The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 08-04-2010, 18:46   #261
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

too bad he'll never leave barcelona and try in some other league..
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 18:47   #262
akewander
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

first off, i dont get why some people want him to move and prove his worth somewhere else, why would a player who won everyting with his club and is playing the best football there is wouyld want to leave is beyond me, he is a barca legend, he doesnt need to go anywhere to prove anything to anybody.

xavi and inesta played great last year and the def helped th team, messi also played great last year, this year xavi and inesta havnt been that influential, messis goals against arsenal were all made by himself, his first a rocket, he second he mad the great pass that split arsenal, the third he put pressure on vermallen to get the ball and got the pass from keita and chiiped the keeper, his last he got pass 3 def and scored.

the guy has scored 4 hatricks this season, all that is missing from his cabinet is a worldcup, maradoona at 22 failed at the worldcup.

he hasnt reached ronaldo(real) zidane maradonna or pele, status but if he keeps going like he is and keeps winning cl, la liga titles and fifa world player of the year title he will most certainley outpass them.

de stefano didnt win a world cup, but he is right up there with pele and maradonna and best.

no one is saying he is the best ever, its far too early, all there saying is he has the potential to be the best ever.
he is now most certainley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> critiano.

and yes we are lucky to be witnessing an era where a player can get past 5 def like there not there, people were lucky to se maradonna do it live why shouldnt we call it lucky to see messi do it

seriously, i dont know where ur hate is from , if its barca i hate barca aswell, but if ur a true football fan u cant help but love the football that is being shown.

i bet if he played for milan we wouldnt even be having this discussion

also xavi was around when ronni eplayed there, but no one mentions xavi back then.

Signature
Winter Is Coming

Last edited by akewander; 08-04-2010 at 18:54.
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 18:52   #263
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Claiming CR is better than Messi is ridicules at this point. You don't need stats to see that, just watch them play.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 19:37   #264
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Yeah ill just stay in denial till i see what he does vs samuel/lucio/maicon. If he flops ill keep on hatin and claim gaylord is better. Hes struggled vs clichy/gallas so hell probably do the same vs the best defense in the world
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 21:13   #265
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
Fair enough.

but don't you think it's kind of a bs statement to make. He's just lucky to be on a great team. He is great player but I'm not convinced if you didn't swap him with other players barca wouldn't achieve same.

Do you have any doubt if CR was in his position Barca wouldn't have achieved same? What about Ribery/Robben and others??? I'm not sure... I know last year Xavi/Iniesta were on a different planet, Eto'o was healthy, Herny fit in, Dani Alves was a freak force up the right side. This doesn't discount Messi but he was just another cog in a well oiled machine.

And thats what bugs me about the media claims 'best ever' or people who post 'we r lucky to live in era of messi', when it's like are you kidding, he doesn't approach Zidane or Ronaldo or Ronaldinho in prime who I saw with my own eyes. Or even CR to me... Personal pet peeve i suppose
+1, exactly my thoughts (and I still believe that the most important engines of Barcelona are the two dwarfs, Xavi-Iniesta)

Argh, seriously everyone is saying he has surpassed Maradona, just cause he scored 4 past Arsenal. It bothers me, Maradona made Napoli go number #1 in Italy ahead of a team that revolutionized football and had the best defense ever seen, that's 10x harder than what Messi is doing (he is great but seriously his also lucky to be where he is atm, he more than likely wouldn't have as many trophies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev1L View Post
too bad he'll never leave barcelona and try in some other league..
Uhm, although he has the added that he is part of their youth, I know Barcelona fans are the biggest assholes in the world with their stars that aren't catalunian (else Valdez would already been out). I bet that at 30 he will already be elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
The the 'lack' of great defenders topic, I guess it's because these days defending isn't seen as such an art as it used to be. Most kids growing up want to be the next Ronaldinho, not the next Maldini.
If I ever have a kid, and in such case a son, my whole purpose with him would be to become the next Maldini, seriously if things keep like their going and he just turns out to be 25% of Maldini or Baresi or Nesta, he'll be a star wanted by everyone, and then everyone will overrate him saying "best defender ever".
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 21:15   #266
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
+1, exactly my thoughts (and I still believe that the most important engines of Barcelona are the two dwarfs, Xavi-Iniesta)
Xavi is for sure. Iniesta not so sure.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 21:22   #267
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

This is Ronaldinho scenario part 2 all over again. I remember up until World Cup 06. People were saying Ronaldinho was the best ever, oh he better than Maradona, Zidane etc. Come World Cup time he gets found out for not being as good as the Barcelona system portrayed him as and all that best ever talk stop.

This is nothing new even C. Ronaldo was getting this hype during and after his 42 goal. Where I heard the same thing as I am hearing for Messi now. Best player since Maradona etc...

I bet you after the World Cup if Messi does not replicate his Barca form for Argentina and they lose; he will be label as over-rated by the same posters, pundits and journalist who were saying all this "best ever" nonsense.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 21:26   #268
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Xavi is for sure. Iniesta not so sure.
Iniesta is a monster. He is EVERYTHING Milan lack. Self-less player, plays every position, moves brilliantly WITHOUT the ball. He is whereever he needs to be and IMO makes team function so well.....There really aren't players like him.

Also consider fact that spanish NT is much better with iniesta than with fabregas because of that reason

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 21:42   #269
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
Iniesta is a monster. He is EVERYTHING Milan lack. Self-less player, plays every position, moves brilliantly WITHOUT the ball. He is whereever he needs to be and IMO makes team function so well.....There really aren't players like him.

Also consider fact that spanish NT is much better with iniesta than with fabregas because of that reason
He sure is what we are missing, true.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 22:02   #270
boomheadshot45
Rookie

Fav. Players: Fabregas, Vermaelen, Maldini, Pirlo, Charlie Davies, Amobi Okugo, Dempsey.

I don't see how you guys can blame Messi entirely for his performances for Argentina. Maradona is a horrible tactician, and there have been consistent squad changes.
With the whole CR vs. Messi thing, I believe Messi is better. And Iniesta is certainly not the best player in the world. Xavi is the most important for Barca. Barca without Xavi are not Barcelona, but Barca without Iniesta are less potent but still Barcelona. No other player passes nearly as much and keeps possession as well as does Xavi does.
Quote:
You do realize that when Spain played with Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Senna, Silva, and then Torres/Villa up top they were much better then when playing with two up top and no Fabregas? -> That's how they first lined up and their better XI was
And to all of the people who say "Xavi makes Messi look better than he is" of course he does. Xavi will make an ST/RW/LW/LF/RF look better but how many goals have been all Messi? The answer is a lot.
boomheadshot45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 22:07   #271
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomheadshot45 View Post
You do realize that when Spain played with Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Senna, Silva, and then Torres/Villa up top they were much better then when playing with two up top and no Fabregas?
Thats more an issue of Torres/Villa not working. Even then with the 5 man they controlled possession but didn't attack too well.

Where they were bad was in games where they dropped Iniesta for fabregas and went w/ Fab and Xavi. They didn't compute as well, both want ball and not really big on off ball movement. Not a knock on them, they would be main playmaker on every team.

My simple point was iniesta's versatility and ability to play without the ball made EVERYONE better.

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 08-04-2010, 22:10   #272
boomheadshot45
Rookie

Fav. Players: Fabregas, Vermaelen, Maldini, Pirlo, Charlie Davies, Amobi Okugo, Dempsey.

Quote:
Thats more an issue of Torres/Villa not working. Even then with the 5 man they controlled possession but didn't attack too well.

Where they were bad was in games where they dropped Iniesta for fabregas and went w/ Fab and Xavi. They didn't compute as well, both want ball and not really big on off ball movement. Not a knock on them, they would be main playmaker on every team.

My simple point was iniesta's versatility and ability to play without the ball made EVERYONE better.
I believe know that Xavi and Fab would work as Fab's average position is much higher up the pitch than last years where he would sit back like what Xavi does.
boomheadshot45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 23:43   #273
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
Argh, seriously everyone is saying he has surpassed Maradona, just cause he scored 4 past Arsenal.
Where did exactly everyone said so ?
The overstatement is saying Maradona was playing alone.
True his contribution was bigger than any of Messi , Xavi , Messi , CR , Ronaldo but dont make it like he was playing alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMichael View Post
No one was saying anything that.
Read the arguments & u will see that many r saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMichael View Post
Everyone knows that the 2 best players in the world are Messi and Ronaldo. Whoever comes first is just a matter of opinion.
Exactly.
And when I said that + there was some users were arguing with me is an indication that they dont agree about it.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:15   #274
GreatKalu
I still believe!

WTF you guys ... I'm bitterly disappointed in you

Using Fat Ronaldo, Zidane, etc. to compare with Messi? While forgetting the greatest footballer ever? This sentence doesn't particularly mean much ... just didn't want to contaminate the punchline by putting it in the same paragraph where Fat Ronaldo was mentioned

Achievement-wise, Messi is yet to reach Paolo's tally at his age

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 13:22   #275
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Yeah, two months ago Rooney was the best, now its Messi again... Lets see what name the World Cup brings, but I doubt it will be the midget's, seeing how he's not half the player he is for Barca with his nt.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 13:37   #276
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Yeah, two months ago Rooney was the best, now its Messi again... Lets see what name the World Cup brings, but I doubt it will be the midget's, seeing how he's not half the player he is for Barca with his nt.
U think he is the only under achiever with Argetina ?
Maradona suck balls & almost all of their players strugle with him in charge.
And when did any of us minus the ManU fans said Rooney is the best in the world ?
We all agreed he is having an amazing season which is a fact.
Oh I just cant wait till Barca piss all over Real next tomorrow & hopefully Messi will have a good night night.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 13:52   #277
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

Quote:
Say what who said that?????? rooney is a goal scorer but an entertainer?????? mmmm not so much ....messi is an amazer with the things he pulls off but for pure entertainment its gotta be Dinho hands down
i still believe dinho at his peak will wipe the floor with your M10,CR,K22 he is truly the best .......btw wtf is with the whole "white pele" being accepted?????? its a f@ck!ng joke
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 18:10   #278
Madridista

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
U think he is the only under achiever with Argetina ?
Maradona suck balls & almost all of their players strugle with him in charge.
And when did any of us minus the ManU fans said Rooney is the best in the world ?
We all agreed he is having an amazing season which is a fact.
Oh I just cant wait till Barca piss all over Real next tomorrow & hopefully Messi will have a good night night.
Well its different when the underachiever is Tevez or Aguero, as nobody labels them the best player in the world. As for Rooney just a month or so ago, there were the goal.com 'editorials' about him becoming the best in the world. Yeah he is having a great season, and so does Messi. But Cristiano Ronaldo is better than both of them, and they aren't fit to clean the shoes of Ronaldinho or Ronaldo in their prime.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Old 09-04-2010, 18:18   #279
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomheadshot45 View Post
I believe know that Xavi and Fab would work as Fab's average position is much higher up the pitch than last years where he would sit back like what Xavi does.
TBH I don't like him that high. I mean i see advantages but i would want ball at his feet all game. Then again if you have xavi, it's a different story.

It can work but they need iniesta and someone else around them or they become static like Milan. Awesome technique, vision, general lack of mobility/off ball movement... sounds like pirlo/seedorf. And thats my only point. You need a balanced squad and the times they have played... fab, senna, xavi in central midfield trio it's looked static however awesome there technique is

But you r right about torres/villa not being best. It's why I wouldnt want torres at milan with pato. He doesn't function well with another striker. He's a beast he needs service and he's selfish. He deserves to be cause he's that clinical but i never seen him really succeed in a 2 striker system.

Quote:
Well its different when the underachiever is Tevez or Aguero, as nobody labels them the best player in the world. As for Rooney just a month or so ago, there were the goal.com 'editorials' about him becoming the best in the world. Yeah he is having a great season, and so does Messi. But Cristiano Ronaldo is better than both of them, and they aren't fit to clean the shoes of Ronaldinho or Ronaldo in their prime.
It's been more a matter of him not being poor for Argentina, ronaldo has been poor for portugal but he's also been damn good. Messi has been garbage for argentina except w/ u23s.

and while maradona may be a garbage coach, that team has too much talent and he's supposedly 'too good' to have that little an impact.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 09-04-2010, 18:34   #280
Madridista

ffs Messi has a lot better team in Argentina around him than Ronaldo has in Portugal. Ronaldo always makes the difference for Portugal and is their best player, and Messi isn't for Argentina.

Signature

#ForeverMario