The Rumour Commode IX

Biggest priority of the winter market after Honda and Rami?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
front line's probably our strongest part right now. El Shaarawy/Balotelli/Pazzini

Need new mf/defence
Our midfield hasn't deteriorated much imo, 3-4 years back we had a bunch of ageing/demotivated/injury prone players. We might not have stars like Pirlo, Seedorf anymore, but we have two very solid players in Monto, De Jong. Poli is also looking impressive, Muntari can get his job done. We need more depth though, a long term Montolivo injury could turn out to be disastrous to our season prospects.

The only real degradation has been in the CB department. We also have better fullbacks now, more experienced Abate, DeS/Constant>> Janku/Kaladze/ageing Zambro.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Save us papa Berlu.Don't let that fodder duo buy Matrimony.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we are getting him in presumably in January, if not the next few days.

lets do a 3 little scenario's that arent at all that uncommon shall we?
we have signed a CAM! Awesome, great we can link up now and our strikers get service!
Oh no #1. Balotelli is missing the next # games, they may or may not be important. We have Petagna for unimportant games but who do we have for important ones?
Oh no #2. Our new CAM is missing the next # games, who do we have to give our strikers service.
Oh no #3. Both Balotelli and our new CAM is missing #games, We now have no striker and no one to give our missing striker service. we have saponara and petagna for unimportant games. who do we have for important ones?

Its better to get a striker than a cam right now because if balotelli is gone we are fucked whether we have a cam or not. Balotelli's importance is unquestionable.

I definitely do wish to have a creative cam, but ideally a backup striker that can be called up and be reliable is much more needed especially with a cam on the way.

Okay, the point that is contested here is NOT that we need a back-up. I AGREE WE DO.

It's do we need the back up to cost 12m with 2.5m salary, not to mention helping our rival fund their squad?

THAT is why I dont want fucking Matri.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
I'd of prefered Quagliarella .
Anyway Im off the commode buzz..I'm going to become a Vampire who's in I'm all in.
If Matri scores I'll make a sacrifice

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
no i wont support matri if he scores :cry:

omg commedy of the day cry me a river :lol:

dvdpktt

Mesbah Fanboy
Reaction score
matri will join
matri will score

everyone who cried before will be like "omg can't believe i said that about matri thank you for scoring and winning us games"

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
veline-federica-nargi.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
@ bold part :eek:

Even if the bold part were true....it's clear that in match situations, they can't hold a candle to Nesta and co so it's all moot really.

@ Red Part

A few months of shit performances and we're already out of the scudetto race/CL. A relatively small investment in the players we need now could guarantee that later on we aren't like a fish out of water later on. Also let's say that we tank early in the CL we become less attractive for any potential targets we may have earmarked for January

@ blue part

I never rated Cassano much but I get your point. To me he was always going to be more trouble than he was worth. Also Pazzo has done very well here after settling in.

However, his arrival here augments the team, but still opens up another issue which has been supply to the strikers since the shit one took over. He has systematically shot himself in the foot by outright discarding, or having a hand in the disposal of Ron, P!rlo, Dorf, Aquaman, Merkel etc. Poli seems to be growing from strength to strength, but I am not convinced that he has all the keys for tightly locked defenses. All hope for this rests on the young shoulders of Saponera

I guess, but I still hold that we don't know even close to everything regarding selection and preference. It is definitely true that they're much weaker than our past partnerships, but alas, so are every other partnership currently in football.

Tbh, I think I'd personally err on the side of not overspending now. For me, the danger is the precedent. If you claim you have no money but spend 8m on 5 months of a contract, you're lying and setting yourself up for a fall. I think, therefore, it goes down more to innate beliefs and desires, more than economic sense. Some would prefer the buy and grow, others would prefer the wait for cheap. Your points are valid, but I believe it boils down to more than simple football results, it's a philosophical action, if you will.

True, but it does suggest that new signings should be given a chance. Pazzini, even now, has only barely shrugged off the criticism from his move.

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree due to a few reasons.

Carlo, despite his wealth of options(mainly in a paper tiger/only big game sense) often had games where the creativity was so poor(even when playing Pirlo, Dorf, Kaka and others) that you wanted to tear out your eyes... Leonardo depended on Ronaldinho, and to a lesser extent, Seedorf. Allegri decided to switch it around and depend on strikers rather than midfielders.

So, we can see that the Senatori don't necessitate success and creativity, although they would surely aid it. Furthermore, the need to exile them to both cut the wage bill and create a new team was one which I deem valid and would have carried out myself(even if it'd make me cry to do so). So, the removal of Pirlo, Dorf and other older players was correct. Secondly, Ronaldinho was, depending on who you ask, either a black hole of cocaine abuse and laziness, or a mistunderstood genius. It's definitely true that he was a creative behemoth under Leonardo(regardless of LW island) and I personally would have given him the Serie A player of the year award, however, I believe that he was sold because Ibra was the new guy in town, which meant that Dinho had to adapt(which he struggled with) and that it was a last chance saloon for Pato and his mythical drug problems. This, I, again with bated breath and teary eyes, would have done myself.

Allegri's method of relying on the strikers is both advantageous and problematic. We do have strikers during his reign who are capable of creating and forcing results(Ibra, Cassano, Robinho to an extent, Balo), so it works, but it can backfire, as all are volatile and downright bad at times... however, given the chance to have Ibra or Dinho, which would either mean a large chance of being shut down from the LW or a smaller chance of being shut down from the CF spot, I'd pick Ibra(despite sentiment), and likewise with Ibra and the ageing Senatori creativity force.

Merkel is fodder. I would have got rid of him and likewise with Aquilani.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Manu Ginobili please

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no wonder you know shit about football :lol:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
LOL.... that stink when you dont wash your dick for a few hours after youve jizzed.

so salty. so musty. so... masculine

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan Diavolo twitter:
Few months ago it was said that Allegri will get a renewal only if Milan qualify for CL.Is that why they are meeting Berlusconi today ?

Let's get ready.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
and if I die before I wake I pray the lord my soul to take.
cause i'm ready for the renewal

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Yes we are, how the hell do you think clubs make money? You buy merchandise, tickets, pay for sky, espn etc subscriptions.. why milan gets so much money in TV revenues and not siena? Its because of the number of supporters. So that point was completely rubbish.

And people can support however they want to, they can moan and support or be like Congo and support everything. Otherwise ask David to close this forum, so that there is no different opinion for you to see.

Oh sorry Mister Pedantic Pants. But the 8000+ members on hurrrr money isnt payin for Matri fee or wages, nice attempt to spin.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Must be commoders...going all the way to the match JUST to put a banner on what the team needs in the mercato :fp:

they are going to the stands not to cheer milan goals :D

Ehsan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
A bit off-topic,but can someone tell me how long to the beginning of the CL group-stage draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.