Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
is he really that good?

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Are the pitches in Brazil much wider than in Europe or is that just me?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe people said this guy is the new robinho, he completely shits on him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
he needs to join Milan asap.

if he joins barca, G fucking G, messi + neymar in the same team :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I can't believe people said this guy is the new robinho, he completely shits on him.

He probably is better prospect than binho... but robinho shit all over brazil league in his own right, so it's hard to gauge.

He's certainly a stronger finisher... more of a pure forward.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has more to his game than Robinho did at the same age. The new Robinho comparison are way off.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
probably a better prospect? he's already 3x the player :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
probably a better prospect? he's already 3x the player :lol:

Depends on your definition of player. If scoring v. , botafogo, flamengo, plátano expreso etc. is your definition of 'x3 the player than sure.

Neymars scored 90 goals in 168 games for Santos... Robinho scored 71 over approximately the same. No count on assists, but Robinho and Neymar score almost the same in copa liberatores...

--

I don't mean to just look at numbers but reality is, the brazilian league is much different. Many more high lines to breach, easier finishing.

-

That doesn't touch on build up and other aspects. Neymar's not as consistent a passer or as good in link up.

Robinho's game is more complete. Neymar is definitely more of a pure forward.

I would swap them, immediately, but I'd also expect Neymar to struggle initially in europe and to take some time.

--

Robinho's an excellent player. Neymar's got potential to be a lot more and a balon dor player, atm.

But he's not coming... his next club is decided-

200px-Neymar_visiting_Red_Bull_Arena_%28cropped%29.jpg

MLS bitchez :o

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
is he really that good?

he is improving.. he dont dive anymore like he used to.. with this his game improved alot.

Are the pitches in Brazil much wider than in Europe or is that just me?

maracana used to be bigger and ilha do retiro still is.. the rest is on fifa rules.. 105/68m.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Actually Neymar's passing game is very advanced. Not as good as Robinho now, but miles better at the same age. Not to mention his shooting and leadership quality which is on another level. He will be much better than Robinho, because he's got the determination and willpower. He is on his way to becoming the best player in the world.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Senatore, Neymar is not a pure forward and he moves better than Robinho out of the box, have a more objective and offensive dribble and strikes better too.

Still, I don't think that he worth the money Santos is asking for him and if I owned a big club, he would never be on my list.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Senatore, Neymar is not a pure forward and he moves better than Robinho out of the box, have a more objective and offensive dribble and strikes better too.

Still, I don't think that he worth the money Santos is asking for him and if I owned a big club, he would never be on my list.

i agree.. he is way to expensive.. would never be on list too.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't touch on build up and other aspects. Neymar's not as consistent a passer or as good in link up.

Robinho's game is more complete. Neymar is definitely more of a pure forward.

you need to start watching neymar.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

It's already a cliche comparing him to Robinho. They actually have some things in common, but only unimportant ones. Both came from Santos's youth ranks, both are forwards, both are those flair players. And it ends like that. They're completely different. Even though Neymar still does some unecessary tricks, the best of his game comes from very direct football. He can score a goal out of nothing with a simple dribble and a placed shot. I think he'll become a deadly player when he matures enough to make the best decisions.

I think he'll become a hige name in football. I already rate him higher than any of our strikers bar Zlatan. And I'd put my money he'll be better than Ibrahimovic, unless he has problems with injuries, which looks very unlikely. He's been playing very often for two, three years.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
It's already a cliche comparing him to Robinho. They actually have some things in common, but only unimportant ones. Both came from Santos's youth ranks, both are forwards, both are those flair players. And it ends like that. They're completely different. Even though Neymar still does some unecessary tricks, the best of his game comes from very direct football. He can score a goal out of nothing with a simple dribble and a placed shot. I think he'll become a deadly player when he matures enough to make the best decisions.

I think he'll become a hige name in football. I already rate him higher than any of our strikers bar Zlatan. And I'd put my money he'll be better than Ibrahimovic, unless he has problems with injuries, which looks very unlikely. He's been playing very often for two, three years.

:thumbsup: agreed

his dribbling is amazing, reminds me of a young ronaldinho(dribbling)

I wish Milan would sign him, cash + robinho would be great.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Neymar is also as phisically weak as Robinho and, as you stated, does lots of firula. They're have a very similar football but Neymar is better, mostly because of his striking skills.

Even if I owned a team like City, Chelsea, Real, Barcelona or PSG, I'd never buy him.

These players always pops up in Brazil with amazing plays, beautiful goals, beautiful dribbles and then they just end up sucking a lot. They're always very shallow and just can't stand getting hardly marked. I think that when time tells them that their firula isn't working anymore, they just give up.

I don't really trust him. For me, he's a twat.

People talk about Neymar as if he were the future of Brazil, like he were the next one after Pelé, Zico, Careca, Romário and Romário.

Just a fucking twat! Brazil is sucking with him and if seleção wins the World Cup with him, then it means that the football funeral in 2010, owned by Spain, is still smelling really hard.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Incredible :proud:

although I think Ronaldinho did that trick a while ago.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Already a Barca player.
Dive - check.
Role on the floor - check.
Ref cheat in his favor - check.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Already a Barca player.
Dive - check.
Role on the floor - check.
Ref cheat in his favor - check.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar isn't a tiki taka player. Hes not a pass-and-move player. Hes a soloist who needs to express himself through runs with the ball and tricks. I don't see why people see him at Barca, especially with Messi around hogging up the entire place. He just doesn't fit their system imo.

Neymar shouldn't play second fiddle to Messi. If he wants to become the best player in the world, he should come to Madrid and challenge Messi from there. I see him as Cristiano Ronaldo's natural successor, but where CR has failed Neymar will succeed because he has more developed brain and Robinhoesque team skill.

Schedule