The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Beckham's probable arrival in Milan
is welcome 134 62.62%
is stupid 80 37.38%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-10-2008, 23:34   #81
Mr Fella
Rookie

P.s
I agree with a lot of wot u and others are saying. Sadly money is wot football is all about now, and im sure he will make us some money, but for the team, i dont think he will do anything.
And do we need a 33 yr old midfielder, its prob the one area of the team that has plenty of cover.
And Milan havent had a real winger for a long time, its so obviously a media stunt, it stinks, i really dont like it
Mr Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 23:37   #82
Giancarlo
Banned

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fella
Good for business, bad for football and the team IMO.
And beckham really cant tackle, or head for that matter, or use his left foot, or take players on and he has no pace, none, wot sort of winger is he?
Personally i think this is pathetic. Milan has become a media donkey. i think its sad, if he took gattuso role, i think i would suggest titus bramble for nesta's job.

Wot a complete and utter joke
Come on... he may not even play all that much. He may not be all that bad for the team... it isn't about being a media donkey. That's one thing Milan will never be...

At most he'll play some Coppa Italia matches...

But still I get where you're coming from and I've had my issues with this. If it gets us money though for other transfers, fine by me.

And he'll only be at Milan for 6 months.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 00:05   #83
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Who wanna bet that he b useful (football wise) ?

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 00:10   #84
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
Who wanna bet that he b useful (football wise) ?
I'm in, just for the sake of betting. Personally I think he'll do fine most of the time he spends with us.

So, what's on the table? Rahja's mum tits? Your car?

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 00:32   #85
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I'm in, just for the sake of betting. Personally I think he'll do fine most of the time he spends with us.

So, what's on the table? Rahja's mum tits? Your car?
That never gets old

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 03:28   #86
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo_7
But hey, I heard AC Milan mentioned on ESPN today which doesn't happen very often. Maybe Milan will become "America's Team".
Yeah, this news was also mentioned in ESPN Asia last nite. Then they showed the picture of Ancelotti with his comment about the proposed loan. But what enraged me is what is written under the picture : CARLOS Ancelotti - AC Milan Coach. Stupid

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 03:44   #87
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

I was replying to this when a freak lighting hit here (seriously the lighting sounded, not the thunder, the lightning).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
We are more deeply in the red than the figures are made public, I guess.
Which makes me angry. We won the CL + CWC just last year, we probably should've gain lots of money in the past years just for advancing in Europe (I don't know if the Supercup gives you money), we got a huge amount of money when we sold Sheva (by now we should've collected), we have spend little in the market since 03 (maybe just this season, but it's peanuts compare to what the rest of the big teams payed), we sold players with losses, but not HUGE losses, we sold some gusy with gains, we bought Ronaldinho and Ronaldo and both supposly sold lots of shirts (and I'm assuming Kaka also sells a lot + I'm also guessing we at least have the image rights of him or some of the big names in the team), there's the abbonamenti that in the past 2 years have been huge, supposly we didn't end in red numbers 2 years ago (which IMO is bad, cause having superavits is usually not recomended when you work with a budget), yes maybe we are overpaying some payrolls, but is it that bad? And b) aren't those numbers supposed to be real when they are made public otherwise isn't it corruption?

The north of this management is completly lost, specially if they think that by only having Beckham for 4 months loan we're going to get Asia + US markets crazy. Mostly because Beckham is likely to go before May to play the friendlies with his team to Asia (I'm assuming it's part of his contract) which is going to be the one that will get the market (and that team also plays in the US so is the one that is getting the US market). It would've been kind of honorable if we would let him stay with us to be fit, and all.

As a note, I don't think Beckham sucks, for me there was a reason he played in a team like ManU and there's a reason why Sir Alex debuted him and played and there's a reason why the England NT (as much as it sucks for most people) debuted him when he was kind of young. I just don't think it's right, and I think this is giving the idea that Milan is nothing more than a circus that wants to get all the has beens. And it's like we are just waiting that E! decides to make a reality show about Beckham in Milan to sell ourselves.

On another note, I don't hate Victoria, I was a huge Spice Girls fan when I was 9-12, I have (had cause a friend of my totally stole it) their CD, and still get excited when I hear their songs, cheesy I know. And when me + my friends sang, I said I was Victoria till they told me she was the tranny. So it's not about her either.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 04:17   #88
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
aren't those numbers supposed to be real when they are made public otherwise isn't it corruption?
Of course they are but fiscal matters are tricky. It's an art itself and if the accountant is good he/she can paint a whole new picture. Being too much in the red is definetly a very bad sign for marketing as well as to investors so a little cosmetics there is probably done in every club who is in red. And I believe our wages overall are beyond though I don't believe the figures given by gazzetta blindly.

So if he comes I can do nothing more than greet the man - Welcome Becks

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 04:42   #89
Giancarlo
Banned

I really don't think we're that much into the red. We did not spend much last transfer season...
Old 23-10-2008, 04:56   #90
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

@crazy4milan

elections were held this year, so no doubt we are in red. cant compete for a class player, cant even get ivanovic or adebeyor forget sergio ramos boruc adebeyor or fab, get santacros lol beckham is shit

Pirlo>>>>> Beckham.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 04:56   #91
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
I was replying to this when a freak lighting hit here (seriously the lighting sounded, not the thunder, the lightning).

Which makes me angry. We won the CL + CWC just last year, we probably should've gain lots of money in the past years just for advancing in Europe (I don't know if the Supercup gives you money), we got a huge amount of money when we sold Sheva (by now we should've collected), we have spend little in the market since 03 (maybe just this season, but it's peanuts compare to what the rest of the big teams payed), we sold players with losses, but not HUGE losses, we sold some gusy with gains, we bought Ronaldinho and Ronaldo and both supposly sold lots of shirts (and I'm assuming Kaka also sells a lot + I'm also guessing we at least have the image rights of him or some of the big names in the team), there's the abbonamenti that in the past 2 years have been huge, supposly we didn't end in red numbers 2 years ago (which IMO is bad, cause having superavits is usually not recomended when you work with a budget), yes maybe we are overpaying some payrolls, but is it that bad? And b) aren't those numbers supposed to be real when they are made public otherwise isn't it corruption?

Well you make some valid points but i guess other issues like taxes+tv rights+attendance rate compared to other big clubs in europe (England, etc)+Maintaining Milan lab+stock market and a host of other issue come into play as well.

Quote:
The north of this management is completly lost, specially if they think that by only having Beckham for 4 months loan we're going to get Asia + US markets crazy. Mostly because Beckham is likely to go before May to play the friendlies with his team to Asia (I'm assuming it's part of his contract) which is going to be the one that will get the market (and that team also plays in the US so is the one that is getting the US market). It would've been kind of honorable if we would let him stay with us to be fit, and all.

Well yeah and that's why i think Galliani shouldn't handle the transfers. He would contradict his role as a CEO+the person in charge of the transfers because he would be signing players based on who can sell more merchandise+fill the stadium (which is something he needs to look into as the CEO of the club) by signing players like Beckham. If things don't go well, he can always say i signed players like Beckham so its not my fault. I believe the manager should have full control of the transfers so that he can build the squad without external influence and can take full responsibility if things don't go as plan as oppose to the current state of affairs.

Quote:
As a note, I don't think Beckham sucks, for me there was a reason he played in a team like ManU and there's a reason why Sir Alex debuted him and played and there's a reason why the England NT (as much as it sucks for most people) debuted him when he was kind of young. I just don't think it's right, and I think this is giving the idea that Milan is nothing more than a circus that wants to get all the has beens. And it's like we are just waiting that E! decides to make a reality show about Beckham in Milan to sell ourselves.
Yeah he is a good player but he is not exactly what we need. I've mentioned time and time again that we lack quality players with pace to increase our tempo+speed+cut open smaller teams that pack their midfield+defence. We seem to usually do better against bigger teams as oppose to smaller teams because bigger teams would leave a lot of space at the back when they push forward+are usually more adventures.

Quote:
On another note, I don't hate Victoria, I was a huge Spice Girls fan when I was 9-12, I have (had cause a friend of my totally stole it) their CD, and still get excited when I hear their songs, cheesy I know. And when me + my friends sang, I said I was Victoria till they told me she was the tranny. So it's not about her either.
That's extremely Cheesy!

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 04:58   #92
Giancarlo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish
@crazy4milan

elections were held this year, so no doubt we are in red. cant compete for a class player, cant even get ivanovic or adebeyor forget sergio ramos boruc adebeyor or fab, get santacros lol beckham is shit

Pirlo>>>>> Beckham.
But we did get a ton of other great players... and we did get several class players. Quit your misplaced complaining!

And if you're gonna say we're in the red, prove it.
Old 23-10-2008, 05:06   #93
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
But we did get a ton of other great players... and we did get several class players. Quit your misplaced complaining!

And if you're gonna say we're in the red, prove it.
ya go on kiss galliani for bringing so called old fucks

i dont give a shit about fuckham, when our midfield is stifled and youngsters are not geting chance even when regulars like pirlo and gattuso are out injured.

put ronaldinho beckham and seedorf on the pitch LOL atleast R80 is training hard, he wants to be no 1. we have enough players who are aiming comebacks.
pirlo sheva ronaldinho

so thats how our midfield lies
kaka ronaldinho flamini ambrosini gattuso purlo seedorf beckham viduez emerson cardicci LOL this means more x mas tree after christmas

have you ever see beckham playing for england? he never gets chance he plays only for breaking no of international appearences. he hasnt done anything for england in his prime what he thinks this time he will win golden ball in coming wc?.

if we win continously, people will come to watch us its already 65k in our stands only way to mak money and win hearts is win beautifully.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 05:14   #94
Giancarlo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish
ya go on kiss galliani for bringing so called old fucks

i dont give a shit about fuckham, when our midfield is stifled and youngsters are not geting chance even when regulars like pirlo and gattuso are out injured.
Wow, you really don't know anything do you? I'm not kissing on anyone. We bought 8 players under the age of 28, you blind little boy. You won't open your damn eyes to look at the facts. But that doesn't surprise me.

I don't care about Beckham either. We get him on a loan (it gets us money)... so who the hell cares?

Quote:
have you ever see beckham playing for england? he never gets chance he plays only for breaking no of international appearences. he hasnt done anything for england in his prime what he thinks this time he will win golden ball in coming wc?.
Who the hell cares if he comes here on a free loan? WHO CARES? He'll be on the god damn bench.

Jesus christ.

Not only that your formations are all wrong. Many of those players will not start. We will play 4-3-1-2 for smaller teams, and 4-3-2-1 for the attack oriented ones. Wrong!

Last edited by Giancarlo; 23-10-2008 at 05:17.
Old 23-10-2008, 06:07   #95
Wet Ones
Απορροφάμε

Fav. Players: Whoever helps make Milan untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Anyway back on topic....with Becks leaving the Galaxy (sadly not the Milky Way one ) and coming here we might be able to cut into a bigger slice of the U.S. market. As for his taking Pirlo's role.....to me the ONLY things Becks is better than Pirlo at are crossing, passing and free-kicks. Pirlo can (maybe I should say "used to" ) organise the entire midfield, he can dribble past his man, makes GREAT interceptions and is better defensively than Becks. So unless we deploy him as an out and out winger and give poor Zambrotta the umpleasant task of covering his ass I can't see much more footballing use for him.
Which Pirlo have you been watching??
Wet Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 06:09   #96
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Ones

Which Pirlo have YOU been watching?!?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 06:16   #97
Giancarlo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Ones
Question thrown right back at you.

Pirlo is a key player, and has precision and skill that Beckham certainly does not have.

I may seem like I'm bashing Beckham a lot... but if he comes here on a loan that is win-win why should we against it? He'll get some time to train with Milan and maybe play a few matches (mainly as a substitute). I don't think he'll be disrespecting the established at Milan. He may have some discipline issues on the pitch, but I think he's a professional enough to acknowledge you can't upset Clarence Seedorf for example.
Old 23-10-2008, 07:01   #98
zank
CREDIAMO18

Fav. Players: FB6-PM3-AN13-GG8-R70-ZI11-NEXT

Milan move: So long US for Posh ‘n Becks?

By ROBERT MILLWARD, AP Soccer Writer 5 hours, 58 minutes ago

LONDON (AP)—David Beckham’s possible jump to AC Milan could be more than just a temporary deal and might mean “arrivederci” to the Posh ‘n Becks show in America.

Beckham needs to stay competitive to keep his spot on the England team, and the loan would come with Major League Soccer in its offseason.

AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani said Wednesday a deal is close. Beckham would join the Italian club in January and play in Serie A for a few months before returning to the Los Angeles Galaxy.

But there could be more to Beckham’s move to Milan, a glamorous city as famous for fashion as for soccer and opera. It could be an ideal new home for Beckham and wife Victoria, the Spice Girl heavily into promoting her own fashion lines.

Signature

Last edited by zank; 23-10-2008 at 07:07.
zank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 07:03   #99
MaldiniISgod
designated hippy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta

Signature
MaldiniISgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 07:15   #100
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

the funny thing about it is, everyone is saying its for marketing.... isnt ronaldinho a big enough star in world football? Is beckham really that much bigger than him? Maybe in us... but worldwide?

im personally excited to see the seedorf, pirlo, beckham midfield. take about workrate!

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote