The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will be the winner of Golden Ball this Year ?
Kaka' 28 40.58%
Andrea Pirlo 3 4.35%
Leo Messi 12 17.39%
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 0 0%
Francesco Totti 1 1.45%
Ronaldinho 3 4.35%
Luca Toni 1 1.45%
Frank Ribery 0 0%
Riquelme 0 0%
Francesc Fabregas 1 1.45%
Gigi Buffon 0 0%
Cristiano Ronaldo 9 13.04%
Didier Drogba 0 0%
Steven Gerard 0 0%
Genaro Gattuso 2 2.90%
Wayne Rooney 0 0%
Paul Scholes 2 2.90%
Ruud van Nistelrooy 0 0%
David Villa 1 1.45%
Paolo Maldini 2 2.90%
Deco 0 0%
Thierry Henry 0 0%
Diego 0 0%
Ricardo Quaresma 1 1.45%
Clarence Seedorf 2 2.90%
Miroslav Klose 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2009, 01:26   #201
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
I did, the USA - Germany 2002 WC quarterfinal game, we had many great scoring chances against Germany and Kahn stopped them all. Rudi Voeller himself said that Kahn saved them that night. He was amazing in that game.
I don't have it clear cause that WC was full of errors to make it the dream final with the dream ref, and keeping Korea as long as possible playing in Korea, but wasn't there a huge mistake against you guys that also saved them too?
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:31   #202
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo9 View Post
Rubbish. Every keeper makes mistakes.
thats you're opinion. He gets lucky a lot cause he goes out of position A LOT. That is not really disputeable, thats knowing goalkeeping. A good keeper knows how to run the box, half the time he can't handle a cross properly. He gambles alot, he's just RISKY.

Look at cesar, buffon you never see them out of position....They may be a second late occasionally but there intelligence understanding of the position is second to none... when have you ever seen either charge balls incorrectly or mishandle crosses?

yeah on reflex saves Casillas is wonderful but I could care less, his positioning is less than average. BTW I find it funny you say that madrid defense when you often say sergio ramos and pepe are world class. Playing both sides aren't we?

I've never been a fan of his style, always found him a gigantic risk in the back because of how much he gambles and goes out of position.

edit: infact how could i forget... confed cup vs. usa.... 2nd goal

what the hell was that? Classic Casillas, can't make decision and kinda flops instead of holding his ground of fully charging that cross...

Last edited by Senatore_M84; 02-12-2009 at 01:33.
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:33   #203
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
I don't have it clear cause that WC was full of errors to make it the dream final with the dream ref, and keeping Korea as long as possible playing in Korea, but wasn't there a huge mistake against you guys that also saved them too?
Yeah, a Greg Berhalter shot was partially blocked by Kahn, then Frings I believe got his hand on it and kept it from going in. The ref, Hugh Dallas (Scotland) ruled it unintentional and I remember the guys not protesting too much about it. Me on the other hand was screaming at the tv, calling Dallas every name I could think of, because if we had scored, it would have tied the game at one. Instead, we ended up losing 1-0 on a Ballack goal.

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:36   #204
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

As i recall... Friedel was awesome in 2002 v. Germany (or was it v. Mexico)

Brad Friedel... now theres a class keeper. Keller, Friedel, Howard.... It's the only position US makes world class
Old 02-12-2009, 01:40   #205
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Kahn is possibly the greatest player I've ever seen in the flesh, and manutd_fan is a great big bag of bias.

Quote:
calling Dallas every name I could think of

I know the feeling. Filthy, cheating masonic cockend.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:45   #206
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
As i recall... Friedel was awesome in 2002 v. Germany (or was it v. Mexico)

Brad Friedel... now theres a class keeper. Keller, Friedel, Howard.... It's the only position US makes world class
It was Mexico, Friedel was in that game what Kahn was against us. That was a sweet sweet win; shutting them out made it even sweeter.

Yeah, too bad we can't develop the other positions the way we do gks.

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:46   #207
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Like everything that is wrong with the world...it had to be a scot ...wait no, I actually love scots .

Quote:

We apparently suffer from that too.

Ok, turning in topic, not a surprise about the Ballon d'Or, it was kind of a written law some years ago that Kaka, C.Ron and Messi would've win it.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:46   #208
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
It was Mexico, Friedel was in that game what Kahn was against us. That was a sweet sweet win; shutting them out made it even sweeter.

eric wynalda has an interesting theory for that.... he says its only position the youth level coaches don't mess with. all the others, they always shift them positions 'attacker to defender' left to right, game to game to make them 'all around' yet none of them every become really great at any one thing
Old 02-12-2009, 01:47   #209
Madridista
Disco

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
thats you're opinion. He gets lucky a lot cause he goes out of position A LOT.

what the hell was that? Classic Casillas, can't make decision and kinda flops instead of holding his ground of fully charging that cross...
whatever... He's been playing with duds like Pavon and Raul Bravo for most of his career and made a living out of saving their pathetic asses. Right now Pepe and Ramos are worldclass but Albiol is still fitting in even though he's good but the left side is a disaster and has been leaking goals left and right.

As for that goal, watch closer as there are two defenders (Pique and Ramos) that are much more to blame than him, and him going for the ball was absolutely correct if Pique didnt deflect it like a moron.

btw downplaying his shot stopping reflexes is plain stupid, like saying so what if a striker scores loads of goals. As a shot stopper he is the best, he is a bit worse in the other stuff so thats why he isn't undisputed best, but top three certainly and class above that buffoon Valdes.

Signature

#ForeverMario

Last edited by Madridista; 02-12-2009 at 01:49.
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:50   #210
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

poor guy :/

dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:00   #211
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Like everything that is wrong with the world...it had to be a scot ...wait no, I actually love scots .

I should've been expecting that - must be at least a week since you brought up the greatest moment in the history of your country.

Look at Dave McPherson of Rangers, Hearts and general bastard fame switching off to leave Aberdeen's hometown hero McKimmie 2-on-1 at the back post. Tosser.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:05   #212
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo9 View Post
Pepe and Ramos are worldclass

Bollocks. Large ones.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:12   #213
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
I should've been expecting that - must be at least a week since you brought up the greatest moment in the history of your country.

Look at Dave McPherson of Rangers, Hearts and general bastard fame switching off to leave Aberdeen's hometown hero McKimmie 2-on-1 at the back post. Tosser.
Actually, the greatest moment in the history of my country was the first time someone stole a cow and put it in a taxi, but that's close.

The guy that made a back heel pass was my second favorite player.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:21   #214
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Actually, the greatest moment in the history of my country was the first time someone stole a cow and put it in a taxi, but that's close.

MDR!

What a country. That quote may come to rival Milano84's basketball coaching.

Last edited by Calum1903; 02-12-2009 at 02:23.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:25   #215
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Casillas is error prone, but to be honest, so are Reina, Van Der Saar and Valdes. I think he's made his fair share of amazing saves to be in the top 5 of the best keepers. I don't agree that he's just a shot stopper though, he's very secure on crosses aswell, unlike someone like Valdes or Dida in his best days, which is what puts him above them. But I think it's obvious that he doesn't have anything on Buffon and maybe even Cesar. I can't remember seeing Buffon make any blunders, plus the fact that he's there when it really matters (Remember 2003 vs us?).

I think you could also make a case for Frey to be in the top 5 as well. I don't think there's many keepers in better form than him at the moment. Same can be said about Lloris, although I'll admit, I've mostly seen him in the Champions League.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:10   #216
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Milan Congratulate Lionel Messi After Ballon D'Or Win
The Rossoneri have sent warm wishes to Messi after he won the Ballon d'Or...

Dec 1, 2009 11:20:44 AM

Milan have sent their congratulations to Barcelona ace Lionel Messi after he scooped the 2009 Ballon d'Or award.

Messi won 473 votes out of 480 to win the coveted award from France Football. Milan have enjoyed their fare share of success in the award over the years and they have sent a warm message to Messi via their official website.

A statement from Milan reads:

"Immediate warm and heart felt congratulations from Milan to Lionel Messi. Milan have had such success of major trophies that we cannot help but appreciate those who win major titles and individual honours. It's a common thing among big clubs to congratulate each othe
r.

"In 2008 Manchester United players made some nice comments about Milan after they won the ChampionsLeague in Moscow.

"In 2009 Barcelona made some nice statements about Paolo Maldini after they won the Champions League in Rome. Therefore our appreciation in relation to big winners is a natural one."

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

----

Just gonna say, classy move (despite berlusconi's desire to remind everyone milan=champion.)
Old 02-12-2009, 06:23   #217
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: I lost the list.

This feels as empty as Obama winning the nobel, for some reason.
ezekiel2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:39   #218
adriancg
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

There was hardly any excitement for the Ballon D'Or this season because everyone and their mother already knew who was going to win it.

Signature
adriancg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:49   #219
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

Congrats for Messi.
He will be the first Argentinian who won Ballon d'Or. Before him there were Alberto di Stefano and Omar Sivori who was Argentinian but when they won the award they already became Spanish and Italian. Btw.. the margin between Messi's point and Ronaldo's was the biggest in the history of this award.. Nice

Signature
Life Goes On
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:54   #220
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriancg View Post
There was hardly any excitement for the Ballon D'Or this season because everyone and their mother already knew who was going to win it.
I feel like it's been that way for a while. Can't remember last time i was surprised...

Maybe when nedved won in 2003?