CONCACAF Football Discussion

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
crazy4milan said:
If we weren't so crap right now, I would have loved to face Hugo with our NT (wait a minute we did, we ended with 8 players-first time I even seen someone from CR getting sent off, let alone 3- and you beat us in XT in the Gold Cup, Hugo was very very bad :tongue: ).

He's only got the fact that he's adored cause of his playing career but he has no idea of tactics and such, he doomed his time at the NT by saying he would make us World Champions

Actually, I went to Mexico back in December 2002, my mom took me there (apparently it's very old, cause she knew it since she lived in Mexico back in the 70's), and we basically ate in all of the Sanborns in DF and one in Acapulco. 2 years ago a Sanborns in Costa Rica was almost secure, but I'm yet to see one.

Oh yeah, Sanborns is REALLY old, it's very traditional... it's about a 100 years old
did u try the chilaquiles? those are great

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
vani_pirlo_21 said:
^^
that's more of a feat, but yeah Costa Rica's got a good leg to lean on in this kind of arguement

what I don't like about the NT is that sometimes they feel over confident against a "smaller" team and that's not a good idea, I think LaVolpe tried but that was really difficult to do with Hugo who loves to remind everyone his time at Madrid and his pichichis and all

PS: are there Sanborns in Costa Rica? damn, I've understimated Slim's work on Sanborns lol

yeah

also in panama there is one...specifically in "multiplaza". what i have been told is that..well... the food is good.

so on the other half...i didnt meant to hurt you vani pirlo or any other mexican...i just go biased and overhyped...jeje

hey by the way...why not rename this thread to "CONCACAF FOOTBALL DISCUSSION" since there is a lot of guys here from mexico, panama, costa rica and others.

just a suggestion.

and wild? why is it a funny thread? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Changed the name of the thread as Juanes suggested.

JUANES said:
also in panama there is one...specifically in "multiplaza". what i have been told is that..well... the food is good.
You also have a "Multiplaza"? I thought they were only in here, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

JUANES said:
so on the other half...i didnt meant to hurt you vani pirlo or any other mexican...i just go biased and overhyped...jeje
Hey when it comes to my moments of proudness with my teams I'm always biased and overhyped. Let's just try to forget our historical football rivalries, or at least be more cautious.

So how to people feel with Guimaraes being the coach of Panama? (he is one of my favorites, lamentably many people hated him in here, and that is also not helping this people realize how good his son is).

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
i don't follow CONCACAF much. for example: i got no idea who is Mexico's new coach :D

my thoughts oh Hugo - He isn't as bad as everyone makes him to be. Mexico football fans are spoiled brats, the whole "giant of CONCACAF" attitude doesn't help in any way. The team is good but just like America fans, the NT fans expect win and win, good performances here and there and just because we got a few players in Europe they want to see even more - the point of this is, look at the last game of the sub 23, what the hell could he do so the boys scored? with his tactic plenty of chances happened and goals as well... only they were not enough (by 1 goal!)

Look at Uruguay, they've had very good players in Europe for quite some time and they still manage nothing - lost the 2006 qualification to Australia - but now that we've got the likes of Giovanni Dos Santos, the team is expected to be a World Cup contender. It's the players attitude as well: again look at Giovanni, he is somewhat arrogant and believes he's as worthy as Henry.

What he does not know is that you have to prove yourself as a football player first. A "promising wonderkid" has to pass from being 'promising' to an actual proved player. Next would be Nery Castillo: he is arrogant in his way to play. He doesn't like to pass the ball around and after he's got a good chance to put a pass for another player to just push in... like Figo in his good days.

Mexico doesn't need a different coach as much as a change of attitude of the players and the fans as well, though this is very hard without a general culture change. :head:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
It's not about the team losing... is about his personality
he's got the ego the size of the world and he didn't call the players he should have called, with his ego he affects how the players think and play those matches, so there is a need of a change of coach to change the mentality of the players
he blew it the moment he said he would make us World Champions and also when he decided to criticize La Volpe when he was in charge... if he said those then he can't complain that we want a lot and stuff like that cause he said he would achieve it
also, he blamed the u-23 team for not qualifying, what coach does that?? and why did he have to take over the youth squads?? he had enough with the senior squad and should have left the coaches of the youth squads handle them cause they know how they work and all (Jesus Ramirez)

Jesús Ramírez is the "provisional" coach until the board of directors decide who will coach leading to the WC... although I think Jesus will stay

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
i see (about the coach)

i wasn't trying to defend him anyway - he is better off away from a microphone - i'm only saying he wasn't all to blame :tongue:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
OK, since CONCACAF includes the US, I'll start by saying that I'm excited about the friendlies coming up this summer. They play England at Wembley, then they play Spain in Santander, and finally they'll face Argentina at Giants Stadium - three huge ones.
I'm so glad they're finally playing tougher opponents and actually going abroad to play them. That's something they rarely, if ever did under Bruce Arena.

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
Changed the name of the thread as Juanes suggested.

You also have a "Multiplaza"? I thought they were only in here, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

Hey when it comes to my moments of proudness with my teams I'm always biased and overhyped. Let's just try to forget our historical football rivalries, or at least be more cautious.

So how to people feel with Guimaraes being the coach of Panama? (he is one of my favorites, lamentably many people hated him in here, and that is also not helping this people realize how good his son is).
n:)

guimaraes? i think its a great coach..in fact...he is far better than cheché hernandez...which was lucky imo...

lets see...well i think panama has 2 friendlies...i think one against guatemala and other one against a commebol opponent...

i really think this team has the right components to challenge for a world cup spot. we have youngster and bunch of "legionarios" who will be a good addition.

in fact, tejada who is fat btw, is a dangerous striker even when he is fat....

luis garcés is another jewel..but he has the temperament of cassano.

blas perez...is fantastic..he moves well and in the air he is unstopable...

penedo? well penedo the goalkepper is only 28..but i think he has still some good year ahead of him...i still cant believe how he accepted to play for osasuna as their 3rd goalkeeper when one of the dely valdes brothers, who has a very good relationship with cagliari managed to get him to be the 1st choice goalkeeper for cagliari. Since penedo lives next to my best friends house in chanis, very close to my home, i told him "hey, you're gonna have to be more than lucky to stop the sheva shots!!! and kaka" that was back in 2005, but guess what the bastard did! choosed osasuna!

IDIOTA!

now he is playing for comunicaciones in guatemala as the starter..but he dumped his career for not signing for cagliari calcio.

that's why dely valdés stopped to talk to him.

i think in south africa, the 4 concacaf teams will be "usa, mexico, panama and costa rica"

WELL MULTIPLAZA has 5 years in panama and is one of the best malls centers if not the best, there is also multiwebo( although is named multicentro that is owned by a colombian consortium) and centro comercial el dorado and albrook mall plaza :) :) :)

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
i know this is off topic but i wanted to show it and since it's in spanish :eek:

NERAZZURRI20 (hace 14 horas)
Ay Dios!!! Sinceramente no hallo palabras para expresar mi dolor, mi desilucion y tanta rabia q me produce esta derrota. La verdad duele mucho, he sufrido mucho a mi amado INTER en los ultimos anos y lo q me tiene al borde de un ataque de nervios es q suceda lo q no quiero ni mencionar. Pero por q tenemos q estar pasando estas penitencias si hasta hace poco lo teniamos en el bolsillo??? De todas formas tenemos q seguir alentanto y sufriendo a nuestra squadra. Creo q esta semana sera de alta tension en casa INTERISTA, planificar el juego contra el Siena mentalizados en ganar o ganar. (y si nos empatan???) Me da una risa nerviosa de imaginarlo. Vamos mi amado INTER, ganemos el Scudetto y celebremoslo a rabiar amigos interistas. Creo sin temor a equivocarme q el motivo por el cual no hemos ganado el titulo es la GRAN CANTIDAD DE LESIONES!!!! Ibra vuelve pronto. Cordial saludo amigos interistas. FORZA INTER!!! TI AMO.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
La falta de tildes en ese post es absurda, especialmente en títulos, ni que hablar de "hallo". However, I do know a lot of Interistas having similar feeling to that guy.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
crazy4milan said:
La falta de tildes en ese post es absurda, especialmente en títulos, ni que hablar de "hallo". However, I do know a lot of Interistas having similar feeling to that guy.
i know a couple but his was the most painful expression of all of them. :D

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Forza the best Team in CONCACAF (TnT)
We'll beat England in June :o

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shit!! I can't get any tickets online...all booked up :head: I have to call an 800 number to get through :rolleyes:

In other news Dwight Yorke came in at #11 of the top imports to England.....not a bad accomplishment at all considering who he beat :star: The list was sponsored by the Evening Post
Top 40:

1. Eric Cantona (bullshit :o )
2. Dennis Bergkamp
3. Thierry Henry (another overrated shit French guy :head: )
4. Henrik Larrson
5. Gianfranco Zola
6. Peter Schmiechel
7. Ossie Ardiles
8. Cristiano Ronaldo ( if he wins the WOPY he should be at #1 imho)
9. Jurgen Klinsmann
10. Patrick Vieira
11. Dwight Yorke
12. Ruud Gullit
13. Jaap Stam
14. Eddie Firmani
15. Paolo Di Canio
16. George Robledo
17. Bruce Grobelaar ( :conf: )
18. Ruud Van Nistelrooy
19. Robert Pires
20. Brian Laudrup
21. Didier Drogba
22. Claude Makelele
23. David Ginola
24. Andrei Kanchelskis
25. Marcel Desailly
26. Bert Trautmann
27. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
28. Arnold Muhren
29. Frans Thijssen
30. Jan Mølby
31. Juninho
32. Gianluca Vialli
33. Freddie Ljungberg
34. Ole Gunnar Solskjær (#40 :eek: you've GOT to be kidding me )
35. Michael Essien
36. Clyde Best
37. Nicolas Anelka
38. Georgi Kinkladze
39. Brad Freidel
40. Petr Cech

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
larsson is #4 for the 4 months he spent in england?! wtf.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
its no suprise cantona is top of that list. he was much more than an amazing player - he was the leader of the group, he was the one who helped giggs, beckham, neville, scholes, butt etc.

talent wise bergkamp might edge it - but cantona was an inspirational figure who everyone looked up to. without him we would NOT have been so dominant in the 90's.

If anything solskair should be even higher.
i would definately put shemichael higher aswell.

i'm happy for yorke aswell. him and cole were :eek: two good players combigned to make one world class combination

Last edited:

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well

today i just learned that Panama is going to have two friendly matches against guatemala and one against chile.

Great, considering that the guys have not had warm ups since the gold cup, besides their respective leagues.

and penedo was voted and named the best goalkeeper award in the honduran or guatemaltecan league..i still dont know which country "comunicaciones" belongs to.

:D :D :D

against guatemala i can see us winning..but against chile..if we play like we did against venezuela..without the fight at the end of course...we should be able to do it.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
manutd fan said:
its no suprise cantona is top of that list. he was much more than an amazing player - he was the leader of the group, he was the one who helped giggs, beckham, neville, scholes, butt etc.

talent wise bergkamp might edge it - but cantona was an inspirational figure who everyone looked up to. without him we would NOT have been so dominant in the 90's.

If anything solskair should be even higher.
i would definately put shemichael higher aswell.

i'm happy for yorke aswell. him and cole were :eek: two good players combigned to make one world class combination
I know....personally I'd have CR7 at the top....especially if you guys win the CL.. Also Ole Gunnar needs to be MUCH higher up..I did a statistical analysis of Dwight at one point and he was at the time the most prolific striker that ManU ever had in terms of goals per game.....he got forced out of United mainly because of his over-partying lifestyle rather than his form. I remember one day Fergie let him out of the doghouse vs Arsenal and he scored a hattrick...leading ManU to a 6-0 win.....of course after that Fergie sent him back to the bench :head:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
drucurl said:
I know....personally I'd have CR7 at the top....especially if you guys win the CL.. Also Ole Gunnar needs to be MUCH higher up..I did a statistical analysis of Dwight at one point and he was at the time the most prolific striker that ManU ever had in terms of goals per game.....he got forced out of United mainly because of his over-partying lifestyle rather than his form. I remember one day Fergie let him out of the doghouse vs Arsenal and he scored a hattrick...leading ManU to a 6-0 win.....of course after that Fergie sent him back to the bench :head:
i wouldn't have ronaldo on top just yet. even if we in the league and the CL he'll have to play well for atleast a couple more seasons like shemichael did.

i watched the manutd 2000 video the other day and it reminded me of just how good yorke was.
i'll never forget the 1-2 he did with cole vs barca. its a shame him and cole couldn't carry it on for a few more seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysJ_VtDggpM

:eek: :D
rooney and tevez scored a similar goal this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLeRFyRJA0s&feature=related

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wet Ones said:
Off topic, but, what I wouldn't give to watch Milan play like that. Remember the first one like it was yesterday. Manchester played two superb games against Barcelona during the group stages.
yeh, both games were 3-3, back when we went all out attack in europe.
i think that pato and kaka could link up like that for you though. kaka could have put him through atleast 3 times vs inter to create great goals.
rooney and tevez haven't had time to connect yet either, tevez is in and out of the team due to tiredness. next year they could be brilliant.

sorry for going off topic there.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
que no entienden que este thread es de CONCACAF :head:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ezekiel2517 said:
que no entienden que este thread es de CONCACAF :head:
i was talking about dwight yorke orignally, but then did a quick reply to wet ones. sorry.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
manutd fan said:
i was talking about dwight yorke orignally, but then did a quick reply to wet ones. sorry.
did you get what i said? :tongue:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ezekiel2517 said:
did you get what i said? :tongue:
yes. soemthing like 'do you understand this thread is abut CONCACAF?

my grandad was italian so he kinda tough me some of the words ;)

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Back on topic....the tickets for TnT vs England have sold out in two hours :mad: and I'm sure it's a bunch of prissy uppercrust don't-know-jack-about-football that bought them up.......I guess I'll be going to the Trinidad vs Bermuda game instead :head:

P.S. I know we are going to get our asses handed to us...not even England is THAT shitty :D but as long as we don't lose 6-0 as did Jamaica ( our etnernal rivals) we can still boast

Forza Red( White) and Black !!!!!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
manutd fan said:
my grandad was italian so he kinda tough me some of the words ;)
LOL that was in spanish (though both languages have some relation).

Yorke was awesome at his peak, but I never really got to see him at his best with the NT (I'm guessin it was because his best moments were from 98/99 and 99/00, and the eliminatories started in mid 2000, and we faced T&T in 01), and he did went down quickly too.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Barbados made it through to the 2nd round of World Cup Qualifying to go up against the US in June. We had to play our 1st qualifying round match against Dominica at our cricket stadium, but it was refurbished for Cricket World Cup 2007 so it was in great condition.

Unfortunately we might not be able to play the 2nd leg of the USA tie there because there is a cricket match either the day before or the day after. There is talk of playing the match at our National Stadium where football used to be played but even though work has been done on it I still don't think it meets FIFA regulations. There is also a possibilty of the match being played in Trinidad but that just makes us seem to sub-par IMO. When I get more information I'll post it here.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
drucurl said:
Back on topic....the tickets for TnT vs England have sold out in two hours :mad: and I'm sure it's a bunch of prissy uppercrust don't-know-jack-about-football that bought them up.......I guess I'll be going to the Trinidad vs Bermuda game instead :head:

P.S. I know we are going to get our asses handed to us...not even England is THAT shitty :D but as long as we don't lose 6-0 as did Jamaica ( our etnernal rivals) we can still boast

Forza Red( White) and Black !!!!!
when is this match? do you think yorke will play? i hope he does, i haven't seen his famous smile in ages. (he was well known for his teeth at manutd)
i want TnT to embarrass us actually, that way cappello will get rid of some of the overrated 'dead weight' players we have.

crazy4milan said:
LOL that was in spanish (though both languages have some relation).

Yorke was awesome at his peak, but I never really got to see him at his best with the NT (I'm guessin it was because his best moments were from 98/99 and 99/00, and the eliminatories started in mid 2000, and we faced T&T in 01), and he did went down quickly too.

lol are you sure? i swear that was italian. i can read spanish, french and italian (though i can't speak them) so i guess i mixed them up.