The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 08-03-2012, 17:16   #1
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Pippo, Sheva, v. Bommel, v. Basten, Vieri
Default Roberto Donadoni Thread

Quite simply the greatest-ever winger to have graced the red and black half of Milan.

Since putting his playing days behind him, Roberto has built up quite a coaching résumé.

It's a very varied read with some spells more successful than others, but can still ultimately boast a largely impressive history (considering the tools at his disposal).

So, a good question to ask is: does anyone think that dear Roberto could one day manage il Diavolo?

Hondayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 16:08   #2
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Pippo, Sheva, v. Bommel, v. Basten, Vieri

I hope the Milan game isn't the one that gets Donadoni fired. I believe in him as a coach.
Old 19-03-2012, 10:29   #3
MilanShion
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'

Nop, we smashed him last year and this year. Allegri all the way
MilanShion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 11:59   #4
dhorasoo
data haiku

Fav. Players: pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini

Has 'future-Milan-coach' written all over him.

Signature
dhorasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:09   #5
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorasoo View Post
Possibly...perhaps if he has an unbelievable year next season like he did with Livorno in (2006?) Silvio may be tempted to bring back Roberto...
Old 09-04-2012, 19:57   #6
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

I'm not sold on him as a manager, but I did feel he was unfairly treated when he was Italy coach. Without Cannavaro, Gattuso, and Pirlo they took Spain to PKs. With Cannavaro available for the whole tournament and Pirlo and Gattuso available for that game they would have had an excellent chance to win the tournament, he certainly did a better job than Lippi his second go around

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17   #7
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
I'm not sold on him as a manager, but I did feel he was unfairly treated when he was Italy coach. Without Cannavaro, Gattuso, and Pirlo they took Spain to PKs. With Cannavaro available for the whole tournament and Pirlo and Gattuso available for that game they would have had an excellent chance to win the tournament, he certainly did a better job than Lippi his second go around
I had a feeling that the FIGC wanted to fire him even before the group stages were finished :/

I don't want to make excuses for him, but I do feel that he can be a great coach IF he had the right tools at his disposal.

I'm a big fan of Allegri, but I accept that Allegri has his weak points, like poor tactical variation and lack of confidence in making important in-game decisions. BUT I also accept that he won the Scudetto in his 1st season with Milan partly due to the strength of the squad at his disposal - which any half-decent tactician would repeat.

If Roberto had a similar chance, as well as confidence and backing from the board, I think he could achieve greatness.
Old 15-04-2012, 13:08   #8
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Milan.

Old 15-04-2012, 21:45   #9
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorasoo View Post

true, but still needs to improve
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:36   #10
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyirider View Post
true, but still needs to improve
I'm actually very curious to see what Roberto could do with a TOP team and CONFIDENCE from the board. Something we have yet to see...
Old 30-04-2012, 10:46   #11
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Old 05-05-2012, 13:43   #12
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Interesting stats.

If we look at the Serie A table, only including the games that Donadoni has been in charge of Parma, here's the top 4 as of today:

1. Juventus -----> 41 points
2. Milan ---------> 40 points
3. Napoli---------> 31 points
= Parma --------> 31 points

Wow. Considering what Donadoni has to work with, in comparison to teams like Inter, Roma, Lazio and Udinese, he's working wonders.

FYI, both Napoli and Parma have beaten each other 2-1, and both have a goal difference of +8 at this point with the games as of Jan. 9th 2012 - May 5th. 2012.

For all those interested, Bologna would be 5th, merda would be 8th, and Udinese would be 14th!
Old 28-09-2012, 12:11   #13
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Parma warn Milan over Donadoni
Quote:
Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi has warned Milan that he has no plans to release boss Roberto Donadoni.

The latter, a former Rossonero winger, is being talked about as a possible successor to Massimiliano Allegri at the end of the season.

Ghirardi, however, has told the Gazzetta dello Sport that he intends to tighten his grip on the former Italian national Coach.

“I like Donadoni’s humility and his desire to work,” Ghirardi noted. “I also like his elegance and refinement at all times.

“Milan’s interest in him? I know that we are already in discussions with him regarding a contract renewal.

“We want Donadoni to be a reference point at the centre of our project and I think he wants the same thing.”

Donadoni, born in 1963, was appointed as Parma boss in January 2012 following the dismissal of Franco Colomba. His present deal expires in 2013.
http://football-italia.net/25543/par...-over-donadoni
Dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 00:12   #14
Fiero

He definitely has the 'physique du role' to become Milan's coach.

He kind of reminds me of Ancelotti. Classy, easy going, and prefers to play an entertaining brand of football... technique over muscle... also a very interesting coach, tactically.

He was admirable with Italy even though inexperience cost him, but he did a respectable job, which was further highlighted by Lippi's failure two years later. His class was obvious with Cagliari when he lost the job due to standing up for Suazo... and with Parma they love him already, he resurrected them into a top half team after becoming relegation contenders. The only failure he had is that Napoli stint... they are tough bastards and they needed a 'working class' coach like Mazzari to play dirt football because that's who they are.

I'm all for this move. I'd rather Donadoni than Allegri and I'd be really happy if he becomes our head coach mid-season or starting from next one.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 20:09   #15
Fiero

Another two points I noticed against Fiorentina and now against us as well:

- His subs always make an impact.

- His team has character and despite being dominated and trailing behind, they don't give up and find a way to scrap back.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 20:15   #16
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Both true and both things I really like about him.

Easily my first choice for our budget.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 20:46   #17
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

I thought he managed a good game today

Signature
Old 26-11-2012, 23:30   #18
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

his Parma team beat Inter today and they are in 7th...

he has really done a great job with Parma

Signature
Old 14-01-2013, 18:38   #19
joyrider
Il Moderati

Parma Coach Roberto Donadoni has reiterated comments he made last week, claiming that he would not rule out a move to Milan.

The 49-year-old has been linked with a move to the Rossoneri as a possible replacement for Massimiliano Allegri.

But the current Gialloblu boss has admitted that he would be interested in a place on the San Siro bench, but only after his contract as run out at Ennio Tardini.

“I have only recently signed with Parma until 2015,” he told RTL 102.5. “I want to grow with this side, but I will not hide my ambitions.

“There has been no contact with Milan, but if they called, I would answer.”
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 02:12   #20
AsparagusFC
#hungry

Fav. Players: Chris John, Alan Shearer, Fan Gamma Bizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
his Parma team beat Inter today and they are in 7th...

he has really done a great job with Parma
so that Allegri's cagliari. not to mention that was best inter squad ever.

Replacing Allegri with Donadoni is a Big Joke.
AsparagusFC is offline   Reply With Quote