The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 15-10-2011, 20:55   #41
mcooper10
Rookie

i think u guys r underrating nocerino immensely i think hes bee one of our best players and he can easily replace gattuso and i think our main problem have van bommel and seedorf both look so much older then last year i think khedira would be an ideal signing and robinho can be our trequartista not boateng and im still undedcided on aquilani hes definatley not milan class and although montolivo is better i sdont want him but if we find a good spot to aquilani and give him more playing time he could be decrent
mcooper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 21:36   #42
mcooper10
Rookie

i also dont like cassano at all i know some of u might like him but i don mind him coming off the bench when we need a spark but hes too static and ithink it hurts ibras game when he doesnt have someone running around him even though he does have a few goals i just dont like him
mcooper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 16:05   #43
kakajd
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcooper10 View Post
i also dont like cassano at all i know some of u might like him but i don mind him coming off the bench when we need a spark but hes too static and ithink it hurts ibras game when he doesnt have someone running around him even though he does have a few goals i just dont like him
I feel the same, hes a great player to have in our team, thats not under question, but IMO, hes a worse version of the ronaldinho we had last season.

Plus juve are drawing 0-0, half played. Hopefully it can stay that way

Signature
Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
kakajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 20:06   #44
Eccolo
Keep calm! Sell everyone!

Fav. Players: Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

Really? Cassano moves alot more then Dinho ever did. Dont really get the notion that Cassano is lazy....
Eccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 20:37   #45
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd View Post
I feel the same, hes a great player to have in our team, thats not under question, but IMO, hes a worse version of the ronaldinho we had last season.

Plus juve are drawing 0-0, half played. Hopefully it can stay that way
Cassano actually moves you know

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 21:48   #46
look
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Aquilani, van Bommel, Gennaro Ivan, Abate, Prince, Cassano, Mexes, Buffon, Matri, Quags, Ibra, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Which is why I don't think we should do it game in game out. But Mexes, if he returns to full health is too good to bench.

I'd say a 4 man rotation among 3 spots to keep botH MVB and Nesta fresh. When we rest MVB- move Thiag to midfield. Occasionally use all 4 and use MVB a little higher. Still think this is our best 11-

------------Zlatan
-------Robi--Boateng
-------MVB---See/Aqui
------------Thiago
Taiwo--Nesta--Mexes--Abate
Boateng? For what? For offtarget shoots?
look is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2011, 06:00   #47
Fiero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post

Important Notes:

- Please don't discuss any tactics that include non-Milan players. Only discuss players on our current roster as this isn't a transfer thread.

- Please, don't just suggest a formation. There is a particular thread for that. This thread is for tactics i.e. the strategy our team implements -or you think should implement- in attack and defense. This includes everything from attacking moves to defending set pieces. Posting "We should use 4-4-2" is not related to tactics.

- Please, quality posts only. Don't just say something for the sake of it, try to add quality.
Just sayin'.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 22:49   #48
Patri
Kallappam-pothu

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso

If Ibra and Cassano are going to be our starting forwards this season, we could see a ton of a lot of goals from our midfielders this season. And just as I think of it, Nocerino completes his hat trick..

Signature
Signature
Patri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 23:07   #49
Fiero

Loving the movement of the young guns. This teams just moves so well with one of Aquilani or Nocerino opening wide and the other pulling forward or staying back depending on the ball's position. While Ibra bullies defenses to open up space for Cassanata and Boateng to move, and it gets more beautiful when Abate and Taiwo overlap as well.

The rejuvenation for this team is in place and it's about time the likes of Pippo, Seedorf, Rino, and Ambro let go. Groundwork is in place, just two or three more players needed and this team would be ready to start another era for AC Milan.
Old 20-11-2011, 15:31   #50
Fiero

The big problem with all the movement Allegri created is that now there's no #9. Since Cassano's injury, Ibra has become an advanced trequartista/a withdrawn forward i.e. he doesn't stick to the box and his job isn't to finish. While Robinho isn't a finisher either and he drops off to the wings so there's nobody left in the box to finish chances.

This works okay when Nocerino or Aquilani get their scoring boots on, which let's be fair shouldn't be expected of them on weekly basis, and when Prince Boateng is on to finish off shit.

Yesterday was a typical Boateng game. Fiorentina closed down the wings well and so the team needed someone central to score. But Seedorf was only played in that position out of necessity as he can't pull Boateng's role off. He's more at home in midfield (which BTW I'd like to see a midfield pairing of Aquilani-Seedorf, more technique and better passing).

The movement is great and the team creates chances at will when everyone clicks. The problem is that there's no one to finish regularly. That's where a #9 comes in. I'm not sure whether Boateng should start vs Barcelona or Pato with Robinho and Ibra roaming behind him. It could be deadly and I'd go for it, especially as Boateng looks out of place in big games (vs teams that could string passes together).

What I'd like to see experimented (vs Barca and in the league) is:

Pato

Robinho - Ibra

Seedorf -------- Aquilani

Van Bommel

Though vs Barcelona I'd probably use Boateng instead of Seedorf as he could run more and is more aggressive. Though Allegri will go for Nocerino, but I really think he's being overrated. Yeah he runs a lot and of course his spirit is great, but how many balls does he win back? how many assists or chances does he create? He's not as effective as some believe.

Bottom line is the team moves greater than ever now with Ibra's new role, but there's no one in the box to finish. One of Boateng and Robinho has to be sacrificed for Pato.
Old 20-11-2011, 18:45   #51
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol

Nocerino is defnitely overrated and we cant have Milan start such a technically limited midfielder. Aquilani is not good enough to handle the creative burden alone. Need someone else , who is adept at keeping the ball in midfield. Montolivo is better than noce but i was hoping we get a world class midfielder instead. Someone like a modric ..

Signature
sushanmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 19:08   #52
Fiero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanmilano View Post
Nocerino is defnitely overrated and we cant have Milan start such a technically limited midfielder. Aquilani is not good enough to handle the creative burden alone. Need someone else , who is adept at keeping the ball in midfield. Montolivo is better than noce but i was hoping we get a world class midfielder instead. Someone like a modric ..
Milan can start a technically limited midfielder and in fact it did for longer than a decade, his name was Rino Gattuso. The problem is Nocerino isn't half the player Gattuso is defensively, he doesn't have his intelligence nor does he intercept enough balls.

About Montolivo, this thread is to discuss the current players only. You have tons of other players to discuss transfer fantasies. Thanks.
Old 20-11-2011, 19:56   #53
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol

Quote:
Milan can start a technically limited midfielder and in fact it did for longer than a decade, his name was Rino Gattuso. The problem is Nocerino isn't half the player Gattuso is defensively, he doesn't have his intelligence nor does he intercept enough balls.

About Montolivo, this thread is to discuss the current players only. You have tons of other players to discuss transfer fantasies. Thanks.
Rino was a brilliant player and he was our only ball winner. His selection was justified as we started pirlo and seedorf in the other positions. But if our current tactics require us to have a defensive minded anchor then a player like nocerino who isnt defensively excellent or technically sound seems like a waste of space when we really need to score. I am aware of how much he runs and how hard he works but too bad. Your formation with seedorf and aquilani on either side of Van bommel and three strikers up front looks really good but its too adventurous for allegri to deploy. But i really think Pato has to play . Ibra had not gone inside the box since the roma game. He has basically taken over cassano's duties. and most of the chances are going to midfielders which is not ideal. Need a box striker. I hope allegri gives that formation another thought.

Cool. i will keep that in mind from next time

Signature
Old 20-11-2011, 19:59   #54
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
Loving the movement of the young guns. This teams just moves so well with one of Aquilani or Nocerino opening wide and the other pulling forward or staying back depending on the ball's position. While Ibra bullies defenses to open up space for Cassanata and Boateng to move, and it gets more beautiful when Abate and Taiwo overlap as well.

The rejuvenation for this team is in place and it's about time the likes of Pippo, Seedorf, Rino, and Ambro let go. Groundwork is in place, just two or three more players needed and this team would be ready to start another era for AC Milan.

fullbacks are still shit except when abate is defending
old midfield and very static
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 20:12   #55
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post

fullbacks are still shit except when abate is defending
old midfield and very static
Abate moves really well while attacking . He generally beats the opponent easily and is always ending up free somewhere around the box. This is when shit happens. His passing/crossing is quite bad from there. Either he overhits it or hits it right at the defender. Very frustrating to watch as every other aspect of his game is good right now and you expect a lot more from a fullback when he has lots of time and space to cross.

Signature
Old 21-11-2011, 00:27   #56
Fiero

Quote:
Rino was a brilliant player and he was our only ball winner. His selection was justified as we started pirlo and seedorf in the other positions. But if our current tactics require us to have a defensive minded anchor then a player like nocerino who isnt defensively excellent or technically sound seems like a waste of space when we really need to score. I am aware of how much he runs and how hard he works but too bad. Your formation with seedorf and aquilani on either side of Van bommel and three strikers up front looks really good but its too adventurous for allegri to deploy. But i really think Pato has to play . Ibra had not gone inside the box since the roma game. He has basically taken over cassano's duties. and most of the chances are going to midfielders which is not ideal. Need a box striker. I hope allegri gives that formation another thought.

Cool. i will keep that in mind from next time
Quote:
Abate moves really well while attacking . He generally beats the opponent easily and is always ending up free somewhere around the box. This is when shit happens. His passing/crossing is quite bad from there. Either he overhits it or hits it right at the defender. Very frustrating to watch as every other aspect of his game is good right now and you expect a lot more from a fullback when he has lots of time and space to cross.
100% agree with every word in both posts.
Old 21-11-2011, 01:22   #57
nuttela
Super Bludfam

Quote:
i think opposite. he never used to score at palermo and now every game he is havingg a significant effort on target. modric can't replace noce... obviously yeah he is better, but will modrid run the thousands of kilometres noce does. if noce can be converted to a strictly limited defensive position than we will miss his cunning runs forward, that being said... we may never concede a goal again.

we play three mids, one pure defensive, one box to box, and one mainly attacking, yet drops back to help out. noce is our box to box. the thing is tho, Prince would be the ultimate box to box for us, he just plays CAM cos we lack someone that plays there apart from binho.

bringing modric in would require aquilani either to play cam, or sit on the bench... or a change of system overall in which, modric is heavily guarded by two defensive minded players in our squad that can make passes to him.

in terms of goals being scored by the team, noce is starting to become the one i put my trust in for a goal when we are fucking up in front of goal. obviously, the likes of ibra and pato can be clinical as a sniper but when shit is going down, i kinda want someone to look at noce and his runs, cos they are actually really good.

thats him offensively, defensively he is there as well, played left back while antonini was up and didnt retreat. noce is an extremely important player for us and i can't imagine a willing runner like him. Prince was last seasoon, but i hope he keeps playing like he does. my ultimate dream is for him to finally drop down to mid. that would be amazing... but like allegri's subs, probably gonna happen too late for Prince to readapt *even tho that would be a short period*

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 01:46   #58
Dominate
Genius

Fav. Players: RIP Totti

Unless our fullbacks add attacking intent to the formation then we will be playing a very narrow game

Diamond midfield puts ALOT of emphasis on full backs to attack

OFC when you have Cafu and Serginho this is not as issue, but with Abate and Antonini it is

I think we should incorporate some with into our game, but with the players we have now I dont think we can

Unless we see Abate and Taiwo/Antonini working in attack we will be limited going foward

4-2-3-1 IMO is the way to go

But will need new squad players

Last edited by Dominate; 21-11-2011 at 01:54.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 03:02   #59
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttela View Post
i think opposite. he never used to score at palermo and now every game he is havingg a significant effort on target. modric can't replace noce... obviously yeah he is better, but will modrid run the thousands of kilometres noce does. if noce can be converted to a strictly limited defensive position than we will miss his cunning runs forward, that being said... we may never concede a goal again.

we play three mids, one pure defensive, one box to box, and one mainly attacking, yet drops back to help out. noce is our box to box. the thing is tho, Prince would be the ultimate box to box for us, he just plays CAM cos we lack someone that plays there apart from binho.

bringing modric in would require aquilani either to play cam, or sit on the bench... or a change of system overall in which, modric is heavily guarded by two defensive minded players in our squad that can make passes to him.

in terms of goals being scored by the team, noce is starting to become the one i put my trust in for a goal when we are fucking up in front of goal. obviously, the likes of ibra and pato can be clinical as a sniper but when shit is going down, i kinda want someone to look at noce and his runs, cos they are actually really good.

thats him offensively, defensively he is there as well, played left back while antonini was up and didnt retreat. noce is an extremely important player for us and i can't imagine a willing runner like him. Prince was last seasoon, but i hope he keeps playing like he does. my ultimate dream is for him to finally drop down to mid. that would be amazing... but like allegri's subs, probably gonna happen too late for Prince to readapt *even tho that would be a short period*
Don't confuse running with football else flamini would be the greatest player ever. I would rather have a player technically very sound(a younger seedorf) with a better touch and vision than nocerino. Not saying Nocerino is a bad player. He can be a good squad player for sure. But he isnt worthy enough to start. I would rather Ibra and pato take shots than nocerino. They are strikers and have much better accuracy than nocerino/aquilani because they have been getting drilled on shooting their whole life so it could be great to have midfielders who would limit ibra's tendency to drop deep.

Signature
Old 21-11-2011, 03:51   #60
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

young seedorf he was the shit except for a fucked up head when he was tyoung

and i want rui costa + maradonna in winter. its very hard and expensive to get those players i am pretty sure noc is a great player for 500k

Last edited by Ashish; 21-11-2011 at 16:19.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote