The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Would you like to see Huntelaar in MILAN?
Yes, definatly... 214 66.88%
No, I would like to see a different striker in MILAN! 106 33.13%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-08-2006, 13:42   #81
edika_kaka
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka,Steven Defour

if we cant to sign oliviera..
i hope we cant sign huntelaar..
i want to see him at milan..
edika_kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 14:09   #82
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Tsar
Good question Here's my take.

Ajax were a genuine european power only during the times of Cryuff and Rinus Michels, the legendary coach who invented Total Football. After that, apart from the CL win in '95, they were a fading continental power.

Now they're in a position similar to South American clubs - producing precocious players, having them till they are established and then selling them for a fortune. I think Ajax, like South American clubs, are resigned to the fact that they can never dream of matching the moneypower of the top teams from England, Italy and Spain.

So they've decided to live off them, nurturing talent and selling them for a forune, and using that money to plan for the short-term future, at the end of which they'll have another precocious talent. Its a vicious cycle.

It'll take a truly great coach to reverse this trend - at least temporarily. If they win the CL (the UEFA cup is no good) and make the semis twice or thrice in the next five years, the money generated will go a long way in preserving the talent within the club, and what's more, get quality players to further imrove the side.
Agreed, but I think Ajax has been living off sales to big clubs for much longer than you think. Big clubs have always looked at Ajax when deciding their next stars. This was mainly due to the outstanding youth facilities that helped them create world class players from ordinary ones. The same can not be said of them today as their last class of players were sold to decidedly smaller clubs for much less. I think they have to shake up their youth system if they want to return to the big stage.

I dont see Huntelaar leaving Ajay this season, and maybe even next.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 14:50   #83
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Joe Cole, Owen, Cannavaro, Riquelme, Iniesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Agreed, but I think Ajax has been living off sales to big clubs for much longer than you think. Big clubs have always looked at Ajax when deciding their next stars. This was mainly due to the outstanding youth facilities that helped them create world class players from ordinary ones. The same can not be said of them today as their last class of players were sold to decidedly smaller clubs for much less. I think they have to shake up their youth system if they want to return to the big stage.

I dont see Huntelaar leaving Ajay this season, and maybe even next.
Ajax's Youth System has always had a reputation for producing world class talent, but the problem nowadays is that they don't seem to be able to hold on to their most valuable players. Giants like Chelsea and Real promise them unbelievable riches if they sign for them when they may not be so serious about signing them after all. This unsettles the players and they start to ask for the same terms in their original club, who obviously can't afford it.

While revamping the Youth System is a priority, they first need to get a world class coach. Like Rangers have. Success breeds success. I don't really think its the other way round.

Signature

KINGS ALL
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 19:08   #84
GreatKalu
I still believe!

But Chelsea, Real, etc aren't getting their 'products.' Its clubs like Manchester City that they're now selling their players to. And they were not exactly sold early ... Trabelsi pushing on 30, Pineear over 25 (I think), etc. Right now, I would think PSV is doing better at this money making scheme (Park, Van Bomel, Vogel, etc.) But yeah, a world class coach and a review of the youth squad is a priority. And yes, they are related

PS. Someone like O'neil maybe
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 12:09   #85
kenteba
Rookie

Fav. Players: Marco the great, Gullit, Weah, Maldini, Sebastiano Rossi, Pirlo, Gattuso

For a couple years now Ajax havent had a real star player that came up through the youth system. I beleive the last such player would be the class of 95 the won the champions league; Kluivert, Seedorf, Davids, and so on.

van der Vaart is probably the best one now. Small English clubs are taking them because they are not ready for the big leagues of Italy first and spain as well.

Huntelaar would be good at milan but not quite this moment. Keep your eye on him this season and see how he does with ajax and holland amd think about it in the summer.

As far as i know, since he joined Ajax in January, he has a averaged a goal a game. I beleive he scored around 19 times in 18 apperances for ajax as well as scoring everytime he started.
kenteba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 20:10   #86
tsetsy_the_don
Banned

Fav. Players: van basten,weah,kaka

huntelaar...maybe next year
tsetsy_the_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 20:19   #87
DJ MILANO
1st Class User

Fav. Players: Chivu, Nesta, D.Cisse, Inzaghi , Kaka, Ronaldinho, Robinho

Huntelaar is good,he scored twice in Uefa Cup.
But i dont think he is gonna end up in Milan.
For now Ronaldinho is our next target as a striker.
DJ MILANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 23:56   #88
acgaetano
National Team Player

Fav. Players: italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna

at first i didnt rate this guy but i seen him play for holland a couple of weeks ago and he was on fire scored a couple and set one up with a back heel pass
acgaetano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 00:58   #89
Cassius
King Kaka

Fav. Players: Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgaetano
at first i didnt rate this guy but i seen him play for holland a couple of weeks ago and he was on fire scored a couple and set one up with a back heel pass
Well i just finished watching a Football program on TV and they happaned to mension this guy ... apperantly he started this season on a high ... He manged ot net 6 goals in 6 games... And they also said Milan are after him same as .. INTER..

He looks promising... !!
Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 15:51   #90
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

Young, good...sign him !

Signature

Moratti...tutto ci che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 22:48   #91
thismisery
soul of the world

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
Default Duel for Huntelaar?

Quote:
Milan and Internazionale face a derby duel to gain the signature of Ajax and Netherlands striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar. Reports in the Italian media suggest that the pair will battle it out for the 23-year-old in a winter transfer battle worth around €12 million (8 million). Huntelaar has scored 20 goals in 22 games during a relatively brief Ajax career, having fired 34 in 46 for Heerenveen. He was leading scorer for the victorious Dutch side at last summer's European Under-21 championships, and was considered unlucky not to go to the World Cup. Both Milan giants have had problems up front this season. Milan have hit the net just ten times in as many games in Serie A and UEFA Champions League this season, with Alberto Gilardino in particular struggling for goals. Despite boasting an attacking lineup including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Hernan Crespo and Adriano, Inter are short after the latter player was sent home to Brazil on leave, and he is widely tipped to leave the club in January.
source: eurosport.com
(LOL at least not **************)

has anyone been watching matches with huntelaar?
his statistics look good!
thismisery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 22:59   #92
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kak, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

LOL thank goodness for that!

This bloke is sensational. I'm a huge fan.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 23:18   #93
Mystik
National Team Player

Good prospect.. but not exactly the type of player we're looking for at the moment. We should keep an eye on him though..as Pippo will probably be retiring soon.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 23:26   #94
tassard
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Del Piero,Zamorano,Cannavaro,Nesta

Pippo retiring soon??And where is the problem?Gila is here :P
tassard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 23:52   #95
chechen_milan
Perettisimus Vulgaris

i say buy anyone, Milevsky - huntelaar - Villa.

our strikes don't do much this days - pitty.

so i'd say - buy anyone
chechen_milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 00:03   #96
gahanthegod
violator

Fav. Players: Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.

He won't play in CL if he comes..

Signature

"...a legendary deep pop group from somewhere in the future off the edge of saturn, a group whose songs coat the imagination with dread and danger and desperation, with nearness and absence, a group whose songs fire the imagination with hope against hope and the exact opposite."
gahanthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 00:23   #97
thismisery
soul of the world

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snn
He won't play in CL if he comes..
why?
thismisery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 00:46   #98
Mystik
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassard
Pippo retiring soon??And where is the problem?Gila is here :P
And who'll rotate with Gila. Borriello?
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 00:49   #99
yousufshakeel65
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Gattuso, Nesta, Buffon, Maldini, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Tevez, Totti, Zambrotta, Kaka,

i hope he aint a 'inside the box striker' like pippo/gila

i hope he moves around the box too, like sheva
yousufshakeel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 06:31   #100
rossoneroid
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartRicky
why?
Once had played with Ajax in the Champions League qualifying match. There is a rule from UEFA that if a player had played with a team in a champions league and move to another team who also played in the same tournament (champions league) then he cannot play in the CL games.
rossoneroid is offline   Reply With Quote