The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
If the phrase "more black" or "blacker" is being replaced "African descent/African Power" would that be a racial abuse? Or is it because adressing the color is just dead wrong?

Im asking a curiosity based question, and not trying to argue here.

Why should we address to a color, aint that what racism is all about? It doesn't matter if you're black, blue white or green, we all have the same qualities

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
What thing we have with BALR.? Official third shirt? Some collab?

It's a Dutch fashion brand created by footballers, van der Wiel is a shareholder. Seems like we have some connection now with it.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
I said I want black players, not Africans.

OK I'm done trolling, people get upset with playing with the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality... :lol: mi dispiace ragazzi, il giornata va lentamente...

I do think we need more physicality in midfield and attack, regardless of where they are from. Lille basically pushed us around and we had no plan B. Our game was crying out for some pace and strength.

Yes and you said we need more black players because they -apparently- have more pace, are stronger and are quicker than white people; that's what you imply actually. Interesting theory, based on what actually? Are you a scientist on DNA and stuff? It's just a normal question, I'm curious to hear a serious answer

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
What thing we have with BALR.? Official third shirt? Some collab?

It's a Dutch fashion brand created by footballers, van der Wiel is a shareholder. Seems like we have some connection now with it.

There's been talk about this for a longer period of time. It's due to the connection to Puma that they have.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nicol? Schira @NicoSchira
#Arsenal are in talks with Domenik #Szoboszlai for January. Ready a contract until 2025 + option for another season. #ACMilan are also interested in him. #Salzburg could sell him in January as happened with Haaland (BVB) and Minamino (Liverpool) last year.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He is not convincing me too much to be honest. Great dribbling, great ball control but the final product is kinda meh. He scores from time to time but he is way too keen on dribbling which often becomes problematic. We saw it against Lille - they overcrowded his area and he was completely silent during the whole game. I would buy him only if the price is very good (20 m). The talent is there, but for now he is not showing much more than raw potential.

I am more excited about Hauge for some reason. The guy looks much more direct - fast pacey dribbles, fast passes and good shot. I want to see more. Pioli should definitely give him more minutes. Since arriving the guy has literally 41 minutes...

I expect Tonali to step up pretty soon. His season's start is EXACTLY the same as last season. His first 6-7 games with Brescia were crap and only Kojak said he was a beast in them :-)fp::lol::lol::lol:). However, he did improve around the 10th round. Probably the same will happen again (hopefully)

Dalot has not convinced me at all. He had a very good game against Prague but in all honesty, they are hot garbage. Since he is owned by United, I highly doubt they will agree to give us a discount and he will probably return.

For Tonali I fear his defensive game will not improve at all. He doesn?t seem to get much about defending.

Lets see what Dalot does but so far he?s been a Laxalt.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
VultureSheva;3202776[B said:
]For Tonali I fear his defensive game will not improve at all. He doesn?t seem to get much about defending[/B].

Lets see what Dalot does but so far he?s been a Laxalt.

Disagree - seems similar to his overall start with us, a bit tentative and conservative. I have seen him tackle and win balls cleanly and also crunch opponents.

Time will tell if he becomes an imposing figure on the pitch for Milan or if the step and circumstance was too much for him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Italian players only from Primavera who should be teached our system. No more italians who grow in small clubs they all fail when moving to better clubs.

Focus in signing French, Belgian, Portuguese talents.

Scandinavian, Croatian, Brazilian, Turkish, US/Canadian and Africans as second alternative and forget about top league nationality.

Top league nationals: Italian, Spanish, English, German are all overrated trash, expensive and never reaching potential nowadays.

Barella would have been a great signing. Italian club, always going to have a core of Italian players.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Disagree - seems similar to his overall start with us, a bit tentative and conservative. I have seen him tackle and win balls cleanly and also crunch opponents.

Time will tell if he becomes an imposing figure on the pitch for Milan or if the step and circumstance was too much for him.

Just look how easily Lille player passed him here and Kjaer who is being treated as a Thiago Silva.

https://twitter.com/epic_bro77/status/1324648052951445504?s=21

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Pioli: “Criticism to Romagnoli? He is the captain and has important qualities. It is proving it even if it happens to have unfavorable episodes. The decline of Theo? Team performance also helps individuals. I'm not worried, Theo is our point of reference. It is normal not to be 100% when playing so much. Room for Hauge? We are many in that role there. He is a strong player who can find space but it is right to choose game by game. In the future we can change many things. It depends on conditions and performance. We always play to satisfy the fans. We want to give our best and tomorrow we will have the right spirit. Castillejo? It doesn't make me crazy to answer about individuals. He had a complicated summer. He is recovering. It is right to expect important performances, it has the qualities. Ibra used too much. The strategic plan is to assess the condition of individual game by game. If I have used it in these games, it means it was the best situation. It will be a busy time. We will evaluate as we go. There will be a way to make the best possible choices. We have to think one game at a time. Rebic? Is getting better. I don't think tomorrow will be from the beginning. After the break it will be one hundred percent. Against Lille we weren't able to face the match in the best possible way. They have a very high standard. Ligue 1 is underrated. We were not lucid in our choices. We will need it to understand that there are many solutions in the game and that we need to better read the spaces. We have the qualities to solve the most important problems during the games. Even if the opponents know us. With the team we always discuss what we have done and what we have not done. Footballers have to participate a lot in these analyzes. We have little time to train. They represent a moment of growth. I saw a disappointed but motivated team. Tonali. It requires patience. The important thing is to have availability and talent. It has already proved it. A great player like Renato Sanchez was found. We must try to continue growing to reach the highest levels. Sandro is doing it and will reach great levels

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
@vulture
Stop using that match as an example.
The team was wrongly set up by pioli.
With the same starting 11 we would have lost against inter and roma too

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Why Hauge can?t be tested in the RW?

Where was he in the same match you are using to bash Tonali?

There will be enough time to see who cements their spot and positions.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kjaer lost his marker, Roma had to cover two players, Kjaer went after the man with the ball and then left a huge open space behind him, which is how they scored.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Kjaer is nothing to blame here in this situation.. it's all on tonali and a slow roma. Even Theo didnt care about covering his guy.. who didn't receive the ball in the end but he could have

Roma was the only one in position, how can he mark 3 players alone?

How do you watch football?

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Kjaer lost his marker, Roma had to cover two players, Kjaer went after the man with the ball and then left a huge open space behind him, which is how they scored.

You have to realize this was a 'counter' so everybody was out of position to start with. Kjaer doesn't need to cover that guy on the midfield lol, that's way too deep.. If he did, Pioli must have told him to do that, but it's very unusual, then it makes more sense to play another formation, to have an extra player on the midfield. Kjaer was outplayed by a great pass, which he couldnt do anything about. Roma needed to take over there because he was in a much better position, to start with, but he reacted like a snail on xanax. When roma leaves his position, it's up to tonali to cover that open gap roma left (because kjaer was too far away, again not his fault) but he didn't find it necessary to run back (which is very weird as it was his mark who set up the attack in the first place). I think bennacer wouldn't have let this happen..

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Yes and you said we need more black players because they -apparently- have more pace, are stronger and are quicker than white people; that's what you imply actually. Interesting theory, based on what actually? Are you a scientist on DNA and stuff? It's just a normal question, I'm curious to hear a serious answer
I can?t give a serious answer because the premise my comment was based on wasn?t serious. I was playing with stereotypes about my own race in jest. Here in the US we have this election, you may have heard about it, its become quite stressful so I decided to amuse myself. That being said, every stereotype is based in some small truth.

I can only attempt to answer your question seriously, so here goes. Are black/west african players always faster, stronger, quicker? Not necessarily. Theo is our fastest and (second) strongest player and I don?t believe he has much west african DNA - at least not to the naked eye. However, I don?t have a problem with the stereotype from that perspective, where it becomes problematic is when we say ?black = more athletic? therefore ?white= more intelligent? or some variation of that. It?s not based on anything scientific. Intelligence is notoriously difficult to define, first of all, as there are too many factors dependent on culture and environment. These types of ideas were used to further eugenics derived views/ideas/laws/societies so I think its dangerous to play with the notion.

Athleticism is a bit easier, but only in the context of specific sports. A marathon runner is an athlete, for example, but his atheleticism doesn?t translate to American footballs definition or standards per se. Where the whole thing intrigues me is in the ideas around why black people in N.America seem to be even more athletic than our West AFrican cousins and I?ve always assumed the link is chattal slavery. When you reduce a population to its most useful Athletic traits for the purpose of using them as workers it will inevitably produce more strong people over generations. Lebron James? don?t happen without chattal slavery (...and western diets and advanced American training facilities).

Similarly, slavic people are stereotypically stronger athletes than their Western European counterparts. ?Slav?, as many of you know, is where the word ?slave? comes from (As is the word ?Ciao!? as it was a word passed down from latin and changed phoenetically over the course of history, so that when we?re saying hello in Italian what we?re really saying is more akin to ?at your service!?). They are an ethnic group who at some point in history were subjected to slavery for generations, resulting more than likely in genetic makeup favoring athletic prowess. Rebic would be an anecdotal example, the guy is a bull. So its not just ?black? players who can stereotypically be considered more athletic, no.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Roma was the only one in position, how can he mark 3 players alone?

How do you watch football?

How do you read? Football is about taking over players who run into your zone. I never said roma needs to mark 3 players. Roma covers the upcoming guy (which would be kjaers task but because of circumstances, he couldn't do it), so he leaves a gap behind him that needs to be covered by Theo, Kessie or tonali, but the first two were too deep when the attack started. Tonali was THE guy to get his ass back there, not kjaer

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
How do you read? Football is about taking over players who run into your zone. I never said roma needs to mark 3 players. Roma covers the upcoming guy (which would be kjaers task but because of circumstances, he couldn't do it), so he leaves a gap behind him that needs to be covered by Theo, Kessie or tonali, but the first two were too deep when the attack started. Tonali was THE guy to get his ass back there, not kjaer

Those who let Roma in 1 vs 3 situation are to blame. Mourinho said very well, its easy to blame the last man without looking at the action and where other players were.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Those who let Roma in 1 vs 3 situation are to blame. Mourinho said very well, its easy to blame the last man without looking at the action and where other players were.

Yes and I blame tonali while you were talking rubbish about kjaer. My point exactly. But I also blame Roma for reacting way too slowly. You can't deny that

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Wtf, let’s get real, Kjaer was caught ball watching

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He does mistakes every game but nobody wants to care, new Thiago Silva.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes and I blame tonali while you were talking rubbish about kjaer. My point exactly. But I also blame Roma for reacting way too slowly. You can't deny that

Kjaer gets out of position. He leaves the space behind him, he didn't have to charge forward. Roma wasn't slow to react he has to try and cover several players, he's making up for others mistakes.

I'm actually not a huge Romagnoli fan. I think defenders today are all trash. I just think he gets too much criticism when he doesn't deserve it.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's laughable to blame any 1 player in this situation. There is not a single player in that sequence that did ok. Everyone is out of position. Everyone is at least a second or two late on their marking. Everyone is slow to make up ground. You see 4 Lille players sprinting vertically like crazy to get ahead of our players. Pause at 10 seconds and you'll see what I'm talking about. Theo, Kessie, Tonali...all seem in slow motion coming back when compared to the Lille players. Kjaer made a better effort, but he was the one who initially got out of position and was late stepping to the ball resulting in him easily being thrown out of the play.

Romagnoli had a terrible game (not just 1 lately btw). Kjaer had a bad game and so did Kessie and Theo. We can criticize them for their play in this game overall. But that one sequence on the 3rd goal...don't single any one of them out. It was a complete breakdown and frankly, lack of effort and concentration.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
I can?t give a serious answer because the premise my comment was based on wasn?t serious. I was playing with stereotypes about my own race in jest. Here in the US we have this election, you may have heard about it, its become quite stressful so I decided to amuse myself. That being said, every stereotype is based in some small truth.

I can only attempt to answer your question seriously, so here goes. Are black/west african players always faster, stronger, quicker? Not necessarily. Theo is our fastest and (second) strongest player and I don?t believe he has much west african DNA - at least not to the naked eye. However, I don?t have a problem with the stereotype from that perspective, where it becomes problematic is when we say ?black = more athletic? therefore ?white= more intelligent? or some variation of that. It?s not based on anything scientific. Intelligence is notoriously difficult to define, first of all, as there are too many factors dependent on culture and environment. These types of ideas were used to further eugenics derived views/ideas/laws/societies so I think its dangerous to play with the notion.

Athleticism is a bit easier, but only in the context of specific sports. A marathon runner is an athlete, for example, but his atheleticism doesn?t translate to American footballs definition or standards per se. Where the whole thing intrigues me is in the ideas around why black people in N.America seem to be even more athletic than our West AFrican cousins and I?ve always assumed the link is chattal slavery. When you reduce a population to its most useful Athletic traits for the purpose of using them as workers it will inevitably produce more strong people over generations. Lebron James? don?t happen without chattal slavery (...and western diets and advanced American training facilities).

Similarly, slavic people are stereotypically stronger athletes than their Western European counterparts. ?Slav?, as many of you know, is where the word ?slave? comes from (As is the word ?Ciao!? as it was a word passed down from latin and changed phoenetically over the course of history, so that when we?re saying hello in Italian what we?re really saying is more akin to ?at your service!?). They are an ethnic group who at some point in history were subjected to slavery for generations, resulting more than likely in genetic makeup favoring athletic prowess. Rebic would be an anecdotal example, the guy is a bull. So its not just ?black? players who can stereotypically be considered more athletic, no.

Will get back to this later!

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Kjaer gets out of position. He leaves the space behind him, he didn't have to charge forward. Roma wasn't slow to react he has to try and cover several players, he's making up for others mistakes.

I'm actually not a huge Romagnoli fan. I think defenders today are all trash. I just think he gets too much criticism when he doesn't deserve it.

So you expect kjaer to cover that guy in the midfield? He's not a midfielder, it's too deep, defending so deep on the pitch would always leave too much space in the back and will always leave the defense vulnerable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule