The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



View Poll Results: Would you like to see Huntelaar in MILAN?
Yes, definatly... 214 66.88%
No, I would like to see a different striker in MILAN! 106 33.13%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2006, 02:39   #61
Wild
*Rejuvenation*
 
Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lebanon-Beirut
Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara
i cant believe people would rather have torres than huntelaar ... especially for (an italian club) like AC Milan ... and more importantly especially at a crazy price like 40m for torres ... huntelaar may end up like van basten, he may end up like ibrahimovic ... you dont know ... its all about scouting skills and the way I see it torres would flop bad here while huntelaar would work well at milan ... torres is made for england and spain not italy, huntelaar is made for all 3 big league an mainly italy
I agree about ur overall theory but Huntelaar wont come cheap either.


Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 03:07   #62
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

yeah but definatly not 40m .... maybe 15m
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 03:26   #63
Jer-v
Rookie
 
Jer-v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong KonG
Default

i love him so much =]
and created a xanga blog for him =]

but btw,he had already represented ajax in the CL for 0607....
we dont need him this season but 0708.
Jer-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 06:15   #64
Rybalchenko
Senior Team Member
 
Rybalchenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Fav. Players: Tymoschuk, Oleh Luzhny, Paolo Maldini
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
I agree about ur overall theory but Huntelaar wont come cheap either.
yeah.. Definitely not cheap :\
Rybalchenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 11:39   #65
shrms6
Rookie
 
shrms6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi
Default

i wonder why do most players that go to or after being brought up by the youth system of ajax always end up moving to other more prestigious clubs in the end.. i mean.. if ajax had kept the squad together 4-5 years ago, they might very well win the CL cos they will most probabily have 'gelled' together and might even end up like the great ajax sides of yesteryears..

though ajax won't worry cos they keep on producing new ones.. but really, where do they get these players from..
shrms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 12:00   #66
Italian Tsar
Face
 
Italian Tsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: India
Fav. Players: Maldini, Joe Cole, Owen, Cannavaro, Riquelme, Iniesta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrms6
i wonder why do most players that go to or after being brought up by the youth system of ajax always end up moving to other more prestigious clubs in the end.. i mean.. if ajax had kept the squad together 4-5 years ago, they might very well win the CL cos they will most probabily have 'gelled' together and might even end up like the great ajax sides of yesteryears..

though ajax won't worry cos they keep on producing new ones.. but really, where do they get these players from..
Good question Here's my take.

Ajax were a genuine european power only during the times of Cryuff and Rinus Michels, the legendary coach who invented Total Football. After that, apart from the CL win in '95, they were a fading continental power.

Now they're in a position similar to South American clubs - producing precocious players, having them till they are established and then selling them for a fortune. I think Ajax, like South American clubs, are resigned to the fact that they can never dream of matching the moneypower of the top teams from England, Italy and Spain.

So they've decided to live off them, nurturing talent and selling them for a forune, and using that money to plan for the short-term future, at the end of which they'll have another precocious talent. Its a vicious cycle.

It'll take a truly great coach to reverse this trend - at least temporarily. If they win the CL (the UEFA cup is no good) and make the semis twice or thrice in the next five years, the money generated will go a long way in preserving the talent within the club, and what's more, get quality players to further imrove the side.


Signature

KINGS ALL
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 21:26   #67
Shevy_007
Omo Naija!!!
 
Shevy_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maryland, US
Fav. Players: Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
Default

Please save all the obvious educational enlightenment about him being cup tied, that besides the point. He is a World Class striker, even if not the finished product yet. The thing is that after this season he will be soooooooooo much more expensive. And you guys trying to play him dowm by saying he plays in a lowly league... Ronaldo + Romario, to name a few are great strikers, that have gone through Holland be them South American players. Ibras downfall was+is his "attitude".

KJH is clinical to say the least and has been scoring for country (@ junior and now senior level) and in the CL, the goal scoring stats/ratio is just phenomenal and I don't think such performance has been seen in a long while from a young striker. Don't know of how many players switch clubs mid-season and just keep scoring without switching off. Anyways if you guys don't see it along with Braida & Co. too bad. And this is not about the next van Basten either. I wonder what ever happened to the move of buying a plyer and then loaning him back to his club, when his performance still needed to be evaluated (which I don't think is even relevant to KJH).
Shevy_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 21:33   #68
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

good post ... I dont know why we dont follow that policy, its usually a win win situation if played correctly, I would love to see us sign him and keep him at ajax (a club we have very good relations with) until maybe pippo leaves
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 23:14   #69
Dann
AC Milan Legend
 
Dann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: England
Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevy_007
Please save all the obvious educational enlightenment about him being cup tied, that besides the point. He is a World Class striker, even if not the finished product yet. The thing is that after this season he will be soooooooooo much more expensive. And you guys trying to play him dowm by saying he plays in a lowly league... Ronaldo + Romario, to name a few are great strikers, that have gone through Holland be them South American players. Ibras downfall was+is his "attitude".

KJH is clinical to say the least and has been scoring for country (@ junior and now senior level) and in the CL, the goal scoring stats/ratio is just phenomenal and I don't think such performance has been seen in a long while from a young striker. Don't know of how many players switch clubs mid-season and just keep scoring without switching off. Anyways if you guys don't see it along with Braida & Co. too bad. And this is not about the next van Basten either. I wonder what ever happened to the move of buying a plyer and then loaning him back to his club, when his performance still needed to be evaluated (which I don't think is even relevant to KJH).
thats a fantastic idea buy huntelaar then loan him back to ajax for a year, buy tevez and sobis this year then next year we will have tevez/sobis gila/huntelaar FRIGHTNING!!!!!!
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 00:22   #70
NANMAN30
Primavera Player
 
NANMAN30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann
thats a fantastic idea buy huntelaar then loan him back to ajax for a year, buy tevez and sobis this year then next year we will have tevez/sobis gila/huntelaar FRIGHTNING!!!!!!
Yea frightning...but as the popular cliche goes offense wins games, defence wins championships..case in point Italy winning the WC over more offensively talented teams such as Brazil...I think two big signings on forwards is enough and some cash should be invested in our aging defence.
NANMAN30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 02:43   #71
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

I though the reason we were being very cheap on the market for the past 4 summers was to spend it on reinforcing the squad ... and with shevas money we should be able to build a good squad for another 5-6 years with minor changes each summer like we have in the past
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 13:29   #72
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!
 
acerвιc wιт's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Default

I haven't seen much of Huntelaar play though i've been watching some footage of him in action...he's a rare talent. For his age his composure + class infront of goal is unbeliveable!
He just doesn't score goals he scores them with style. This bloke is a deadset freaK!


Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:23   #73
Rybalchenko
Senior Team Member
 
Rybalchenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Fav. Players: Tymoschuk, Oleh Luzhny, Paolo Maldini
Default

AJAX ARE OUT OF THE CL in a shock 0-2 loss at home

Huntelaar on the Transfer Market???

Last edited by Rybalchenko; 23-08-2006 at 21:31.
Rybalchenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:29   #74
PrAcTiC
National Team Player
 
PrAcTiC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybalchenko
AJAX ARE OUT OF THE CL in a shock 0-2 loss at home (fielded B after winning away leg)

Huntelaar on the Transfer Market???
On transfer market?
I think he can't play for another team on CL this year..
PrAcTiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:31   #75
MaGasTeR
Pride of Yorkshire
 
MaGasTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Iasi, Romania
Fav. Players: Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrAcTiC
On transfer market?
I think he can't play for another team on CL this year..
He can play. A renewed list for the group stages must be sent to the UEFA.


Signature
After all that you really do have to ask yourself if it was all worth it... course it fucking was!
MaGasTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:33   #76
PrAcTiC
National Team Player
 
PrAcTiC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGasTeR
He can play. A renewed list for the group stages must be sent to the UEFA.
Ahh ok thanks
Anyway Milan are not interested on him. For the moment they are interested just for Ronaldo.
PrAcTiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 22:08   #77
prokeneda
Primavera Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Paris, France
Fav. Players: Kaka', Sheva, Pirlo, Torres, Riquelme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGasTeR
He can play. A renewed list for the group stages must be sent to the UEFA.
Wrong, he would be able to play only from the 1/8 leg. He can't play the group stage with another team. But i think getting him would be a smart move coz this guy has amayzing scoring skills.
We can make it through the group stage with our curent team.
prokeneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 22:11   #78
Rybalchenko
Senior Team Member
 
Rybalchenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Fav. Players: Tymoschuk, Oleh Luzhny, Paolo Maldini
Default

Crap. He can't play. Nevermind then....... damn it.
Rybalchenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 01:26   #79
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

i hope to see him as a milan player soon... not neccesarily this summer... but we should buy him in 1-2 years when pippo leaves
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 11:54   #80
prokeneda
Primavera Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Paris, France
Fav. Players: Kaka', Sheva, Pirlo, Torres, Riquelme
Default

He might finaly come!
prokeneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:18.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.