The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 03-08-2012, 22:15   #21
Sven
Super Moderator

4M for this random kid?

And then they count nickels to buy a CB
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 22:25   #22
tonyb
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCookies View Post
Seems like he's more of a creator up front, so 5 goals isn't too shabby. It's like trying to compare Sheva's record to, say, Cassano's. Different type of forward.

That being said, I'm all for him coming here.
Hes tall. Style like Adebayor I think. Good build.
Also to people saying this would be a random buy, can you please identify any 16-17 year olds that play in a top 5 league, as much as this guy. People could tell instantly Destro was going to be big when was 17, but he didnt net. Look at this guy, at least he has. This is def a good deal, I just dont see it happening.

Signature
"You Hate ME!?!?

tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 22:37   #23
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
Hes tall. Style like Adebayor I think. Good build.
Also to people saying this would be a random buy, can you please identify any 16-17 year olds that play in a top 5 league, as much as this guy. People could tell instantly Destro was going to be big when was 17, but he didnt net. Look at this guy, at least he has. This is def a good deal, I just dont see it happening.
This doesn't say much to me.
He can be just another premature too-big for his age player, one that peaked early. Age is overrated.

Still think 4M is expensive, specially if he can't contribute now and will be loaned out.
Old 03-08-2012, 23:19   #24
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
This doesn't say much to me.
He can be just another premature too-big for his age player, one that peaked early. Age is overrated.

Still think 4M is expensive, specially if he can't contribute now and will be loaned out.
he's not that big (183-184cm) and he's been compared to henry-type by blanc and wenger.

obviously a long term buy. I like it if we invest in first team needs as well.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 23:21   #25
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
4M for this random kid?

it's ridiculous.

Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 00:08   #26
LemonCookies
Banned

M'baye is in the same position Pato was when he was 17. Going by the logic of the last few posts, we shouldn't have gotten Pato, then, either.

IMO, we'll get a CB, whomever it is is still unknown, and we may pick up another midfielder. Other than that, I think we'll prolly spend a little into a younger player, as seen with us looking into this guy.

Of course this isn't surprising, as Berlu just got done saying he wants more emphasis on youth...
LemonCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 00:10   #27
Dann
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino

Im all for promising players coming here especially considering arsenal are interested. Hopefully he can be a good one for the future.
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:19   #28
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
4M for this random kid?

not really random if Arsenal, City, and other want him. He has been playing in Ligue 1 since he was 16, and 4 million for him would be less than 1/5 what we paid for Pato at the same age

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:33   #29
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
4M for this random kid?

Totally not roandom Sven, where have you been?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjp...-marseille_fun
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:36   #30
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
not really random if Arsenal, City, and other want him. He has been playing in Ligue 1 since he was 16, and 4 million for him would be less than 1/5 what we paid for Pato at the same age
He is young, French and black... Of course Wenger is interested on him. He must be tracking him since the day he was born.

Anyway I'm not against the deal. Just that this should be very low in the list of priorities. Pato was starting games 6 months after he arrived (and we could really pay his fee at the time).
We've many roles in the squad now to cover.

For ex. Milan gave up the 11-12M CB's to go for the 7-8M. Those 4M are that difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
Totally not roandom Sven, where have you been?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjp...-marseille_fun
So did you watch the guy before? Or at least hared of him before today news?

Last edited by Sven; 04-08-2012 at 01:40.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:38   #31
Dann
AC Milan Legend

dont think its 4mil read somewhere arsenal had 6mil bid turned down caen looking for 8mil
Old 04-08-2012, 01:48   #32
Dann
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patosheva View Post
sky 24,sportitalia,sky sport england,,all confirmed we readched agreemnt with caen for 2+2 mil for this kid and he will be on sunday here for medical.
i saw just 1 game and he was impressive yes he needs 1-2 years but top talent
you sure about that?
Old 04-08-2012, 02:35   #33
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta.

buy him. give him the no. 7. start him alongside pato, in front of el shaarawy. super youth ftw!!!!!!!!!

Signature
Anytime, anywhere, baby boy, I can misbehave
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:04   #34
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

If we aren't gonna spend 5-6m on a player like Aquilani then we shouldn't spend 1 or 2m less on a prospect who hasn't WC talents.

Of the little I've seen, he reminds me of Sturridge. And will probably never become a top quality player, just like Sturridge.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:06   #35
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

What a player is at 17 has often no relation to what he is at 22. So there's no guarantee of his future awesomeness, no matter how wunderkindish he is right now.

Not a Milan type of signing, but then, everything has changed this season... Milan are embarking on a very different youth-oriented transfer strategy. I dunno whether this would be successful or not.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:17   #36
Jammin
Il Signore

Forza the French Revolution!

Signature

Tfat vs jammin
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:54   #37
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
So did you watch the guy before? Or at least hared of him before today news?
Dude, .

I've heard about him from before, he's been linked with EPL clubs more that any other team.

For example another talent is Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco, he made his debut last week in the in ligue 2 for Monaco with a goal.

Last edited by joyrider; 04-08-2012 at 10:17.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:03   #38
Lionheart
Banned

Arsenal have made an offer for him. We should hurry and get him, I'm lovin his swagg.

Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:04   #39
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
If we aren't gonna spend 5-6m on a player like Aquilani then we shouldn't spend 1 or 2m less on a prospect who hasn't WC talents.
Aquilani is average.
For fuck sake stop making him like he is better.
4mil on a prospect make more sense than spending it on a guaranteed injury prone average when fit for 5 games / season.
Not saying I know or approve of Niang.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27   #40
Youth
World Cup Winner

Like Galliani said, Milan can't buy stars, Milan (should) create them.

I don't know who this kid is but we now should look for (great) talents before they started to play on the top level league (first team division) or marked their names in medias. We all know the price of Oscar, Lucas and it is away out of our budget.

Either we get super talent like Pato for much money (I doubt we could now afford such sum of money, at best kind of Shaarwy IMO, maximum around 15 mil euros for U20 players) or make investments for hundred thousand till a couple of mil euros in talented players like we have been doing (Calvano, Hottor, Valoti etc). I read that we haven't given a lot (or enough) investments in youth (at least compared to Barca or Real) although our focus on youth has been getting much better in the last couple of years. What should be concerned is that we should not follow Arsenal's (Wenger's) path, take tons of kids. We should just get important talents and develop them to the level they are expected to.

About this guy, if no member have been following this kid REGULARLY, we should then trust our scouts.
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote