The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 29-06-2015, 09:04   #1381
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
oh az my silly child, how is this UFC's fault?

I think Mendes gets the fight just because Frankie is better. They don't wanna risk Frankie beating up Conor and ruining Aldo Vs McGreggor when Aldo's back from injury.

--

I really like Conor as a fighter, but does anyone think he really have a chance against Aldo?
They keep saying they want to make a sport, yet all they do is making it a fight promotion. They should have clear rules on how fighters are allowed to trained before a fight weeks out.

Yet all Dana does is yap about how AKA and others have stone age training methods, but he does nothing about it. They could all take a page out of Conor's book and not spar like morons, cause that takes its toll on the body.

Anyway as much as i'm looking forward to Conor vs Aldo, i'm more excited for Lawler vs Mcdonald, that's going to be fight of the night for sure.

Aldo vs Conor will probably end in under 2 rounds, while i see the former go at least 4.

P.S: sad about Machida, his body is clearly failing him. He doesn't even look as ripped as he did when he first entered the division.

Signature
Cobra Kai never dies
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 09:36   #1382
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

The organization is supposed to tell the fighters how they are supposed to train and enforce this with rules? Do you hear yourself?

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 09:54   #1383
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
The organization is supposed to tell the fighters how they are supposed to train and enforce this with rules? Do you hear yourself?
I'm not saying year around, i'm saying that a few weeks before the fight they should put a ban on sparing. Like Conor said, it won't improve your fighting ability it will just get you injured.

Signature
Cobra Kai never dies
Old 29-06-2015, 10:08   #1384
MilanMB
Serendipity

How do you ban sparing? 24/7 monitoring?

Fighters are different, what works for Connor maybe doesn't work for others.

What you're saying is just silly, Az.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
Old 29-06-2015, 11:36   #1385
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
How do you ban sparing? 24/7 monitoring?

Fighters are different, what works for Connor maybe doesn't work for others.

What you're saying is just silly, Az.
I know it sounds radical, but you don't need to go that far. To enforce the rule you only need to put steep sanctions on fighters that get injured 2 weeks before the match, and i'm willing to bet the injuries and canceled bouts that we keep having lately will be toned down a lot.

Anyway who do you have on Rory vs Robbie?

Signature
Cobra Kai never dies
Old 29-06-2015, 16:11   #1386
MilanMB
Serendipity

Rory decision. Lawler KO.

Probably Rory, gonna do a GSP and have a great game plan.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
Old 30-06-2015, 16:26   #1387
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

AZ i know you mean well and you care about the sport but some of your posts are just so cringe worthy...

Do you know how easy it is to break a rib? Have you ever done anything remotely close to training "MMA"? In Grappling all it takes is your body in the wrong position and your opponent coming at you wrong, it happens ALL THE TIME accidentally. There is nothing the UFC or anyone can do to stop it, its part of the sport. And this is only ONE of the many common injuries, it is a contact sport it happens.

Monitor the fighter on how they train or sanction fighters that have to pull out? Please.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:33   #1388
seveners
SAPL Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Quote:
Via SportsCenter : BREAKING: Jose Aldo Junior pulls out of UFC 189. Conor McGregor will now fight Chad Mendes for interim title.
So much promotion and hype before the fight

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST
seveners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 15:46   #1389
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

^ I think it's good he decides to pull out. Even if its a bruise, having an injured rib is no joke, let alone having it in a title fight

Signature
Old 08-07-2015, 17:32   #1390
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Jonas "Speed" Bilharinho (6-0 Jungle Fight current FW champ)

The guy Aldo brought in to mimic Connor, from his style even down to the way he wear his hair. I think if Conor loses to Mendes they should bring in Jonas Bilharinho to fight Conor next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVafujk-nZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06DyXBTdkF0

Signature
Old 11-07-2015, 15:34   #1391
Az.
Se7en

Just a few more hours now

Signature
Cobra Kai never dies
Old 12-07-2015, 05:37   #1392
Sage
Reinmēkā

chad mendes you fucking alpha fail choker

absolutely dominated him for 2 rounds, gets knocked out like a bitch at the end of it

fantastic card, robbie/rory match of the night for sure

Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:58   #1393
Sage
Reinmēkā

conor is a really down to earth guy if you look past the ric flair gimmick.

he deserves this outcome considering how this division had 0 spotlight before he came along, if this ppv comes near a million, I'll say he's easily ufc's biggest star.

there's a strong rumour floating around that conor had a messed up MCL that needs surgery, much respect if it's true.

Signature
Old 12-07-2015, 06:16   #1394
Tantalis
Heyoka

I would not say Mendes dominated McGregor at all. First round he took a spinning back kick to the liver and was winded from then on. He was able to take McGregor down on occasion, but wasnt able to dominate like he should have been. His elbows were not very effective besides the cut, and holding the irishman down winded him further. Meanwhile the standup game was clearly McGregor's and he was able to pick shots oh a whim.

There is debate on whether or not the stoppage was too fast, but Mendes was out after that left straight. His eyes rolled back and he collapsed and was unable to defend himself.

Hes more of a cassius clay rather a ric flair
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:23   #1395
Sage
Reinmēkā

stand up wasn't clearly mcgregors, but i was impressed with his chin. he got thrown around so easily, chad mendes clearly won the 2 rounds until the end. I was fine with the stoppage, since chad was defending like a bitch.

and he definitely adopted the ric flair gimmick.

I'll be surprised if jose aldo doesn't beat him.

Signature
Old 12-07-2015, 06:25   #1396
Tantalis
Heyoka

we must have watched different fights. First round was close, points wise mendes probably took it for take downs. You cant say he won the second because he didnt even finish the second.

ric flair was a cheater.

McGregor's got the gift of gab, much like ali.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:27   #1397
Sage
Reinmēkā

I'm obviously talking about the promos and expensive suits/flaunting wealth.

don't talk like you know ric flair if you don't think he has the gift of gab

edit:

i'm saying he was winning the 2nd round until the last 10 seconds, unfortunately in #rnb you have to point out such obvious things.

Signature

Last edited by Sage; 12-07-2015 at 07:01.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:32   #1398
Tantalis
Heyoka

was a sting fan so ric flair was no beuno.

as a fighter myself its impossible for me to say that Mendes ever had the upper hand.

His ground game was to keep busy enough to have it not stand back up. Stand-up wise Mcgregor dictated pace, determined position of the fighters and landed far more shots. he was in complete control on the feet, and was more composed on the ground than I would have thought.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:40   #1399
Sage
Reinmēkā

chad landed far more shots than I expected, but credit to conor for having a great chin. I expected more from conor because of his massive advantage in reach and stand up being his only real strength. I'll give him credit for escaping that choke in the 2nd round, really well done. Maybe dominated is a strong word, but there's no doubt in my mind that mendes had those 2 rounds in the bag until the final seconds of the 2nd round.

anyways, now there's no big fights to give a shit about anymore until cormier gustafsson where mb and I settle our bet

the only upcoming main event I'm interested in is dillashaw barao, but that fight is so big they put it on free tv

Signature

Last edited by Sage; 12-07-2015 at 07:28.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:43   #1400
Tantalis
Heyoka

i miss having fedor fights to look forward to.

and sakuraba vs gracie fights aswell.

The lawler fight was dope, was one of the best brawls I have seen probably since griffin-bonnar. That fight truly could have went either way