Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Hope Im proven wrong but I fear 4 this coming game on Sat.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
grammer nazi :o

"Grammar"

black_guys_laughing.gif

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Guardiola playing his usual mind games, first he says Alexis Sanchez got injured and won't play, today hes training fine.

Honestly, I'm very afraid of him. Couldn't honestly imagine he'd suit their play so well there when he was signed. Fits them perfectly :(

Sid Lowe quoted a la liga coach saying

Barcelona make you feel worse than Madrid, more inferior. You never touch the ball, you just drop ever deeper and protect yourself. Against Madrid, you feel like you're in the game, you get the ball, you play, you attack … and that is when they score.

its a good description. I think no matter what Karanka says, about playing the same way as in the last three matches there (offensively), I have a feeling Madrid will mimic Chelsea and park the bus in search of draw.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
I honestly don't like Fartha or Real, I always liked Celta Vigo, but I'd love to see Real kick their asses on their home turf tonight cause I want everyone to see that Chelsea's win against Fartha wasn't just a fluke.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Guardiola playing his usual mind games, first he says Alexis Sanchez got injured and won't play, today hes training fine.

Honestly, I'm very afraid of him. Couldn't honestly imagine he'd suit their play so well there when he was signed. Fits them perfectly :(

Mourinho does the same...

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Starting line-ups???

Barcelona (4-3-3): Valdes; Alves, Mascherano, Puyol, Adriano; Xavi, Busquets, Thiago; Tello, Messi, Iniesta

Real Madrid (4-2-3-1): Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Khedira, Xabi Alonso; Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria; Benzema :fp:

No idea why Mourinho insists on that same squad (minus Marcelo, who's been good). Start Kaka ffs.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Whoever wins doesn't matter, I want to see high scoring game!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Kaka to score the winner from the bench after an incredibly boring match. :thumbsup:

anyone want to count the number of dives and ref abuse? :tongue:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
I have a bad feeling about Tello + Thiago. Might be another tactical masterstroke by Guardiola. :(

Meanwhile Mourinho so predictable :fp:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Want Barca to win. Makes it more interesting.

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
I want Pepe to break Puyol's leg.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Mourinho has chosen a terrible lineup against Barca here. Di Maria has been crap against Barca almost every single time he has played them. Having him and Ronaldo on the wings is one too many headless chickens at a time. Also with Khedira being played I think will be a big factor in Madrid being unable to compete in midfield at all. Both Khedira and Xabi are flawed players, in that Xabi can pass a ball and tackle decently, but his great passing is rendered redundant when he is pressed, and Khedira is physical and strong, but a weak tackler and a simplistic passer. Having Lass next to Xabi helps them alot more defensively and hides Xabi's flaws well.

Ozil being played centrally is a mistake IMO. He has played his best games against Barca when he has had freedom to play from the right side, with Kaka being played centrally and occupying Busquets' attention. For this lineup to work, Madrid will have to press insanely high up the field to hide the flaws of their disfunctional midfield. Either that, or switch Di Maria and Ozil around and have Di Maria start counter attacks from deep central areas. Either way, it would surprise me to see Madrid get a positive result with this lineup.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
cristy to go on a solo run from the start and score a spectacular opener... :o

... only for messi to respond with 3 of his own spectacular goals making poor old cristy ronaldo quit football. :tongue:

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
Can't believe Alves already was searching for penalty.

Schedule