The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 15-02-2005, 05:28   #81
MilanMania
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini

Sometimes what Galliani said makes sense

Galliani: No Pirlo, No Milan

Monday 14 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan Vice-president Adriano Galliani has described Andrea Pirlo as "irreplaceable" in the Rossoneri line-up.

The Italian missed last night’s 1-0 win at Reggina with injury and his absence was severely felt.

"We’ve not been able to find anybody on the transfer market as an alternative," Galliani stated. "Ariedo Braida and myself haven’t spotted anyone like Pirlo."

The loss of Pirlo is a major problem for the champions and Galliani has urged boss Carlo Ancelotti to recognise that fact.

"He is a player who can’t be replaced, therefore perhaps we should start thinking about playing in a different way," explained the San Siro chief.

"I’m not saying that Pirlo is the best player at this club, only that he has certain characteristics that can’t be substituted by somebody else.

"The four man defence is a characteristic of ours but perhaps there could be some changes made to the midfield.

"I’m not questioning Ancelotti who is a great Coach. I just want to point out that without Pirlo, we haven’t played in the Milan way at either Livorno or Reggina."

Pirlo, who picked up a knee injury in Italy’s 2-0 win over Russia, should be back for the Champions’ League clash at Manchester United next week.
MilanMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 05:42   #82
Cescania
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dman
I think that's the way Ancelotti formed all his vision and tactics: all centering Pirlo. That's sad actually, cause what happens if Pirlo gets a long injury(like 2-4 months)? What then? Something's gotta change and quick. I'm not saying to change the manager, but I hope actually (cause that's alll I can do) that he'll try something differrent, maybe without Pirlo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMania
Sometimes what Galliani said makes sense

"I’m not questioning Ancelotti who is a great Coach. I just want to point out that without Pirlo, we haven’t played in the Milan way at either Livorno or Reggina."
Agree very much. Milan should develop a new style of playing without Pirlo. He can't play every match in the league, CL, Coppa Italia...... We have so many games. If Milan can play differently, our opponents may find it difficult to play aginst us. And Pirlo can take some rests. And Milan will not suffer in the games without him.

As I mentioned in Reggina's game topic, I saw Nakamura, midfield of Reggina, played very similar to Pirlo. Anyone notice him also? The main differences are he plays mainly on left side and uses left foot, and have good footwork which Pirlo is lacking. He made many good passes in that game. As I know, he almost kick all free kicks although he doesn't play all the time.

Signature
FORZA FORZA FORZA

A boy born to be a legend
Cescania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 12:10   #83
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cescania
As I mentioned in Reggina's game topic, I saw Nakamura, midfield of Reggina, played very similar to Pirlo.
Yeah, I've seen him deliver good long passes, but I'm not certain he's as inteligent as Pirlo, as to change the wingof play. Pirlo has the great ability to anticipate the way Milan players are abundent in a certain area of the pitch and change the game to that side. He also anticipates very well the LB and RB(especially Cafu) as they alternate (what I mean is that when LB is up RB is in defence and vice-versa). He also has the great ability to anticipate the way the attackers move and to deliver good crosses(or long passes) to them. Ah, and he improvises a lot, and that's good for a Milan team in which all other players are very predictable. Nakamura can be good as a substitute for Pirlo and I think he'll be getting Milan new fans in Asia and implicitly a lot of money.

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciò che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 14:55   #84
David
Administrator

There's a replacement for Pirlo in our team though. It's called 4-5-1 with Kaka and Rui Costa behind Shevchenko. Carletto's keeping him on the bench though.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 21:11   #85
Pranjic
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
There's a replacement for Pirlo in our team though. It's called 4-5-1 with Kaka and Rui Costa behind Shevchenko. Carletto's keeping him on the bench though.
Very well put if you don't have a player that can play in Pirlo's position change the system a bit if Pirlo is not available or at least give a chance to someone else(Vikash)and stop playing Ambrosini in that position he has showed in two games this season that he can't fill Pirlo's shoes, everyone is aware of that.On the other hand you have the 4-5-1 which has worked great for us in the past so why not use it
Pranjic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 10:49   #86
tmilan
Marius

Fav. Players: Chiricheș

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
PRESS - TASSOTTI: 'Here is no substitute for Pirlo'
2/17/2005
MILAN -La Gazzetta dello Sport spoke to Mauro Tassotti: 'Galliani spoke to me at Reggio Calabria, we knew he was unhappy but Carlo and myself weren't either. We know that if we want to win something we have to improve are game. There isn't a substitute for Pirlo at Milan. Redondo was the obvious one, he was better than Andrea in short passing but less so with long balls. It's something we have to adjust.'
tmilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 03:02   #87
MilanMania
Senior Team Member

Default Pirlo is bacl =)

Milan welcome back Pirlo
Friday 18 February, 2005
Andrea Pirlo is back in the squad for Saturday’s clash with Cagliari and Carlo Ancelotti hints at a starting spot for the midfielder.

“Pirlo has trained intensely over the last few days, so he is able to start,” said the Coach. “Unfortunately, we can’t rest him as often as I’d like because there is no understudy for his role. Massimo Ambrosini does very well, but in a different way.”

Pirlo was expected to be sidelined for another week after damaging a knee ligament during Italy’s 2-0 international friendly win over Russia. His absence in the lucky 1-0 victory at Reggina last weekend was sorely felt and prompted vice-President Adriano Galliani to criticise their tactics.

“I accepted his comments as normal advice and I wasn’t happy with our performance either, but I preferred to dwell on the positives. The three points are in the bag and we played simple football.”

Now the pressure is on Ancelotti’s men to deliver over the next week, as Milan will face Cagliari, Manchester United and arch rivals Inter.

Above all, there are six players on yellow cards and who therefore risk missing the Derby di Milano – Kakha Kaladze, Gennaro Gattuso, Marcos Cafu, Ambrosini, Alessandro Nesta and Kaka.

“We cannot rotate the squad now to anticipate two big games,” warned the tactician. “As the season goes on, I’ll see if there are some players who are a little tired. We’ll struggle for 90 minutes against Cagliari, but it certainly won’t affect the Manchester match. Milan have the psychological and physical stamina to go all the way in every competition.”

The Rossoneri are still just two points adrift of Juventus – who themselves face a tricky trip to Messina – and we could see another shock in store.

“Every game is important now and neither side can afford to slip up any more. We mustn’t make the mistake of thinking about Manchester United or Inter now, as Cagliari are a strange side that play very attacking football, but can’t seem to get what they deserve away from home. The pacey strikers will leave more room for us to manoeuvre, so it’ll be an entertaining encounter.”
Old 19-02-2005, 08:56   #88
NICKY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilan
PRESS - TASSOTTI: 'Here is no substitute for Pirlo'
2/17/2005
MILAN -La Gazzetta dello Sport spoke to Mauro Tassotti: 'Galliani spoke to me at Reggio Calabria, we knew he was unhappy but Carlo and myself weren't either. We know that if we want to win something we have to improve are game. There isn't a substitute for Pirlo at Milan. Redondo was the obvious one, he was better than Andrea in short passing but less so with long balls. It's something we have to adjust.'
I'm getting a little angry when I read something like that : "no substitute for Pirlo". Rui Costa did a great job last summer when Pirlo was on the Olympics. Why couldn't Rui replace Pirlo last match instead of Ambrosini ?
NICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 13:03   #89
GeronimoFinch
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso

I don't think that's it's a situation that there is no subsitute for Pirlo, but it seems that there is subsitute for a diamond shaped midfield when he is out. Instead of playing Ambrosini in the Pirlo position why not scrap the Pirlo position (when he's injured), bring in Dhorasoo, adopt a regular attack minded four-man midfield and let the defenders worry about the defending?
GeronimoFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 10:29   #90
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

How did Pirlo play in the game with ManU? Somebody that saw the game...pls...

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciò che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 20:54   #91
GeronimoFinch
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso

Pirlo played quite well. Spraying the ball around the pitch - short and long passes. His close control was quite magnificent, fooling a couple of United players. The midfield was certainly dominated by Pirlo, Seedorf and Gattuso, who both got the highest marks amongst the Italian papers the following day. I can't remember hearing Keane's name mentioned.
GeronimoFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 10:58   #92
MilanMania
Senior Team Member

Default Buon Compleanno, Andrea!

Happy 26th birthday to Andrea Pirlo! I hope he will continue to do great things for Milan!

I hope the CL trophy will be his late present & our present!!
Old 19-05-2005, 11:19   #93
Fanta Ele
Stupid shiny Volvo owner

BUON COMPLEANNO TRILLI!!!!!
Fanta Ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 12:04   #94
milan_rockz
=7uckyst4r=

Fav. Players: *kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*

happy birthday!!! wiz u aLL da bez and gut luck on the upcoming matches...
milan_rockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 12:53   #95
ARNOLD RIMMER
Second Technician

Fav. Players: Pippo, DeSciglio

Happy Birthday Andrea

Signature

ARNOLD RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 13:58   #96
sheva_07
National Team Player

Fav. Players: sheva, kaka, maldini, reyes, fabregas,zidane, ronaldhino, henry, Lehman, Eboue, Hleb,

Happy Birthday Andrea! Have a good one! AND ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!
sheva_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 14:43   #97
Hassan
Winning II

Fav. Players: Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!

Happy Birthday Pirlo.
Hassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 18:39   #98
Don Dada
National Team Player

happy bday pirlo...Hope it inspires to do great things for us on wednesday.

Don Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 18:55   #99
MIRZA
Silver Town Boys

Fav. Players: Salihovic, Pirlo, Bonera, Grlic, Kaladze and Sheva

Happy birthday to one of my favourite player.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIRLO!!!!
Btw my friends call me Pirlo
MIRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 19:27   #100
Il Re dell' Est
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Sheva, Rui Costa

happy bday
win the coppa for us !!!

Forza Milan !
Non Ti Lasceremo Mai !!!
Il Re dell' Est is offline   Reply With Quote