Milan duo going nowhere, sais Carlo!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
(Channel4.com)
Monday 24 May, 2004

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is confident that Massimo Ambrosini and Christian Abbiati will remain with the club.

The two men have been linked with moves after failing to break into the side but the Coach insists they will stay.

"A lot of people are saying that Ambrosini, Abbiati and Cristian Brocchi will leave but I don’t believe they are going anywhere," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Ambrosini has been heavily associated with a move to Roma and Sampdoria, while the goalkeeper is an alleged Arsenal target.

Ancelotti is keen to keep them in a squad that is already looking even stronger after a couple of new arrivals.

"We’ve signed Jaap Stam who is an extraordinary defender," added the tactician. "We’re also expecting a lot from Lyon’s Vikash Dhorasoo.

"Who else will be signed? I haven’t asked for anyone in particular. After all, the spine to our side is still young and very strong as we have Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka and Shevchenko."

When asked about his aims for the new season, Ancelotti insisted that he wants a Scudetto and Champions’ League double.

"That is the objective," he explained. "We’ve realised what mistakes we made this season even if it is extremely tough to win in Italy and Europe."

The Rossoneri comfortably won the Italian title this year but he believes Milan will have one more opponent next season.

"I fear Inter," he surprisingly stated. "They will be very dangerous as they are carrying a lot of anger inside. If they can transform that into a positive then they could do well."

((I hope he's tellin' the truth, 'cause I don't want 'em to leave either.
They're truly Milan players and they should remain at the club 'till the end of their careers!))

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
this makes me really happy. :)

Schedule