The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 28-01-2012, 17:42   #41
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
start, no. but I think against weaker teams I would consider trying him on the bench and giving him the last 15 to 20 minutes of the game to figure out how ready he is. The fact that he was well enough thought of to make his CL debut at 16 says that there is at least enough talent there to make him interesting

sub in the 80th minute against cagliari would do him very goooood
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2012, 20:36   #42
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyirider View Post
sub in the 80th minute against cagliari would do him very goooood
Yeah, I can't say I've seen him play much but his CL debut at such a young age and Chelseas interest are enough for him to appear quite talented. 10 minutes against Cagilari would be great for him and would also give us an idea on how he plays and how good he really is.

Signature
RossoneroTifoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 18:18   #43
stephen tapper
Senior Team Member

At this rate of appearances Cristante is like Paolo Maldini

Signature
In the morning my prayer goes to god
At night it goes to the devil
stephen tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 23:31   #44
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Is this guy even one of our best in the Primavera squad? Debuting at the age of 16 sounds very impressive, but I doubt he would've got to play that CL game if Kingsley B and several others of our prospects weren't missing or ineligible.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 15:00   #45
darkw1zard
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: numero 22

Warming up vs udinese

Signature

i Rossoneri Milan!
darkw1zard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 15:06   #46
Jammin
prostituted by the mods

getting a chinese aquilani vibe with a hint of pato in that image.
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:57   #47
joyrider
Il Moderati

really want this guy to see play at some time this season
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:11   #48
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Is this guy even one of our best in the Primavera squad? Debuting at the age of 16 sounds very impressive, but I doubt he would've got to play that CL game if Kingsley B and several others of our prospects weren't missing or ineligible.
being one of the youngest players on the team and starting most of the games suggests that there is a ton of talent. Calvano is a better midfielder, but he is also older and they play different roles.

other thing to keep in mind is that while Kingsley might be better, we have more quality at striker than in the midfield

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 00:20   #49
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Nice mini match even though he finished in the losing side in the second quarter. Besides De Sciglio, Cristante is the player that seems to have a huge ceiling.
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 22:13   #50
BrasilianMilan
Eternal Rossonero

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Van Basten, Nesta, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Bonaventura

Hope to see Cristante get promoted this season or the next, seems very promising

Signature
BrasilianMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 01:12   #51
Youth
World Cup Winner

I heard he got a good game. Happy to hear it seeing he is still very young (still 17 years old).

I hope to see him playing some games in Serie A. He is not a defensive minded midfielder like most of our midfielders so hopefully he could get chance from Allegri in the coming season.
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 01:19   #52
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

1.86m, I hear he is AMF, why don't we label him as the next Kaka so he cracks under the pressure
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 01:22   #53
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
1.86m, I hear he is AMF, why don't we label him as the next Kaka so he cracks under the pressure
He did play behind two strikers when Allievi won the championship, didn't he?

With Primavera and last friendly mini game he played as left/right CM.

I think, we still need to wait to know what actually his best position.
Old 16-07-2012, 03:02   #54
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

he is a central midfielder. They were comparing him to Aquilani last season

Valotti or Carmona played behind the strikers, Cristante played further back

we should probably keep him around and give him some game-time since we lack creative midfielders

Signature
Old 16-07-2012, 03:07   #55
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
They actually can't

I think I read somewhere that a owner can't own two clubs

Moreover, the point of a B team is that players can mover freely between them - which would be not possible with a completely separate team...
the compromise that I see is Milan buying a team like AC Bellinzona that got relegated from the Swiss Super League last season (so they should be cheap) and they play in the Italian speaking region of the country, so our kids would feel at home.

being able to have more direct control of our youth players while they are on loan there would be very valuable

Signature
Old 16-07-2012, 03:43   #56
Youth
World Cup Winner

We should just wait what position will be given to him should he get chance from Allegri. I expect similar situation with Merkel regarding the position Christante would take, side CM and attacking CM behind two strikers.
Old 16-07-2012, 04:16   #57
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
We should just wait what position will be given to him should he get chance from Allegri. I expect similar situation with Merkel regarding the position Christante would take, side CM and attacking CM behind two strikers.
from training video, this quy is very good technique, very big. I think milan's manegement jugde cristante who has more potential than merkel
belloefamoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 05:34   #58
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by belloefamoso View Post
from training video, this quy is very good technique, very big. I think milan's manegement jugde cristante who has more potential than merkel
Yes, I agree. He is similar like Merkel I think, who posses enough skill for many attributes of football like passing, ball controlling and protecting, dribbling, etc and have no super skill in certain area (both are not players who can dribble as good as Brazilian player for example). Christante is better in holding his position in the game IMO, being more disciplined than Merkel (in most occasions he is only in CM area of attacking, defending or ball possession). Christante's quality of passes, vision are also better than Merkel I think.
Old 16-07-2012, 05:53   #59
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
Yes, I agree. He is similar like Merkel I think, who posses enough skill for many attributes of football like passing, ball controlling and protecting, dribbling, etc and have no super skill in certain area (both are not players who can dribble as good as Brazilian player for example). Christante is better in holding his position in the game IMO, being more disciplined than Merkel (in most occasions he is only in CM area of attacking, defending or ball possession). Christante's quality of passes, vision are also better than Merkel I think.
For goodness sake stop this. Merkel is professional, this lad is not. Wait until he graduates from the youth sector before making such claims. I'm not saying Merkel is better.In fact, I don't know who is better and my point is that you cannot say just from training videos.
ForzaSandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 05:56   #60
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaSandro View Post
For goodness sake stop this. Merkel is professional, this lad is not. Wait until he graduates from the youth sector before making such claims. I'm not saying Merkel is better.In fact, I don't know who is better and my point is that you cannot say just from training videos.
LOL

I don't compare Christante now with Merkel now but both when they were still 'nothing' to Milan (Christante now and Merkel when was introduced to the first team).

How can we compare Primavera players with Serie A ones?

Ok, my mistake that I did not point it out clearly at the beginning of my comparation.