...............|
........Suso-Bacca
...............|
.............Balo

Last edited:

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think we should play the same set up that we played with against fiorentina. Our high pressing should work against a team of empoli's stature.

The reason our setup was such a failure against fiore was because the midfield was too light weight.

Against teams with better midfield and organisation like the romas, romas, and juves we should pack the midfield.

I would definitely play montolivo either as the cdm or one of the side midfielders, his our only true midfielder by trade that can pass.

Also Bertolaci needs to stop being scared and trust his abilities it looks like he plays it safe too much and is lacking in confidence.

Against smaller teams though I think we can play with the dejong berto bona mid and the result will usually go the way of perugia.

I think people are overreacting and freaking out for no reason, that was our first match against a team that had a stellar preseason with a new coach playing at home.

Give the team a couple of games before you start lynching players and giving them silly nick names.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
De Jong talks big on twitter ain't do shit on pitch.

#Dedication

Milana-Vayntrub-Winks-For-The-Camera-As-She-Cooks-ATT-Mobile-Girl.gif

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Balotelli should definitely not be starting. I will seriously fuck something up if he starts just because of his name. He needs to train more and can start if the either of the top 2 start playing badly.

Berto should start on the left and Poli on the right. Honda should start with NDJ behind him.

Abate should be given a run. Paletta should start next to Nesta#2.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we should play the same set up that we played with against fiorentina. Our high pressing should work against a team of empoli's stature.

The reason our setup was such a failure against fiore was because the midfield was too light weight.

Against teams with better midfield and organisation like the romas, romas, and juves we should pack the midfield.

I would definitely play montolivo either as the cdm or one of the side midfielders, his our only true midfielder by trade that can pass.

Also Bertolaci needs to stop being scared and trust his abilities it looks like he plays it safe too much and is lacking in confidence.

Against smaller teams though I think we can play with the dejong berto bona mid and the result will usually go the way of perugia.

I think people are overreacting and freaking out for no reason, that was our first match against a team that had a stellar preseason with a new coach playing at home.

Give the team a couple of games before you start lynching players and giving them silly nick names.

agreed, i'd do the same thing.

only difference would be subbing on balo instead of cerci/matri and that already is an improvement to the last game.

curious why we haven't seen any minutes for Suso in so long, are we trying to push him out?

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Balotelli should definitely not be starting. I will seriously fuck something up if he starts just because of his name. He needs to train more and can start if the either of the top 2 start playing badly.

Berto should start on the left and Poli on the right. Honda should start with NDJ behind him.

Abate should be given a run. Paletta should start next to Nesta#2.

Please no :fp:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still no mexses?:head:

2:1 milan bacca, adriano, balotelli (OG from middle of the pitch or from the bench)

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
4-0

bertolacci 2x, de jong, balotelli

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
bacca will get his first official goal against inter

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Balotelli hasn't even played any pre-season games little lone competitive matches. And some people want /think he should start.

Laptop supporters eh ?

Anyway, I think we'll only get a 1-0 win here but it's enough to get us rolling.

are we really starting Zapata ? IF Paletta is still about start him and bench De Jong.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Balotelli hasn't even played any pre-season games little lone competitive matches. And some people want /think he should start.

Laptop supporters eh ?

are you a desktop supporter?

Reaction score
A win is fairly important in this game. Obviously it's only the start of the season but if we were to lose the first two games the pressure would creep in already.

I think it's a game we will win though. Like everyone else I think we need that quality midfielder to take this squad up a level.

I like Miha and hope he gets a good result and performance against Empoli and really kickstart this season and start getting Milan back where they belong.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Lets hope for better display then last match if we dont win heads will drop making our next matches harder. i agree balotelli should not start he should put in the effort in training maybe get a sub apperance and we can see how he does i think bacca and adriano with service are quality

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Laptop supporter

Lmao

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
is Balo fit enough to play in this game?

I don't think he really trained hard this summer at pool

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Mihajlovic:

“In the interview yesterday, he told you what I said,” Mihajlovic explained, speaking to Milan Channel.

“Now he has to keep his promises, it depends on him. He’s training well. He lacks match sharpness, but you can see he’s been working, he hasn’t stopped.

“He’s made a moral commitment in front of everyone, we hope he’ll do what he said.”

The Rossoneri lost their opening fixture, but Mihajlovic hopes for a different outcome against Empoli this weekend, and called on fans to back the team.

“We got off on the wrong foot in Florence, and all the individual moments went against us. I’d like to play that game again, 11 v 11.

“We could have done better in the first 35 minutes, that was also down to our opponents but I prefer to look at ourselves.

“In any case, we’re not looking for excuses. We must not underestimate Empoli, it’s down to us. We’re playing at home, so we have to win strongly.

“The fans are important, as [Vujadin] Boskov said, a match without fans is like a woman without breasts.

“The fans are vital, we’ll give everything out on the pitch to do well for them. I’m convinced we can do well.”

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Mihajlovic:

?The fans are important, as [Vujadin] Boskov said, a match without fans is like a woman without breasts.

?The fans are vital, we?ll give everything out on the pitch to do well for them. I?m convinced we can do well.?

:proud:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
----------------Lopez-----------------
De Sciglio-Zapata-Romagnoli-Antonelli
--Bertolacci--De Jong---Kucka------
----------------Honda----------------
------Luiz Adriano----Bacca---------

Balotelli to come on and score

3-1 Milan win

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
----------------Lopez-----------------
De Sciglio-Zapata-Romagnoli-Antonelli
--Bertolacci--De Jong---Kucka------
----------------Honda----------------
------Luiz Adriano----Bacca---------

:thumbsup:
With kucka i will try to use monto (but not sure if miha will not go safe because of previous lost)
Empoli lost on own stadium against Chievo 1:3 so i would like to see win with at least 3 goals difference on san siro.
24h to start

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS
:lol: we have a poet as coach. Good thing this is not America.

He is known for quoting famous people, and his favorite person whom he quotes the most is Sampdoria and Serbian legend Vujadin Boskov (and a former coach of his).

I dont know which of these quotes Miha used himself but some of the best Boskov quotes are:

-A great footballer sees highways where the others see just lanes.
-Better losing one match for 6-0 than six matches for 1-0
-I think that, in order to score, we need to shoot. :)
-Penalty is when referee blows the whistle. (was asked about penalty call not given)

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
3-1.

L. Adriano (x 2), Bonaventura, Maccarone (E)

Schedule