The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Ronnieboy will
return as soon possible, guns blazing and save our asses this season 80 43.24%
definitely be fit by the time Christian Maldini makes his debut 62 33.51%
WHY DO YOU WANT A POLL when he's gonna get crocked again!!!? (tougue-in-cheek) 43 23.24%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-01-2007, 21:55   #61
bryan1202
Chileno De Corazon

Fav. Players: All Milan Players, Chile National team and Chile sub 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrAcTiC
LOL, and then if Moratti want's to sign Ronaldo, we will ask to exchange him with Ibrahimovich or Crespo.. ( joke cause this will not happen ) ..
lol that would be a good idea but i think we should start buying "young" players like G&B said
bryan1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:17   #62
Bandeira
Rookie

Fav. Players: Kaká - Rogerio Ceni - Mineiro - Ronaldo - Pirlo - Lugano - Cicinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmin
Let's see: younger - yes, sense of humor - irrelevant, if Ronaldo didn't want to play he would go to MLS. On the other had Cassano is not an angel and I'll bet you Dida or Gattuso would kick his ass after a few training seasons, hasn't played in how many months? and isn't that fit to begin with. So in an ideal world I wouldn't want neather of them at Milan, but if I had to chose I'd go with Ronaldo.

agree! he didnt do like beckham and figo that went to MLS n Al Ittihad... just to earn money

he wants to be in europe to play... this is the best answer to those that think he doesnt want to play
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:27   #63
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandeira
agree! he didnt do like beckham and figo that went to MLS n Al Ittihad... just to earn money

he wants to be in europe to play... this is the best answer to those that think he doesnt want to play
Ronaldo hasn't gone to the Middle East or the MLS because he still feels it isn't time to retire, just that (or maybe cause he was expecting to get similar offers like Beck's and Figo's and was dissapointed with what they ended up giving him), and to get back at Seedorf for sleeping with his ex. In 2 years, he will be gone like the wind to either one of this places.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:30   #64
Bandeira
Rookie

Fav. Players: Kaká - Rogerio Ceni - Mineiro - Ronaldo - Pirlo - Lugano - Cicinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
Ronaldo hasn't gone to the Middle East or the MLS because he still feels it isn't time to retire, just that (or maybe cause he was expecting to get similar offers like Beck's and Figo's and was dissapointed with what they ended up giving him), and to get back at Seedorf for sleeping with his ex. In 2 years, he will be gone like the wind to either one of this places.
i dont believe it... i think that when ronaldo feels he is not able to play in european leagues, will return to brasil to play in flamengo, as he already told, he is fan of it
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:31   #65
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

Hey guys look on the bright side In summer Milan offered 10 milion pounds,Real demanded 20 and Milan gave up...Atleast now we would get him for free

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:38   #66
cosmin
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
Hell, I don't expect him to be that long in Milan. The bad thing is that he will not play for us in the CL.

Signature
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
cosmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:39   #67
Dann
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino

the way i see it is if we are not prepared to pay any money for big ron then it shows how much faith galliani and berlusconi have in him so why even bother, go for pato or somebody else younger.
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:41   #68
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Hell, I don't expect him to be that long in Milan. The bad thing is that he will not play for us in the CL.
Who said that those 2 years he will be at Milan?
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:46   #69
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Let's see: younger - yes, sense of humor - irrelevant, if Ronaldo didn't want to play he would go to MLS. On the other had Cassano is not an angel and I'll bet you Dida or Gattuso would kick his ass after a few training seasons, hasn't played in how many months? and isn't that fit to begin with. So in an ideal world I wouldn't want neather of them at Milan, but if I had to chose I'd go with Ronaldo.
A sense of humor helps to maintain a positive spirit in the dressing room. Dida ain't the type who kicks asses + Gattuso would most likely get on great. Cassano in fact did work to improve his fitness + also lost weight, sth Ronaldo didn't manage in the past 6 months. Not signing for a Mickey Mouse League club but for Milan doesn't equate desire to play, at least he seems rather content NOT playing @ Real. FatRon hasn't been booted from the seleção yet, right ? It's just a question of weighing positives against negatives. He has to keep up appearances of being a committed football player as he doesn't have an entertainment + advertising career waiting for him in the US + moving there or worse, to Arabia, would damage his image 4good.

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:49   #70
Luis
You'll never drink alone!

Fav. Players: Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
Default Milan have confirmed they are ready to sign Ronaldo (only for free)

if we got him for free, and for 1 year and a half.... i really don't care if he is fat o whatever .... we are just giving him a chance, not a whole career...

Signature
Luis
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:58   #71
cosmin
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
A sense of humor helps to maintain a positive spirit in the dressing room. Dida ain't the type who kicks asses + Gattuso would most likely get on great. Cassano in fact did work to improve his fitness + also lost weight, sth Ronaldo didn't manage in the past 6 months. Not signing for a Mickey Mouse League club but for Milan doesn't equate desire to play, at least he seems rather content NOT playing @ Real. FatRon hasn't been booted from the seleção yet, right ? It's just a question of weighing positives against negatives. He has to keep up appearances of being a committed football player as he doesn't have an entertainment + advertising career waiting for him in the US + moving there or worse, to Arabia, would damage his image 4good.
Is this the kind of "positive spirit" he had at Real? Or Roma? Yes, he is a great team-player. I just said Dida because he looks like the type of player that could and would. Cassano doesn't look very fit to me, but then again it's been a while sence I got to see him in the Real shirt. I wonder why. Maybe Cappelo is a shite coach and can't see the italian wonder in front of him. I guess that's way he played Ronaldo rather then Cassano. But who the fuck is he to know, right?

Signature
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
cosmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 23:21   #72
Rossonero4Life!
Forza Milan!

Fav. Players: All AC Milan & Azzurri Players!!

We should welcome ronaldo... its true he is way past his glory days but a player of his calibre should always be welcomed to play for milan... give him a chance and see how he goes... its only a year and a half contract...

only bad thing is that he is cup-tied for the rest of the season
Rossonero4Life! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 23:26   #73
Axl
National Team Player

While i do agree that Cassano has an attitude problem, which is something that prevents him from playing and showing what he can really do, he is a brilliant brilliant player.When settled down and mentally healthy, El Pibe de Bari is capable of moments of pure magic and can bring something special to the table.He is a gamble for any team, but a gamble that could pay off HUGE dividends if handled correctly. In short, Cassano is a troubled genius;but a genius nonetheless.IMO he would have been ideal for us;although, as i've mentioned earlier, i wouldn't mind Ronaldo considering the current state we're in.
Axl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 23:37   #74
fiume_1987
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva

Let's use the good old pro et contra method to evaluate Ronaldo:
- reasons for Ronaldo:
1. facts and figures - say that he is a world class football player, one of the best in the history when you look at his personal achievments and the trophies he won
2. his abilities - a unique player, evrybody who watched his game even once know what I am talking about. He still has that golden touch and technique.
3. he is a striker who can dribble and make some special moves, things that Pippo and Gila can only dream on doing so he would probably pair well with one of them
4. he can find new motivation in Milanello with his Brazilian pals, including a superstar playmaker like Kaka
5. has experience in Italian football so probably wouldn't take long time to settle in

- reasons against Ronaldo
1. not even close to what he used to be at the moment, I am thinking about his current form, but also he lost much of the speed and agiliity in the past years. Some people would say that's coz...
2. ...he IS FAT - at least 6 kg too much and is NOT DEALING with it (not even Capello didn't doo much about that) which brings me to...
3.... lack of motivation, why else would such a player let himself go like that
4. injury proneness, it would be a disaster for him to get injured again in the...
5. ...age of 30 - typical Milan policy to bring old players. Nothing weird about that, though
6. his transfer would show lack of trust into Oliveira and Pippo who have to be very disheartened with their lack of goals. Bringing Ronaldo would be like pinch of salt on to the wound.
7. financial requirements, I'm not sure what are the details but Real can hardly just let him go without some transfer fee and his contract is VERY HEAVY.
8. HE IN NOT ELIGIBLE TO PLAY FOR MILAN IN EUROPE.

All things considered, I think that our managment made some sorry mistakes over the last years, and this move definitely smells like one of that... On the other hand, we might just get a superstar on a bargain deal and we need a real class striker so he might be the answer. He also might be a joke and a failure and the main question is - IS HE WORTH A GAMBLE? I think that we should try with him only if we get him on a free or almost-free transfer...
fiume_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 00:22   #75
PrAcTiC
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho

I don't know guys why you discuss about Cassano anymore, he wont come at Milan and that's for sure..
We wil sign Ronaldo now and in the summer maybe one young striker for the future ( when Pippo retire ) but not Cassano. Galliani's word is last, and he like to sign 30+ players.. I can imagine Galliani when we will sign Ronaldo " We did a promise to our fans that we will sign world class striker " and here it is .. our Ronaldo
PrAcTiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 01:45   #76
bryan1202
Chileno De Corazon

Fav. Players: All Milan Players, Chile National team and Chile sub 20

if we sign Ronaldo he would have to lose weight or else he would be doing the same as what he's doing in real madrid
bryan1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 02:10   #77
Godfather
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
We used to have a nice + active Ronaldo thread at one time, before some overzealous mod... etc

Ronaldo. I can't believe this shit. I can't believe, after all of Galliani's wordy declarations about Milan's new (+ welcome !!!) philosophy of scouting + developping young talent Arsenal-style, that we're back @ picking up garbage from around Europe. Why him + not Cassano ??????????????????? Why this fatass who's more interested in banging his latest squeeze, who happens to be his dentist (LOL), than in shaping up ?

FUCK
THIS
SHIT
Because our management is a stupidity. I have no idea why they don't get Cassano. I won't even bother to list all the pros for Cassano and the cons for Ronaldo. I am sooo disappointed, I was hoping Galliani would use the little bit of intelligence he has and buy Cassano.

Another 30 year old underperforming player, he will fail just like Rivaldo.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 02:13   #78
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

His dentist? What's in it for him, he wants to lose the gap at last?

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has denied that the other players are angry at the bid for Ronaldo.
“The whole great family at Milan, from President Silvio Berlusconi to the Milanello security guards, agree. They have all given the OK to Ronaldo’s eventual arrival,” said the transfer guru.

While it has been confirmed that the Rossoneri are in negotiations to bring the Real Madrid and former Inter star back to San Siro on loan, there are rumours that the rest of the squad is unhappy with the switch.

In particular, it’s claimed that Pippo Inzaghi is furious, as it will push him further down the pecking order, already sitting behind Alberto Gilardino.

“If Ronaldo does come, it won’t be signalling the failure of any of our strikers, least of all Inzaghi, the best Italian forward in activity,” added Galliani.

“Ronaldo is an old dream of mine and if it comes true then that’s great, if not we are happy with the players we’ve got. It would be an addition, not a change.” (Football Italia)

Sigh. Take me now, God. Why are Milan so interested in Ronaldo, anyway? He was unparalleled in his prime, but now he's overweight, unmotivated and injury-prone. I guess "young" to Galliani is anyone below the age of 40. Forza Pippo!

Signature

Last edited by BMWTaylor; 18-01-2007 at 02:30.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 02:38   #79
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

He is a short term solution, better than half our strikers, a proven goal scorer... fat or not, he still rakes in the goals beside his name. Besides, our players can learn a lot from him.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 02:40   #80
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Also put it in this perspective... would you rather have Ronaldo or Borriello?
I'd take Ronaldo over Oliveira FFS!

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote