The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lazio are killing it...another win today and just 3 points from the top. Hats off to Tare for staying put and putting together a quality side and keeping faith in Inzaghi.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I want to puke when I see Suso-Hakan-Piatek and Jack in mid in possible lineup for tomorrow. And 433 all over again. :fp:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not this season particularly, but as soon as he's avaiable we should do everything possible to bring Klopp here. I'd honestly pay him 20 million in wages to have him here.

Best coach in the world, and has said multiple times he has learned from Sacchi. Good with youths as well.

He'd honestly be the perfect coach to return us back to greatness.

So, as soon as he's avaiable to everything possible to get him here.
The real question is to whom wouldn't he be the perfect coach right now? :D

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
So it turns out Rino did miracles and bad luck + refs f him up for 1 point. These team cant do shit. And we fired him and sd who had deals with everton, sensi and malcolm. Nice.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
So it turns out Rino did miracles and bad luck + refs f him up for 1 point. These team cant do shit. And we fired him and sd who had deals with everton, sensi and malcolm. Nice.

And we replaced him with a "coach" who's never finished higher than 9th and signed two thirds of a relegated teams midfield and the Brazillian Gustavo Gomez and expected to be fighting for CL :lol::lol::fp:

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
weren’t we going to pay 35mill for Correa last summer but got a a loan for Rebic? By my math we shld 35 mill in the bank.
In a Football manager situation I would take scraps for Hakan 10 mill from Leicester and go in for Everton.
I would not even trust fm as in one save I had managed to sell suso for 90 mil ,hakan for 50 and bona for 70 mil somehow all in a span of the 2019 winter transfer.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

except we didn't fire Rino.
He resigned.
Both Rino and Leo resigned because Maldini playing office politics.

Few months ago there was a rumor saying that Rino is open to return, but only if Maldini is out.

the only person who has influence to kick maldini out is, the one and only, Franco Baresi.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
as a player, not director.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini and Boban are doing as bad as Fasssone and Mirabelli.

F&M spent 250m on transfer fees and 21m on agent fees in one summer and they handed out salaries like there was no tomorrow. 7.5m net for Bonucci, 6m+1m for Donna. 3.5m each for Biglia & Kalinic. Tripling Suso's salary to 3m.
Reina 3m while keeping Donna.
2.5m for Borini & Hakan. 2m+ for Rodriguez, STRINIC, Musacchio, ASilva & Conti.
1.5m for freaking Halilovic.
One of the recipients of the agent fees was Morata's agent.:fp:

Maldini and Boban on the other hand spent around 80-85m on transfer fees.
1.1m net for Krunic. 1.4m for Leao. 1.5m for Theo & Bennacer. 1m for Duarte.
3m for Rebic, but that was his salary in Frankfurt and it seems like they will cancel the loan.

Maldini fucked up immensely on Giampaolo, but the wage management is the best we've ever seen in this club. None of the purchases seem like a big waste of money, unlike the ones made by Mirabelli and Leo, and they won't be as hard to sell in case they flop due to their salaries.
I know some of you are dreaming of a new sugar daddy artificially keeping the club alive, but what will probably happen is that Elliot passes the club over to a new American investment firm. The sooner the club adapts to a 200m revenue reality the better.

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Since joining Milan in 2017, Lucas Biglia has missed 33 games due to physical problems [MilanNews]

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Here's how much Premier League teams spent on first teams this season (+Aston villa £130m).

IMG-20200105-223601.png

To properly build a team, first thing we need is a gread SD and a Coach who understands how to build build a team. Liverpool don't need sugar daddy, but they have great SD and Coach, and look at them now.

No sugar daddy want to invest in this club after they found out what Maldini did with Elliot money.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Since joining Milan in 2017, Lucas Biglia has missed 33 games due to physical problems [MilanNews]

20m transfer fee for an injury-prone player that was a few months away from turning 32.
6 different injuries in his last season for Lazio. 14 missed games due to injuries.
3.5m-a-year 3 year contract.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hire new SD, and then after a year when miracle doesn't happen and we are still shit, hire a new one:lol:
Or perhaps one year is too much and we should hire new SD every 6 months?
As if liverpool was built during last transfer window spending 0:lol:

What Maldini did with money are our biggest assets now in addition to Dollar and Roman.
New SD won't bring top coach, don't be delusional. If top coach was available they would get one. It's not like they prefered GP over Klopp:lol:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
20m transfer fee for an injury-prone player that was a few months away from turning 32.
6 different injuries in his last season for Lazio. 14 missed games due to injuries.
3.5m-a-year 3 year contract.

Above all playing like dogshit

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Biglia is one of the most idiotic transfers in the last decade, knowing his age, price, contract, form etc. And on top of that, he was shitty 90% of his time in Milan.

I think he was even in his last year of contract but still they paid 20 fucking millions, which makes things even worse actually. :fp:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Maldini and Boban are doing as bad as Fasssone and Mirabelli.

I disagree. There's a plethora of reasons why M&B are better than F&M and vice-versa for those who'd like to imagine so, but for instance, I'll opt this one; the vast difference in wage structure under F&M and M&B.

In 2017, when Mirabelli and Fassone went on *that* opportunistic shopping spree, they handed out €m in wages to:

Biglia: €3m/yr
Borini: €2.5m/yr (!!!)
Kalinic: €3.5m/yr
Outfoxed by Raiola, resulting in churning out €7m/yr to an 18 year old Donnarumma.

In 2018, you would think that they have reflected and would come up with a coherent plan after a deplorable campaign... obviously, they didn't and went on like this:

Strinic: €2.5m/yr (who later was diagnosed with a heart condition)
Halilovic €1.5m/yr
36 yo Reina: €3m/yr

Fortunately, Fassone and Mirabelli were able to only sign 3 players before Leonardo returned.

In comparison to Mirabelli & Fassone --- Maldini, Boban (and Leonardo, if we're petty) handed out €m in wages:

Theo: €1.5m/yr
Bennacer: €1.5m/yr
Paqueta: €1.7m/yr (Had huge interest from PSG at that time, who could comfortably trump us in player wages)
Leao: €1.4m/yr
Piatek: €1.8m/yr (Chased by Premier League teams at the time we signed him)
Castillejo: €1.5m/yr (My hunch is that he would've earned at least €3m if M&F was in charge)

The one that sticks out like a sore thumb from M&B's list is Rebic - who earns €3m. However, there's some leeway here, given that this was his Frankfurt salary and it would prove to be burdensome, especially on deadline day, to attempt to reduce that.

Obviously, I don't deny that Maldini had his wrongdoings, such as the Giampaolo appointment or Boban with the signing of Rebic, a cumbersome player who initially was never meant to suit Giampaolo's style of football.

.... But don't make the mistake of saying that F&M is on par with M&B. It's just plain wrong - on all fronts.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Whoops. Just noticed Goodfella's identical post.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Hire new SD, and then after a year when miracle doesn't happen and we are still shit, hire a new one:lol:
Or perhaps one year is too much and we should hire new SD every 6 months?
As if liverpool was built during last transfer window spending 0:lol:

What Maldini did with money are our biggest assets now in addition to Dollar and Roman.
New SD won't bring top coach, don't be delusional. If top coach was available they would get one. It's not like they prefered GP over Klopp:lol:

Lmao obviously you’re joking right? Only Theo has been a sure fire hit from the last mercato whereas Bennacer and Leao have potential but plenty to prove. The other 3 signings are grade A fodders. To put it in perspective, besides Theo, has any of Maldini’s other signings appreciated in value? Hell no. I’m pretty sure Bennacer and Leao would fetch around the 15-20m range which is precisely what they cost. However, nobody would pay 10m for Duarte or even a loan fee for Rebic :lol:

Compare that to Leo’s signings where both Piatek and Paqueta could’ve been sold for significantly more last summer. Although Caldara and Higuain bombed for unforeseen reasons, they were brilliant signings on paper and nobody was complaining at the time. Only Laxalt and Samu flopped hard but I give Leo a pass as he was literally forced to complete those transfers due to the Lapadula/Bacca situations. Also, I remember Maldini saying that out of last summers transfers he was most excited about Samu so I’m pretty sure he’s to blame for that debacle too :lol::fp:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he was even in his last year of contract but still they paid 20 fucking millions, which makes things even worse actually. :fp:

Yup.
One year left of his 1.4m-a-year contract.

Lazio received 20m for a soon to be 32 year old whose contract was about to expire.
They replaced him with Leiva, for £5m, who was 1 year younger, at least as good as Biglia, and who missed fewer games in his first 2.5 years than Biglia did in one year.

Biglia almost tripled his salary.

Everybody won, except Milan.

Horseshit

We need a video apology of Anus slapping himself until he's done as much damage as Mirabelli.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I disagree. There's a plethora of reasons why M&B are better than F&M and vice-versa for those who'd like to imagine so, but for instance, I'll opt this one; the vast difference in wage structure under F&M and M&B.

In 2017, when Mirabelli and Fassone went on *that* opportunistic shopping spree, they handed out €m in wages to:

Biglia: €3m/yr

Borini: €2.5m/yr (!!!)

Kalinic: €3.5m/yr

Outfoxed by Raiola, resulting in churning out €7m/yr to an 18 year old Donnarumma.

In 2018, you would think that they have reflected and would come up with a coherent plan after a deplorable campaign... obviously, they didn't and went on like this:

Strinic: €2.5m/yr (who later was diagnosed with a heart condition)

Halilovic €1.5m/yr

36 yo Reina: €3m/yr

Fortunately, Fassone and Mirabelli were able to only sign 3 players before Leonardo returned.

In comparison to Mirabelli & Fassone --- Maldini, Boban (and Leonardo, if we're petty) handed out €m in wages:

Theo: €1.5m/yr

Bennacer: €1.5m/yr

Paqueta: €1.7m/yr (Had huge interest from PSG at that time, who could comfortably trump us in player wages)

Leao: €1.4m/yr

Piatek: €1.8m/yr (Chased by Premier League teams at the time we signed him)

Castillejo: €1.5m/yr (My hunch is that he would've earned at least €3m if M&F was in charge)

The one that sticks out like a sore thumb from M&B's list is Rebic - who earns €3m. However, there's some leeway here, given that this was his Frankfurt salary and it would prove to be burdensome, especially on deadline day, to attempt to reduce that.

Obviously, I don't deny that Maldini had his wrongdoings, such as the Giampaolo appointment or Boban with the signing of Rebic, a cumbersome player who initially was never meant to suit Giampaolo's style of football.

.... But don't make the mistake of saying that F&M is on par with M&B. It's just plain wrong - on all fronts.
Agreed.

Also I think the next two windows will demonstrate that Maldini and Boban are on another level.

I've already moved on from the Giampaolo mistake. I guess Hugh will bring it up weekly. Theo, Bennacer and Leao are good signings.

I look forward to see how Maldini will develop as DT. Some miscreants in here are screaming for his head already.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lazio are killing it...another win today and just 3 points from the top. Hats off to Tare for staying put and putting together a quality side and keeping faith in Inzaghi.

Lazio also have a game to make up as well.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
people who want to kick our legend, the symbol of this club out after just half a season in charge :fp:
Same people are licking arses of atalanta and lazio SDs who had years of being midtable before achieving something

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
people who want to kick our legend, the symbol of this club out after just half a season in charge :fp:
Same people are licking arses of atalanta and lazio SDs who had years of being midtable before achieving something

just ignore him and his posts... beegees is not Milan fan .

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sky - Milan-Sampdoria: Gordon Singer will be present to watch Zlatan Ibrahimovic's debut

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed.

Also I think the next two windows will demonstrate that Maldini and Boban are on another level.

I've already moved on from the Giampaolo mistake. I guess Hugh will bring it up weekly. Theo, Bennacer and Leao are good signings.

I look forward to see how Maldini will develop as DT. Some miscreants in here are screaming for his head already.
Agree.

While no-one was eclectic because of GP, most experts in Italy agreed that GP had the potential to be a very clever move.

In the last few months of Rino our team looked more and more lost on the field, grinding out points depending on the individualism of few but without real gameplan. A tenure that ended with us gifting Inter 4th place, who only months before was a debacle, and letting Atalanta surpass. Even if Rino resigned - it would have been the right choice to sack him anyway. People here tend to forget that with Rino this team was going nowhere and it probably wouldn't have changed if he stayed.

Meanwhile GPs Sampdoria wasn't a team of phenomenons, but it was playing nicely and was a difficult beast to tackle for everyone who faced them. I remember lots of experts saying things like "when GP is able to create a system where 36 years old Quagliarella becomes Serie As topscorer over CR7 - who on top of that has way more talent behind him and supporting him - then who knows what he can do with Piatek and Milan who are on a way superior level than Samp?"

As I said, GP didn't look like a wrong move. Rino had helped building a teamspirit that got milked way beyond we could have imagined. But it became evident that this team now needed a teacher to take the next step of its development. Rino is a motivator, not a teacher. GP on the other hand was known for being one. Voilà: it seemed a clever decision.

Now in hindsight we all know how terribly wrong it all went. GP must have been the most tremendous catastrophe of a coach this team ever had and I dare to say that up to date we are still paying for it. But I wouldn't pin Maldobans success on a decision that turned out wrong in hindsight but seemed well thought back then when taken. I'm way more disappointed with the hiring of Pioli instead of Spalletti tbh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule