Klaas-Jan Huntelaar Thread

Would you like to see Huntelaar in MILAN?

• Yes, definatly...

Votes: 211 67.0%
  • No, I would like to see a different striker in MILAN!

Votes: 104 33.0%

• Total voters

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Jivara said:
i cant believe people would rather have torres than huntelaar ... especially for (an italian club) like AC Milan ... and more importantly especially at a crazy price like 40m for torres ... huntelaar may end up like van basten, he may end up like ibrahimovic ... you dont know ... its all about scouting skills and the way I see it torres would flop bad here while huntelaar would work well at milan ... torres is made for england and spain not italy, huntelaar is made for all 3 big league an mainly italy
I agree about ur overall theory but Huntelaar wont come cheap either.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
yeah but definatly not 40m .... maybe 15m

Jer-v

Beginner
Reaction score
i love him so much =]
and created a xanga blog for him =]

but btw,he had already represented ajax in the CL for 0607....
we dont need him this season but 0708.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi
i wonder why do most players that go to or after being brought up by the youth system of ajax always end up moving to other more prestigious clubs in the end.. i mean.. if ajax had kept the squad together 4-5 years ago, they might very well win the CL cos they will most probabily have 'gelled' together and might even end up like the great ajax sides of yesteryears..

though ajax won't worry cos they keep on producing new ones.. but really, where do they get these players from..

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
shrms6 said:
i wonder why do most players that go to or after being brought up by the youth system of ajax always end up moving to other more prestigious clubs in the end.. i mean.. if ajax had kept the squad together 4-5 years ago, they might very well win the CL cos they will most probabily have 'gelled' together and might even end up like the great ajax sides of yesteryears..

though ajax won't worry cos they keep on producing new ones.. but really, where do they get these players from..
Good question :) Here's my take.

Ajax were a genuine european power only during the times of Cryuff and Rinus Michels, the legendary coach who invented Total Football. After that, apart from the CL win in '95, they were a fading continental power.

Now they're in a position similar to South American clubs - producing precocious players, having them till they are established and then selling them for a fortune. I think Ajax, like South American clubs, are resigned to the fact that they can never dream of matching the moneypower of the top teams from England, Italy and Spain.

So they've decided to live off them, nurturing talent and selling them for a forune, and using that money to plan for the short-term future, at the end of which they'll have another precocious talent. Its a vicious cycle.

It'll take a truly great coach to reverse this trend - at least temporarily. If they win the CL (the UEFA cup is no good) and make the semis twice or thrice in the next five years, the money generated will go a long way in preserving the talent within the club, and what's more, get quality players to further imrove the side.

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
Please save all the obvious educational enlightenment about him being cup tied, that besides the point. He is a World Class striker, even if not the finished product yet. The thing is that after this season he will be soooooooooo much more expensive. And you guys trying to play him dowm by saying he plays in a lowly league... Ronaldo + Romario, to name a few are great strikers, that have gone through Holland be them South American players. Ibras downfall was+is his "attitude".

KJH is clinical to say the least and has been scoring for country (@ junior and now senior level) and in the CL, the goal scoring stats/ratio is just phenomenal and I don't think such performance has been seen in a long while from a young striker. Don't know of how many players switch clubs mid-season and just keep scoring without switching off. Anyways if you guys don't see it along with Braida & Co. too bad. And this is not about the next van Basten either. I wonder what ever happened to the move of buying a plyer and then loaning him back to his club, when his performance still needed to be evaluated (which I don't think is even relevant to KJH).

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
good post ... I dont know why we dont follow that policy, its usually a win win situation if played correctly, I would love to see us sign him and keep him at ajax (a club we have very good relations with) until maybe pippo leaves

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
Shevy_007 said:
Please save all the obvious educational enlightenment about him being cup tied, that besides the point. He is a World Class striker, even if not the finished product yet. The thing is that after this season he will be soooooooooo much more expensive. And you guys trying to play him dowm by saying he plays in a lowly league... Ronaldo + Romario, to name a few are great strikers, that have gone through Holland be them South American players. Ibras downfall was+is his "attitude".

KJH is clinical to say the least and has been scoring for country (@ junior and now senior level) and in the CL, the goal scoring stats/ratio is just phenomenal and I don't think such performance has been seen in a long while from a young striker. Don't know of how many players switch clubs mid-season and just keep scoring without switching off. Anyways if you guys don't see it along with Braida & Co. too bad. And this is not about the next van Basten either. I wonder what ever happened to the move of buying a plyer and then loaning him back to his club, when his performance still needed to be evaluated (which I don't think is even relevant to KJH).

thats a fantastic idea buy huntelaar then loan him back to ajax for a year, buy tevez and sobis this year then next year we will have tevez/sobis gila/huntelaar FRIGHTNING!!!!!!

NANMAN30

Primavera
Reaction score
Dann said:
thats a fantastic idea buy huntelaar then loan him back to ajax for a year, buy tevez and sobis this year then next year we will have tevez/sobis gila/huntelaar FRIGHTNING!!!!!!
Yea frightning...but as the popular cliche goes offense wins games, defence wins championships..case in point Italy winning the WC over more offensively talented teams such as Brazil...I think two big signings on forwards is enough and some cash should be invested in our aging defence.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I though the reason we were being very cheap on the market for the past 4 summers was to spend it on reinforcing the squad ... and with shevas money we should be able to build a good squad for another 5-6 years with minor changes each summer like we have in the past

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I haven't seen much of Huntelaar play though i've been watching some footage of him in action...he's a rare talent. For his age his composure + class infront of goal is unbeliveable!
He just doesn't score goals he scores them with style. This bloke is a deadset freaK!

Rybalchenko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tymoschuk, Oleh Luzhny, Paolo Maldini
AJAX ARE OUT OF THE CL in a shock 0-2 loss at home

Huntelaar on the Transfer Market???

Last edited:

PrAcTiC

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
Rybalchenko said:
AJAX ARE OUT OF THE CL in a shock 0-2 loss at home (fielded B after winning away leg)

Huntelaar on the Transfer Market???
On transfer market?
I think he can't play for another team on CL this year..

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
PrAcTiC said:
On transfer market?
I think he can't play for another team on CL this year..
He can play. A renewed list for the group stages must be sent to the UEFA.

PrAcTiC

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
MaGasTeR said:
Ahh ok thanks :)
Anyway Milan are not interested on him. For the moment they are interested just for Ronaldo.

prokeneda

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Pirlo, Torres, Riquelme
MaGasTeR said:

Wrong, he would be able to play only from the 1/8 leg. He can't play the group stage with another team. But i think getting him would be a smart move coz this guy has amayzing scoring skills.
We can make it through the group stage with our curent team.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i hope to see him as a milan player soon... not neccesarily this summer... but we should buy him in 1-2 years when pippo leaves

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
if we cant to sign oliviera..
i hope we cant sign huntelaar..
i want to see him at milan..

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
Good question :) Here's my take.

Ajax were a genuine european power only during the times of Cryuff and Rinus Michels, the legendary coach who invented Total Football. After that, apart from the CL win in '95, they were a fading continental power.

Now they're in a position similar to South American clubs - producing precocious players, having them till they are established and then selling them for a fortune. I think Ajax, like South American clubs, are resigned to the fact that they can never dream of matching the moneypower of the top teams from England, Italy and Spain.

So they've decided to live off them, nurturing talent and selling them for a forune, and using that money to plan for the short-term future, at the end of which they'll have another precocious talent. Its a vicious cycle.

It'll take a truly great coach to reverse this trend - at least temporarily. If they win the CL (the UEFA cup is no good) and make the semis twice or thrice in the next five years, the money generated will go a long way in preserving the talent within the club, and what's more, get quality players to further imrove the side.

Agreed, but I think Ajax has been living off sales to big clubs for much longer than you think. Big clubs have always looked at Ajax when deciding their next stars. This was mainly due to the outstanding youth facilities that helped them create world class players from ordinary ones. The same can not be said of them today as their last class of players were sold to decidedly smaller clubs for much less. I think they have to shake up their youth system if they want to return to the big stage.

I dont see Huntelaar leaving Ajay this season, and maybe even next.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
madtherchot said:
Agreed, but I think Ajax has been living off sales to big clubs for much longer than you think. Big clubs have always looked at Ajax when deciding their next stars. This was mainly due to the outstanding youth facilities that helped them create world class players from ordinary ones. The same can not be said of them today as their last class of players were sold to decidedly smaller clubs for much less. I think they have to shake up their youth system if they want to return to the big stage.

I dont see Huntelaar leaving Ajay this season, and maybe even next.
Ajax's Youth System has always had a reputation for producing world class talent, but the problem nowadays is that they don't seem to be able to hold on to their most valuable players. Giants like Chelsea and Real promise them unbelievable riches if they sign for them when they may not be so serious about signing them after all. This unsettles the players and they start to ask for the same terms in their original club, who obviously can't afford it.

While revamping the Youth System is a priority, they first need to get a world class coach. Like Rangers have. Success breeds success. I don't really think its the other way round. :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
But Chelsea, Real, etc aren't getting their 'products.' Its clubs like Manchester City that they're now selling their players to. And they were not exactly sold early ... Trabelsi pushing on 30, Pineear over 25 (I think), etc. Right now, I would think PSV is doing better at this money making scheme (Park, Van Bomel, Vogel, etc.) But yeah, a world class coach and a review of the youth squad is a priority. And yes, they are related :)

PS. Someone like O'neil maybe :D :tongue:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco the great, Gullit, Weah, Maldini, Sebastiano Rossi, Pirlo, Gattuso
For a couple years now Ajax havent had a real star player that came up through the youth system. I beleive the last such player would be the class of 95 the won the champions league; Kluivert, Seedorf, Davids, and so on.

van der Vaart is probably the best one now. Small English clubs are taking them because they are not ready for the big leagues of Italy first and spain as well.

Huntelaar would be good at milan but not quite this moment. Keep your eye on him this season and see how he does with ajax and holland amd think about it in the summer.

As far as i know, since he joined Ajax in January, he has a averaged a goal a game. I beleive he scored around 19 times in 18 apperances for ajax as well as scoring everytime he started.

DJ MILANO

1st Class User
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chivu, Nesta, D.Cisse, Inzaghi , Kaka, Ronaldinho, Robinho
Huntelaar is good,he scored twice in Uefa Cup.
But i dont think he is gonna end up in Milan.
For now Ronaldinho is our next target as a striker.

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna
at first i didnt rate this guy but i seen him play for holland a couple of weeks ago and he was on fire scored a couple and set one up with a back heel pass

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
acgaetano said:
at first i didnt rate this guy but i seen him play for holland a couple of weeks ago and he was on fire scored a couple and set one up with a back heel pass

Well i just finished watching a Football program on TV and they happaned to mension this guy ... apperantly he started this season on a high ... He manged ot net 6 goals in 6 games... And they also said Milan are after him same as .. INTER..

He looks promising... !!