The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Aus on their way to becoming the Brazil of Cricket.... 5 times champions.... the yellow kit is beginning to make sense :lol:

Too bad NZ kinda flopped. 3 wickets lost in the first over of the power play overs.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Corey andwrson hahahaha. Knew he was fodder. I am always right.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great start from NZ

Bowling at the stumps might be an option they should try out abit more.

Last edited:

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Meh, Finchy is fodder. Need to get these two asap.

Yes Finch is fodder. The only reason he is still there because all the negative focus was on Watson. Finch has proven to be a good T20 player and that's it so far.

Sorry, CWC is fodder anyway. It's always between India and Australia. Pakistain ( if they can be bothered which 9/10 they can't) and South Africa. NZ, pfft first game out of NZ and they sucked....surprise , surprise. England are good Test nation but have been woeful at CWC for decades and Sri Lanka are hit and miss. Other then that it's just fodder and minnows.

I'd probably have heart failure if neither India nor Australia are not winning the next 5 CWC .

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Sachin pffffff. Ponting >> sachin and there should be no doubt about it.

dan11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De scilgio, El Shaarawy, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Barasei, MVB,Rijkaard
Congrats swag

lol at swag at ur sachin comment
SACHIN IS GOD OF CRICKET........

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sachin pffffff. Ponting >> sachin and there should be no doubt about it.

:thumbsup:

Folks forget how poor sachin was as a captain.

However my favourite Tendulkar innings was in the late 90's in Sharjah... India had to win to make it to the final... he goes and smacks a century... the final was on his birthday and he smacks another century. In one of those games... Warney was bowling and out of Nowhere Sachin smack him for a few sixes and Tony Greig in commentarys like "AND SACHIN HAS GONE CRAZY HERE" lol.

dan11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De scilgio, El Shaarawy, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Barasei, MVB,Rijkaard
Every person isnot a captain material ,same with sachin.. BUt guy was exemplary both on and off field throughout his career.
I dont even Know Why are u guys comparing Sachin to a complete classless prick. At least pick someone talented.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The punter is talented though and he is a big game player. Sachin never performed as well as ponting in important games. India's greatest and probably a top 3 greatest test batsman of all time is dravid not tendulkar. As for odi's, i still rate kalis, ponting, sangakarra above tendulkar.

Last edited:

dan11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The punter is talented though and game is a big game player. Sachin never performed as well as ponting in important games. India's greatest and probably a top 3 greatest test batsman of all time is dravid not tendulkar. As for odi's, i still rate kalis, ponting, sangakarra above tendulkar.

Cricket isnt tennis . Even thjough team work is minimum as compared to football, Cricket still requires teamwork. It is not his fault , we used to giveup on mattches as soon as sachin was out. U need other players to step up too.

Look he did his work in 5 wc , we only wwon 1 bcoz that was only time His teammate clicked . HE also carried 1billion pepoles expectation for 17yrs n excelled in it. Something both Kallis n Sangakkara cant imagine.

I cud understand someone comparing Pointing to Sachin due to pointing's TRophy cabinet . BUt sangakkara or Kallis lmao .
pretty weak players.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sangakarra played for a weak team throughout his career. Look at his career average in both test and odi formats, its higher than tendulkar. Had sanga played for a better team, he would have won a wc for sure. Agreed, sachin is a great player, no question about it but he did choke when it mattered in the wc, particularly during the 1996-2007 period. It was shewag who was incredibly destructive and wrought havoc Upon top teams in the wc. Kalis is an all time great, i think that notion is quite incontrovertible. In tests i would put him above tedulkar however in odi's, sachin is clearly better than kazza. Although, as an all rounder, there is no match for kalis.

dan11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sangakarra played for a weak team throughout his career. Look at his career average in both test and odi formats, its higher than tendulkar. Had sanga played for a better team, he would have won a wc for sure. Agreed, sachin is a great player, no question about it but he did choke when it mattered in the wc, particularly during the 1996-2007 period. It was shewag who was incredibly destructive and wrought havoc Upon top teams in the wc. Kalis is an all time great, i think that notion is quite incontrovertible. In tests i would put him above tedulkar however in odi's, sachin is clearly better than kazza. Although, as an all rounder, there is no match for kalis.

Sehwag,sehwag . yeah he was great opener and nothing more . Dude was a pinch hitter of Indian odi team.
Indian team was always built around sachim just like Messi. HE was great in every pos from 1 , 2 -5 down and great as opener.
Its not so simple by looking in avg u know . he used to dominate each and every team and pitch .

N after everything Sachin was a competitor and consistent batsman .IF he made a 100 , we still lost bcoz our batsman and bowlers neer complented him .

Look at this way , IF sachin played for aus and POinting played for India , to whom wud u rate higher.

Pointing is good but his team supported and elevated his status while Sachin was brought down by his teammates .

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maybe you are right. Had ponting played for india, we dont if he would have been as effective as tendulkar. I dont think sachin was brought down by his teammates post 2000. India had like the best batting lineup for almost a decade. Yet sachin never stepped up when it mattered in the world cup unlike his contemporaries.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Fuck Tendulkar in the arse! No contest... Mr. Anwar all day long.

Saeed Anwar
Mohd Yousuf
Inzamam
Saleem Malik
Javed Miandad
Imran Khan (C)
Abdul Razzaq (W)
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Shoaib Akhtar
Saqlain Mushtaq

I want to be the official spokesperson of this team.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ Thats a great team. One of the greatest ever. I cant find a single weak link in that team. Same goes for our current aussie side. We have 4 all rounders ffs. Its ridiculous
Our depth is insane. In fact this team would beat ponting's prime aussie side as well.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Same goes for our current aussie side.

LOL! I say this with love coz yr a safe guy, but I say this with no respect wotsoever: STFU... one with Warne, Mcgrath, Hayden, Steve Waugh, Lee, Bevan, Gilchrist

That team was sick.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No dude. They dint have as many all many all rounders as we do now. Our depth in bowling is insane. People alwaya overrate the past. I have seen both teams, believe me, this current side is much superior in every facet of the game.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Fuck Tendulkar in the arse! No contest... Mr. Anwar all day long.

Saeed Anwar
Mohd Yousuf
Inzamam
Saleem Malik
Javed Miandad
Imran Khan (C)
Abdul Razzaq (W)
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Shoaib Akhtar
Saqlain Mushtaq

I want to be the official spokesperson of this team.
Why is Abdul Razzaq at wicket keeper lol? Need Moin Khan with his "shaba shaba boys!" to keep the bowling motivated. :D

Also need to fit in Boom Boom somewhere just for the shits of getting bowled out by DAT PACE and then getting mauled by Afridi.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Aussie Aussie Aussie!!

Well done, Swagger. Clarke gets a deserving send-off.

necro you jinxing FUCK :fp:

:D Even I dont know which way I was jinxing actually.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mustafa Kamal quits as ICC president after World Cup snub

Mustafa Kamal has resigned as president of the International Cricket Council.

Kamal said his decision came after the ICC replaced him as the award-giver at Sunday's World Cup final in Melbourne.

Instead, the winners' trophy was given to Australia by Indian ICC chairman Narayanaswami Srinivasan.

Kamal, a Bangladesh national, had previously criticised the umpiring at the competition after his country's quarter-final defeat by India.

He said Bangladesh's 109-run loss appeared to have been "pre-arranged" and there was "no quality in the umpiring" - a claim denied by the ICC.

"The main reason for my resignation is that I can't work with those who can act unconstitutionally and unlawfully," Kamal said on Wednesday.

"These type of people should be away from cricket, otherwise cricket will be spoilt, cricket will not move forward.

"I'm sure people will find out why I have resigned and they will unearth the truth - who are these people, what are they doing, and how they are running ICC."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/32144906

Schedule