Week 20: Bologna - Milan 30/01/2021 15:00 CET

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
GdS: Leao is favorite to start as a trequartista, the role he played at Sporting youth. Rebic on the left. Runoff between Samu/Saelemaekers, and Tonali/Bennacer.
The fuck they mean runoff between Saels and Samu? Unless Saels is not fit, there should be no run off.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I would love to see Leao succeed there. The more football on the pitch, the merrier.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GdS: Leao is favorite to start as a trequartista, the role he played at Sporting youth. Rebic on the left. Runoff between Samu/Saelemaekers, and Tonali/Bennacer.

I don't think he'll be a 'trequartista' in the same way Hakan played it. He'll be a second striker floating around Ibra.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
MN probable XI: Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Tonali,Kessi?; Castillejo (in vantaggio nel ballottaggio con Saelemaekers), Leao, Rebic; Ibrahimovic.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I don't think he'll be a 'trequartista' in the same way Hakan played it. He'll be a second striker floating around Ibra.

4-2-2-2? I don't see Leao contributing something similar to a Hakan performance, but having him backing up Ibra could turn out very interesting against a low tier team.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
MN probable XI: Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Tonali,Kessi?; Castillejo (in vantaggio nel ballottaggio con Saelemaekers), Leao, Rebic; Ibrahimovic.

Now we are talking!!!!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4-2-2-2? I don't see Leao contributing something similar to a Hakan performance, but having him backing up Ibra could turn out very interesting against a low tier team.

Not exactly. Remember when we first shifted away from Susoball we played 442 with Ibra and Leao up front. We played quite a few games like that before the lack of balance made Pioli shift to a 4231. It was Hakan on the left, and not Rebic as seems likely now, but it's still not something we're unfamiliar with.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Glad to see Leao as CAM, could be great.

Tonali/Bennacer I‘d give one half each. With 5 subs that‘s not a problem.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not exactly. Remember when we first shifted away from Susoball we played 442 with Ibra and Leao up front. We played quite a few games like that before the lack of balance made Pioli shift to a 4231. It was Hakan on the left, and not Rebic as seems likely now, but it's still not something we're unfamiliar with.

I'm already envisioning Ibra hold-up with Leao lightning runs. This will be fun.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
This is the way.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yup.

Brings back memories of discussions about whether Pioli will field Rebic at LM since Fraudoglu is shit. I thought it would make it even more unbalanced.

I still do, but hey it's Bologna, just a makeshift solution and this time we (might) have Mandzukic to come on for one of the strikers.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Donnarumma
Calabria Tomori Romagnoli Theo
Kessie Tonali
Saelemaekers Le?o Rebic
Ibra @Sky

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Please do not risk Bennacer here from the start. Introduce him last 30 minutes or so and we are winning comfortably so he can ease in

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
@AntoVitiello
Called up #Milan for #BolognaMilan
Present #Bennacer ,#Mandzukic ,#Tonali . There is not #Calhanoglu

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Been a pretty hard week for us fans with atalanta loss and merda bitter coppa exit

Nothing really matters anymore except this win

I cant express how important the win will be here. This is it

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
The positive momentum has now been halted. Time to roll up the sleeves and fight. Early afternoon KO could also have an impact on motivation.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Watching Samu get constant starts really kills one's vibe.

Arguably the most useless player on the team. Hopefully he atleast turns up against the bottom teams.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Watching Samu get constant starts really kills one's vibe.

Arguably the most useless player on the team. Hopefully he atleast turns up against the bottom teams.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Let's not give up on the Costa scenario just yet.

We're getting more and more players back now. I think we will crush Bologna tomorrow and return to winning convincingly until the derby. Which we'll also win.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
#Pioli tried Saelemakers, Leao and Rebic with Ibrahimovic. #Calhanoglu could be called up at the last minute.
@MilanReports

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Leao in the middle, interesting

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I couldn't see Mandzukic last time because we had guests. So stoked to see him tomorrow :love:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Please do not risk Bennacer here from the start. Introduce him last 30 minutes or so and we are winning comfortably so he can ease in

I think Pioli mentioned in the press conference that Bennacer isn't starting.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Neruda is always dramatic. Probably have a heart attack last few weeks of the season. :( As will I.

What last weeks of the season. Id say wayy before that :D

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leao can't play trequartista and track back through the middle and do all that midfield work.

This is going to be a 4411 with Rebic and Samu closing the midfield.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Leao can't play trequartista and track back through the middle and do all that midfield work.

This is going to be a 4411 with Rebic and Samu closing the midfield.

Saelemakers*

Schedule