The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The rumors about Gazidis turning us into a cheap team that only buys young and sells for profit doesn’t make much sense. If Elliott wants to sell the club at its highest possible value then they need to regain the Milan reputation or else we’re just another Roma or Lazio. We have to be able to compete for Serie A and CL or at least have the potential quickly to do so with a new buyer. That won’t happen if we do business like Roma.

I think we will keep buying players like Paqueta and Piatek, players in the +30m range that are beyond teams like Lazio and Roma but not yet good enough for the top tier. That’s the only way we can catch up to Napoli and Juve.

I don’t believe the Leonardo rumors either. Why hire him, give him a long contract and then not give him even a full summer to see what he does? What would be a reason for a clash with Gazidis?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What abyss?

This abyss?

03f1a53dcd36db9a38227be3f159e27e.jpg

fucking hell, stop this...

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
The rumors about Gazidis turning us into a cheap team that only buys young and sells for profit doesn’t make much sense. If Elliott wants to sell the club at its highest possible value then they need to regain the Milan reputation or else we’re just another Roma or Lazio. We have to be able to compete for Serie A and CL or at least have the potential quickly to do so with a new buyer. That won’t happen if we do business like Roma.

I think we will keep buying players like Paqueta and Piatek, players in the +30m range that are beyond teams like Lazio and Roma but not yet good enough for the top tier. That’s the only way we can catch up to Napoli and Juve.

I don’t believe the Leonardo rumors either. Why hire him, give him a long contract and then not give him even a full summer to see what he does? What would be a reason for a clash with Gazidis?

Yes I don't there will necessarily be a focus on selling for profit, but definitely cash is going towards young players on lower salaries who can increase value and improve and not on established players on high contracts whose value is decreasing.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Yes I don't there will necessarily be a focus on selling for profit, but definitely cash is going towards young players on lower salaries who can increase value and improve and not on established players on high contracts whose value is decreasing.

My expectations from the Gazidis regime are 2 Piatek-type investments per summer mercato, a number of youngsters scouted around the world, and backups from the league who are veterans.

So something like 100 million spend and 30 million sales. ~70 million net summer on transfer fees, not including contracts.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
My expectations from the Gazidis regime are 2 Piatek-type investments per summer mercato, a number of youngsters scouted around the world, and backups from the league who are veterans.

So something like 100 million spend and 30 million sales. ~70 million net summer on transfer fees, not including contracts.

I think this too. We'll bring in a top mid (whether redeeming Bakayoko or buy another) and winger. Then some younger and some experienced for depth, possibly starter. Our top needs are LW, RW, CM (since we might not redeem Bakayoko), and LB. I don't expect us to cover all 4 in one go unless CL + good deals. But again, it all depends on Gattuso resta or new coach, and if new coach what tactical setup and formation they use.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Even forum whipping boy Andre Silva scores 9 goals this season when he moves away.

He had 7 goals in September.Hes scored 2 goals since and none this year.Hes been awful at Sevilla.Let it go.Hes a dud and has proved it over years with two different clubs.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
@Nonevoluto: #Whatsapp Tare is the new name on Gazidis' list in the case of a total revolution during the summer period involving Leonardo, who in my opinion should be given more time before being assessed, the Albanian would then strongly enter the race for the Sporting Director role. #Milan

Oh yeah, that would be a horrible move. Leo and his Brazilian network in exchange for Tare with what... his Balkan network? Nah thanks :lol:

Ronaldo: "There are movement for many things. If you're black, if you're gay ... I do not remember anyone defending me when they called me fat."

Why would anyone defend him when he actually was fat? :monto:

Don’t forget borinho please.

Edit: Milan are working on Paredes from psg.

MR always right.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Where does Rabiot end up? he's the most valued player this summer with an expiring contract. Hector Herrera could also be useful for free but he's 29.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Where does Rabiot end up? he's the most valued player this summer with an expiring contract. Hector Herrera could also be useful for free but he's 29.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Juve on big wages. Their midfield needs an overhaul. As for HH, yes he's older but we do need some experience in the squad especially if Abate and Zapata are going, and possibly Biglia too.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
If Leo gets canned (I highly doubt it) we’ve already got his replacement - Moncada.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Juve on big wages. Their midfield needs an overhaul. As for HH, yes he's older but we do need some experience in the squad especially if Abate and Zapata are going, and possibly Biglia too.

Rabiot demands to be a guaranteed starter. I guess that would give Milan a remote chance. Yeah, there's no harm in adding an older experienced player that cost 0.

If Leo gets canned (I highly doubt it) we’ve already got his replacement - Moncada.

Gazidis has no love for the club and will be 100% objective when rolling up his sleeves. Up until this moment he has been in observation mode for Elliott. Leo earns quite a chunk of money and that makes him accountable. It will come down to being in or out of the top 4.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Isn't Moncada purely a scout, though? I think being a Director of Sport, dealing with agents etc is not something he has experience with. Or maybe i'm wrong?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Moncada is a video analyst, to be exact. He can work as a video-led scout to some extent I suppose, but we surely need Director level guys above him who can actually negotiate with clubs, agents and sporting directors.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gazzetta reporting today that Sarri would be fired even with an EL win.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Gazzetta reporting today that Sarri would be fired even with an EL win.

Reached CL and can win EL, but still fired? How?

That is huge for them considering they finished 3rd in a league where City and Liverpool ran away with it. What else do they want from their coaches :fp: :lol:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

That is huge for them considering they finished 3rd in a league where City and Liverpool ran away with it. What else do they want from their coaches :fp: :lol:

I don’t think the results are the only thing informing this potential decision

I wonder how far the insubordination that happened with the player refusing his directive went. There may be some dissent in the squad vs the coach.

That’s my best guess

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

In the real world, relationships within organizations matter more than the results.. I dont think Sarri gets along with anyone there. That's the issue.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have never been this competitive this late in the season for a Champions League squad since Allegri left.

Reality is, our offense has been shit since 2012/13. We've signed a ton of stop gap options, gave away Shaarawy (even though he wasnt doing well, he was still young and we sold him for 12mil without a proper replacement till this day)

Our defense has also been shit for years, even after signing Bonucci our defense was very poor under Montella. We haven't looked this good defensively since Allegri times as well.

Yes, statisticaly we're as close to a 4th place in may like never before since the last time we qualified for CL. That's a fact I can't deny. But it's not the entire truth though.

In recent years our squad got significantly better. We can't compare todays squad with the Muntari-Monto-Berto midfield led by Matri or Destro and put infront of Rami, Alex or Mexes defence with Constant and De Sciglio as fullbacks and say «see how much better Rino is doing». I mean c'mon.

And what can we expect from unproven and green coaches like Seedorf, Inzaghi and Brocchi on top of that. Or how does it help when the club owner expects champaign football from a grinta coach like Sinisa and causes non stop polemics around him when he isn't delivering. The reasons we were shit for the last decade are many. During those days no one would have succeeded and probably everyone would do better now under todays circumstances than under those total clusterfuckery years between 2012 and 2017.

Last time I checked, we had the head to head against Lazio, Roma and Atalanta, the three teams closest to us in the battle for the 4th spot. When was the last time we had that? Definitely a solid improvement in matches against top teams.

We knocked out Napoli from the coppa.

These are all improvements. If you expect us to beat Juve, Napoli and Inter consistently with his squad, that's sadly unfortunate.

We did fuck up Europa League though, I agree with that criticism. Although I don't particularly care.

I understand that you judge Rino primarily on the results. I can see why under that point of view you're in favor of keeping him or at least not seeing this season as a failure if we don't manage to achieve CL.

But for us who don't want to continue with Rino it's because we don't look only on the results but also on how we obtained those and how we gave away too many of them. We look how this team plays and if it's making the right steps in the right direction.

Many of those wins were obtained in unnecessary extremis due to insufficent match preparation, lack of tactical awareness and errors when picking the starting line-up or executing the right substitutions at the right time. Many of those wins looked exactely like our losses or draws of recent weeks with the only difference that in those wins players like Donnarumma or Romagnoli saved our asses or kept us in the games by pulling out some incredible saves or tackles. On paper we look like defensively we're more stable as numbers don't lie. In real life tho we look as shaky as in recent years but with even less offensive output.

That being said literally no one is asking to beat Juve or Napoli on a regular base. We're not delusional. But all those h2h-statistic doen't help us in the slightiest way if we end up being 5th with 1 point behind those teams. Because if you look at our games, especially those against the lower half of the table and without taking the endresult into consideration (well, actually even with the endresult taken into consideration), there is only little you can save or applaude Gattuso for. Those were the games who probably cost us CL. And with a proper coach, those were very winable.

That's why we say we can't continue with Gattuso if we want to see a different and more successfull style of football.

[...]

I honestly don't see much of a difference between this season and the last two, we are still mediocre Milan achieving mediocre results in Serie A, we got knocked out of the Coppa Italia at the fucking San Siro after Lazio racially abused and trashed our players leading up to the match, and we were thrown out of Europa by Olympiakos...

What is there to applaud and praise here?

On point :thumbsup:

Guess what most Milan legends and professionals of the sport are saying about the current Milan coach?

Is it closer or further away from your opinion about him?

Hmm

Sacchi criticizes Juventus after Atletico loss: 'In Europe you win with attacking football'

Sauce.

Sacchi is an old romantic and says a lot of bs when the day is long. But on this one I agree with him. Allegris or Gattusos brand of football is what in Italy seems to be quite popular, hence why so many italian prominents back up Gattuso I guess.

But generally I'm against that brand of football and convinced that you can achieve more with a more propositive, attacking minded brand of football. And it's more entertaining to watch on top of that. Obviously with our current players we can't mimick Man City or Tottenham. But seeing what Ajax achieved (admittedly overachieved tho) this season with very little investment, young players but a very distinctive dutch total-football-esque brand of football is very inspiring.

[...]

I think when he's gone, then it's not because he didn't reach CL since Scaroni himself said that CL never was the goal to begin with. I think it must have something to do with not going along or having different ideas about how to rebuild the squad. Only logic explanation if you ask me.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Isn't Moncada purely a scout, though? I think being a Director of Sport, dealing with agents etc is not something he has experience with. Or maybe i'm wrong?

Tbh making the step up from Head Scout to SD isn’t a big deal. E.g. Mirabellend was Chief Scout at Inter before becoming our SD. At this stage, Moncada’s already established a network of scouts + video analysts who do his dirty work. Also, he’s managed to land a number of young stars in the past at favourable prices (including Baka) so seems like a shrewd negotiator.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Milan block Everton arrival?
By Football Italia staff

Milan CEO Ivan Gazidis has reportedly vetoed his club’s pursuit of Gremio winger Everton Soares.

Milan sporting director Leonardo appeared to be closing in on a deal for Everton, but Sport Mediaset claims Gazidis has ‘blocked everything’.

The broadcaster speculates that is due to spiralling costs as business with Brazilian clubs is ‘always complicated’.

It also corroborates Corriere della Sera’s previous report that the former Arsenal executive will make a decision on Leonardo at the end of the season.

The Rossoneri could instead go for Nice attacker Allan Saint-Maximin, who is valued at €25m.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Fucking gazidis man i hate him

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tbh making the step up from Head Scout to SD isn’t a big deal. E.g. Mirabellend was Chief Scout at Inter before becoming our SD. At this stage, Moncada’s already established a network of scouts + video analysts who do his dirty work. Also, he’s managed to land a number of young stars in the past at favourable prices (including Baka) so seems like a shrewd negotiator.

Moncada doesn't / didn't do the negotiations. He identifies talented players, and then if the SD is convinced about a player it is the SD who handles the negotiations.

How well did Mirabellend do after making the step up? He was terrible at team construction and was not able to handle Raiola too well.

The SD needs to know how to spread the budget, which positions are the most needed for improvements, which players can be let go, negotiate with players agents, etc....

It's a big difference from just scouting talents.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan block Everton arrival?
By Football Italia staff

Milan CEO Ivan Gazidis has reportedly vetoed his club’s pursuit of Gremio winger Everton Soares.

Milan sporting director Leonardo appeared to be closing in on a deal for Everton, but Sport Mediaset claims Gazidis has ‘blocked everything’.

The broadcaster speculates that is due to spiralling costs as business with Brazilian clubs is ‘always complicated’.

It also corroborates Corriere della Sera’s previous report that the former Arsenal executive will make a decision on Leonardo at the end of the season.

The Rossoneri could instead go for Nice attacker Allan Saint-Maximin, who is valued at €25m.

Not bad. Idd better going for Saint

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
In case anyone gives a fuck, I will be visiting Elliott HQ in Manhattan USA this AM

Anything you want me to ask?

Congo- I will visit their satellite offices in London in late nov

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I don’t think the results are the only thing informing this potential decision

I wonder how far the insubordination that happened with the player refusing his directive went. There may be some dissent in the squad vs the coach.

That’s my best guess

:thumbsup: For sure, it just seems silly though he could achieve a great season and get fired.

But yeah after the whole Kepa thing you and media reports all season about the squad ruling the dressing room, you have to wonder. They probably want him out like they did with Conte.

In the real world, relationships within organizations matter more than the results.. I dont think Sarri gets along with anyone there. That's the issue.

Apart from Jorginho and Higuain, I think that's true.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
In case anyone gives a fuck, I will be visiting Elliott HQ in Manhattan USA this AM

Ask them to immortalize Borini with a statue in front of San Siro.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

What are the conditions under which they will sell the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule