Week 8: Milan - Lecce 20/10/19 20:45 CET

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The bolded part is exactly why I think it could work. Bennacer would never want the sitting role. He's by nature inclined to move forward and be dynamic. Among the players we have, a 4-2-3-1 double pivot suits the combination of Biglia and Bennacer the most.

I don't see Bennacer as a disciplined holding mid either, but he's also far from a box-to-box guy.

Normally Biglia-Bennacer would be a too defensive choice, but with Theo, Suso, Calabria/Conti & Leao that might be just the compensation that needs to be made.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Call me crazy but i would bench piatek, start leao upfront and rebic on the left.

So sick of seeing anemic piatek falling on the ground every time someone is close to him.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Call me crazy but i would bench piatek, start leao upfront and rebic on the left.

So sick of seeing anemic piatek falling on the ground every time someone is close to him.

Its amazing how piatek Fell Off Last season. He was The Second coming of Van Basten With how He was scoring. Ever since then He Just did a 180

People were quick to Turn on hin. This ist directed at you by The way

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Its amazing how piatek Fell Off Last season. He was The Second coming of Van Basten With how He was scoring. Ever since then He Just did a 180

People were quick to Turn on hin. This ist directed at you by The way

Bench him for 2-3 games.

Leao is in form and rebic is too good to rot on the bench.

We would have so much strenght up front.

Now we have 0 muscle suso and the bad version of inzaghi.

But we also have pioli so he will play it safe and practical.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
i agree with what most people are saying in here...

except are you guys so sure that rebic is good? or are you just sticking him in formations to give him a chance?

he seems to have very little/no technique from what ive seen so far...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
So far he has looked pretty bad. But he’s likely to do much better when we move to a wing play oriented system.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I see Pioli playing Kessie and Biglia as the starting midfield, if he decides to play 4231. If 433, then throw in Paqueta and/or Calhanoglu.

When Pioli played 4231 at Inter, he started Kondogbia (Kessie) and Brozovic (Biglia) in tandem. Kondogbia, just like Kessie is a player who relies a lot on physicality and they both can play box-to-box roles, if coached correctly. Meanwhile, Brozovic, just like Biglia is a player that is able to dictate the play, additionally someone who possesses good technical ability along with tactical knowledge.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Bench him for 2-3 games.

Leao is in form and rebic is too good to rot on the bench.

We would have so much strenght up front.

Now we have 0 muscle suso and the bad version of inzaghi.

But we also have pioli so he will play it safe and practical.

Rebic? Doesn't look too impressive from what he did in the minutes he played. Admittedly he never started but it`s also not like he got 0 chances, he had opportunities to show something.
So far one could also have played Borini in his place without a real drop in quality.
Time will tell though, it is too soon to really judge him.

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I'd say lets give Rebic more than 30 minutes to show his worth. 30 minutes in a system where everyone has been bad is not enough. Maybe it's enough for someone like necro to judge him so fast but not for me. Idk though maybe my reasoning may be wrong...

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
So far he has looked pretty bad. But he’s likely to do much better when we move to a wing play oriented system.

Yeah, last season showed that. When he was in scoring form for us, it was coming off from balls out wide most of the time and chasing a ball in the box. He's not the type of striker who can create when dropping deeper like he has had to this season. He has missed a few free chances but hopefully under Pioli he can regain form. Worst come to worst, Leao benches him and that really doesn't seem like a bad thing either.

mazen111

Primavera
Reaction score
didn't we play 4-2-3-1 with seedorf as the coach ?

we played it once with carlo ancelotti when we had had ronaldinho. ..we had looked open and unable to move it smoothly from laying midfielders (pirlo ambrosini)

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic? Doesn't look too impressive from what he did in the minutes he played. Admittedly he never started but it`s also not like he got 0 chances, he had opportunities to show something.
So far one could also have played Borini in his place without a real drop in quality.
Time will tell though, it is too soon to really judge him.
I will repeat what buske said....

If he is good enough for croatia to be a starter then i guess we could give him a chance.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yeah, last season showed that. When he was in scoring form for us, it was coming off from balls out wide most of the time and chasing a ball in the box. He's not the type of striker who can create when dropping deeper like he has had to this season. He has missed a few free chances but hopefully under Pioli he can regain form. Worst come to worst, Leao benches him and that really doesn't seem like a bad thing either.

Young Rafa needs to start. He's got that precocious vibe to him and he'll express himself wherever he starts - whether as a CF or on the left.

I don't see Bennacer as a disciplined holding mid either, but he's also far from a box-to-box guy.

Normally Biglia-Bennacer would be a too defensive choice, but with Theo, Suso, Calabria/Conti & Leao that might be just the compensation that needs to be made.

Yeah, ahead of the pivot, it's actually guys with the potential to be really aggressive/explosive if not made to play in a pattern-like passing system I suppose. An attacking foursome of Leao/Rebic, Piatek, Suso and Paqueta/Hakan with Theo bombing down the left can be ridiculously hard to defend against.

Last edited:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When was this?

I think it's actually one of the simplest systems to play. Every player gets ample support from 1-2 other players and there are no complicated patterns of play like there is in a 4-3-1-2 diamond.

My bad and you are right, I meant 4-3-1-2.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Paqueta, Leao, Bennacer, Theo and Piatek should NEVER miss the first XI

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

If Pioli relies on Biglia then he is going to be out after 7 games too. Biglia is super slow, lacks the legs and mobility and only passes backwards.

Biglia, Suso and Hakan out of the first 11 please

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Pioli relies on Biglia then he is going to be out after 7 games too. Biglia is super slow, lacks the legs and mobility and only passes backwards.

Biglia, Suso and Hakan out of the first 11 please

Biglia is not a good option, but it might be the least shitty option Pioli has.

He is certainly more reliable than Bennacer in the anchor role, if we stick with 3 man midfield.
That might also be the case with a double pivot system. Especially if the mids have to cover for Suso, Leao & Theo.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Biglia dictate the play :fp: I just wanna see him doing. Lets just say he is experienced and can deliver good 50 min in every game.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Remove piatek

Nah. I think everyone is a litlle bit too mean to him. Im not going to say that he didnt got service and stuff but yeah i agree that lately he falls too easy in a contact and stuff but i think he is our maine goalscorer along Leao. The difference is Leao can create too but Tek is more of the poacher. Yeah yeah i know he missed a lot of chances against Torino but unfortunately that happens to everyone. I want to see him upfront next to Leao with Paquega behind them. I want that brazlian, skillfull Milan with a poacher in front of the goal and i think those 3 guys are the ones.

Lets not forget they are young and none of them have played too a very high level so their inconsistence is normal.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I see people are trying to justify Biglia again.

Riffstein

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think Biglia is a stupid but somewhat understandable move, the response time of Pioli knowing it’s a stupid move will probably be the true indicator for me for what to expect from him in terms of player choices this season. So this is a good test he’s put himself in.
Piatek for me doesn’t get any proper service, I am 100% convinced in that, is he lacking ? yes, he’s lacking etc etc etc but he was still lacking those last season, maybe there’s a certain frustration because we expect the players to grow in experience and work on themselves which is not apparent here, but how would I know that when he doesn’t get the ball ? Or when the whole system flawed ? In that case have any of the players showed any improvement since last season ?when I see him standing in a somewhat good scoring position and the players choose to try and score themselves instead of passing to him, I just have to give him excuses. last season was different, when there was (or at least to me) this attitude of “hey this guy is coming to save us in the front” and all the players were passing to him, he scored much more goals and was much more comfortable, but it seems like the likes of suso and Kessié have reverted back to their old ways. Last match, the screamer miss he did was actually assisted by Romangoli, that’s kind of an indicator.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He shouldve kept 19 :fp:

This is why you all should believe in curse and shit

:( .. we deserve a worthy #9 and #10 after all these shit years

Nah. I think everyone is a litlle bit too mean to him. Im not going to say that he didnt got service and stuff but yeah i agree that lately he falls too easy in a contact and stuff but i think he is our maine goalscorer along Leao. The difference is Leao can create too but Tek is more of the poacher. Yeah yeah i know he missed a lot of chances against Torino but unfortunately that happens to everyone. I want to see him upfront next to Leao with Paquega behind them. I want that brazlian, skillfull Milan with a poacher in front of the goal and i think those 3 guys are the ones.

Lets not forget they are young and none of them have played too a very high level so their inconsistence is normal.

I overall agree with your post, but I don’t feel like he should be a sure starter.. especially since Leao proved that he is better at CF.

But hey I am sure Pioli will start Piatek regardless of what us posters wish, so let us hope he delivers this time.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Another possibility that I can see Pioli doing is the following:

--Hakan----Piatek----Suso

-Paqueta-----Biglia-----Bennacer-

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Another possibility that I can see Pioli doing is the following:

--Hakan--------Suso

giphy.gif

Schedule