Week 33: Parma vs Milan 20/04/2019 12:30 CET

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Those match threads start much earlier after we win

Our first visit to the Tardini since 2014 (4-5 game, with Menez back heel and De Sciglio OG)

A win in this one would put us in a good spot regarding the Champions League race.

Forza Milan!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I'm glad Parma are above the relegation zone, always had a soft spot for them.

That being said, i hope we obliterate them.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Lets hope the team is awake in time for the game.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Parma is the worst kind of team we can face based on the way they play (regardless of their quality). We like teams that press us and leave space for our midfielders between the lines. Parma have a very deep block and just invite pressure because their counterattacks are extremely fast and direct. We have been very weak at preventing counters after our set pieces. We have to keep an eye out for those. Obviously Gervinho is their main threat.

We need to be patient and not over-commit players, especially on set pieces.

In the Lazio game I said that we need to be careful about the overloads on Lazio's left side, and they really threatened us there in the first half. Once Correa left they stopped that move and we controlled the game. We also stopped Sergej from transitioning the play forward too often and that slowed them down. This time we only really need to worry about Gervinho running at us at pace after a quick break. Maybe Laxalt is a better option than Rodriguez to avoid this, and i'm guessing Conti will play also if Calabria is still hurt. We have three games in a week and maybe Gattuso will want to rotate, but maybe he'll do that for the Lazio game? I think he'd like to keep the same 11 that played them on Saturday, so Conti and Laxalt, and maybe Castillejo will play against Parma. I don't know.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Gigio is back for the game, and Romagnoli and Calabria will be available too.

Potentially also Paqueta'.

I'd like to see Rino stick with the formation we ended the Lazio game with although I think it's unlikely.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
We have three games in a week and maybe Gattuso will want to rotate, but maybe he'll do that for the Lazio game? I think he'd like to keep the same 11 that played them on Saturday, so Conti and Laxalt, and maybe Castillejo will play against Parma. I don't know.

Yes, or maybe start with the formation we ended the Lazio game with when we play them again.

On the other hand, 4th place has to be 100% priority and making any decision that risks the Serie A results in favour of the Coppa would be pretty crazy and could cost him his job and the club a great deal.

Agree with you on the need for speed in defence.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
i think we looked better than lazio in 2nd half because they have no stamina to chase the ball like in 1st half and coach just called for draw...

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very important round, as our closest competitors are playing difficult away games. Inter-Roma, Napoli-Atalanta.
If we can win here, i don't care how (dirtiest 95.min goal ever witnessed would be good enough), we could potentially extend the lead, as both Roma and Atalanta are likey to lose some points here

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
why is this played on a Saturday morning instead of Sunday?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Yea sure. Lets ditch our formation week 33 cz nebra is feeling coachy

We had success whenever we changed to what we played in the last 20 vs Lazio. Why wouldn't we change it?

It's not like the current one has brought great consistency. A major part of the reason we are 4th is due to other teams being more inconsistent than us.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I'll take a draw seeing as its being played in the morning.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
You can commode sure. And discuss formations. But we just arent gonna change from 433. Maybe mid game but nothing too drastic

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Gervinho v Calabria is something that i absolutely do not look forward to

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think we looked better than lazio in 2nd half because they have no stamina to chase the ball like in 1st half and coach just called for draw...

I think it was mostly because Correa left.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gervinho v Calabria is something that i absolutely do not look forward to

I'm really hoping he'll take it easy Saturday because of his buddies Kessie and Bakayoko. Gervinho is the worst type of player against this Milan. We can't deal with direct balls into space. It's ridiculous how bad we are in this...

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Current Gervinho ain't gonna do shit

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
All i know is kucka will 100% not let Milan lose. This guy loved the club and fans loved him some still do

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If we get 6 points against Parma and Torino, we would be 80% qualified for Champions League

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Parma has been pretty tragic lately. Not at all consistent in 2019 and not playing with the same attacking intent that they did in the first part of the season. Gervinho and Inglese have both been shadows of their early season selves.

So in many ways I see this as our easiest game among the next 6 barring the Frosinone home match. 3 points absolute necessity in this one.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Why is kick off so early? What’s wrong with Saturday night?!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Why is kick off so early? What’s wrong with Saturday night?!

It's the Easter weekend. Game times are always ludicrous. We had the derby at this time on Saturday remember, with Zapata's stretch goal

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
So hyped for this one :c: 3 points with a suso banger