The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Beckham's probable arrival in Milan
is welcome 134 62.62%
is stupid 80 37.38%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-10-2008, 14:39   #1
Mr Fella
Rookie

Default David Beckham Thread

Apparantly Beckham is close to joining Milan on loan for around four months in January.

I think its about selling shirts and filling empty seats at the San Siro. Don't think he will add a great deal to the team. Although he has a good work ethic, and obviously a good pass/cross.
Just think that midfield is not a priority area of the side at the mo, think the defence needs work much more urgently and this is a publicity stunt. And I can imagine Galliani claiming another 'victory' in the transfer market. "Another champion joins Milan" blah blah blah...

Wot do you guys think?
Mr Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:44   #2
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fella
Wot do you guys think?
I`m thinking ,why did u open this thread? ..we can discuss this in the commode ,and if it comes out to be true,make a official player thread in the players section.

Just my 2 cents.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:44   #3
PUPO
Milan forever

Fav. Players: Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva

Good for marketing purposes but also for the contribute Beckham can give us.
Ancelotti likes him and will surely play him and then who knows...
He's not costing us anything and will sell many shirts + get a lot of attention.
Sky sport might even show Milan matches from january...who knows.
It's all good in my opinion, especially for the fact that he chose us and not Sfinter or Barca.

Signature
PUPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:45   #4
PUPO
Milan forever

Fav. Players: Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az.
I`m thinking ,why did u open this thread? ..we can discuss this in the commode ,and if it comes out to be true,make a official player thread in the players section.

Just my 2 cents.
Its official Az
Ps. ur sig is awful

Signature
PUPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:48   #5
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupone
Its official Az
Ps. ur sig is awful
Yeah well i just saw it on the official site

p.s: tanks!

Signature
Greatest of all time
Old 22-10-2008, 14:49   #6
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Were Inter and Barca even interested Pupone?

Next thing I'll read is Ronaldo - the fat tranny lover, just to clarify - making his return. Pathetic, like there's no other options who would better our FOOTBALL rather than jersey sales. The management have lost it.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:50   #7
Az.
Se7en

Default Official: David Beckham Thread

Let the epic fail begin

HE CHOSE MILAN
10/22/2008 1:21:00 PM
If 65,000 spectators go to watch the match against Sampdoria, it means that people like Milan. And the arrival of David Beckham will bring more fans rather than fewer ones. Here is Galliani and Ancelotti.

David Beckham was born in London on May 2nd 1975. English national team, currently plays for Los Angeles Galaxy, team of the Major League Soccer. Second in the Golden Ball award of 1999 and in the FIFA World Player 1999 and 2001. He's also one of the most famous and affirmed players in the world. Inserted by Pele in the FIFA 100, the list of the best players ever. In 2007 he ended up being in the list of the most influential celebrities in the world of Forbes, whereas the Time will place him in the Time 100 Heroes & Icons. Beckham is also one of the few English players to have played 100 games with the shirt of his national team of whom he was a captain for 58 games, from November 15th 2000 up to July 2nd 2006.

This is what Adriano Galliani said about him this morning at the Malpensa airport: "Will he arrive? Yes, I think so. He will stay at Milan on loan for some month, we are talking about it with his agent. We shall register him for some months and then he will leave. Beckham has chosen Milan. Our team is very competitive and will remain so, but Beckham is something different and intriguing. Milan is not collecting cards, Milan is very proud of the policy it has. We are the only club going against the current: the people go to the stadium to watch Milan. It's not a coincidence that 65,000 people go to watch Milan-Sampdoria. If the 65,000 go to the stadium, it means that Milan is a product which they like. Beckham will most likely bring more fans rather than fewer ones to the stadium."

And this is what Carlo Ancelotti said about David Beckham: "For me it will be a pleasure. Beckham is a serious athlete, a great professional. If he will be available for four months with us, we will be very happy. If he will be available for Milan, he will evidently be both for Italy and Europe."

Signature
Greatest of all time

Last edited by Az.; 22-10-2008 at 14:54.
Old 22-10-2008, 14:53   #8
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

ya he is coming cause we are sponsored by adidas.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:55   #9
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot

Next thing I'll read is Ronaldo - the fat tranny lover, just to clarify - making his return. Pathetic, like there's no other options who would better our FOOTBALL rather than jersey sales. The management have lost it.
stop knocking him over he has gone and he wont come back to milan.

please be happy with beck ham and shevchenko.
Old 22-10-2008, 14:56   #10
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

The jokiest joke in the federation of jokers. JOKE!

Signature
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:56   #11
Az.
Se7en

Quote:

Mourihno and Guardiola would have probably told him to fuck off right there on the spot.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Old 22-10-2008, 14:57   #12
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

God I wished it was April the first today
The beginning of the end thanks to G-boy
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:07   #13
GreatKalu
I still believe!

^^ Thats what I thought, but am not sure as I haven't read into the matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish
stop knocking him over
Thats not me. Its the center of gravity of his stomach.
Quote:
he has gone and he wont come back to milan.
Galliani said that chapter wasn't closed. So I have reason to be VERY afraid.
Quote:
please be happy with beck ham and shevchenko.
Why?
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:07   #14
inomilan
AC Milan Legend

Forza Becks

Signature
inomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:15   #15
Ashish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomilan
Forza Becks
is posh also coming otherwise there would be more controversy
Old 22-10-2008, 15:16   #16
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Quote:
I don't think it is right to compare these two.

Beckham wouldn't cost a cent (as far as it seems at the moment). He sells more, he works much harder in training, he doesn't turn up for training sessions drunk, he doesn't hook up with chicks-with-dicks and complain of non-existent injuries just to play the victim.

Capello dropped Beckham in Real Madrid, but Beckham didn't use the media to voice his anger, he just kept quiet, worked hard to impress Capello. In the end, even Capello publicly admitted he made a mistake dropping Beckham. Yes, the same Capello who asked FattyFagnaldo if he was ashamed to be that obese and quickly off-loaded him before leading that bunch to an unlikely league title.

I agree that Beckham isn't the most ideal signing, but surely much better than keeping/re-signing FattyFagnaldo. That for sure is a FACT.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:25   #17
Ashish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
I don't think it is right to compare these two.

Beckham wouldn't cost a cent (as far as it seems at the moment). He sells more, he works much harder in training, he doesn't turn up for training sessions drunk, he doesn't hook up with chicks-with-dicks and complain of non-existent injuries just to play the victim.

Capello dropped Beckham in Real Madrid, but Beckham didn't use the media to voice his anger, he just kept quiet, worked hard to impress Capello. In the end, even Capello publicly admitted he made a mistake dropping Beckham. Yes, the same Capello who asked FattyFagnaldo if he was ashamed to be that obese and quickly off-loaded him before leading that bunch to an unlikely league title.

I agree that Beckham isn't the most ideal signing, but surely much better than keeping/re-signing FattyFagnaldo. That for sure is a FACT.
listen fact boy ronaldo is not coming back to milan he is highest scorer in wc where mr posh piss blood and he is trying to get back to brasilian squad
go and enjoy with beckham
Old 22-10-2008, 15:26   #18
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Great marketing ploy!

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:30   #19
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Fantastic. Can't have enough 30+ year olds.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:34   #20
Diavolo_7
Il Diavolo Siciliano

Ugh...I can't believe this...
Diavolo_7 is offline   Reply With Quote