Who was better

Reaction score
I've recently replied to the Greatest XI Milan thread and there's been some really tough decisions to make, and since I've only been watching Milan from 2003 I need help, so you can you help me out my answering the following questions?

1-Who is Milan's greatest goalkeepers ever? Milan have never had a World Class keeper, but who is Milan's best ever GK? Is it Dida despite making many mistakes?

2-This is for older fans, Who was better Cafu or Mauro Tassotti?

3-Who would you say is better Thiago Silva or Stam?

4-Desailly ior Gattuso who is better as a defensive midfielder

5-What was Frank Rijkard's MAIN position?

6-What was Ruid Gullit apart from being a striker, I know he played as a midfielder sometimes but was he an attacking midfielder, a deep-lying playmaker like Pirlo, a defensive midfielder or what?

7-Who would you consider to be Milan's greatest ever striker?

8-Who was better Seedorf or Rui Costa or Kaka? (All at their prime)

9-Who was better Nesta or Costacurta

Please answer in as much detail as possible and thanks :)

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
1- Dida
2-Cafu
3-Thiago silva
4-Desailly was better overall (gattuso more agressive)
5-Central midfielder (capable of defending and attacking)
6-An attacking midfielder .
7- 3 names : Van Basten-Nordahl-Sheva ( i would say Shevchenko)
8-Kaka
9-Nesta

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Don't you just love the summer

takeshi-kitano.png

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1-Abbiati this year

2-I'd pick Tassoti if the year was 1990 and the other defenders were Maldini, Baresi and Costacurta. Otherwise Cafu.

3-Stam was kinda slow when he was here, but still WC. I'd pick TS. He's more complete.

4-Gattu if its a big game.

5-Lolwhut? He was a midfielder. DM/CM.

6-Attacking midfielder.

7-Van Basten.

8-Rui was the best playmaker. Kaka was the best SS. Seedorf was the most complete midfielder. They were equally great in their own way at their prime.

9-Nesta

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
You haven't added this punctuation mark so am not gonna answer.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i got "hard" salami at the grocery store instead of "genoa" salami.

wtf is wrong with me :fp:

this shit tastes like fucking oscar meyer bologna fuuuuck :fp: :fp::fp::fp:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
A prime Stam shits all over Silva. I'll be suprised if Silva ever reaches Stam's level.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
A prime Stam shits all over Silva. I'll be suprised if Silva ever reaches Stam's level.

Well surprise. Don't suppose it's cause Stam played for Man U ?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
I say that because Stam was an incredible defender.

You may think that you say what you did because Stam was an incredible defender, but you actually just say it because he played for Man U. Just like you think that you think, that the greatest player in history was George Best because he certainly was the greatest player in history. But actually you think George Best was the greatest player in history because he played for Man U.

Btw your signature is disgusting :)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

post CL-final stress??

Stop with this nonsense. Not taking anything away from Stam, but TS belongs up there with the best. Stam is not superior to him.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You may think that you say what you did because Stam was an incredible defender, but you actually just say it because he played for Man U. Just like you think that you think, that the greatest player in history was George Best because he certainly was the greatest player in history. But actually you think George Best was the greatest player in history because he played for Man U.

Btw your signature is disgusting :)

What the fuck are on you on about? George Best isn't the greatest player of all time.

post CL-final stress??

Stop with this nonsense. Not taking anything away from Stam, but TS belongs up there with the best. Stam is not superior to him.

No, because Silva as of yet has yet to reach Stam's level. I don't think he ever will. I hope I'm wrong.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
No, because Silva as of yet has yet to reach Stam's level. I don't think he ever will. I hope I'm wrong.

What makes you think he hasn't reached Stam's level or that he never will? He's been murdering everyone out there this season...

He's probably nr 1-2 in the world right now. Next season if he continues to develop the way he has this last two years he'll surpass Stam's prime.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias

Hahahahaha No ! Thiago Silva is on his way to the Group of Great with Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, Beckenbauer, Sqirea etc.

Stam was good ! But Thiago Silva is on above level... Sounds weird though, but that's just Silva's superior !

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What makes you think he hasn't reached Stam's level or that he never will? He's been murdering everyone out there this season...

He's probably nr 1-2 in the world right now. Next season if he continues to develop the way he has this last two years he'll surpass Stam's prime.

I just don't think he'll be as good as Stam was. I don't think he'll ever be as physically dominant as Stam for one. Stam became a geuine, world class player around 1998, when he was 25/26, which is the age that Silva is at now, and by 99 he was as dominant a CB as any defender could be, and I can't think of another defender at that time who could match him.

Fiero

Reaction score
What makes you think he hasn't reached Stam's level or that he never will?

Thiago Silva hasn't played in England, which automatically means for English people that he isn't as good as those who played in their country's wrestling long ball competition. I'm sorry, I mean the best league in the world.

Metronomo Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I really can't seem to understand what a manure fan has to prove on a milan forum. And as fiero said its nothing unusual, these epl fans create these bull shit theories, most of these dim wits don't even watch football from other leagues yet they think that its completely ok to pass judgements on players they've never seen.

And oh yeah the manure fans are the worst, in their mind, vidic is still the best defender, thiago can't even be compared with him:fp::lol:

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
Lol as great as Silva is, I think what Stam has over him is consistency over a long period of time. He was great at united and great for us too. I'm sure TS will get better and be just as good as long he stays with us. Let's hope he stays injury free and becomes the best CB of this decade :D

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Man Utd fans are a Joke - Fact

EPL Best league in the world today - Fact

Thiago Silva the Best defender today - Fact

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
T.Silva reaches Stams prime already in Porto...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
I think some of yous are underrating Stam.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Best thread eva :thumbsup: :lol:

I think some of you are underrating Costacurta.

Remember back in 06 when we played the cheating scum Bartha? We were in a bit of an injury crisis at the back - Maldini and Cafu were both injured and couldn't play. Stam didn't have the best of seasons either and was coming back from an injury at that period in time; Nesta also wasn't 100% and didn't play the second leg.

Luckily for us, Kaladze stepped up his game throughout the season, and formed a solid pair with Nesta for most of it. Serginho also did well at LB.

But for the second leg, it was Billy that was summoned to partner Kaladze in the center, with Stam pushed to RB. In the matches leading to this game, Billy even played at RB - assisting Kaka' with a cross in one game.

We didn't concede a goal, and even though he picked a yellow for a tactical foul on Eto'o, stood his ground for the period he was on the pitch. If it wasn't for Markus Merk, we would have won that game in Camp Nou against the usual star-studded and over-hyped Bartha crap ...

I think he's been unfortunate, historically speaking, to be surrounded by the monumental greatness of Paolo and Baresi. Kind of puts him the shadows, but at the end of the day, he was a quality defender that played in various generations of the game at the highest levels.

Nesta is a legend in his own right, but I'd be hard pressed to name him better than Billy. I'm leaning towards Billy overall ...

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Only difference between the two, IMHO, is the FACT that Silva hasn't doped.

Yet.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Why the fuck do we have manure bias in every thread?

This is Milan forum 100% Milan bias only :o

Schedule