Starting Eleven
Reaction score
IwiSkDK.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/3PHzwK2.gif

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
I must admit I was wrong about Hakan’s potential. Didn’t think he was capable of playing at the level he is showing now nor that he could pull off the CAM role either and I will gladly eat humble pie. Well done Hakan !

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I've always said to play Hakan as CAM (I have the same opinion about Paqueta) but what made the biggest difference is Ibra. Ibra has presence, he pulls defenders, he demands the opponents to pay attention to him thus giving Hakan space. Additionally and more importantly, he has given this whole team confidence, and a few players in particular have been more affected, Hakan being one of them. IMO Hakan won't keep these levels up, but he's definitely earned a starting spot in this team. Before this there were a lot of calls to sell him and get a different CAM like Castrovilli and at the time I would have supported this, but now I'd say sell Paq and get Castrovilli or Chiesa instead as Hakan seems to be easily out-competing Paqueta for the starting spot, night and day.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Rui costa 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
extend his contract, he's only going to get better

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In that new role he has to play less defense and cover a smaller area of the pitch. He gets the ball more central and closer to the goal.

He was always very skilled but it's one thing to take a decisive pass or shot after spending your energy in midfield battles and chasing the opposite midfield runner up and down the field and doing it focusing your energy mostly in the attacking phase. You'll produce a lot more, be more accurate, make better decisions...
It's no magic that he now gets mostly right the sort of pass or shot he so frequently missplaced playing as a mezzala 7 months ago. It also helps that there's much better movement around him and, of course, Ibra as a focal point make players around him better (though Hakan produced without him too).

For the team it's really all a balancing act. Our wingers now cover more ground to give him more freedom to produce further up in the field.

So much so that Pioli should even consider to ask Maldini for one tactical choice for the RW. Saelemakers is not particularly skilled with the ball and doesn't have much of a final product but he covers a lot of ground, he fights for every ball and he makes the team a bit of a loopsided 4411. This gives a lot of freedom to Hakan and that choice is really paying off in this system.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan attacking midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu has vowed to ‘pick up where we left off’ after resuming training this week.

The Turkey international had his best season since joining Milan in 2017, as he contributed nine goals and nine assists in 35 League matches, helping the Rossoneri to sixth in Serie A.

“I want to continue playing like this,” he told Milan TV. “Yesterday we had a great training and we want to pick up where we left off.”

The former Bayer Leverkusen star was voted the MVP of July at Milan but praised his teammates for helping him perform at his best: “It’s everyone’s credit.”

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibra will continue to motivate Hakan. I expect same form like how he ended last season.
Great player I hope he extend his contract.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan attacking midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu has vowed to ?pick up where we left off? after resuming training this week.

The Turkey international had his best season since joining Milan in 2017, as he contributed nine goals and nine assists in 35 League matches, helping the Rossoneri to sixth in Serie A.

?I want to continue playing like this,? he told Milan TV. ?Yesterday we had a great training and we want to pick up where we left off.?

The former Bayer Leverkusen star was voted the MVP of July at Milan but praised his teammates for helping him perform at his best: ?It?s everyone?s credit.?

You better do Hakan

If he has a season on par with his post COVID form I think it?s safe to say he would have reached his Leverkusen potential

People have bad memories associated with him but I think everyone should appreciate just how well he?s played end of this season - his game was really complete for a 10

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
If I had to pick one I'd say he's the player who's growing the most. He must continue and mature this way and build himself an absolute desire to be a fundamental piece right in the heart of the team.

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I bet Ibra has given him some new perspective on confidence

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's playing how I expected him to play when we signed him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Either him or Kessie was our best player last night.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hi new name is:

Paranormal Activity Calhanoglu...!

Schedule