Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He was a beast in the second half of 2017/18 season when he carried bonnuci on his back.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
what make think - how many italian cbs are a starters in ucl playing teams by last 3-4 years except 3 grandpas from juve??
acerbi and ... ? do i miss anyone from juve, napoli, lazio, roma, inter... atalanta?

I think it?s only 2 grandpas from Juve- Bonucci and Chiellini. Other than that I think the only other Italian defenders starting for teams that were in UCL would be Acerbi and Bastoni. I don?t think Atalanta have any Italian CB other than Caldara who is out of picture for national team anyway.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
till yesterday? :eek:
his best performances ware under gattuso or miha when as a team we played defensive football. other than that he never looked good (like reliable).

what make think - how many italian cbs are a starters in ucl playing teams by last 3-4 years except 3 grandpas from juve??
acerbi and ... ? do i miss anyone from juve, napoli, lazio, roma, inter... atalanta?

Lol he was great with Montella too.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
To be fair, he was playing in a defensive line the operates closer to goal with those coaches. Which plays to his game (aerial ability). The problem is that lately, he hasn't been doing that very well either. The Genial game is an example, he normally marks closer inside the penalty area.

With that said, I am sure he will come good.. we know he has the talent and some thing sometime require adaption time. And players are human, they can drop form.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Very good, solid, performance today bar that last-ditch tackle for the FK that circus clown Berardi scored. But, he was left in a bad spot by Krunic and Kalulu so not entirely his fault, as Sassuolo would be through on goal otherwise. Unlucky deflection from Hauge also for the goal going in.

Hope he keeps it up.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Agree. Did well, especially playing alongside a rookie

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Played very well tonight. He's back.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good game by Our Ale! :love:

Grande capitano - https://twitter.com/MilanEye/status/1341873675440709633

9f1f05dff31e1495b63fc63e2549b6d1dfeb84e7.jpg

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
No one has defended him more than me. But you cant be captain and be beaten this many times.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
And to think that this cunt is demanding a raise, on his already high salary, from a club which is in a financially bad spot and more so in these COVID times...

I would demand to sell this fraud but he is on his last year and no one would pay much for him when they know that they can get him for free in 5 months...

Off-load his wage and get a CB that is fit for a top 4 team, not one who is having a hard time beating even the Lapadulas and Saus of Serie B.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hate to say i told so long time ago, but i told you so long time ago and you guys are so blinded to see it.

I would sell even for free, he is currently our worst defender and im including mussa and durate here, he is our bonucci , however bonucci is old and will not last for long, this guy unfortunetely still in his 20's , i really hope pioli have balls to bench him and i wish he demand a big raise where maldini tell him fuck off

Last edited:

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are top and our captain is getting shit ffs

Only cb who has been better than him in the whole league is kjaer

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
My biggest issue with Romagnoli isn't his current bad form, because that's what it is. Bad form.

My issue is the lack of growth as a player. He should be nearing his peak but it feels like he's still the 20 year old we brought in.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Been saying that he need to go long time ,I'm not even mad anymore. We got rid of Suso and we started to breathe. Next is Romagnoli to go.

Kalulu has shown class, Gabbia has world class potential. And if Simakan arrives ,bye bye Roma.Milan will not be your retirement plan Alessio.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he should really learn how to physically challenge opponents when one on one. he just stands there and that too few steps away giving all the space to attackers. it would be acceptable if he was a full back as attackers only have two choices against them. which means fb's can wait for attackers to make first move and then go for challenge. but as a cb you have to be proactive.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
imagine he would just put his hand on dybala or grab his shirt to not allow him to spin around/ make his life harder by keeping him off balance
but no - he left line of defense and create wide open space and do as much as air did vs dybala.
sorry but its same mistakes over and over again (slow, not aggressive, allow player to run by him, etc.)

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
What?!
I thought it was his last...
Well then, SELL!

giphy.gif

I want to laugh but...
Grande Capitano :fp:

Man.. look at thoses spaces we leave on the defensive field..

Can you guys really put the blame entirely on Romagnoli?? He has the same level as Kaladze with a bad knee... but this is not his fault(should be better fit, i gotta say).

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Can you guys really put the blame entirely on Romagnoli?? He has the same level as Kaladze with a bad knee... but this is not his fault(should be better fit, i gotta say).

They have everything covered until he jumps in recklessly opening the space for Chiesa...

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

we got your point from other thread - and i even agree with you about some of it - but management said they want milan to play interesting modern, pressing and offensive football, so a lot of space in defense is normal.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
My biggest issue with Romagnoli isn't his current bad form, because that's what it is. Bad form.

My issue is the lack of growth as a player. He should be nearing his peak but it feels like he's still the 20 year old we brought in.

A 20 year old trapped in the body of a 40 year old

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score

Its not fair to blame Romagnoli. Okay he hasn't been a hero recently, but its not like he has never been a good defender and I don't think he will become a bad one either.

People like to point the finger on one or two guys, just to relax their demanding ego.

We are in an emergency situation, injuries, covid, and fatigue means that we are running on low gas and our options are limited.

He has returned from a long layoff and he is asked to play high intensity matches and in a style that neither he nor the teams wants to play.

He was doing great when the team was healthy at the end of last season. We know Romagnoli can play on par with the rest of our starters, and as a matter of fact for the most part he has been a good captain.

Give the guy a break and stop looking for a scapegoat and never forget the odd situation we find ourselves in.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What?!
I thought it was his last...
Well then, SELL!

giphy.gif

I want to laugh but...
Grande Capitano :fp:

??

the amount of space left by our midfield here is concerning

romagnoli is not a speed demon and he had chiesa running at him full speed w the ball (his best quality) and got beaten

i honestly dont get most of the hate... sure he hasnt played perfectly and maybe doesnt fit the high press line w his characteristics but romagnoli is not a bad player at all

we'll see if simakan joins what that would mean for ale. i personally wouldnt give up yet would be dumb

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
If Romag was 20 years old, on 1.5M salary, new to this team, wasn't a Raiola client (bound to ask for a raise on his already ridiculous wage next year) and didn't have the privileges of the captains arm band (untouchable among Milanisti, leverage in renewals), I would support him despite his errors, just like I do with Kalulu and Gabbia.

All of that is just too much for me to accept these average/mediocre displays.

Chiesa runs past him as if Romag was a cone and this was at Milanello...

A great (3.5M) CB would have read Chiesa, dispossessed him by intercepting or tackling him.

A good/average/mediocre/smart CB would just block Chiesa's way so that he crashes into the CB, which is better than to let Chiesa have a clear shot on target.

He is the weakest link in the defense and he is, by far, the highest paid defender in that department. How this isn't infuriating anyone is beyond me.

Last edited:

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Romagnoli is good in passing and positioning but weak in tackling, speed and aggressiveness He also has a hard time against physical striker and his heading is also mediocre.

He has stop improving a few season ago and i am fine to let him go if we have a good offer.