FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

Which NT do you want to win the Confederations Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FredX

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ACM Calcio, Jasper and the Zlatan
Oh shit I'm being subbed.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
zaccheroni has been playing with the same japan line up since he took over in 2010 :lol:

sakai > uchida

havenaar would be a better choice as a target man than okazaki who just works hard.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
jo has got in.tells you the limited options at that position.feel like blaming pato failing to live up to expectations

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
That's because you're Dru.
He's had 15 apps 0 goals and 4 assists for PSG....hardly the phenom he's made out to be in the media

FredX

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's had 15 apps 0 goals and 4 assists for PSG....hardly the phenom he's made out to be in the media

Have you seen him play in those 15 apps?

No, you haven't. Fred has.

But yeah, the kid has some way to go.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Have you seen him play in those 15 apps?

No, you haven't. Fred has.

But yeah, the kid has some way to go.
That's all I'm saying....don't get mad at me cause you got subbed without scoring :D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
zach is being your typical italian coach, no youth involvement what so ever.

talented players like inui doesn't play, talented AM like kakitani(on hot form) doesn't even get called up.

prefering uchida over sakai. :thumbsdown:

endo is a good player but he's 33 years old, he should take him off the line up, give the young ones a chance to shine.

FredX

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lucas has all the qualities but need a good spanking.
He thinks he's the hundred million Ronaldinho-man.
But it can't be all easy for a 20-year old coming from Brazil to PARIS and suddenly being drowned in money, women and good food.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
fucking oscar

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
terrible performance, tactics and subs :thumbsdown:

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
brazilian fans boo every single substitution that any manager ever makes, i don't get it. even when neymar was rested after the game was won they bood lol, too bad on the manager

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Tomorrow a more interesting game

Mexico - Italia 9pm CET

Mexico could surprise Italy, especially if they don't take it seriously
but i'm counting on Italia that they will win

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Tomorrow a more interesting game

Mexico - Italia 9pm CET

Mexico could surprise Italy, especially if they don't take it seriously
but i'm counting on Italia that they will win

Tbh that's the kinda game where Italy usually put in their worst performances, wouldn't be surprised if they drew.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Overall:

Lucas > Neymar.

More complete player, faster, proven in Europe(aka, big-boy competitions)

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Overall:

Lucas > Neymar.

More complete player, faster, proven in Europe(aka, big-boy competitions)

Both are overrated; though, they are very talented. Both tend to try to pass many defenders while losing the ball (mostly seen by Lucas). Both are still raw, Neymar is better because he passes better the ball in the final third, Lucas is just as awful as SeS is in the final third and same as I do not understand how SeS played Am at Padova the same way i do not understand how people consider Lucas a AM or midfielder.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Gazzetta's expected lineup -

af350abb-7b7b-4cd3-89ca-09ba7e9b046f

6 Juve players, 4 Milan players, 1 Romanista.

Prandelli was asked about the probable change to a 4-3-2-1 system with Emanuele Giaccherini and Claudio Marchisio supporting the centre-forward.

“We have to take into account the physical aspect and the fitness levels of the squad right now. The muscular problems we’ve had in training just shows that we worked with great intensity. I’m convinced everyone will reach peak fitness at the right time.

“We have players of great quality, especially in midfield, and have built the side around their movement and possession.

“We also experimented with a few different options, but this is the one that gives us the most guarantees.

“Am I still worried by the performances against the Czech Republic and Haiti? We worked on our tactics over the last few days as well as on our pride and motivation.”

Prandelli seems to be referring to El Shaarawy/Cerci's lack of top fitness, requiring them to crowd the midfield with 5 players and play a safer, possession-oriented game than a flat out 4-3-3. Makes sense. Considering the number of players from Milan and Juventus, there'll be a lot of understanding between the passers.

This is also Pirlo's 100th cap for Italy.

Last edited:

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Pirlo's Mexico Century
By Football Italia staff

Andrea Pirlo hopes to “celebrate my 100th cap in style at the Maracanà” against Mexico and names his Italy heirs.

The midfielder sat down at a Press conference in Rio de Janeiro ahead of the Confederations Cup opener, which kicks off at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

“I am happy, feel in good shape and ready for a great Confederations Cup,” smiled the veteran.

“I hope to celebrate my 100th cap in style at the Maracanà, which is the dream of every child. Our objective is to go as far as possible and we have everything it takes to achieve that.”

Mexico manager Jose Manuel De La Torre said Pirlo was the key figure and they’d try to “control” his influence.

“Of course it’s pleasing to know the opposition Coach has such high regard for me, but I am accustomed to playing while man-marked. Fortunately I am not alone there, so my many talented teammates will help find solutions.”

Pirlo was asked about his remarkable free kick capabilities, which have even impressed the Brazilian media.

“I originally tried to imitate the way Juninho Pernambucano hit the ball. It worked.”

The Italy Under-21 side reached the European Championship Final, so Pirlo looked ahead to who will take his place after the 2014 World Cup.

“There are many who can play in my place, such as Marco Verratti, or maybe Alessandro Florenzi. In any case, it will be Cesare Prandelli who decides.”

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^Good nod to Juninho Pernambucano there. I remember when he started to hit free-kicks like him back when he was with Milan. Juninho P was probably the best free-kick taker that I've seen..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
^Good nod to Juninho Pernambucano there. I remember when he started to hit free-kicks like him back when he was with Milan. Juninho P was probably the best free-kick taker that I've seen..
Still has it

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

I don't think Pirlo ever did the knuckle shot that well. Thing about Juninho was that he scored alot of goals from positions where a free kick really shouldn't be dangerous. Pirlo is most dangerous from positions where he can curl it around the wall

Half of those goals must be from 30-40 meters out, some farther... the guy was/is(?) unreal

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Gazzetta's expected lineup -

af350abb-7b7b-4cd3-89ca-09ba7e9b046f

6 Juve players, 4 Milan players, 1 Romanista.

Prandelli seems to be referring to El Shaarawy/Cerci's lack of top fitness, requiring them to crowd the midfield with 5 players and play a safer, possession-oriented game than a flat out 4-3-3. Makes sense. Considering the number of players from Milan and Juventus, there'll be a lot of understanding between the passers.

This is also Pirlo's 100th cap for Italy.

Giaccherini??? I just don't get it :fp: :fp: :fp:
should not even been called up

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Still has it

:lol:

I don't think Pirlo ever did the knuckle shot that well. Thing about Juninho was that he scored alot of goals from positions where a free kick really shouldn't be dangerous. Pirlo is most dangerous from positions where he can curl it around the wall

Yeah, that was Juninho's uniqueness. But Pirlo has scored with that knuckle shot for Milan. I can't remember the game though, but I remember him saying later that he has been trying to copy Juninho's style for those positions or something like that.

Juninho was insane. Ball went with almost zero spin, and dipped perfectly.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Giacherini instead of SES wtf

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
SES is unfit because he pulled his muscle a few days ago, sake goes for Cerci
Don't see why Candreva or Diamanti can't start there , but Prandelli has a soft spot for that fodder

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pirlas 100th cap and jokerini starting? viva mexico!!!!

Schedule