Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Whens the press conference

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
New Coach same shit, Leao grande Huomo, grande Prospect, grande everything, but suso should play at any cost. Leao is a SS and should play with Piatek, Hakan or Paqueta behind them

Evrybody is ok benching Leao because Piatek need confidence, Rebic need a shot with cancer at rw...

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
From the press conference, it seems like it’s still open between Piatek and Leao for the CF role.

Pioli spoke a bit about how he has coached Rebic earlier and he has improved a lot with great experiences at Eintracht Frankfurt.. He was asked about Hakan, and said Hakan is a forward for him and not a midfielder. (As expected).

I think the choices to be made are between Hakan and Rebic for the left wing forward role and between Piatek and Leao for the CF role.

Other roles seem settled for tomorrow, with the Paqueta-Biglia-Kessie midfield and Suso on the right side of the attack. All straightforward choices.

mazen111

Primavera
Reaction score
Pioli: 'Milan need clear ideas'
Football Italia
22 Minutes Ago

Stefano Pioli wants Milan to “prove we’ve got clear ideas” in his debut against Lecce, but is tight-lipped on whether he’s starting Krzysztof Piatek.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

Marco Giampaolo was sacked after losing four of the opening seven games, so ex-Lazio, Inter and Fiorentina boss Pioli makes his debut against newly-promoted Lecce.

“We haven’t had many days to work together, but the important thing will be proving we’ve got clear ideas in tomorrow’s game,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“We’ve got to get to know each other. My method is focused on the details, from recovery exercises to diet, all to bring us advantages on the field and let us play to the best of our abilities. I didn’t ask players what went wrong, just that we are starting a new journey together.

“I think the team needed ideas, knowing what positions to take and the intensity of the tempo, so that’s what we are working on.

“We abolished the pre-game training camp overnight stay in order to give players responsibility for their professional approach. After all, retreats aren’t what they used to be, now there’s no team bonding when everyone is on their phone.”

Pioli was asked why he accepted the Milan job just seven rounds into the campaign.

“I thought that I was going to a prestigious club with a great history, so it’s an honour to be here. If you are in charge of Milan, playing at San Siro must be added motivation rather than a worry.

“I feel that I am prepared for a job like this. I wasn’t 20 years ago, which is why I made the most of even the negative experiences in order to improve myself. I’ll be 54 years old tomorrow and I think I have the maturity to work at this level.”

Giampaolo tinkered with the tactics from 4-3-1-2 to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, so what does Pioli have in mind, particularly for Lucas Paqueta, Rafael Leao, Krzysztof Piatek and Hakan Calhanoglu?

“I will decide my line-up this afternoon, although I tend to only announce it to the team in the morning, if our game kicks off late.

“I told Piatek to believe in himself. If we are at Milan, it means we’ve got quality and need to show that. Rafael Leao is more of a centre-forward than a wide attack, but he does have great potential and can give results straight away.

“Paqueta can be useful both going forward and when defending. Calhanoglu does better when pushing into the opposition half and causing problems for their defences.”

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
"I will decide my line-up this afternoon, although I tend to only announce it to the team in the morning, if our game kicks off late."

But the media will alwyas know what line-up he will choose. Leao and Calhanoglu on the bench, although he's yet to decide. :head:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'd love to see Bennacer but he is a liability in front of defense at this point, there is no point in pretending otherwise.
I hope we can groom him into a better player in the defensive part of the game over the course of his first season.

i wouldn't mind you comment if biglia wasn't a much bigger dud.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Forza CalcioPioli. Let's go lads. Keep it simple but direct. No more system horseshit.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Probable lineup vs. Lecce (4-3-3):
Donnarumma, Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo, Kessie, Biglia, Paquetá,Suso, Leão, Calhanoglu [Sky]

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Hakan over Rebic.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
If Hakan starts I’ll blow a fuse.....

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I feel so sad for Rebic. Imagine the embarrasment that Hakan and others get to start ahead of him. His wife, family, close friends watching him...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
So it's Pioli's birthday today... interesting coincidence :)

Go get yourself those 3 points as a gift, mister!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Gazzetta and SKY are obviously gambling between Hakan/Rebic and Leao/Piatek. No one knows until Pioli decides today.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Curva to give the club the silent treatment tonight.

And Bonaventura not called up. Injured again?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can't wait to see the team tonight. Hopefully they appear with grit, focus and direction.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Seemingly another muscle injury.

Bonaventura was left out as a precautionary measure due to a muscle strain in his left thigh. He'll undergo tests next week [MilanNews]

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonaventura was left out as a precautionary measure due to a muscle strain in his left thigh. He'll undergo tests next week [MilanNews]

I don't hate Bona but it would be an absolute joke if we renewed him on an improved contract.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It seems like the last matchday was so long ago.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Suso or Hakan will Score i reckon. Forza Milan!!!!

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Printer is playing with 2 strikers Lautaro - Lukaku and Rube have Higuain - CRonaldo

ACM has Leao + Piatek + Rebic but they can't play with 2 strikers guess why ? our "most skilled creative" shitty "maestro" has failed miserabelli to play TQ...

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Can't see anything beyond a win today and a comfortable one at that. The lads look more relaxed in the presence of Pioli. Let's hope it translates onto the pitch. First routine 3pts of the season.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can't see anything beyond a win today and a comfortable one at that. The lads look more relaxed in the presence of Pioli. Let's hope it translates onto the pitch. First routine 3pts of the season.

Yup. Watching the trainings video I feel as you say the players feel more relaxed, they're also having more fun as I see them laugh more than before. It also makes me more comfortable watching Pioli involved in the excersises with the team and even plays together wirh them. The complete opposite of Giampaolo standing 100 metres away and writing in his notebook

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yup. Watching the trainings video I feel as you say the players feel more relaxed, they're also having more fun as I see them laugh more than before. It also makes me more comfortable watching Pioli involved in the excersises with the team and even plays together wirh them. The complete opposite of Giampaolo standing 100 metres away and writing in his notebook
I'm ready for a comfortable 3-0 win tonight. I actually find myself in agreement with the Curva. If we bum out tonight the players might as well start looking for a new profession.

Schedule