The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 22-04-2013, 20:42   #21
joyrider
Il Moderati

RIP father Donadoni
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 17:16   #22
ACmen
Banned

Fav. Players: Baggio Maldini Costacurta Inzaghi Sheva Boban Nesta Pirlo Bierhoff TS33 Kaka Pazzo Weah Clarence

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=112991 ??
ACmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:39   #23
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 14:52   #24
Mario
AC Milan Icon

I think hes doing a fantastic job with Parma for the last 2 seasons. Hes turning into quite a good coach.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 00:01   #25
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

12 game unbeaten stretch.

He is doing a great job at Parma

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 17:47   #26
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Default Sunday March 16 2014 Donadoni: 'Parma enjoy their work'

Roberto Donadoni revealed the secret to dealing with Antonio Cassano, Parma’s amazing season and the Milan protest.

Quote:
His Ducali consolidated sixth place and extended their unbeaten run to 16 with today’s 4-2 victory at San Siro.

I want to be honest, it wasn’t our best performance. I have to praise my players, as it was not easy to win at San Siro, especially with our opponents in a curious psychological situation.

Their enthusiasm is remarkable. We went 2-0 up, Milan caught us, but then we scored another two. I like that spirit. Of course there can be errors along the way and things to be improved, but that’s what this job is all about.

Cassano bagged a brace and seems to have finally settled down, so how did Donadoni get the best out of the mercurial forward?

It takes common sense. Of course if everyone thinks they are right and won’t even listen to other options, then they will end up clashing. It just requires a little common sense and an open mind,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

Antonio knows that he has to play that role wherever I place him on the field. If he accepts those conditions, then it goes well. If he doesn’t, then he’s in trouble.”

Ezequiel Schelotto made a rare start and was decisive, earning the opening penalty that saw Christian Abbiati sent off and setting up Amauri’s goal.

Schelotto’s talent was knowing what it means to play with Cassano. Ezequiel made the most of his qualities with some great runs, I lost count how many, and at one point I had to tell him to calm down. Even at the 90th minute he was pressing the goalkeeper and defenders. It’s wonderful to see that attitude.

I told Amauri that his response in training was excellent and that he makes my decisions difficult. I’m happy to have such problems.

Donadoni has been called an ‘unfashionable’ Coach, but his success rate at Parma is beyond dispute.

I am myself, I always try to be myself, then some might like me and others might not. I said in the locker room I’d prefer it for them to go out and speak to the media, as they deserve the attention rather than me.

We are working hard and want to keep going all the way, as we enjoy our jobs.”

Donadoni was a Milan legend, so what did he think of the Curva Sud protest against the team today?

It’s disappointing, but clearly when a side like Milan is in this position in the table, you can expect some protests.

I think in any case Milan came out eager to fight hard and turn around a complicated situation. With 10 men they came back from 2-0 down, so that must mean something.

I believe the fans ought to help the team get back on its feet. I realise that’s not easy, but calm is the only way to go forward.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 23:10   #27
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Congrats Roberto!! What an amazing job hes done at Parma
Old 21-05-2014, 21:00   #28
G.Costanza
AKA Costanza

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Bonaventura, Bonucci, Tim Duncan, Manu, Coach Pop

If Seedorf doesn't stay he should be next in line. Payed his dues, and can be a sucess. After Euro 2008 big clubs didn't trust him, now we should.

Signature

Big Men In Black
G.Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 23:31   #29
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Missed the last train to coach Milan, now hes a strong candidate for Lazio
Shame
Old 14-02-2015, 15:10   #30
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Pippo, Sheva, v. Bommel, v. Basten, Vieri

If you thought Milan were being managed akin to a circus, you don't even want to imagine what's been going on over at Parma. Yikes.

Well...I wouldn't blame Roberto if he decides to call it a day at Parma...and who knows...maybe he could be sitting on the Milan bench next season.
Hondayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 23:28   #31
joyrider
Il Moderati

he was at Milanello today.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 08:34   #32
mALDINI03
Primavera Player

Inzaghi will be a great coach in future, but at the moment he lack tactical knowledge and experience. if he get the sack, I hope he doesn't take it too hard as I hope he will be back again.
mALDINI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 23:11   #33
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Sarri or Donadoni, it's hard to say both are much better coaches than our current one so I wouldn't mind either. I'm not sure if Donadoni has a lot of supporters inside the current AC Milan otherwise instead of looking to hire Seedorf and Inzaghi, we would have already hired Donadoni (good coach, able to grow young players, lots of experience, etc)
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 15:51   #34
Hondayum
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Pippo, Sheva, v. Bommel, v. Basten, Vieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Sarri or Donadoni, it's hard to say both are much better coaches than our current one so I wouldn't mind either. I'm not sure if Donadoni has a lot of supporters inside the current AC Milan otherwise instead of looking to hire Seedorf and Inzaghi, we would have already hired Donadoni (good coach, able to grow young players, lots of experience, etc)
To be fair, at the time of Seedorf's and, later, Inzaghi's arrival, Donadoni was doing great things with Parma, and even earned a spot in the EL (which we all know was later revoked).

There was no reason for Donadoni to leave Parma before things started going south, financially.
Hondayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 16:32   #35
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Loca, Abate, Storari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mALDINI03 View Post
Inzaghi will be a great coach in future, but at the moment he lack tactical knowledge and experience. if he get the sack, I hope he doesn't take it too hard as I hope he will be back again.
Exactly why we shouldn't have hired an inexperiecned coach, to deal with such a shit Milan side.

We've wasted Pippo's opportunity to coach Milan, he may never come back now.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 18:58   #36
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Would be a depressing move. Obviously an upgrade from Bibbo(who isn't?), but it would be the least interesting coach from the ones we're linked with(Conte, Sarri, Montella, Spalletti, etc)
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 19:58   #37
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Would be a depressing move. Obviously an upgrade from Bibbo(who isn't?), but it would be the least interesting coach from the ones we're linked with(Conte, Sarri, Montella, Spalletti, etc)
Are you serious ... Roberto is definitely more interesting than those 2. He has done a very good job at Parma until this season when the players stopped getting paid.

I think he deserves a chance. Especially with squad at our disposal.

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 03:40   #38
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Signature
Australiano1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 16:32   #39
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez
Default A man of honour

Milan consider Donadoni swoop

Pippo Inzaghi?s future remains in doubt as Milan are linked with a move for Parma Coach Roberto Donadoni at the end of the season.

The 51-year-old had a hugely successful playing career with the Diavolo and will almost certainly be available at the end of the season given Parma?s imminent relegation.
Inzaghi has struggled in his first season in charge and his side are languishing in eighth place, seven points off a European spot with eight games left to play.

Tuttomercatoweb have reported that the club?s hierarchy are evaluating a possible move for Donadoni, who guided his bankrupt team to a shock 1-0 win over Juventus at the weekend.

The Coach has received plaudits for refusing to court other job offers despite being unpaid for most of the season, and he guided the Crociati to sixth place in Serie A in 2013/14.

The former Azzurri CT won six Serie A titles and three Champions Leagues during his time playing at San Siro.

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 17:04   #40
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Loca, Abate, Storari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Would love him at Milan.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote