The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Beckham's probable arrival in Milan
is welcome 134 62.62%
is stupid 80 37.38%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-10-2008, 15:35   #21
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
I don't think it is right to compare these two.

Beckham wouldn't cost a cent (as far as it seems at the moment). He sells more, he works much harder in training, he doesn't turn up for training sessions drunk, he doesn't hook up with chicks-with-dicks and complain of non-existent injuries just to play the victim.

Capello dropped Beckham in Real Madrid, but Beckham didn't use the media to voice his anger, he just kept quiet, worked hard to impress Capello. In the end, even Capello publicly admitted he made a mistake dropping Beckham. Yes, the same Capello who asked FattyFagnaldo if he was ashamed to be that obese and quickly off-loaded him before leading that bunch to an unlikely league title.

I agree that Beckham isn't the most ideal signing, but surely much better than keeping/re-signing FattyFagnaldo. That for sure is a FACT.
Can't disagree with that. Becks' commitment and ethics towards being a professional footballer, despite even more fame, should be admired ... especially when considering that he hadn't played football for a while, being dropped by an idiot of a coach from captaincy, and then starting eleven, for England. No doubt.

I was referring to the attitude of the management + their statement. Football isn't about filling stadiums ... at least not for us. It should be about winning, at least from a club's perspective. If we're more interested in filling the San Siro + Berlu's emptying pockets, then we're in shit.

Besides, if we play good football + win accordingly, then the stadiums will be full without Becks + co.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:38   #22
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Who's next? Micheal Jordan?
Old 22-10-2008, 15:39   #23
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Who's next? Micheal Jordan?
Costacurta probably.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:44   #24
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

OK, let's put it this way.

From what I read in soccernet, he will be training with us after his off-season promo with the Galaxy is over. He's done this with Arsenal last year. Then he will begin his loan with us (if this one will really fall through) starting in January because Europe transfer season is closed.

He will only officially become our player in January so this thread will move to Football.

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:48   #25
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Quote:
Can't disagree with that. Becks' commitment and ethics towards being a professional footballer, despite even more fame, should be admired ... especially when considering that he hadn't played football for a while, being dropped by an idiot of a coach from captaincy, and then starting eleven, for England. No doubt.

I was referring to the attitude of the management + their statement. Football isn't about filling stadiums ... at least not for us. It should be about winning, at least from a club's perspective. If we're more interested in filling the San Siro + Berlu's emptying pockets, then we're in shit.

Besides, if we play good football + win accordingly, then the stadiums will be full without Becks + co.
Well, if the club has intentions to buy a quality defender for next season (for example), Beckham's marketability will definitely help in that aspect, albeit indirectly. He did make about €600m in four years for Real Madrid, the money which they used to buy a host of players and attempted to get C.Ronaldo and Kaka with.

I have no idea what Berlusconi is up to, but maybe Sergio Ramos is good friends with Beckham? They did after all play together on the right flank of Real Madrid.

If Beckham's arrival does make Milan a minimum of €50m, it can be put to good use for our own benefit of rejuvenation. That ultimately is the target, Beckham merely a resource to finance that.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:49   #26
Diavolo_7
Il Diavolo Siciliano

Quote:

If you've seen him play for LA, you'd see that he couldn't be more disinterested. Not playing hard for the team that is paying him A LOT more than any other player in his respective league makes it hard for me to commend him for his commitment and ethics.
Diavolo_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:49   #27
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

My heart stopped when I saw the Official:.

I thought, "Oh it's probably a n00b, or another bad joke from Besfort."

But alas, it's true. Hopefully he helps us (Hell, I'll accept not hurting us... How pathetic) as we make our push for the Scudetto.

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:56   #28
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Commenting on his proposed loan, it will be the biggest nightmare in my years of supporting Milan. This is the one player that epitomized the turning of soccer into a money-making jersey-selling and endless-touring business which I totally hate. I'm so speechless, I retyped this posts over and over but just couldn't find the right words for my contempt if this loan will really take place.

There are 4 months is January to April and those 4 months will be lowliest point for me. Milan could sign Materazzi, Ibra, C.Ronaldo (or Sinisa Mihajlovic in the past) but as much as I loathe them I will still welcome them. But never for Beckham.

I wonder what will be MALDINESTA's reaction

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:59   #29
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMichael
My heart stopped when I saw the Official:.

I thought, "Oh it's probably a n00b, or another bad joke from Besfort."

But alas, it's true. Hopefully he helps us (Hell, I'll accept not hurting us... How pathetic) as we make our push for the Scudetto.
I only make this kinda jokes in April Fool's day.

Hell.. this would be more depressing than the Ancelotti one.

Signature
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:06   #30
Stabed
Rookie

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=925526

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...logs/sc41.html

Hope they are right about the alternative for Pirlo role
Stabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:06   #31
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

It is a great marketing move though. I called my cousin in Milan and he said the entire city was talking/excited about the move.

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:08   #32
ernesto
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon

here we go~
Forza Beckham!
wonder what his shirt number be like... not 7 pato, not 23, coz of ambro...
77?
ernesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:09   #33
Stabed
Rookie

I really hope this gets Serie A back on British TV. If it does, i take back everything bad i have ever said about him, and it would be enough to make the signing worthwhile in my eyes

Forza Milan
Stabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:11   #34
JUANES
BARCA HATER

Fav. Players: Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself

oh well
another star to our already crowed lineup.

well....its official

WE ARE THE NEW GALACTICOS!

diference here is that we are gonna win the scudetto and of course THE UEFA CUP.

ban pirlo for a season and put becks...i prefer becks a hundred times over pirlo because becks still has passion.

Signature
JUANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:15   #35
adriancg
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

As long as Hollywood keeps paying his wages, I don't mind him at all.

He can:
a) Bring in a lot of money
b) Occasionally fill in for someone
c) Teach Ricky how to hit a dead ball :P

Win-win IMO

Signature
adriancg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:20   #36
Diavolo_7
Il Diavolo Siciliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANES
...i prefer becks a hundred times over pirlo because becks still has passion.
Beckham has passion to play for England and make as many public appearances as possible. If he has so much footballing passion why couldn't he thrive in an inferior league, make those around him better, and at least lead his team to the playoffs?
Diavolo_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:26   #37
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
Well, if the club has intentions to buy a quality defender for next season (for example), Beckham's marketability will definitely help in that aspect, albeit indirectly. He did make about €600m in four years for Real Madrid, the money which they used to buy a host of players and attempted to get C.Ronaldo and Kaka with.

I have no idea what Berlusconi is up to, but maybe Sergio Ramos is good friends with Beckham? They did after all play together on the right flank of Real Madrid.

If Beckham's arrival does make Milan a minimum of €50m, it can be put to good use for our own benefit of rejuvenation. That ultimately is the target, Beckham merely a resource to finance that.
Sure ... Becks' new American market probably will balance the books, but it all seems rather tedious and hence, unnecessary to me. Do we really need Sergio Ramos THAT BAD? Is Becks the best possible solution to our current problems? Why buy Becks to find a means to rejuvenate when the actual act of buying him suggests otherwise? Why not just buy young promising talents + work on the magic that groomed legends such as Paolo, Billy and Baresi? Is there such a complete lack of talent out there that only Ramos is worth going through all this trouble?

And when you look at what our squad lacks at the moment, you have to say, more than a right winger, we lack an abundance of pace. Becks doesn't offer this, and lets not forget ... we still have a season ongoing where we're in the running for two major Cups. Rather than acquire Becks + devise a master plan for the future, we could just get a quick, tricky winger, or a defender or wignback ... someone who would give us more options + perhaps the extra surge needed to win the Scudetto.

What I'm saying is that we should focus on building on what we have ... and Becks isn't going to add more to our game.

Last edited by GreatKalu; 22-10-2008 at 16:30.
Old 22-10-2008, 16:27   #38
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

somebody kill beck ham i hate him so much, i hated sheva cause he left. but for me when i see beckham to milan sheva is an angel.

berlu has gone mad
emerson pippo sheva seedorf dida(sorry beemie) kalac now beckham and not to mention a lazy pirlo.
whats going with this club. i feel like killing somebody
this is A C Milan fuckers it deserves best players in the world now what we are a retreat center or old home?

fuck galliani
grow balls coach.

abate gorcuff paloschi cardicio viduez can kiss their career good bye..
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:34   #39
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo_7
If you've seen him play for LA, you'd see that he couldn't be more disinterested. Not playing hard for the team that is paying him A LOT more than any other player in his respective league makes it hard for me to commend him for his commitment and ethics.
Well I haven't watched him at all in the MLS. Just saw a few clips of his first goal + some assists. Thats about it. I think the fact that he has played at such high levels + now has to make do with the MLS is a contributing factor. But you still cannot turn a blind eye to that period when his career seemed to be done and dusted, yet he someone managed to claw back into Madrid's starting XI + play a crucial role in winning La Liga.
Old 22-10-2008, 16:46   #40
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

LOL , dont know why am happy but I am.
He is old + past it but I always thought we need a right flanker as a priority coz think of our players & u will notice that almost all of em drift 2 the left.
The stpidity triad wouldnt sign any other player so with him is just 1 more player added 2 the squad & since he is free(loan) then he is a +.
Bori + Pato r good with their head & Pippo is the same -- > crosses - crosses + more crosses.
Not a first choice but I know 4 sure he will justify his salary more than Emo - Favali & co.
If he didnt cross as am expected(Oddo) then FUCK HIM

Signature

Last edited by Wild; 22-10-2008 at 16:49.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote