Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
For all of Mirabelli’s shortcomings, at least him and Fassone made the right decision regarding Gattuso.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Sure, but questioning the extension before season end is also a legitimate stance.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
3 years extention is a right decision :lol:
im not even sure zidane has that kind of extention when he led real won the fucking CL :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
you're comparing two very different situations

what milan lacks now is stability around the club and more importantly the squad - gattuso gives us that with his history here and ability to create a team. real already have that since a long time.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
you're comparing two very different situations

what milan lacks now is stability around the club and more importantly the squad - gattuso gives us that with his history here and ability to create a team. real already have that since a long time.

The problem here is 3 years. Its so fucking long for a coach without any achievement like him.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yes because it's unheard of to break a contract with a coach. Whatever will we do if Gattuso after 1.5 years rapes the janitor? Then we will have to live with a snail eating rapist as a coach. :eek:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
yeah contracts don't mean shit in modern football, who cares

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
1 years extension would negate the point they're trying to make with stability, because then next season the insecurity of the coach's future would be there all the time. 2 years would have been better than 3 in case he fails.

but analyzing stuff like this is going full r3tard as a fan.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd hire tassotti to be his assistant, it would be a massive benefit for him to have a veteran like tassotti assist him.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
yeah contracts don't mean shit in modern football, who cares

Well it means that they wouldn’t sack him this summer, which would have been the right thing to do

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Stability, yeah right.
I'd love to see we stabilize our position in the mid-table :love:

Ikr :lol:
Stability what? A midtable team like milan wants to stabilize:lol:
No we dont need that. We dont need mediocre players like jack, kalinic to stabilize their mediocre, we dont need players like suso to stabilize their bad form either.
What we need is a big leap forward, a coach who can get the best out of our players. Everyone needs to play 200% at everything. And grinta alone doesn't help.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Well it means that they wouldn’t sack him this summer, which would have been the right thing to do

Ikr :lol:
Stability what? A midtable team like milan wants to stabilize:lol:
No we dont need that. We dont need mediocre players like jack, kalinic to stabilize their mediocre, we dont need players like suso to stabilize their bad form either.
What we need is a big leap forward, a coach who can get the best out of our players. Everyone needs to play 200% at everything. And grinta alone doesn't help.

@admin Please introduce minimum IQ 80 in this forum.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Lol grinta. Grit bullshit whatever. Gattuso has looked inept when it comes to in game substitutions. I would prefer to see him work as an assitant coach under a wc coach like conte or sarri for example. Once he learns the trade, he can takeover provided he is good enough. Now he is under contract so the possibility of changing coaches are slim unless gattuso drastically fails to improve our team next season.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1 years extension would negate the point they're trying to make with stability, because then next season the insecurity of the coach's future would be there all the time. 2 years would have been better than 3 in case he fails.

but analyzing stuff like this is going full r3tard as a fan.

:thumbsup::star:

Lol ppl, contracts can be broken... are you even thinking before posting

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
ok smart guy please enlighten me how we are so stabilizing about not getting points against beneveto :proud:

"How we are so stabilizing about not getting points..."? what?

Have I said that this club/squad is stable? I said the exact opposite a couple of posts ago. What I said was that someone like Gattuso can give us that. And if he doesn't then we can fire him. Stability doesn't come with one or two games or even a season if you're unlucky, I don't understand the point you're trying to make with the Benevento game.

Clubs need different type of coaches at different times. There are top coaches that could take us to the next level, but to be able to reach those levels you have to build a foundation first - this is what we're doing now, that's the phase we're in. Some may like and some may dislike the choices the club's made during this process, but that's were we're at right now.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

In what world does he deserved to be sacked, not to mention he's one of our legends - what a stupid thing to say.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Extending Gattuso's contract by 3 years in the name of stability is like building a pyramid with cheap chinese cement and hope it will last thousands of years :lol:

Even better, they also announced the pyramid project in a middle of a great famine :lol:

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Lmao what a explanation

Brilliant

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You don't rush to give a guy with a horrible track record and zero options a 3 year extension, IMO. I love Gattuso, and I think overall he has done a fine job, but I've always doubted he has any chance of returning Milan to what we once were.

In hindsight, Mirabelli and Fassone wasted a lot of money last summer between Kalinic, Biglia, and Silva. You could argue that Bonucci was also a waste, but the defense has been pretty solid so far this calendar year.

No issue with the three of them going, but if they do, top level personnel needs to be brought in, but I'm not sure how attractive Milan is right now.

In all, we seem as far away as ever from returning to the elite of Europe, and that's pretty depressing.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
F and M are a joke. They should be the first ones to go. When are we ever going to get a competent management team.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Official: Gennaro Gattuso Thread

In what world does he deserved to be sacked, not to mention he's one of our legends - what a stupid thing to say.

He was our legend as a FOOTBALL PLAYER!.

- gave bonavento their ONLY away win this season.. in san siro
- scoring 3 goals in the last 6 matches
- very predictable offensive game
- starting kalinic every time
- bad ingame tactical changes the past few weeks.

They should have waited till the season was over before extending his contract.. If you disagree, then tell me why you think extending his contract by 3 years with 8 matches remaining to be played was a good idea?

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we could choose between him or a wc coach. There is no doubt i would pick the latter. I dont care anout gattuso's past. He isnt bigger than milan. We need the right tools to compete at an elite level. Gattuso can be used as a stepping stone. Enough with this nepotism bullshit. Is he helping the team achieve its objectives? If he doesnt then he can leave.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He was our legend as a FOOTBALL PLAYER!.

- gave bonavento their ONLY away win this season.. in san siro
- scoring 3 goals in the last 6 matches
- very predictable offensive game
- starting kalinic every time
- bad ingame tactical changes the past few weeks.

They should have waited till the season was over before extending his contract.. If you disagree, then tell me why you think extending his contract by 3 years with 8 matches remaining to be played was a good idea?

- was it his fault all 3 of his strikers who played were absolute garbage?

- 3 of the matches have been against napoli, juve and inter

- very shit offensive options, none of our attackers including wingers start for any top 6 serie A side.

- doesn't matter when andre silva is awful and cutrone has been off form for months

- his only weakness that i agree with, but when you have serie B level depth, it's hard to change anything.

the delusion here is insane, do you guys actually think conte, sarri or any top coach is going to join a team with such a shit squad + a club who will most likely have real financial/ownership issues in the coming months?

it's either stick with rino who has done a good job with the shit he's got, or mancini, giampaolo from sampdoria etc.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
in regards to his extension, I didn't support the 3 year deal.

IMO they should have waited until the end of the season and offered him a 1 year deal with an automatic 2 year extension only if he finishes in the top 4.

but when you have the worst duo to ever run a football club, these things happen.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
in regards to his extension, I didn't support the 3 year deal.

IMO they should have waited until the end of the season and offered him a 1 year deal with an automatic 2 year extension only if he finishes in the top 4.

but when you have the worst duo to ever run a football club, these things happen.

I agree this.

Regarding the last part, though - we don't know all the clauses of the contract. The 3 years may be more as an act of stability and consistency + as a morale boost. But, there might and, normally, should be clauses connected to performance, that allow us to sack him without problems and too many financial repercussions.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
- was it his fault all 3 of his strikers who played were absolute garbage?

- 3 of the matches have been against napoli, juve and inter

- very shit offensive options, none of our attackers including wingers start for any top 6 serie A side.

- doesn't matter when andre silva is awful and cutrone has been off form for months

- his only weakness that i agree with, but when you have serie B level depth, it's hard to change anything.

the delusion here is insane, do you guys actually think conte, sarri or any top coach is going to join a team with such a shit squad + a club who will most likely have real financial/ownership issues in the coming months?

it's either stick with rino who has done a good job with the shit he's got, or mancini, giampaolo from sampdoria etc.

Our attack is mediocre atm because it’s hella predictable.. while we have slowass players at the top, we still should do better than this.. no off the ball movements whatsoever, it is the same routine every damn time. 100p the coachs fault for letting bonavento get their SECOND clean sheet in 34 matches.

- Also Andre silva literally gave him 6 points before these past horrible results. But was benched for kalinic the following matches. So gattuso HAD choices on this regard.

_______

We all know it would be hard to attract the likes of conte/sarri, but all am saying is we should have WAITED and seen the coaching options available on the market before extending gattuso’s contract. You never know what can happen, we got bonucci after all.