Midfield: Gattuso, Seedorf, Emerson, Brocchi

Strikers: Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Borriello, Paloschi

Out:

Loan: Digao, Gourcuff, Aubemayang

Sell: Simic, Dida, Gilardino

Retire: Maldini, Cafu, Serginho, Ba, Fiori

Overview:

In: Borriello, Drogba, Bazagli, Zambrotta, Frey, Flamini, Offredi

Out: Digao, Gourcuff, Aubemayang, Simic, Dida, Maldini, Cafu, Serginho, Ba, Fiori, Gilardino

Total Players: 26

Opinion:

Gives us a much more reliable goalkeeper, more depth in defence and introduction of more youth. Reinforcement in midfield and getting rid of players we don't need anymore. Also, our attack will strengthen because of a "powerful" , "in the box" player which would allow us to have more options. Also, more depth in attack, and less rubbish :). Also, shouldn't be too expensive... hopefully not anyway...7 signings which are quite possible / affordable.

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
im gonna use maldini92's method

First Team

depends on the opponent!

Squad:

Goalkeeper: Kalac, Abbiatti, Offredi (3)

Defence: Nesta, Kaladze, Zambrotta, Oddo, Gamberini/Ferrari, Darmian, Jankulovski, Favalli, Bonera (9)

Midfield: Gattuso, Seedorf, Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Brocchi (8)

Strikers: Pato, Inzaghi, Shevchenko/M. Gomez/Borriello, Paloschi (4)

In:

Abbiatti, Offredi (GK); Gamberini/Ferrari, Zambrotta (DF); Flamini, Ronaldinho (MF); Shevchenko/M. Gomez/ Borriello (FW).

Out:

Loan: Digao, Gourcuff*, Aubemayang

Sell: Simic, Dida, Gilardino, Emerson, Gourcuff*

Retire: Maldini, Cafu, Serginho, Ba, Fiori, Ronaldo

Overview:

In: Shevchenko/M. Gomez/Borriello, Ronaldinho, Gamberini/Ferrari, Zambrotta, Flamini, Offredi, Abbiatti (7)

Out: Digao, Gourcuff, Aubemayang, Simic, Dida, Maldini, Cafu, Serginho, Ba, Fiori, Gilardino, Emerson, Ronaldo (13)

Total Players: 24

Opinion:

I have trust in Kalac in goal as I still didnt see him perform badly since he took over the role, I dont mind if we sign someone like Frey but I wouldnt mind giving Abbiatti another chance at goal too. In defence, I think Gamberini has the potential to become a great defender and he is not as well known as someone like Mexes or Barzagli who would demand an instant starting spot once they come so id rather stick with kaladze next to nesta and gamberini can compete for a spot, Zambrotta is a must to improve our full backs. In midfield, Flamini would be a good purchase since he can be a guard infront of our defence which has been weakened in the last few years and hes an eventual succeessor to rino. Ronaldinho is needed because we dont really have alternatives to seedorf or kaka and you cant expect them to play every game of the season and we missed them both when they were missing, plus he makes us stronger in both xmass tree and 442 formations. In attack, i think we definatly need a guy that can head and unrest the defence with his size and I like gomez because he reminds me of Tomasson, and Shevchenko is Shevchenko he can do it all, while Borriello is a good target man but im not sure about his quick passing game which we need to improve in attack.

Last edited:

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
My prediction for next season:

Fiori
Gomes
Kalac

Bonera
Cafu
Darmian
Digao
Ferrari
Grimi
Jankulovski
Kaladze
Nesta
Oddo
Zambrotta

Ambrosini
Brocchi
Emerson
Flamini
Gattuso
Kaka
Pirlo
Seedorf

Borriello
Inzaghi
Paloschi
Pato
Ronaldinho

- Gomes has recently started a mutiny and is on his way out of PSV Eindhoven. Of all the GK's that have surfaced on this forum probably no one can be acquired as easy as Gomes. Knowing B&G you know what will happen.
- Grimi and Borriello will come back from loan.
- We'll get Ferrari and Flamini
- I don't think Ronaldinho will play for Barcelona next season like nothing happened. Ronaldinho expressed a preference for AC Milan so finally a deal will be made that includes Zambrotta as well.

Last edited:

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
fav-milan said:
According to acmilan.com from press conference, Ance said that next year Milan will put 4 youth players in the squad.Darmian is one of them but any idea about the other 3?Maybe Paloschi???
And maybe Davide Di Gennaro

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Right ... this one's long, so get a cup of Coffee or just ignore it.

Now that our transfer campaign is underway, here's the areas of the squad I feel we should improve on. But first, I'd also like to say that this is probably the most important transfer campaign for the next 3-5 years, since the core of our team will have to be revamped.

First up, its pretty obvious our goalkeeping lineup needs a complete make over. I'd like to see a minimum of two keepers brought in. We need a starter, who will be heir to Dida's number one jersey. Kalac isn't it. The top two keepers in the world don't look to be moving anytime soon, so we'd have to take a chance on consistent keepers like Frey, but please no Lehmann. A decent backup like Marseille's Landreau (sp?) or those German youngsters I talk about, could accompany either Dida or Kalac, but at least one of them will have to go. Frankly, I wouldn't mind both of them making way for some younger talents. I'm not really good at picking keepers though, so feel free to correct me or add to what I'm thinking ...
GK: A starter (like Frey), decent sub (like Landreau, Amelia, Abiatti), Dida/Kalac or young talent.

In central defense, I'd like to see either Barzagli or Mertesaker being brought in. Although the latter's been in bad form, he's very young and has shown the required qualities before, at the highest level. We need to put Kaladze under pressure, because we all know he can do better than he has this last season. I'd also like to keep Simic and Bonera because they are decent cover with a fair deal of experience already down their belts. I'd also like us to give Darmian a chance. He couldn't be worse than Digao ... If Maldini wants to continue, he's better off in the center than on the flanks as well.
CB: Nesta, Kaladze, Barzagli/Mertesaker/WC defender, Bonera, Simic, Darmian, Maldini and Digao, I guess.

Wingbacks ... I don't know why we extended Sergi's contract, and even if its already been done, I hope we get his replacement now. Same goes for Cafu and Favalli. We need dynamic players in these positions, as it will surely open up Pirlo's options. Zambrotta can give us 2-3 more seasons + is versatile. There are some big names in these positions nowadays, but I feel we should go for two or three cheaper alternatives, like Boka from the Ivory Coast who's a young LB, or how Arsenal got Sagna from nowhere. Main reason being, we need to have good depth in this area since we've been hit + found lacking in cover far too often. So, I'd rather us spend the same amount on 2 decent fullbacks, rather than 1 WC one ... since we'll already have Janku, Zambrotta and Oddo. I'd like to see us have 3 workable sets of fullbacks. Also, for some strange reason, I'm losing interest in shorter fullbacks like Alves, Evra and Lahm. While quick and versatile, the fullbacks I'm interested in should first and foremost be good defenders, which also includes being defensively good in the air, unless they are s(h)ort of like Canna :D Unlike most here, I think Sagnol is a decent RB especially for France ... but unfortunately, the wrong side of 30. You could say the same about Zambrotta, but the Italian is more experienced (Serie A) + versatile ... which is why he'd get the nod.
WB: Zambrotta, Oddo, Janku, three cheap decent Wbs (Boka, Gilberto of Angola and Al Ahly, Wome of Werder, etc.) and for namesake, Sergi and Favalli ... though we should really get rid of them.

Central Midfielders: As has been the case for A.'s teams, this still remains our strongest point. Our disappointing season is perhaps because our central midfield failed to dominate like they did in the past. Bringing Flamini in will surely increase our options, but rather than let go of Gattuso, there's Emerson and Brocchi in the ranks who should leave first. An option would be to let go of both of them + replace them with a talented youngster. I also think we should keep Gourcuff and mold him into Pirlo's eventual replacement. Bringing in another passer/constructor would surely see the end of his career here ... though if we did chose that route, there are options still out there, like Maresca. Personally, I'd like to see Gourcuff be Pirlo's sub ... and if he's still struggling to settle in, then Clarence can play this role for the necessary time required for him to adapt.
CM: Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambro, Flamini, Gourcuff/Maresca or other Pirlo-Sub, Clarence, young talent like Gourcuff/Anderson.

Moving further up the field, the big question will be whether Clarence really is worth sacrificing a second striker for. As has been agreed on before, against tougher opposition, he probably is ... but to regain the psychological advantage we previously had over the lesser Serie A clubs (like Napoli), we have got to play with two upfront, with Kaka' supporting. Its a real shame that a team like Napoli can be confident about beating us, even if they had nothing to play for while we did. Either way, we cannot rely on only Kaka' and Clarence ... with Gourcuff looking increasingly a central midfielder, particularly effective on the left. The obvious addition would be a winger, first a foremost. I think we should get two, to be honest. The first, an orthodox winger, capable of playing down the flanks + delivering a cross/pass to the middle or mazing his way through toward the middle from wide areas. Pretty much like what Sergi was for us at the turn of the decade. This winger, I feel, should be left footed + should play down the left. He doesn't need to be world class ... even a decent promising talent with PACE and CONTROL would do fine.

The second, a QUALITY attacking midfielder capable of playing in wide areas to good effect. Similar to Kaka', he should be able to either go wide, or cut in toward the middle. Now, I know Dinho's name's on everyone's lip, and I must confess that the prospect of having an in form Dinho team up with Kaka' is fascinating ... but there are some other top players out there who are in better form + will come cheaper. Top of my list remains Quaresma ... I think he will give us the pace + unpredictability we lack ... and in time, would unfortunately drop Clarence further deeper into midfield. Werder's Diego is more of a central player, but is also very capable. Hleb also has played both in wide and central areas, as has Rosicky.
AM: Kaka', Clarence, Quaresma/Hleb/Diego/Dinho, Promising Left Winger.

In attack, well, this will be Pato's first full season ... and a talent like his deserves the appropriate partnership it needs to be developed and utilized fully. If he doesn't have enough support, a bad season has the possibility of ruining him ala Gila ... so we need to have a proven goal scorer partnering him. Even if Pato doesn't score many goals, the fact that he contributed to a victory can only do well to his self confidence. Top of my list remains Eto'o despite his behavior and fitness problems. If anyone watched the Manure Semi Final, you would have noticed that he gave his all + never stopped working hard. Thats the attitude I like to see ... then you've also got the obvious talent he has in abundance. The only strikers who'd give him a run for his money would be Drogba and Toni, in my humble opinion. Both of whom are on the wrong side of 30 as well. Huntelaar's consistency should also not go unnoticed ... the kid is waiting for a bigger challenge. And who better to learn from than Pippo? Like I said earlier, I'm not too big on Berbatov, but I'd certainly take him over the likes of Amauri.
ST: Pato, Eto'o/Berbatov/Drogba or Toni as temporary soutions, Inzaghi, Huntelaar, Palo :D

I'd like us to use the 4-3-1-2 on a regular Serie A thrashing :o and the 4-3-2-1 against tougher opposition. The introduction of the wingers can also see us play a flat 4-4-2 if the need be necessary. We can change our systems during games + will have the necessary cover and depth required to win Serie A. Thats a lot of money invested, but this is the core of the team ... so, it will be worth it in the long run. Besides, we're lucky that we still have world class players like Nesta, Kaka', Pirlo, Clarence, Gattuso in our ranks ... lets give them the support they've certainly deserved. On the pitch, as well.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
madtherchot said:
Wingbacks ... I don't know why we extended Sergi's contract, and even if its already been done, I hope we get his replacement now. Same goes for Cafu and Favalli. We need dynamic players in these positions, as it will surely open up Pirlo's options. Zambrotta can give us 2-3 more seasons + is versatile. There are some big names in these positions nowadays, but I feel we should go for two or three cheaper alternatives, like Boka from the Ivory Coast who's a young LB, or how Arsenal got Sagna from nowhere. Main reason being, we need to have good depth in this area since we've been hit + found lacking in cover far too often. So, I'd rather us spend the same amount on 2 decent fullbacks, rather than 1 WC one ... since we'll already have Janku, Zambrotta and Oddo. I'd like to see us have 3 workable sets of fullbacks. Also, for some strange reason, I'm losing interest in shorter fullbacks like Alves, Evra and Lahm. While quick and versatile, the fullbacks I'm interested in should first and foremost be good defenders, which also includes being defensively good in the air, unless they are s(h)ort of like Canna :D Unlike most here, I think Sagnol is a decent RB especially for France ... but unfortunately, the wrong side of 30. You could say the same about Zambrotta, but the Italian is more experienced (Serie A) + versatile ... which is why he'd get the nod.
WB: Zambrotta, Oddo, Janku, three cheap decent Wbs (Boka, Gilberto of Angola and Al Ahly, Wome of Werder, etc.) and for namesake, Sergi and Favalli ... though we should really get rid of them.
I disagree here, I know Zambrotta can play on both sides but we will need more help than him and 3 young WBs. To be honest there must be a reason I've never heard of Boka or Gilberto (they haven't done much). I would love for us to snatch up Criscito from Genoa (partly owned by JuBe I think). Favalli can stay, but I really think time has caught up with Sergi and he should be let go. Also, I don't fully trust Janku on the left yet.

This is what I want: Zambrotta, Oddo, Criscito, Janku, Favalli, 2 young WB like Wome

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Well, who heard of Evra, Clichy, Eboue, and more recently, Sagna? I'm not saying Gilberto and Boka per say, but young talents even like the ones you mention - though I haven't seen much of Criscito (maybe in the Euro U-21?) to comment. We need energetic + dynamic fullbacks. With decent pace, good control, and good deliveries (crosses/passes). But first and foremost, they must be good defenders. And I think we should have good depth ... i.e. at least three players on either side (six in total) who can play those roles. Then we wouldn't have width deficiencies when playing the narrow game.

Bes said:
Haha Madtherchot, you are not asking that much... don't you think so?:D
Well, I was taking account the higher taxes in Italy :tongue: :rolleyes:

No, but as a long term plan, perhaps to be done in the next 2-3 transfer windows, this is doable. Does my CV get your recommendation? I plan to give Braida a 'surprise' :o :D

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GOALKEEPERS
Dida, Kalac, Fiori, Abbiati, Offredi

DEFENDERS
Cafu, Maldini, Kaladze, Nesta, Simic, Jankulovski, Favalli, Bonera, Serginho, Digao, Darmian, Oddo, Zambrotta, Sagnol

MIDFIELDERS
Emerson, Gattuso, Seedorf, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Kaka, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Ba, Flamini

FORWARDS
Pato, Inzaghi, Gilardino, Aubameyang, Ronaldo, Paloschi, Borriello

in
out

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
in: flamini, paloschi

out: gila

and thats it...

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've put up an updated squad list with some definite and some possible arrivals. Departing players are in grey colour.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pretty impressive from a technical standpoint. I do have to say, however: Ronaldinho, yuck.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Beemer said:
Pretty impressive from a technical standpoint. I do have to say, however: Ronaldinho, yuck.

I know you are still bitter over the fact that he had a poor world cup and blame him and kaka for Brazil's poor performance in the world cup which resulted in Dida not winning it. Its time to move on. Get over it :)

ROSSONERO_PR

I-BRA-vissimo !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.
THE NEW MILAN

milannuovo23052008dsafasN.JPG

With Green arche = 4 SURE

With Yellow arche = In TALKS
;)

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Bes said:
I've never heard that we were linked with Mudingayi. So Ronaldinho and Maruqez are green, cool :cool:

so how definite and well what do the green arrows mean surely it doesnt mean done deals?? or does it mean near completion??

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
I thought Pato was a striker? He's now used as a Kaka backup? wth?

dev1L said:
Jankulovski/Favalli :head:
That too.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
ROSSONERO_PR said:
:D :D :D :D :D The BEST LB ever - Ha ha ha ha ha !

suprisingly favalli hasnt done too badly considerin his age IMO, not to say i think he shud be first chioce LB we could really do with someone else to start there, and as for jankulovski he seems a competent player but isnt really top quality like zambrotta

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
ROSSONERO_PR said:
THE NEW MILAN

;)

I'm just trying to figure out why we would be signing two more CM...given that those two would hardly play and no LB...? :conf: And how do you know those in green are definitely signed? :conf:

Last edited:

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
ROSSONERO_PR said:
THE NEW MILAN

;)

Janku(Favalli)?? 'The Best' we've ever had :tongue:
Marquez ?? Another 'mature' players :head:

I think Dinho(Seedorf) should be on the left,not as second striker

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
ROSSONERO_PR said:
THE NEW MILAN

;)
If that's the case, we're after 7 signings, not bad.
But the Mudingayi interest is news to me.
I would prefer one more in defence (specially in the flanks) than in midfield.

milanist said:
I've put up an updated squad list with some definite and some possible arrivals. Departing players are in grey colour.
Why the "?" on Flamini? Put a "!" instead. ;)

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
ROSSONERO_PR said:
THE NEW MILAN

;)

thats crap no offense why is seedorf sub for dinho as a striker, we dont need mudingayi, sammarco isn't good enough.

they arn't really bringing the average age down with dinho, drgba, zambro, marquez

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ronaldinho is 28. This is the age where the players enjoy their best moment of football. Btw, the list there is CRAP !

Mudingayi ? haha
Sammarco is a player for lower teams only

Someone's missing there ..... BERBATOV !!!!!! :star:

aneh2

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
is that official from acmilan channel?
cuz i dont like it..

pato should not be a kaka replacement..

he should be ahead of ronaldinho as the starting player...wtf about the D no good!

Schedule