Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Tottenham ace Eriksen: No tactics, just heart and fight

Y doesnt it work for Gattuso?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Would it be different if Moura didn't score a last second goal? Nope, and I don't think you'll disagree. Same goes for the other commonly called miracle that happened yesterday. Truth is there are too many variables in every CL to judge a league from one season to another. Even between more than a couple of seasons...which makes this discussion so tiring. PL has been strong for a good while but at the same time it's unwarranted to let two miracles define a definite superiority.

I don’t think epl has been strong for a while.. this is the first season where their top teams have performed in europe.

La liga has been nr 1 for the last decade, but this season we have to give epl the crown. It might change next year but well see.

The results could have easily gone the other way, but the fact is they didn’t and that is why they probably will have 4 english teams in chl and europa league final.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I like how the reasoning behind Spurs winning was "they're too much for Ajax" when it was a solo effort + some classic shithousing. Ajax were not inferior at all. But yeah, keep at it.

This game also demonstrates the value of having a fast tricky winger to a team's success. I doubt Tottenham could have won this easily if Ajax didn't have David Neres breathing down their throats.

Ppl talk about our teams under Ancelotti not having wingers....but when you have the likes of Serginho, Cafu and Oddo you didn't really need them (Kaladze and Jankulovski also had incredible seasons )

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I don’t think epl has been strong for a while.. this is the first season where their top teams have performed in europe.

La liga has been nr 1 for the last decade, but this season we have to give epl the crown. It might change next year but well see.

The results could have easily gone the other way, but the fact is they didn’t and that is why they probably will have 4 english teams in chl and europa league final.

So in your opinion EPL only became no1 league tonight ?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
This game also demonstrates the value of having a fast tricky winger to a team's success. I doubt Tottenham could have won this easily if Ajax didn't have David Neres breathing down their throats.

Ppl talk about our teams under Ancelotti not having wingers....but when you have the likes of Serginho, Cafu and Oddo you didn't really need them (Kaladze and Jankulovski also had incredible seasons )

This as well. And yes Ajax payed for some naive mistakes, which is to be expected by a team so young as theirs.

I see a lot of muppets attributing their loss, to Barca levels of meltdown which is all kinds of stupid.

Congrats to Spurs, hoping for a great CL final as i won't particular root for any of them now.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Imagine Tottenham winning CL before City...

LOOOOOL

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Imagine Tottenham winning CL before City...

LOOOOOL

Pep spendings since 2008/2009 season: over 1 billion.
Half of that is at City alone since he took over in 2016.

They have won one league title since then (nobody gives a fuck about English league cups), and Pep has won his last CL as manager when he still had Messi to carry him to victory.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

They have won one league title since then (nobody gives a fuck about English league cups), and Pep has won his last CL as manager when he still had Messi to carry him to victory.

I'm actually in London the day of the final (my girlfriend is going to a concert at Wembley) so it'll be good fun to cheer for Tottenham :D:D

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio

And there lies the difference in our judgment/definition. I don't think extremely fine margins in a couple of games can decide whether or not a whole league is superior to others.

Sure, EPL won this year's European contest but that's not enough data. The players and coaches in Europe's top flight are much the same as yesterday , which implies that EPL has been strong for a while but also that a definite crown is unwarranted.

There are too many variables in a single CL season that decides the outcome - which is why it's so exciting.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
There are too many variables in a single CL season that decides the outcome - which is why it's so exciting.

:thumbsup::star:

I do think EPL money has a part to play though, with the recent budget sizes they now get from TV they are getting stronger squads. Compare to Serie A and it's no wonder the league is so far behind.

It's no surprise there might be 4 EPL teams in the finals of CL/EL this season. La Liga has been dominating (Real, Barca in CL, Sevilla in EL) for the best part of a decade but times are changing.

Let's hope Serie A catches up soon and it's not only Juve competing, but also us, Inter and the likes.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I do hope Spurs wins the CL. Now that Ajax can't anymore.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Blegh......really don't want those Scouse cunts to win anything, especially after disrespecting the one that revived those twats.

Also wish Barca sell Suarez this summer so those Catalan ingrates can go back to being the flat-track bullies they were before him.

Ajax winning the whole thing would've been nice.
But Tottenham somehow won it and those losers don't even know how.
June 1 is St Totteringham's Day.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barca shud sell: Coutinho, Suarez, Malcom, Umtiti, Semedo

And they shud sign: Mbappe, Cancelo, and Ligt

They already have Frankie.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What about this guy vb9

60245573_1276065545876038_8086579745057144832_n.jpg

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

:lol:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
So in your opinion EPL only became no1 league tonight ?

epl teams often use to disappoint in champions league, i think only 4 times the champions league league/european cup winner over 35 years was an english club and it could have been only 1 if it wasn't for that ridiculous comeback in istanbul by liverpool, manu scoring two goals in minute 91 and 93 again bayern or chelsea pulling a win against bayern where they literally played like chievo for 89 minutes and had all the luck in the world. There always has been a lot of money going on in epl but next to that, it certainly is not like they won a shitload of trophies. Even the english NT is embarrassing

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
epl teams often use to disappoint in champions league, i think only 4 times the champions league league/european cup winner over 35 years was an english club and it could have been only 1 if it wasn't for that ridiculous comeback in istanbul by liverpool, manu scoring two goals in minute 91 and 93 again bayern or chelsea pulling a win against bayern where they literally played like chievo for 89 minutes and had all the luck in the world. There always has been a lot of money going on in epl but next to that, it certainly is not like they won a shitload of trophies. Even the english NT is embarrassing
English NT were World Cup semi finalists last year, they're in the Nations League finals, and rightly being considered one of the favourites for Euro 2020. They have a great young team, with tremendous squad depth with only a suspect coach as a potentially big negative.

Embarrassing is what you would call Italy's or Germany's current situation.

PL strength is unparalleled right now. The current top 6 would challenge for the title in any of the other 6 leagues, while say Atalanta, Leipzig or Milan would be mid table in the PL.

Football has come home.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What about this guy vb9

60245573_1276065545876038_8086579745057144832_n.jpg

They shud keep him, need a bit of steel sumtimes. He had a very impressive 1st leg against loserpool. Solid option on the bench.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
And there lies the difference in our judgment/definition. I don't think extremely fine margins in a couple of games can decide whether or not a whole league is superior to others.

Sure, EPL won this year's European contest but that's not enough data. The players and coaches in Europe's top flight are much the same as yesterday , which implies that EPL has been strong for a while but also that a definite crown is unwarranted.

I can accept that

Schedule