The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Should Galliani stay or go?
Stay 55 22.27%
Go 192 77.73%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2008, 00:21   #81
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanissimo
So Galliani is gonna be again Milan president
No, Ibrahim Ba is.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 21:16   #82
grounder
Incomplete & out of time

Fav. Players: Like you care?

Well this is a little f*cked up in my opinion:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=582302

Galliani is so high on the stuff he smokes, he's already planning a Pa-Pa-formation up front. WTF! They already did a number on Pato by declaring his greatness every other day, and now they're beginning the same "attack" on Paloschi.

"People accuse AC Milan of being old but four of the last five goals have been by an 18-year-old."

Fuck this to be honest, I'm getting so sick of G with all these comments on how the team is really young and we're strong as ever.

“With these two guys [Paloschi and Pato] we become the youngest team, we have an evergreen line-up."

And fuck this too. Fuck G. Fuck B. Fuck 'em.

Pardon my french, if you please
grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 21:37   #83
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

Same thing I thought I assume that he is keeping his calculator ever handy so that when someone says what about our prehistoric backline he'll calculate the average of them and our kids
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 21:47   #84
atreides602
Cuore Rossonero

Fav. Players: gullit, maldini , pato, baressi

could Maldini be persuated to get the job from baldye after retirment ?
atreides602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 22:17   #85
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by grounder
Well this is a little f*cked up in my opinion:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=582302

Galliani is so high on the stuff he smokes, he's already planning a Pa-Pa-formation up front. WTF! They already did a number on Pato by declaring his greatness every other day, and now they're beginning the same "attack" on Paloschi.

"People accuse AC Milan of being old but four of the last five goals have been by an 18-year-old."

Fuck this to be honest, I'm getting so sick of G with all these comments on how the team is really young and we're strong as ever.

“With these two guys [Paloschi and Pato] we become the youngest team, we have an evergreen line-up."

And fuck this too. Fuck G. Fuck B. Fuck 'em.

Pardon my french, if you please
Only our backline is really really old. Midfield+attack could use a bit more freshening up but its not the source of our old age. So if he's praising us having two 18 year olds in attack there is nothing wrong with that.

Signature

Stubborn silly people annoy me...
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30   #86
grounder
Incomplete & out of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirlo Fan
Only our backline is really really old. Midfield+attack could use a bit more freshening up but its not the source of our old age. So if he's praising us having two 18 year olds in attack there is nothing wrong with that.
That is true, but please remember our frontline as well with those two over-30-year olds

And there's nothing wrong with praising a young attack, but the way he does it makes it sound a) like Paloschi is going to be in the first squad on numerous occasions and b) like our attacking problems are gone. Maybe it's just me but nearly always when Galliani comments on something he makes it sound like Milan have no problems.

And a little edit here:

Apparently Paloschi is indeed going to play again tomorrow, though some reports that I read implied that he's not going to play again for a while. Good for him I say, we can only hope his streak will continue.
Old 12-02-2008, 16:59   #87
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

why blame Berlusconi & Galliani?

Maldini refused to retire... the other oldies saw how he can always get a good retirement deal & just followed numero 3's example...

Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C'č solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 22:15   #88
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: >>rossoneri<<

Galliani stands by Ronnie Thursday 14 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldo has undergone surgery on his damaged knee in Paris and Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has pledged to support the injured star.

El Fenomeno suffered a sickening injury at San Siro last night when he landed awkwardly and severed a tendon in his knee.

While there are fears that the 31-year-old’s career is over, he has been operated on by the same doctor that repaired his other knee in 2000 and there is hope he could return to action within a year.

“I spoke to Ronaldo just before he left for Paris and gave him all our best wishes and reminded him that Milan will be right behind him,” Galliani revealed.

“I think that cheered him up as he seemed a lot less down today.”

Ronaldo’s contract expires in the summer, but the Selecao star had hoped to earn a new one this term. That won’t happen now, but it seems unlikely that the Diavolo will abandon him.

“When you are talking about medical issues I can’t give any predictions and I don’t know how long a recovery will take, but we will be there for him,” Galliani insisted.

“There is great affection from President Silvio Berlusconi and myself towards Ronnie. It was a tragic thing to happen, but now we need to deal with it in the best way possible.

We don’t want such a sad image to be the last we see of Ronaldo on a football pitch. The hope is that he will wear the Milan shirt again as he is perhaps the best player Brazil has produced after Pelč.”

channel4.com

our managment hasn`t been doing well in the transfer market,but when i see something like this i`m really proud of them + the whole team + myself for being a fan of such a great club ( )..

maybe it`s just because i`m a fan,but in my opinion there really is something special about this club which sets us apart from all the others..
Armin__m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 04:17   #89
vioser
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pirlo,Nesta

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/feb14j.html
at least B&G tried
vioser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 05:00   #90
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

I love Berlu and Galliani!

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 05:10   #91
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vioser
What does that have to do with the topic of the thread? They aren't even mentioned in the article.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 12:55   #92
grounder
Incomplete & out of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
What does that have to do with the topic of the thread? They aren't even mentioned in the article.
But the "fact" that Milan didn't make a bid for Torres is a little related to G&B. At least it sounds logical. And somehow the "no bid"-thing sounds logical too, for two reasons:

a)B&G
b)There would have been too much competition for the spot of the striker. Or so people must have thought, before this blast of injuries occurred. And people realized that Gila's not working(goalwise I mean, I'm sure he works his ass off)
Old 17-02-2008, 04:39   #93
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Union of wealthy clubs disbands

G-14 union stood up against international federations

DIEGEM, Belgium (AP) -- The world's wealthiest soccer clubs disbanded their G-14 group on Friday, confident they no longer needed it to stand up to the sport's international federations.

The decision came after the G-14's main issue with FIFA and UEFA -- that compensation be paid to clubs for allowing players to join national squads at the World Cup or European Championship -- was settled in an agreement last month.
"We were able to clear all the obstacles and found a form of governance that works," G-14 president and Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas said.

The G-14 group will drop court proceedings against FIFA over compensation for players getting injured on national team duty. It is unclear how the separate court cases of Lyon and Belgian club Sporting Charleroi against FIFA over the same issue will be settled.

Instead of the restricted G-14, club representation has been taken over by the European Club Association, which will have more than 100 members.

"It is the beginning of a new era, an era that will be based on trust," FC Barcelona chairman Joan Laporta said. "The clubs feel they belong to the family of football again."

From aggressive comments when the G-14 was set up in 2000 to the court cases that were abandoned on Friday, the G-14 confronted the traditional bastions of FIFA and UEFA head-on.

The group, which included such juggernauts as Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich and Manchester United, expanded to 18 clubs in 2002 and placed increasing pressure on FIFA and UEFA to give clubs more say in the running of the sport.

One of the key issues for the new ECA now is to expand the compensation deal beyond the finals of major competitions and to all qualifying and exhibition games.

The major clubs also want FIFA and UEFA to change the international match calendar to make more room for their matches.

Signature

MILAN
Old 17-02-2008, 04:43   #94
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Glad to see SI on the ball and reporting old news. That happened over a month ago.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 06:47   #95
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
Glad to see SI on the ball and reporting old news. That happened over a month ago.

Signature

MILAN
Old 28-02-2008, 18:54   #96
Mr. Anonymous
AC Milan Legend

LOL

Galiani should realize that this shows not only how good Pato is, but how inept our current strikers are.

Galliani Pleased With Pato Progress

AC Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani says he is happy with the progress that Alexandre Pato is making, and that the right decision was made in buying him.

The 18-year-old Pato only made his debut for the Rossoneri last month, however he has already scored five goals in just seven Serie A starts, making him the club's third top-scorer for the season.

Pato was on target again last night in Milan's 1-1 draw with Catania, giving his side the lead with a powerful long-shot early in the second-half.

"Pato? He's an extraordinary lad and he scored a great goal," said Galliani.

"I'm very happy we bought this player. Ancelotti is trying to help him find his best position with a lot of good advice."

Milan's draw in Sicily means they drop two points behind Fiorentina in the all-important fourth Champions League position.

"It was a difficult match, but we knew it would be. We played quite well and then we conceded the goal," continued Galliani.

"With a third striker they put us in difficulty and this was the result. The draw was the right result, now we proceed in the battle for fourth place and think about the game against Lazio."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=603290
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 14:54   #97
Mr. Anonymous
AC Milan Legend

Berlu must be the man behind not buying players, or this would be one of the most hypocritical things I've read Galiani saying after not purchasing more players for this year.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=605236

Galliani: We Are Very Tired

Adriano Galliani is the latest Milan figure to express his concern at the tiredness of the squad.

The Rossoneri have been looking very jaded recently, having played a whopping 13 games since the middle of January in order to make up for the matches missed due to their participation in the FIFA Club World Cup in December.

“I am fairly worried, as we are tired and that is because we have played more than anyone else this season,” said general manager Galliani.

“We knew the trip to Japan would cost us. Just look at what we have done since January 13 – we have played something like 13 games in 40 days. It is verging on the impossible.

“We hope to find energy from somewhere to face difficult encounters like Tuesday’s with Arsenal.”

Milan have drawn three of their last four games, and need to improve fast, starting with tonight’s Serie A match with Lazio.

“Delio Rossi’s team is getting back on its feet and paid the price for not being used to the demands of the Champions League,” Galliani warned.

“Preparing for the preliminary round caused a lot of problems, but they have an excellent Coach and great players. They play good football and we will see a different game to the others we’ve had recently.”
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 16:54   #98
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤

Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakŕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous
Berlu must be the man behind not buying players, or this would be one of the most hypocritical things I've read Galiani saying after not purchasing more players for this year.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=605236

Galliani: We Are Very Tired

Adriano Galliani is the latest Milan figure to express his concern at the tiredness of the squad.

The Rossoneri have been looking very jaded recently, having played a whopping 13 games since the middle of January in order to make up for the matches missed due to their participation in the FIFA Club World Cup in December.

“I am fairly worried, as we are tired and that is because we have played more than anyone else this season,” said general manager Galliani.

“We knew the trip to Japan would cost us. Just look at what we have done since January 13 – we have played something like 13 games in 40 days. It is verging on the impossible.

“We hope to find energy from somewhere to face difficult encounters like Tuesday’s with Arsenal.”

Milan have drawn three of their last four games, and need to improve fast, starting with tonight’s Serie A match with Lazio.

“Delio Rossi’s team is getting back on its feet and paid the price for not being used to the demands of the Champions League,” Galliani warned.

“Preparing for the preliminary round caused a lot of problems, but they have an excellent Coach and great players. They play good football and we will see a different game to the others we’ve had recently.”
Go to hell baldy
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 17:13   #99
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
Go to hell baldy
+1 to that,piss the fuck off old man,go to a ******ed clinic or something.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 17:18   #100
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: >>rossoneri<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
Go to hell baldy
lets not put all the blame on him..
i`m sure he can still make big players sing for us,it`s just that berlu doesn`t want to spend,and that will hopefully change soon..

here is just one example of what i said,luca toni..
who knows how many things like this have happened so far..
Armin__m is offline   Reply With Quote