Michael Essien Thread

How long before Essien starts performing and much adoration happens in this thread?

• February

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • March

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • April

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • May

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Never. Not a clever signing at all.

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't like this deal at all but I am going to attempt to be positive about this.

However, I am going to keep my expectations realistic. If this gamble works out, it could potentially be a very good move as Essien (on-form) would instantly improve our midfield. If he can't find form, we get rid of him a year and a half later.

I hope he can stay healthy and have a revival of his career here.

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
I don't like this deal at all but I am going to attempt to be positive about this.

However, I am going to keep my expectations realistic. If this gamble works out, it could potentially be a very good move as Essien (on-form) would instantly improve our midfield. If he can't find form, we get rid of him a year and a half later.

I hope he can stay healthy and have a revival of his career here.

Maybe he can help us or be a good deal. Pirlo was old, was playing bad and had some injuries too, but he did well at Juve, maybe Essien will do well here.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
Maybe he can help us or be a good deal. Pirlo was old, was playing bad and had some injuries too, but he did well at Juve, maybe Essien will do well here.

You can't compare Pirlo to Essien, two very different players, Pirlos games was never based on physicality unlike Essien, whose games is all about physicality and energy. Pirlos best aspects are his intelligence, positioning, technique, technical ability which aren't overly reliant on physical condition.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA comparing Pirlo with Essien,dear god where's that kind of idea came from?

The nearest circumstances can be compare would be MVB dude,and he proved his worthy already but Essien? We'll see about that.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You can't compare Pirlo to Essien, two very different players, Pirlos games was never based on physicality unlike Essien, whose games is all about physicality and energy. Pirlos best aspects are his intelligence, positioning, technique, technical ability which aren't overly reliant on physical condition.

:fp::fp:
HAHAHAHA comparing Pirlo with Essien,dear god where's that kind of idea came from?

The nearest circumstances can be compare would be MVB dude,and he proved his worthy already but Essien? We'll see about that.

:fp::fp:

The example was clear!! it was in regards to age and injuries NOT How both men play the game, their passing abilities etc. etc.

FFS! learn to read and absorb the information posted! :rolleyes:

yes, Essien's circumstance can be compared to Van Bommel. I think we're over paying Essien on his second yr wage, but I really hope he turns out half as good as Van Bommel.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Move the thread, it's been made official by the website over an hour ago and he's arriving to Milan at 19:30

:fp:

Which foddermod moved the thread?

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it looks like couse he should be offil milan player yesterday but noting came from milanello and now this ,bravo gallani

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
looool really :lol:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Galliani, what will you do now? :lol::fp:

Is that your surprise? :proud:

Last edited:

Rossonero

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaka, El Shaarawy
Imagine Preziosi will be getting a call soon

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Nah judging by Milan lab,he will even be cleared with great teeth plus a glass leg.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
If he doesn't come, I'm glad. I like him, don't get me wrong, but hopefully we can brain smarter on the second try

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
How about we wait and see if there is actually any problem before criticizing the management . Even if there is, they might deal with it in the right way. Let's wait and see.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
How about we wait and see if there is actually any problem before criticizing the management . Even if there is, they might deal with it in the right way. Let's wait and see.

Italian media are reporting Michael Essien did not pass his Milan medical, so could be sent back to Chelsea.

According to La Repubblica, the 31-year-old Ghana international failed tests related to an old knee injury, having ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament twice.

Essien arrived in Milan on Friday evening and had his medical on Saturday morning, but so far has still not signed the contract.

This suggests there are problems and the Rossoneri could pull out of the deal.

He will undergo further stress tests at the Milan Lab in a bid to rescue the transfer, which would’ve been free for the club.

It would be a heavy blow for the club, who already sent Antonio Nocerino on loan to West Ham in order to make way for Essien.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
That's Repubblica. Nothing even close to official.

Who said anything about the official; yesterday the news said that he passed the first test and then they didn't release any note about the result of the second test in Milanello's lab.

Till this date & time, it seems that there are an issue and worries about his physical state and Milan's media is not helping here to uncover the truth.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello

Essien has completed the medicals, and he will sign the contract with Milan tomorrow.

puking-pumpkins-2008-hot-pumpkin-carving-trend.jpeg

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ACL injury twice, I dont expect him going to play every week but consider him as a squad player but his wages......ffs G.

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
even if he passed the test, the amount of doubt floating around is worrying. we really shouldn't be buying anyone until the summer, these stop-gaps have to end

Schedule