass? He destroyed his mark, barely even saw the guy.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know it thought he was great!! Yet again impressed. Pushed forward a lot which we haven't seen yet from him

Miha complemented him and Romagnoli post game as well

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Perugia didn't really challenge him today, the real tests are still to come

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

Congrats Ely!

Wow didn't know that, despite being an olympic game it's a game against France who has probably the most talent-packed U23. The full lineup of players called.

?derson (Benfica), Jean (Bah?a); Luc?o (Sao Paulo), Marlon (Fluminense), W?llace (M?naco), Rodrigo Ely (Milan), (M?naco), Maicon (Livorno), W?ndell (Bayer Leverkusen), Jorge (Flamengo); Rodrigo Caio (Sao Paulo), Lucas Silva (Real Madrid), Ot?vio (Atl?tico Paranaense), Eduardo (Atl?tico Mineiro), Rafinha Alc?ntara (Barcelona), Andreas Pereira (Manchester United), Felipe Anderson (Lazio); Kelvin (Palmerias), ?lisson (Cruzeiro), Carlos (Atl?tico Mineiro), Luciano (Corinthians) and Lu?n (Gremio).

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
best signing of the summer? time will tell he looks class. best player in pre season, wtf were we fucking thinking renewing mexes? get rid of some defenders please.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Btw, does anybody know if Rodrigo Ely counts as homegrown player for the Champions League? Usually Football Manager and Fifa probably keep good statistics, not sure if he was truly sold or whether he was on loan at Avellino this past year.

AFAIK, to be considered homegrown, you need to have 3 years at the club by age 21, and if the last 3 seasons were through loans, he would qualify. If the last year was instead a final sale to Avellino, then he wouldn't.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Btw, does anybody know if Rodrigo Ely counts as homegrown player for the Champions League? Usually Football Manager and Fifa probably keep good statistics, not sure if he was truly sold or whether he was on loan at Avellino this past year.

AFAIK, to be considered homegrown, you need to have 3 years at the club by age 21, and if the last 3 seasons were through loans, he would qualify. If the last year was instead a final sale to Avellino, then he wouldn't.

We signed him in January 2010 and he left for Avellino in the summer of 2014.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Did we sell him? Or did we loan him for the final season before his contract ended?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
CMs4aqHWEAAIs92.jpg

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
We signed him in January 2010 and he left for Avellino in the summer of 2014.

Sweet :thumbsup:, that settles it, he's definitely considered home-grown. For some reason, Wikipedia says that he came to Milan at 2012 :fp: ... but yeah I checked, it's wrong information.

Not sure if he counts towards the 25 player rule this year (he's still 21), but if he keeps this up then next year it will be Ely, Abate, De Sciglio and Antonelli our only home-grown players.

The only bad news is that his agent is Mino Raiola.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Sweet :thumbsup:, that settles it, he's definitely considered home-grown. For some reason, Wikipedia says that he came to Milan at 2012 :fp: ... but yeah I checked, it's wrong information.

Not sure if he counts towards the 25 player rule this year (he's still 21), but if he keeps this up then next year it will be Ely, Abate, De Sciglio and Antonelli our only home-grown players.

The only bad news is that his agent is Mino Raiola.

He counts towards the 25 players rule because he was born before 1994.

I think he won't even count as home-grown because he didn't play 3 seasons with us before turning 21.

Schedule