What book are you reading now? (books)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Ashish said:
nice book perfect storm i read in 5 hours LOL has to give gist of it in one month but went home and had a blast but that english prof almost screwed in my school days. its nice book courage of helpless swimmers and rescuer against mighty nature
Yeah, Perfect Storm is great, really like it but to be honest the parts when the author talked about details on the boat structure, how a storm works and sea-wind information is quite confusing to me. Maybe it's because I've never sailed before and hate the sea:D so the terms were a bit confusing.

Ashish said:
hey how is High Fidelity?.i have it but never tend to read it
It's great. But of course it's better if you've also watched the film. Some take the book-movie route but I always take the movie-book route because I can always watch the movie again instead of spending days (not hours like you :D) to read the book.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
thanks giaz i will come for book review here. i am readin books these being a software engineer is shit so 2 hours football and 2 hours book and 10 hours milan makes a perfect day :)

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
Currently reading "Perfect Storm". The one that made into a movie starring George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg.

I don't know why but I'm currently into books that are made into movies. I have Gangs of New York and The Right Stuff waiting after I finish Perfect Storm not to mention other books read in the past such as Godfather, Interview with the Vampire, Apollo 13, Goodfellas and High Fidelity.

Try reading this book called "Shantaram". Freaking awesome book.

ps: There is a rumor that it will be made into a movie staring Johnny Depp :)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
^^ awesome book full description of mumbai

ya its right mira nair is making it(rumours) btw roots is awesome
sometimes humans are worst than devils

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
reading NIGHT from Elie Wiesel
very thin book but so powerful, one jew in nazi camp :(

going to read Papillon its awesome i heard

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Rented Irving Stone's - "Michelangelo. Agony and Ecstacy"

Hopefully will have time to read it through.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
menon_inc said:
Try reading this book called "Shantaram". Freaking awesome book.

ps: There is a rumor that it will be made into a movie staring Johnny Depp :)
I was really excited when i heard that its going to made into a movie, and that JOhnny Depp is acting at leopolds, which is SERIOUSLY like a 10 minute walk from where i have grown up. I've been to that place countless times in my life, and i just went mad when i heard about it.

But then i read the book, and i can honestly say, i have never ever felt my life getting empty after a book finishes. its like 900+ pages, and i still didnt want it to end. But the best part of the book, are the little discussions with the reader that the writer has....and there is no way they can capture that in a movie.
Simply beautiful book...i cant put it into words. I think it just means so much more to me cos the entire story is set about 10 mins from my house in Colaba - i know every restaurant, every road, every corner that he talks about.

Long live Shantaram :proud:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
The Hitler Conspiracies. Awesome stuff so far.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
I was really excited when i heard that its going to made into a movie, and that JOhnny Depp is acting at leopolds, which is SERIOUSLY like a 10 minute walk from where i have grown up. I've been to that place countless times in my life, and i just went mad when i heard about it.

But then i read the book, and i can honestly say, i have never ever felt my life getting empty after a book finishes. its like 900+ pages, and i still didnt want it to end. But the best part of the book, are the little discussions with the reader that the writer has....and there is no way they can capture that in a movie.
Simply beautiful book...i cant put it into words. I think it just means so much more to me cos the entire story is set about 10 mins from my house in Colaba - i know every restaurant, every road, every corner that he talks about.

Long live Shantaram :proud:

Well said man. After reading that book, my life felt empty for a while and no book I've read since has lived up to the same billing and emotions i went trough while reading the book. I've never been to Mumbai but ill definetly go there and go to freaking leopolds cafe sometime in the future :D You were also probably right about the movie.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Besfort said:
Kamasutra :D

Bes still needs directions when he does it :head: :D

Insomniac_Milan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pato, Pirlo, Nesta, Buffon, Gattuso, Totti, De Rossi
I just finished reading Wolf of the Plains (a historical novel about Ghengis Khan) by Conn Iggulden.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Right now I'm reading a case from a legal periodical on the UK's laws on abortion - cheerful stuff. Graphic too :(

But when I go to bed I'll be reading a JFK biography :)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i read it 15 years ago now i am reading it again

Malgudi Days By R K Narayan
Swami and Friends By Rk Narayan 5:star: simple and awesome

brought
Dont sweat the small things............OMNIBUS by Richard Carlson

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Calum1903 said:
But when I go to bed I'll be reading a JFK biography :)
For JKF related, of course there are many good books around. But I'd like to suggest "The Death of a President" by William Manchester. It is about the 6 days surrounding the death of JFK. The author was comissioned to write the book by the family. We got a look how the family is reacting. Very emotional and revealing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_a_President

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
For JKF related, of course there are many good books around. But I'd like to suggest "The Death of a President" by William Manchester. It is about the 6 days surrounding the death of JFK. The author was comissioned to write the book by the family. We got a look how the family is reacting. Very emotional and revealing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_a_President

Cheers for that :) The one I read was more about his life than his death. All ground that's been covered a million times before but I loved it anyway; JFK was some boy.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Jesus, some readers we must be, the thread's been dormant for more than a year now :D

Anyone read Vernon God Little and loved it? I for one don't remember being so letdown by a book in a long, long time. Dressed up as an irreverent new age look at the world around him by a teenager, it is instead mired in dollops of profanity and a story that moves at an execrable pace. The low point, undoubtedly, was the Sunday Telegraph placing it in the league of Catcher in the Rye. Such commendations have made me eternally wary of books that drown in critical applause.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mans search for meaning
you will appreciate your life like me;)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
As said in another thread - Silence of the Lambs.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Girly book-The Notebook.

And Stephen King-Rage.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
still searching :D

by Viktor Frankl
Sounds like a great book, will try to get it.

Ronaldo fans read?! :D

As said in another thread - Silence of the Lambs.
I've never read Silence of the Lambs. Maybe 'cause horror gives me nightmares. When we were in Journalism school, we were screened police slides of horrific crimes as part of curriculum. I still get jittery at night.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sounds like a great book, will try to get it.

Ronaldo fans read?! :D
loooool :D

they are plain stupid, i saw it in a book store while passing by ;) just thought of putting that name here ;):D

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone read Vernon God Little and loved it?

I enjoyed it. It didn't live up to the hype though.

Following some magnificent off-topic discussion in the EPL thread, I'm going to pick this up again. Only got half way through it before.

OpenVeinsofLatinAmerica.jpg

And I've been reading "A Star Called Henry" by Roddy Doyle. It's shite.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Girly book-The Notebook.

And Stephen King-Rage.
It has a Hollywoood film as well starring Ryan Gossling, eh? Many say it's good but it's really average. But if you(guys) are going to watch it then compliment it and you have it in the bag ;)
I've never read Silence of the Lambs. Maybe 'cause horror gives me nightmares. When we were in Journalism school, we were screened police slides of horrific crimes as part of curriculum. I still get jittery at night.

Books or movies don't have an effect on me. If I watch a doc about chid trafficking, modern slavery, or horrific crimes I might stop in the middle and it might haunt me for few day thoughts.

Insomniac_Milan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pato, Pirlo, Nesta, Buffon, Gattuso, Totti, De Rossi
The Sicilian by Mario Puzo and Superfreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes and Why Suicide Bombers Should buy Life Insurance

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
It has a Hollywoood film as well starring Ryan Gossling, eh? Many say it's good but it's really average. But if you(guys) are going to watch it then compliment it and you have it in the bag ;)
Yep, it worked wonders for that guy. I know the movie is not great, but it's good enough to make me cry (and film-wise I've just cried to the Lion King and Bambi), I recommend it in that sense.

Schedule