The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?
We haven't done much, but the management know what they're doing. I trust them. 80 34.93%
Very disappointing. I thought we'd be much more swifter. 123 53.71%
Other 26 11.35%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2007, 11:24   #21
Naraku
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanissimo
Barcelona signed:
Abidal probably the best LB in the world
Henry one of the best strikers in the world
Toure great talent
Chivu or Milito they are best defenders in market for the moment

Manchester signed
Nani
Anderson
Tevez
Hargreaves

Milan signed
Ibrahim Ba

Barcelona have needed to make these changes....they've gone from been dual Liga champions and UCL champs to winning nothing, they absolutely blew it this year ( La Liga) .It doesn't seem like they are getting either Chivu nor Milito.They also signed Thuram,Zambrotta and Gudjohnsson last year as big signings and where did it get them? No trophies.

Man Utd....Well Tevez's move to Old Trafford could be blocked...Even if he goes to Man Utd. it doesn't mean he will succeed there.Nani and Anderson have proved NOTHING yet on a big stage, Hargreaves is a good signing for them however.

The transfer market is still open for 6 weeks maybe more.We don't need to make major acquisitions we just need a genuine LB and Drogba.Next season could be the one were we "overhaul" our squad somewhat, but we'll see.

As for Ba, surely at best he will play Coppa Italia or end up this seasons Harvey Esajas.
That said I'm surprised that we didn't sign Teddy Sheringham as he fits our "transfer policy" ie 42 and was a free agent.
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:06   #22
rosso_neri
Banned

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Kaka, Ambrosini, Maldini, Nesta, Cassano, Crespo, Montolivo, De Rossi, Batistuta

Quote:
Manchester signed
Nani
Anderson
Tevez
Hargreaves
all this means is that next time we play them, we will only win 2-0, not 3-0
rosso_neri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:50   #23
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosso_neri
all this means is that next time we play them, we will only win 2-0, not 3-0
rosso_neri i hope you are right
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:59   #24
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiume_1987
Well, too bad mate - but that's exaxtly what we are doing. Let me just refresh your memory with two players who IMO would be great for Milan but joined other clubs with no interest shown from Milanello: Barusso (joined Roma) & Muntari (Portsmouth). Now I'm hearing that Fiorentina is after Sneijder... Is Milan showing any interest?
Battle for Chivu and G. Milito is the talk point in Europe today. I'm starting to wonder have mr. Galliani and co. even heard about those great defenders... I'm sure they'll eventually think of someone (like Oliveira last year)...
Too many egos to stroke, with Maldini the biggest of them all... Milan are AMUSINGLY predictable, I just follow silly season + Galliani's blatherings for fun + giggles, + like Milan themselves, hope for luck + a little help here + there for them to successfully maintain appearances of a 'prestigious club'

Someone mentioned the necessity of competition, well, according to Ancelotti/Galliani/Berlusconi competition would be detrimental to the perfect harmony in our dressing room - no shit

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪

Last edited by Passion for *9*; 06-07-2007 at 15:20.
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 15:08   #25
milan_fan
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: kaka, pirlo, gilardino, pippo, dida, sheva

well, I can see that in our starting 11(4-5-1 as in out CL campaign), we have the likes of Paolo, who TBH cannot be expected to shine or play decently or play at all in all the 55-60 games this season. That is a perfect replacement position.

Plus Seedorf hits low form every now and then, to be fair to him. He needs, desperately, for Milan, to show any consistency, to be rested every now and then as and when he seems saturated, IF that is what keeps him to perform below avg more than sometimes. The only replacement for our flair players is Gourcuff. 4 players 3 positions. This means 1 injury or Seedorf/Pirlo low form could take it away from us being CL bangers to hardly scraping only home games. As far as a Striker is needed, I can't see why the hell we need an extra player at all, let alone world class, unless Gilardino is secretly moving away right now. Buy Pozzi (i mean bring him back in accordance with his status), will make up surely the loss of nogOli, is he ever moves away.

So in all honesty, our "transfer campaign" seems to be highly misleading and inconsistent to team needs. eg. Strikers we need 4 for 2 positions(1 at times). Midfielders and Defenders, we need just the starting position to be "class". I cannot see us doing any better than last season unless we are really lucky.

Signature

----------- milan beats right here -----------
milan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 18:26   #26
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

I haven't read everything so excuse me if I say something that is already said

I don't think we should already worry for our tranfers, transfers can take some time and the players still have to want to come.

The problem is with Milan that Berlusconi and Galliani hunt dreams, instead of listening to what Ancelotti wants.
Oddo and Ronaldo are a good example, Berlusconi wanted Ronaldo, Ancelotti wanted Oddo.
Who was the prior tranfer ? Ronaldo.
But putting this aside, football isn't about stars.

Chelsea got a lot of starplayers : Drogba, Shevchenko, Lampard, Terry, Ballack.

Have Chelsea won the Champions League ?
They simply can't play together on high level, football is playing in a team.
A good team, with a few stars( Kaką, ???) means succes.
The teams goes for these players and they shine because the game is maid like they want it.

Considering this all, why does Milan has to buy a top-player ?
In the attack we recover Ronaldo, a (top)striker.

Look at the points we got from the games that Ronaldo played with us, you will see that Berlusconi and Galliani are right when they say that it isn't necessary to get another topstriker for the Champions League or the Serie A.

One thing that could matter , what if Ronaldo get's injured?

But I don't think we should worry about our tranfers, look at our cups, at our victory's.
We have always done it like this and we have alwasy won
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:14   #27
superpirlo
Rookie

Default you ryt

you know i still agree with you however much i like ac milan but still this is shit man i dont beleive the way we were signing players like ronaldo and oddo but this season were getting only ibrahim ba this suks and i hope berlusconi gallani and ancelloti du some thing
superpirlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:19   #28
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpirlo
you know i still agree with you however much i like ac milan but still this is shit man i dont beleive the way we were signing players like ronaldo and oddo but this season were getting only ibrahim ba this suks and i hope berlusconi gallani and ancelloti du some thing

the market is still open, as long as we have time you habe to be patient
Old 07-07-2007, 12:58   #29
kakarulez
National Team Player

Quote:

Manchester signed
Nani
Anderson
Tevez
Hargreaves

To be honest... i think man u have wasted money on the wrong players this summer. They already have carrick, who is a decent player, and yet they bought hargreaves. There is no way that Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson, Tevez and Nani are going to be able to play together. Ferguson should have picked up Toni before bayern got there, or perhaps could have tried for Adriano. despite their signings, i have a feeling that united are going to end up trophy-less next season.

About our transfer policy... There is still A LOT OF TIME left in this market for us to make signings. If we splash money now on some player and he doesn't play well, everyone will be saying how we wasted money( example Oli). But if we take our time and get a good deal( example ronaldo or kaka, who we watched for 2-3 seasons before signing) we complain that we should have signed them earlier. The fact is that we have consistantly been doing well over the seasons and that shows there is absolutely nothing wrong about our transfer policy.
kakarulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 13:39   #30
rosso_neri
Banned

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Kaka, Ambrosini, Maldini, Nesta, Cassano, Crespo, Montolivo, De Rossi, Batistuta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarulez
About our transfer policy... There is still A LOT OF TIME left in this market for us to make signings. If we splash money now on some player and he doesn't play well, everyone will be saying how we wasted money( example Oli). But if we take our time and get a good deal( example ronaldo or kaka, who we watched for 2-3 seasons before signing) we complain that we should have signed them earlier. The fact is that we have consistantly been doing well over the seasons and that shows there is absolutely nothing wrong about our transfer policy.
right on
rosso_neri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 13:48   #31
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

Quote:
To be honest... i think man u have wasted money on the wrong players this summer. They already have carrick, who is a decent player, and yet they bought hargreaves. There is no way that Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson, Tevez and Nani are going to be able to play together. Ferguson should have picked up Toni before bayern got there, or perhaps could have tried for Adriano. despite their signings, i have a feeling that united are going to end up trophy-less next season.
Ok just wanted to point a couple thing to you here:

Carrick and Hargreaves are too completely different players. Carrick is a passer who dictates the play. Hargreaves is hard-tackling defensive midfielder. The possible replacement for Keane they had been searching for.

Scholes and Giggs are going to be 33 and 34 respectively at the end of this year I believe. Anderson and Nani are future replacements for them. And Fergi doesn't seem to be going the route of a point man anymore so hence Tevez as apposed to another option. And the same way Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Saha, Giggs can play together, with a little time the same can be said for Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson, Tevez, Nani.

Concerning us, our transfer policy has changed slightly since last year. Normally we wouldn't buy a 20 yeard old, a 25 year old and a 26 year old. I also think we're looking towards getting a young defender so it might not be the same patch work we're normally used to.

Signature

Stubborn silly people annoy me...

Last edited by Pirlo Fan; 07-07-2007 at 14:14.
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 15:11   #32
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaką_&_Gourcuff
the market is still open, as long as we have time you habe to be patient
Duh, we still have 2 weeks before our training starts. And almost 2 months before our first game.

That's a lifetime

Signature
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 18:20   #33
KAKA#22
Rookie

Fav. Players: savicevic, leonardo, boban, gourcuff, kaka, maldini

Quote:

I`m not saying lets go out and spend big money on stars but the fact is we struggled big time in the league last year not because of the points deduction but due to our lacklustre summer transfer campaign. I mean last year we were runners up to juve in the league and were put out of europe by a better barca team, we could see then that we needed some improvement and we also knew that we would be losing stam, rui costa, sheva and we did not replace these quality players with the same quality thus when we got injuries this year we had no decent back ups to come into the team to sustain our challenge for the title. Also the lack of talent has caused our usual good football to slide, i mean i can count on one hand the games we played good football this year. When our league position was sliding last year thats when galliani knew that if we did not buy some players in january we could`ve been facing the possibility of a trophyless season and maybe no champions league next year. After we signed ronaldo and oddo our play got better and the team improved their game so what would have happened if we signed these players in the summer we would have had a better chance in the league but we didn`t and ended up paying over the odds for a striker who was not milan quality let alone a replacement for sheva who we are now trying to sell for 7.5 million less than half what we paid for him a year ago. Right now we start pre season training in around two weeks and we have no new players to gel with the rest of the squad and to get fit for the new campaign and all players that we could have tabled bids for have moved to new clubs, i mean good players like barzagli, grosso, tevez, cassano, zambrotta, alves etc all are looking to move and we show no interest in signing any of them but we keep reading that we want sheva back i mean is that not crazy, we are neglecting areas of the pitch we need to fill but we are talking about bringing a player back who asked to leave us a year ago, we are showing no ambition on moving forward and bringing in much needed competition to the players we have already. Hopefully we will sign a few players but i think all we`ll sign is a striker to replace oliviera but the big answer is who cos all the recognized good finishers have all moved on to other clubs or we are doing nothing to sign them.
KAKA#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 21:46   #34
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by teis
Duh, we still have 2 weeks before our training starts. And almost 2 months before our first game.

That's a lifetime

Good deals take time
Old 07-07-2007, 23:00   #35
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaką_&_Gourcuff
Good deals take time
Like Oli and Gila?

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:01   #36
Gatorbasu
World Cup Winner

It's kinda funny, inspite of playing in 4 semis in last 5 years CL and winning a couple, we are still calling our management "SHIT".

If they are shit, then what will make other club's management team??

"SUPER SHIT", I guess, for lack of any other word.

Anyway, for me we want a brilliant striker, either ETO or SHEVA. (No ADRIANO and no CASSANO, please), and ZAMBROTTA.

A bonus will be some real good Central back.

Probably JUAN would have a good one too but he has already signed with ROMA from BAYERN M., I think!!

Signature
!!Milan wins it all !!

Forza MILANO
Gatorbasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:22   #37
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbasu
It's kinda funny, inspite of playing in 4 semis in last 5 years CL and winning a couple, we are still calling our management "SHIT".

If they are shit, then what will make other club's management team??

"SUPER SHIT", I guess, for lack of any other word.
Shhhhh don'y say that a lot of people will tell you it was all luck
All I hear around here is Seedorf is slow,Pirlo is bad,Gattuso can't dribble,Oddo sucks,Maldini is old,Ronaldo fat,Gila sucks,Pippo sucks,Kaladze slow,coach sucks,management sucks and we still have played 3 finals in the past 5 years and won 2...
If we have underachived with this then we don't even need to discuss the other teams managements....

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:45   #38
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsmania.com
In the last couple of years, I've requested two things within the ivory towers at Milan. One, that Galliani has a CAT scan. Two, that auditors run a fine-toothed comb through the books to find out just exactly where the money is going.

We dithered and haggled all simmer long over the £4million that it took to bring Kaka to the club. Carlo, according to informed rumour, is more than sold by Pato, yet the fee of around £8million has the hierarchy incredulous. We're talking about £8million - the kind of petty change that most clubs carry in their pocket.

This, coupled with the headless chicken approach to signing players (is there a devised strategy or is said strategy to merely embarrass ourselves year upon year in the media by verbally pursuing every champion with a pulse and ultimately signing a damp squib?) really makes me wonder whether the walls inside of said ivory tower are in fact padded.
I couldn't agree more.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:58   #39
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
Like Oli and Gila?
Yes like Gilardino

Kaką toke a time do you complain now ?

Do we have a good squad now ?
Yes

How did that squad came there ?

Thanks to our managment.
These people know what they do, a lot better then us.
Old 08-07-2007, 18:45   #40
Tarantulla
Rookie

Fav. Players: Zorro

For sure we will get somebody this year. There's nothing to hurry up. Probably Milan will bring back Sheva will sign Milito and will made any precontract with Pato. Maybe Barsa made few transfers to admire but We are not behind them at all if we made these transfers.
Tarantulla is offline   Reply With Quote