Week 27: AC Milan vs Napoli 14/03/2021 20:45 CET

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Your answer makes no sense, you must've replied to someone else's post/Q. Only good thing with EL is that you get a confirmation of how far away from the best teams you are. Also, if you don't win EL - there's no point in participating at all.

Who cares about confirmation??? You want confirmation while sacrificing points to get Top 4 secured????

You tried to get into the group stage, that was good financially. After that, it became not financial rewarding anymore. We need money because we need to plug the holes in our squad like getting good backup for LB and RW and striker. So getting into top 4 should be the absolute priority. Putting resources in EL while we have depleted squad just doesn't make sense at this point

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
Your answer makes no sense, you must've replied to someone else's post/Q. Only good thing with EL is that you get a confirmation of how far away from the best teams you are. Also, if you don't win EL - there's no point in participating at all.

Winning EL is a long shot now.
My answer indeed makes sense- I would like Milan to be eliminated in that stupid league.
Kjaer got injured vs Manchester, Calabria got injured.....
We play with 4th and 5th option at the back.

We should focus solely on 4th spot at the end.
I am afraid that we are going to miss it this way

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The starting back line was a joke and the result makes sense. Pioli had no better options. I don't know anymore. This team mentally struggle in every match.

Getting eliminated by United on Thursday will end our run in EL and we will probably keep sliding down the middle of the table in Serie A.

Forget that bullshit idea of dropping EL and focusing on Serie A. That's not going to happen and the supporters of the idea know it deep down. We are having ZERO momentum.

This team have been playing scared with scattered thoughts here and there in every match recently.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
For those that thought that was a penalty by definition of ?contact? in the penalty area have obviously never played football in their life.

The contact has to be determined to be illegal reason the opposing player is hindered.
In this case the contact was so slight and Theo was obviously looking for the foul... sure we?ve seen penalties given for a lot less. But this would?ve qualified as an awfully soft penalty to award. Let?s move on.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Think Theo cudve done more on the goal? He shud be running at top speed to be on the correct side of politano as soon as those other 2 clowns lost possession on the right... Theo started his acceleration (giving a shit) way too late.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
For those that thought that was a penalty by definition of ?contact? in the penalty area have obviously never played football in their life.

The contact has to be determined to be illegal reason the opposing player is hindered.
In this case the contact was so slight and Theo was obviously looking for the foul... sure we?ve seen penalties given for a lot less. But this would?ve qualified as an awfully soft penalty to award. Let?s move on.

You see the reaction of many people involved in football that it was a penalty indeed and you act like a smart ass and tell everybody here how you played football. Mate, we have seen penalties awarded for lesser fouls than this. So please give us a brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
pioli has a clear system which demands 100% fit players; whenever we field only fit players (calhanoglu back from injury only yesterday clearly isn't one, nor is kessie after 95min vs man utd) the team does well, even if the names of the fit pllayers are krunic and meite, the team looks much better along with better flow.

Whenever we field calhanoglu, bennacer, romagnoli, rebic, ibra and whoever's been rushed back from injury, they've all got one thing in common; poor individual performances resulting in entire team being 15% weaker. You can't afford a team that's at 85% only vs any of the top 6 teams, you just can't.

+1

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Pioli has a clear system which demands 100% fit players; whenever we field only fit players (Calhanoglu back from injury only yesterday clearly isn't one, nor is Kessie after 95min vs Man Utd) the team does well, even if the names of the fit pllayers are Krunic and Meite, the team looks much better along with better flow.

Whenever we field Calhanoglu, Bennacer, Romagnoli, Rebic, Ibra and whoever's been rushed back from injury, they've all got one thing in common; poor individual performances resulting in entire team being 15% weaker. You can't afford a team that's at 85% only vs any of the top 6 teams, you just can't.

I agree. Very demanding style of play we have. If one or two are not in correct spots to press there will be gaps for smart teams to exploit.

Hoping for a Meite Kessie Tonali midfield vs United and Saelemaekers Rebic and Ibra/Leao/Brahim

Hakan can come on later on in the match when everyone is slightly tired.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I would like to know which system doesnt need 100% fit players, coz we should be using it.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Agree, if Juve or Inter earned that penalty we would all complain.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
You see the reaction of many people involved in football that it was a penalty indeed and you act like a smart ass and tell everybody here how you played football. Mate, we have seen penalties awarded for lesser fouls than this. So please give us a brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?ve already said we have seen penalties given for a lot less...
My point is We shouldn?t be expecting charity that is not deserved so we shouldn?t fault the referee here. A penalty award would be more harsh on Napoli than deserving by Milan.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think fitness was a big problem in this game.
They all looked fit and didn't seem to struggle physically with the tempo, and that includes Hakan.

Pioli experimented and it failed miserably..
Tonali and Kessie were clearly instructed to take turns dropping into the back-line in order to get the most out of Dalot's and Theo's attacking potential.
We also had a very defensive AM trio in Krunic-Hakan-Samu, probably also to compensate for the wingbacks and cover the absence of Kessie/Tonali in the midfield when they drop deeper. But all we got from the attacking potential of Theo-Dalot was a goal in the wrong direction. The experiment clearly failed this time, but the Theo-Dalot combination itself has failed every single time because we can't afford flanking the CBs with two idiots, and Dalot's offensive game isn't even above average as RWB. Pioli deserves every insult he gets if he starts those two again against Manure.

And then there's Leao...

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I would like to know which system doesnt need 100% fit players, coz we should be using it.

You misinterpreted the written, it means a demanding style in terms of fatigue and high press (Germans call it Gegenpress) - that style requires everyone to be on 100% physical.
The xmas tree formation we played under Carletto didn't demand the same, as an example both Seedorf and Rui Costa were far better on their 85%, then Dhorasoo on his 100% in that system.

Clearly you could see that Meite was better then Kessie when he entered the pitch yesterday. Franck the tank looked like a shadow of himself during entire match, down to fatigue and demanding style.

Like others wrote here, vs Man Utd only the 100% fit should play, meaning no Ibra, no Bennacer nor anyone else that's been injured until now...

I'm nlt a huge fan of EL, but European experience is sorely needed for this young squad as a whole.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
Fuck Pioli for not fielding a proper defensive backline. Playing both Dalot and Theo means suicide. I don’t even care if they can contribute to attack. Defensive duties first. Kalulu should have started at RB and either Dalot or Theo on the left. Putting Kessie or Tonali as an extra CB was a no-no when we can keep possession with Meite and Kessie at the center of the field as we saw in Verona and Man Utd game. We played this tactical battle wrong. Samu was being blamed when Saele and Samu both have offensive output. Those dudes are extra midfielders in my eyes and they are not the major problem. What we lack is a real striker who stays in the box and a left winger who has a decent long shot. We don’t have a focal point of attack without Ibra.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think that all the propaganda shit about Milan getting too many penalties starts to pay up of for the opponents.
The penalty should have been awarded . In 19 of out of 20 cases this was a penalty. And I think that crook of a ref decided not to give it even before he watched the VAR.

Our management must start to complain and pressure the refs organization as opponents are doing. That is part of the game

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
La Gazzetta dello Sport wrote it’s ‘surprising’ Pasqua didn’t award Milan a penalty kick after a VAR check, but T U T T O suggested Theo Hernandez should have seen red.

It was a busy night at the Stadio San Siro for Fabrizio Pasqua.

The referee didn’t award Milan a spot-kick in the final minutes of their 1-0 home defeat against Napoli, causing Theo Hernandez and Gigio Donnarumma’s anger.

Pasqua didn’t award the penalty kick after a VAR check and La Gazzetta dello Sport wrote it was a surprising decision.

“There was contact between Theo and Tiemoue Bakayoko, but it seemed more like a penalty on the TV rather than on the pitch,” wrote La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The paper analysed the presumed foul on the French left-back could not be considered a “serious missed incident,” therefore, it was surprising Pasqua was told to have a VAR check in the first place.

However, once Pasqua saw the foul on the screen, it was surprising he didn’t award the penalty kick.

As per Il Corriere dello Sport, Pasqua saw the contact, but he judged him not severe to cause the defender’s fall.

Theo Hernandez committed a harsh foul on Victor Osimhen after the penalty incident and according to **********, the Frenchman should have seen red.

Pasqua ratings on Italian sports papers:

La Gazzetta dello Sport: 5.5/10

Il Corriere dello Sport 4/10

T U T T O 5/10

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Watching the game yesterday, I liked how Tomori took responsibility for the defence. He was the defensive leader, as Kjaer has been for him since arriving.

blacki

Primavera
Reaction score
anyone think gabbia should have done more at goal? i think we have find slowest player in our squad, it looks like even gigi is faster than him

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
La Gazzetta dello Sport wrote it?s ?surprising? Pasqua didn?t award Milan a penalty kick after a VAR check, but T U T T O suggested Theo Hernandez should have seen red.

It was a busy night at the Stadio San Siro for Fabrizio Pasqua.

The referee didn?t award Milan a spot-kick in the final minutes of their 1-0 home defeat against Napoli, causing Theo Hernandez and Gigio Donnarumma?s anger.

Pasqua didn?t award the penalty kick after a VAR check and La Gazzetta dello Sport wrote it was a surprising decision.

?There was contact between Theo and Tiemoue Bakayoko, but it seemed more like a penalty on the TV rather than on the pitch,? wrote La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The paper analysed the presumed foul on the French left-back could not be considered a ?serious missed incident,? therefore, it was surprising Pasqua was told to have a VAR check in the first place.

However, once Pasqua saw the foul on the screen, it was surprising he didn?t award the penalty kick.

As per Il Corriere dello Sport, Pasqua saw the contact, but he judged him not severe to cause the defender?s fall.

Theo Hernandez committed a harsh foul on Victor Osimhen after the penalty incident and according to **********, the Frenchman should have seen red.

Pasqua ratings on Italian sports papers:

La Gazzetta dello Sport: 5.5/10

Il Corriere dello Sport 4/10

T U T T O 5/10

In all honesty.. i dont care about the penalty, a penalty save us against United even tho we did a GREAT game. Pioli should have keep the hardworker team plan against Napoli. But he decides to stick Hakan in and in this squeme, Hakan doesnt have much to offer in Ibra's absence. Anyone does.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think fitness was a big problem in this game.
They all looked fit and didn't seem to struggle physically with the tempo, and that includes Hakan.

Pioli experimented and it failed miserably..
Tonali and Kessie were clearly instructed to take turns dropping into the back-line in order to get the most out of Dalot's and Theo's attacking potential.
We also had a very defensive AM trio in Krunic-Hakan-Samu, probably also to compensate for the wingbacks and cover the absence of Kessie/Tonali in the midfield when they drop deeper. But all we got from the attacking potential of Theo-Dalot was a goal in the wrong direction. The experiment clearly failed this time, but the Theo-Dalot combination itself has failed every single time because we can't afford flanking the CBs with two idiots, and Dalot's offensive game isn't even above average as RWB. Pioli deserves every insult he gets if he starts those two again against Manure.

And then there's Leao...

That trio(players aside), that trio is stucking our entire game. We did well against United coz Pioli went full mode Ancelotti, 4-4 and Diaz surrounding Leao(who doesnt play like an real target man), that gaves us movement, volume and solidness, krunic opening the avenue for Dalot withou compromising the left side was perfect. Against Napoli Pioli release Krunic and Samu, that move stretched our team.

Next game i would go 4-4-(1-1) again, with Diaz(second striker) and Leao.