The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 04-08-2011, 16:22   #1
RollingPapers
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Default AC Milan Stadium

Are we going to build a new stadium for us? Or is Inter going to leave San Siro and build their own?
RollingPapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 16:34   #2
ToonInvader
4th GK

Fav. Players: Maldini, Davids, Schweinsteiger, Bergkamp, Jonah Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePk911 View Post
Are we going to build a new stadium for us? Or is Inter going to leave San Siro and build their own?
I think there are negociations running for co-owned stadium for 2016 : the city of Milan + both Milan clubs.

Dont know what's the situation though...

Signature

"Life goes on. Otherwise, Maradonna would still play football. I am now the coach of AC Milan. But in a few years, I'll be back in Livorno, fishing on a raft in the middle of the sea " M.A.
ToonInvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 16:39   #3
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonInvader View Post
I think there are negociations running for co-owned stadium for 2016 : the city of Milan + both Milan clubs.

Dont know what's the situation though...
Wasn't inter gunning for their own stadium? Waiting for a bill to pass in the parliament?

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 17:06   #4
sanzen
Banned

many teams are waiting on this bill to allow teams to own their stadiums. it will benefit the league, not exactly sure why it hasnt been implimented before. Can anyone shed some light on the situation?
sanzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 17:11   #5
benjamin
李勇鸿

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Why do some clubs need to wait for bill to be passed in parliament? And juventus gets their stadium right away?
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 18:40   #6
RollingPapers
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel

Yea why does Juve get their stadium?
RollingPapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 22:59   #7
zio_fester
Senior Team Member

i would never want milan to go away from san siro. only a person who has never been on san siro could want a new stadium.
zio_fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 23:31   #8
Gio

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zio_fester View Post
i would never want milan to go away from san siro. only a person who has never been on san siro could want a new stadium.
Absolutely 100% agree. I've been to many top European stadiums including nou camp and westfalen stadion and the San Siro just has something special about it that nothing else will ever, ever match. I'd even prefer watching Inter there over any other stadium in Europe, it's just that good.

Signature
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 23:41   #9
zio_fester
Senior Team Member

1926... nice avatar pic giova
Old 04-08-2011, 23:47   #10
Gio

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

1926??? And thank you, I never saw him myself but just seeing how he played when on form was mesmerising, could've been one of the best ever if he had the right mentality, looks like he could out-dribble maradona!

Signature
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:46   #11
jackATTACK
Rookie

Fav. Players: donovan Bradley ibrahimovic Kaka Pato Cassano Maldini

the least that can be done to the stadiums is to have them renovated because they've been the same since the 50's those stadiums are soooo old and something needs to be done about that
jackATTACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:53   #12
zio_fester
Senior Team Member

1926 - that's how old our san siro is 85 years, huge collection of memories Yeah man, he had something, something that drove you crazy to watch him. Just one in a billion thing, that is so rare and you can find only in certain players. Pure talent! It's like a combo of Robben + Zidane. Il genio !
Old 05-08-2011, 03:26   #13
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

The thing that bothers me with San Siro is the colors of the seats. It would be really awesome if all the seats were bright red like Emirates or Wembley. The orange, green and blue seats makes it look unfresh.

But this won't happen as long as we're sharing it with Merda.

Last edited by Goodfella; 05-08-2011 at 03:28.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:20   #14
Dominate
Genius

Fav. Players: RIP Totti

we dont need a new stadium, just revamp the San Siro into the 2000's
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:23   #15
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
we dont need a new stadium, just revamp the San Siro into the 2000's
Im not in the construction business,but from my limited knowledge i know that the costs of revamping the SanSiro would make no sense financially,and we could build a new stadium for that money.

Well not exactly that money,but lets say add another 20% to what would cost to revamp and you have a new stadium.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:26   #16
benjamin
李勇鸿

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Im not in the construction business,but from my limited knowledge i know that the costs of revamping the SanSiro would make no sense financially,and we could build a new stadium for that money.

Well not exactly that money,but lets say add another 20% to what would cost to revamp and you have a new stadium.
I dont see how revamping it would cost that much. Please explain.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:06   #17
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:

How, really? Revamping should not include much tearing down. The issues with the San Siro are mostly - Access, Bad seats and the lack of other developments attached to the stadium.

I don't think the historic facade of the stadium should be changed at all - it might not look as glamorous as the Allianz Arena or Juve's stadium after renovation, but revenue-generation is the point, not looking pretty.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:32   #18
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
How, really? Revamping should not include much tearing down. The issues with the San Siro are mostly - Access, Bad seats and the lack of other developments attached to the stadium.

I don't think the historic facade of the stadium should be changed at all - it might not look as glamorous as the Allianz Arena or Juve's stadium after renovation, but revenue-generation is the point, not looking pretty.
Thats actually exactly the whole point.You need the stadium to look pretty to attract people.Now do i think the notion is stupid?Yes i do.Do i think people are stupid and fickle?Same answer.

You cant just trow around 20 shops around the San Siro and expect great revenues like the Alianz Arena gets and so on.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Old 05-08-2011, 08:40   #19
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Thats actually exactly the whole point.You need the stadium to look pretty to attract people.Now do i think the notion is stupid?Yes i do.Do i think people are stupid and fickle?Same answer.

You cant just trow around 20 shops around the San Siro and expect great revenues like the Alianz Arena gets and so on.
Actually I dont think the 'looking pretty to attract people' notion is stupid, but that's another discussion. Leave that aside.

It's not 20 shops around the San Siro that we are talking about, that already exists. In new stadiums, the model is to build an attached shopping center with ample branding space, within the stadium. The superstructure will have to be expanded for this, and access will have to be tremendously improved.

Aesthetics is hardly an issue here actually - People are attracted to new stadiums because it's comfortable going there, they are safe, and they give you a more complete experience - which includes shopping, dining and so on.

San Siro has enough aesthetic appeal to cut the threshold as far as that is concerned. That is why I said the priority should be to provide the experience rather than improve the looks. The facade is good-looking already. Which is why it will be much cheaper to renovate the stadium.

Last edited by necromancer; 05-08-2011 at 08:42.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:44   #20
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Actually I dont think the 'looking pretty to attract people' notion is stupid, but that's another discussion. Leave that aside.

It's not 20 shops around the San Siro that we are talking about, that already exists. In new stadiums, the model is to build an attached shopping center with ample branding space, within the stadium. The superstructure will have to be expanded for this, and access will have to be tremendously improved.

Aesthetics is hardly an issue here actually - People are attracted to new stadiums because it's comfortable going there, they are safe, and they give you a more complete experience - which includes shopping, dining and so on.

San Siro has enough aesthetic appeal to cut the threshold as far as that is concerned. That is why I said the priority should be to provide the experience rather than improve the looks. The facade is good-looking already. Which is why it will be much cheaper to renovate the stadium.
And you think expanding the core structure of the San Siro is going to be cheap compared to a new one?Btw the 20 new shops around the San Siro line was just an expression,i know we already have merchandise boutiques around.

I was talking about restaurants and so on within or annexed to the San Siro if were talking expanding.

Signature
Greatest of all time