Week 21: Milan - Crotone 07/02/2021 15:00 CET

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
I want a 4-0, 6-1 type of scoreline. I'm fine skating by with marginal wins, but I want to make a real statement scoreline
I take my words back, i have no doubt we will score on 1st half, high chance scoring 2.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Calabria is on 4 yellows so ideally he takes a yellow here and misses the Spezia game.

Good point. Honestly I think they should legit try to get him a yellow card in the last 15-20 mins of the game and sub him off. Would be smart.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good point. Honestly I think they should legit try to get him a yellow card in the last 15-20 mins of the game and sub him off. Would be smart.

Or we could just rest him against Spezia and keep our options open just in case?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's a whole week to work for this game and recover the injured players and get them back into the team (and into form).

This team don't need a results turn around because points are still coming but it does need a performance turn around... I really expect a more assertive team now, with more of the ball and capable of creating more.

Basically the team we used to see until november. That team is there with key players returning.

Yup, but I won't panic if the dominating performances don't return already in this one.
Bennacer just played his first minutes in 2 months. Are we sure he's even ready to start?
Hakan wasn't even called up for Bologna.

I don't care how they win the Crotone and Spezia games, as long as they win it and the key players are back in form before the derby.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I?m not sure I ever want to see it again after last weekend.

Yeah, it looks like a high risk lower reward move at this point.

25 mins against Atalanta. Zero goals forward, one conceded goal which was scored from Mandzu's flank.

20 mins against Bologna. Zero goals forward, one conceded goal which was scored from Mandzu's flank.

Mario is a 1.90m tall striker. It's incredible that he managed to pull off 4231 LW even at some point in his career. I think it's unreasonable to still expect that of him, at almost 35 and away from professional football for almost a year.
It's made worse by our inability to maintain possession in the attacking half. Perhaps it will not be as bad once Hakan and Bennacer are back, but I still don't like it when we have so many other wing options.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

Or, you leave him more in the back during a corner or whatever, and when crotone counters with 2-3, he is the first one to intercept, making the obvious yellow to break down their attack, that way the yellow was useful

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

25 mins against Atalanta. Zero goals forward, one conceded goal which was scored from Mandzu's flank.

20 mins against Bologna. Zero goals forward, one conceded goal which was scored from Mandzu's flank.

Mario is a 1.90m tall striker. It's incredible that he managed to pull off 4231 LW even at some point in his career. I think it's unreasonable to still expect that of him, at almost 35 and away from professional football for almost a year.
It's made worse by our inability to maintain possession in the attacking half. Perhaps it will not be as bad once Hakan and Bennacer are back, but I still don't like it when we have so many other wing options.

:thumbsup:

Ibra deputy until he attains pre Qatar physique.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I?m typically wrong about everything, so hopefully the opposite of what I say is true. Mandzukic as an Ibra alternative makes sense, because he can play a similar hold up, target man role. Playing them together? No thanks. Playing Mandzukic as a winger? No. I would have Leao as the first backup at CF, because we were starting to play very nice football with him in that role.

Mandzukic can eat up minutes when we need a target man up top.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
We should put a good few past this side.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Feels weird having no midweek game. At least we have returning players and an extra few days rest + training with two weaker sides in a row. Should be clean wins, with extra rest for EL + Inter/Roma games coming up.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Mandzukic gives many solutions to the team and thats what makes him a great player. We need to be sure to get him in shape the best way possible and I trust our coaches in that.

Moreover, Mandzukic gives us new formation options. I would like to see us test two striker formations now that we have 4 strong strikers. We can play diamond mid

-----------Tonali
Bennacer Kessie
-------Calhanoglu

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Mandzukic gives many solutions to the team and thats what makes him a great player. We need to be sure to get him in shape the best way possible and I trust our coaches in that.

Moreover, Mandzukic gives us new formation options. I would like to see us test two striker formations now that we have 4 strong strikers. We can play diamond mid

-----------Tonali
Bennacer Kessie
-------Calhanoglu

No grazie.

There are no new formation options. The only changes are to the way we move the ball up the field.

Route 1 long ball or quick passing counters + high press. Mandzukic is for more route 1.

If pioli tries to transform into Giampioli by trying any of these outdated garbage calshio formations like 4-3-1-2, diamond or some 3 man backline then he'll be binned.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Over or under 1.5 penalties?

Im taking the over thank you :o Lets destroy them.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I really like people asking for a formation change on every corner :fp:

We finally have a working system that suit the majority of our players allowing Milan to top the league & going for the title so what idiot coach will wanna change what is nothing short of a miracle ?!

We are the team to beat this season & we are more unified & in sync than Juve & Inter.
We stick to our game & let seriea change formation/tactic/etc.. trying to stop us.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
GdS Probable line-up:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Bennacer, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Hakan, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
yeah, mandzukic and ibra together with mandzu as winger will be too harsh for him.
I was shocked when he did it for juve, but at this stage I dont think its an option anymore.

but, nevertheless, having both of them on the field in certain scenarios could be a threat:d. Tall CF poachers is a joy to watch. Having both of them in a late game in need of a goal in a 4-2-4 formation will be epic (or even 4-1-3-2)

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Can we try Leao at RM with Rebic on the left sometime?:D
I just dont get why Pioli isnt trying to solve that RW hole within our squad.
Leao , Diaz , Hauge , Dalot & even Kalulu should be tested there, when possible, until one pull it off or we buy a starting RW.
Its the only thing i hate about Pioli.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
If we score 1 in the first half hour I think we will be good to win a comfortable two nothing.... oh wait a min, that was supposed to happen vs Bologna.

I’ll prefer a more collective performance, we look quite disjointed in recent games...

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
I don't care how they win the Crotone and Spezia games, as long as they win it and the key players are back in form before the derby.
If we get ugly 1-0 wins against bottom teams that other donkey teams trash 4/6-0, some doubt could start to build up.

A convincing win will be a huge boost in confidence and that confidence is important to get the team back in shape faster.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I just dont get why Pioli isnt trying to solve that RW hole within our squad.
Leao , Diaz , Hauge , Dalot & even Kalulu should be tested there, when possible, until one pull it off or we buy a starting RW.
Its the only thing i hate about Pioli.
Leao has been tried there and wasn’t good at all. You kill al his talent, and he’s 21 ... the last thing you want is to put him in a place where he doesn’t perform. Hauge can be tested there but you’d remove the thing he does best : cutting in and scoring. And its the same problem with Leao, its not always the best to do so with young players.

Kalulu shouldn’t be tested. He has already been shifted between two positions ( one of which we are very short it ). He has shown 0 signs of being able to play @ RW.

Diaz is the only one that should be played more there, but with him I think the fear is his ability to defend as well as the Casti. I know you don’t like Casti, but he offers more defensively. Attack, however, he is regressing.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
GdS Probable line-up:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Bennacer, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Hakan, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

Rip crotone

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GdS Probable line-up:

Damn look at that starting XI :eek:

I would prefer Rebic over Leao, but Leao has been playing so well lately I understand it?s tough to bench him. We ask a lot of Kessie to help cover for both Leao and Theo when Rebic isn?t played.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Is the perfect game to play different for atleast 45'..

donna
alexis...tomori...kjaer...roma...theo
bennacer...kessie
hakan
ibra...leao​

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

donna
bennacer...kessie
hakan
ibra...leao​
Kjaer is out. We have 3 healthy CBs. And why in the world would we change our formation ?

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

donna
bennacer...kessie
hakan
ibra...leao​

Where is the sweeper???

Ridiculous.

Schedule