The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 21-01-2018, 05:41   #3181
Sage
Reinmēkā

ngannou in a legit camp would be fantastic

I've seen clips of him clinching/grappling with his coach...it seems rudimentary

Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 05:42   #3182
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post

I've seen clips of him clinching/grappling with his coach...it seems rudimentary
Yea.

His hips are stiff af. You can tell he knows to underhook but never scoots his hip out, so he can never sweep

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 05:43   #3183
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
“You are awesome”

That was kind of gay
I missed that, what happened?

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 05:44   #3184
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I missed that, what happened?
Miocic’s corner was like

“Hey, you are AWESOME” to Stipe.

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 05:46   #3185
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Miocic’s corner was like

“Hey, you are AWESOME” to Stipe.

awesome would be someone like cain who would have submitted ngannou in the first round.

btw DC

thought he ate too many shots from ozedmir tho...took them really well but he shouldn't be taking these many shots.

Signature

Last edited by Sage; 21-01-2018 at 05:49.
Old 21-01-2018, 05:49   #3186
Sage
Reinmēkā

stiopic should have worn a singlet tonight

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 05:49   #3187
Sage
Reinmēkā

plot twist

ngannou ko's him with a clothesline from hell

edit:

stiopic breaks the HW defense record, boring fight

Signature

Last edited by Sage; 21-01-2018 at 05:53.
Old 21-01-2018, 05:54   #3188
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, Marco Fassone, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Maybe it's just me not knowing better, but I expected better boxing technique from Ngannou in the first round before he gassed. It looked like all explosiveness but mainly loopy hits. Besides his predictable uppercut, his boxing seems weak considering that's his background.

Great grinding victory, knew Stipe had it in him. Disappointed in Francis.

Other fight DC really fucking amazing. Volkan obviously not ready yet for that stage, got completely outclassed. Great performance. Now one more fight vs Gustafson and one against clean Jones would be dreamlike.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 05:57   #3189
Sage
Reinmēkā

miocic is funny

btw, apparently rogan and cruz were getting pissed at each other during commentary? I missed it..what happened?

Signature

Last edited by Sage; 21-01-2018 at 06:00.
Old 21-01-2018, 05:57   #3190
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, Marco Fassone, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Quote:

Consider that he claimed he's been training for Stipe before the Overeem fight. Really makes you think either his camp is trash or he doesn't learn well.

I can only reiterate - his boxing is kinda disappointing. I don't expect him to be a good grappler but he should be better at his calling card. Then again, maybe his calling card simply is his physique.

Quote:
miocic is funny

btw, apparently rogan and cruz were getting pissed at each other during commentary? I missed it..what happened?
I love how he sounds like a chain smoker pre fighter and like an alcoholic after fights

I don't think anything serious between Joe and Cruz, just Rogan saying some hyperbolic shit(that's a new one, right? ) and Cruz laughing about it.

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 06:00   #3191
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Consider that he claimed he's been training for Stipe before the Overeem fight. Really makes you think either his camp is trash or he doesn't learn well.

I can only reiterate - his boxing is kinda disappointing. I don't expect him to be a good grappler but he should be better at his calling card. Then again, maybe his calling card simply is his physique.
His grappling is even weaker.

I think he can still be a great fighter. But he is VERY raw. Kind of remind me of Sokoudjou when he first started KOing people.

Once Sokoudjou got KTFOed though, his career went to shit.

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 06:03   #3192
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:

it's definitely his physique, he never really had time to show what he's capable of and he's always been with his coach from france..and lets be honest the mma scene in france isn't exactly world class, AFAIK pro mma is banned there.

but if he joins a real training camp, sky is the limit, especially in the HW division where old men can still dominate.

even though he got totally exposed for his skills, he lasted 5 rounds with miocic who ko'd werdum,JDS,overeem etc. so that is definitely a positive.

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 06:06   #3193
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
His grappling is even weaker.

I think he can still be a great fighter. But he is VERY raw. Kind of remind me of Sokoudjou when he first started KOing people.

Once Sokoudjou got KTFOed though, his career went to shit.
Oh that's totally what I meant btw, that his grappling is weaker than his striking, no question.

He gets very far simply on strength alone vs elite fighters and that's impressive on it's own. I also think he can definitely become a good champ but I'd like him to work on his striking. Needs to be more purposeful instead of those wild swings.

Quote:
it's definitely his physique, he never really had time to show what he's capable of and he's always been with his coach from france..and lets be honest the mma scene in france isn't exactly world class, AFAIK pro mma is banned there.

but if he joins a real training camp, sky is the limit, especially in the HW division where old men can still dominate.

even though he got totally exposed for his skills, he lasted 5 rounds with miocic who ko'd werdum,JDS,overeem etc. so that is definitely a positive.

Yeah and there's still the Overeem KO which was quite impressive. Stick him in AKA and see what happens. With a body like his, could he even get injured?

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 06:06   #3194
Sage
Reinmēkā

"As Dana White was about to put the belt on Miocic, Miocic took it from him and gave it to his coach to put around his waist."

stiopic

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 07:11   #3195
.A.K.

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

Well that was fun

Last match was bit dull.but he had to do what he had to win
.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 09:01   #3196
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

I love cain but i dont think he can beay werdum tbh. Bad matchup. He definitely would annihilate ngannou and stipe too.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 09:02   #3197
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Dc is a beast. Legend. Should retire or fight miocic imo. And maybe a rematch with gus?
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 11:45   #3198
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
miocic is funny

I dunno about pissed, but Dom was stinging him every round with a back handed insult

DC and Stipe where on another level then their opponents
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 14:15   #3199
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Oh that's totally what I meant btw, that his grappling is weaker than his striking, no question.

He gets very far simply on strength alone vs elite fighters and that's impressive on it's own. I also think he can definitely become a good champ but I'd like him to work on his striking. Needs to be more purposeful instead of those wild swings.

Yeah and there's still the Overeem KO which was quite impressive. Stick him in AKA and see what happens. With a body like his, could he even get injured?
It is really key how N'Gannou bounces back now. His poor game-planning + lack of fundamental skills on the fence / ground was on full-display yesterday. I suspect now more fighters will use this type of strategy around him.

He is 31, which I wouldn't consider a spring chicken given he's so behind in those aspects. He is an exciting fighter, but I really think he has too many holes in his game to be exploited to really be consistently fighting contenders to get back to this spot (if he continues his current camp). Let's hope he realizes this and changes camp soon.

Signature
Old 21-01-2018, 14:28   #3200
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

I'm not surprised motherfuckers, for me the only question was if Stipe was gonna get hit badly in the first 2-3 minutes or not. Saw a clip of pros picking the fight, and everyone went with Stipe, which tells you everything.

Cain vs Miocic is the real thing.

Regardid Ngannu, it's hard to tell if he actually is that bad on the ground, or if he just completely gassed out. Because when there's no fuel, your body won't do what you want it to do.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote