Jose Mourinho Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Fiero

Reaction score
If Jose Mourinho is wrong, right – with whom I initially fell out in late 1991 – may well have lost my support for good. Football without Mourinho may as well not bother anymore. Football without Mourinho is tenuous narratives and questions of why, exactly, this, this and this matters – when none of it does.

According to those who would know, Mourinho is, ‘destroying Spanish football,’ and ‘outside of the spirit of the game,’ and – the old ones are the best – ‘an enemy to football.’ All correct. But look at the state of modern football. It deserves enemies.

A flicked wrist and pokey finger engaged the world’s ersatz anger button: Mourinho’s eye-gouge on Barcelona’s number two humped column inches for days. There are two ways of looking at the incident, not that you would know it from the blather: the first, that Mourinho was reckless and dangerous; the second, it was fun. And that’s even before mentioning his denial of the victim’s existence afterwards.

Amongst ten thousand shades of grey, all of which still manage to resemble shit, the Technicolor that the narcissist lunging off Real Madrid’s bench gives us are more than just light relief, they’re the only real stories we get. Though the men charged with writing 900 words every Sunday work diligently to turn Sir Alex Ferguson’s empty words and Arsene Wenger’s white lies into attractive prose and genuine conflict – there is, for the most part: healthy respect, kind regard or carefully guarded in football today – none of which makes for a thriller.

Mourinho does. What’s he got? Dissidence, smears and brash celebrations: the real, dirty, nasty conflict. The irony is that a media so comfortable making up their own stories now fears the real story. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the middle aged, middle class comfort zone: it would rather create its own mavericks – the Martin O’Neil, who says clever things, even the Wayne Rooney, who plays a cutting through ball. Mourinho makes our media men uncomfortable because he isn’t always in control. In a move outlawed a very long time ago, sometimes…he just does what he wants.

Mourinho made Alex Ferguson uncomfortable. The result? A Manchester United resurgence which hadn’t been coming; a Champions League win, some of the best football at that club in years.

Uncomfortable isn’t good – it’s essential. The popular lethargy movement calling itself the Premier League needs uncomfortable back. Those who fell off The Special One bandwagon after Eye-Gouge-Gate because it went too far “this time”, never deserved membership – gouging the eye, expressing the conspiracy theory, all with a clinical nonchalance, are what Mourinho is.

That though, falls well short of the bottom line. Sneering at Barcelona and occasional violence are worthy pursuits but not enough: football thirsts for Mourinho because the emotional extremes are just the tantalising starter, setting up a coach who happens to be the best there is for a more substantial two-fingered salute. After this season, he will have won the European Cup with three different teams, something that no other coach has ever done – or if they have, I’m not interested in looking it up.

Behind the facade, there’s a coach who has had the players of FC Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid ready to take a bullet for him. At Porto, his Champions League win was one of the biggest shocks of the 2000s, perhaps only surpassed by the fact that Steve Irwin, a man who poked animals for a living was killed in a freak incident involving one. At Chelsea, league titles arrived for the first time in 50 years, whilst European Cup failure came only as an unfortunate result of the John Terry Rule: John Terry is not allowed to lift or touch the European Cup.

Then there was the glorious resurrection at and of Inter. Forget the league wins, when his first season at the club passed with a flimsy run in Europe there were murmurs about a lost touch; when he lifted the European Cup for a second time a year later, there were not. He also chinned a journalist.

Inter had no right to win that trophy – Barcelona gave them a seeing to in the group stage and put them in what should have been their place. Mourinho wasn’t having it though, it was Mourinho’s win: Mourinho’s inch-perfect tactics against Chelsea, the confidence which came from Mourinho against Bayern Munich in the final and above all else Mourinho’s abject refusal to allow Barcelona past him in the semi-final. Football world: two fingers up. Next, please: Real Madrid.

His team are closer than any other to those Catalan smirks and he’s already nabbed one trophy, but he and his team have more to give us – Sergio Ramos actually threw the Spanish Cup under a bus in disgust at having won only it. No, the signs are there, Mourinho won’t be happy until Barcelona are disembowelled.

And that’s why we need him. Barcelona’s monopoly needs the board thrown from the table – someone needs to be hated. Mourinho makes the story and when he ends up writing history, rest assured he’ll go down as the man who’s made the ball worth kicking for the last ten years, not Barcelona.

http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/09/06/mourinho-a-hero/

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I am very sad to see mourinho always becoming so worked up and drifting to shady corner, whenever he is challenged. I know barca is the evil for many but jose does these things which irks the shit out of you(not in a good/strategical way). Maldini and calro having at a go at him is the same. I like mourinho as a coach but man is highly combustible and crosses the limit so many times.

I have changed my mind I dont ever want mourinho as milans coach, hope allegri becomes half as good as mourinho. The above statement is nullified if somebody will coach milan like ance did his in later years

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Before I pass away I hope to see him guide us to a Treble.

Berlu always gets his man...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mourinho blames Khedira for the defeat:

Ha caído en la trampa y le responsabilizo de la derrota, estaba avisado y no tengo problema en decir que Khedira ha sido responsable de que perdamos

I remember him making stupid statements before, but he used stand for his players. This one was very poor.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
He once said something like "but what can you expect when you have to play bhoulouroze?"

Obviously I have no clue how to spell that, but I'm sure you get who I mean.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he actually ends up @ inter next summer. One of the few places where hes still welcomed/where people droll over him i guess:lol:

Cant believe theres such a paradox when he wins or loses. Standing like a general in front of the neu camp crowd and completely ignoring valdez was epic. What hes doing now is just:fp:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
After Friday's training session Jose Mourinho invited all his players and coaching staff to a barbecue at Valdebebas

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
:proud: now dont go to inter

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
He's destined for City. No team can win the league/CL every year so aslong as he stays at Madrid for a few more years he'll win a league. If they can avoid Barca in the CL and hope that someone else can knock them out then they'll be faviorites for the CL. Once he's done that he'll wait to see who goes first out of Mancini and SAF. My money's on the Italian...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He's destined for City. No team can win the league/CL every year so aslong as he stays at Madrid for a few more years he'll win a league. If they can avoid Barca in the CL and hope that someone else can knock them out then they'll be faviorites for the CL. Once he's done that he'll wait to see who goes first out of Mancini and SAF. My money's on the Italian...

It's more like if Mourinho leaves Madrid, City will fire Mancini unless he wins EPL or UCL, because they see opportunity to get Mourinho too great.

I'm curious if Mourinho would consider PSG though. They'll offer him ridiculous money, and next summer with more spending, they could feasibly have a squad capable of winning UCL.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
After Friday's training session Jose Mourinho invited all his players and coaching staff to a barbecue at Valdebebas

sergio ramos in the rondo jersey?!?!?!

WOWWWW

:star:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yeah

2011-09-30barbacoa15.jpg

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
take Di Maria out of the picture and you got 100% collective swag

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
take Di Maria out of the picture and you got 100% collective swag

Disagree. Their are so many fails there.

BBall jersey= fail
Bbaill jersey WITH undershirt= EPIC fail. Not cool look at all
Jean shirts= faul

Sergio Ramos has a lot of fail going on.

Ozil.... Love him as a player, but swag and his appearance do not go hand and hand.

Sandblasted jeans? No swag either.

I will give you Coentrao, Benzema and obviously Xabi Alonso who is just too cool. You can barely see him in the pic and his poster/ partial side profile show he's got the most Swag.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yeah, Ramos always has some weird combinations :lol:

a few more pics..

2011-09-30barbacoa13.jpg

2011-09-30barbacoa14.jpg

2011-09-30barbacoa11.jpg

2011-09-30barbacoa04.jpg

2011-09-30barbacoa08.jpg

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Disagree. Their are so many fails there.

BBall jersey= fail
Bbaill jersey WITH undershirt= EPIC fail. Not cool look at all
Jean shirts= faul

Sergio Ramos has a lot of fail going on.

Ozil.... Love him as a player, but swag and his appearance do not go hand and hand.

Sandblasted jeans? No swag either.

I will give you Coentrao, Benzema and obviously Xabi Alonso who is just too cool. You can barely see him in the pic and his poster/ partial side profile show he's got the most Swag.
Sometimes its not about what you wear but how you wear it. Look at Adan for example, he isn't flashy in dressing style but his pose is pure swag. Ozil also looks extra cool in a casual outfit, as do Higuain, Albiol and esp. Varane.

look at Granero in the other pictures, he eclipses even Xabi Alonso.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Sometimes its not about what you wear but how you wear it. Look at Adan for example, he isn't flashy in dressing style but his pose is pure swag. Ozil also looks extra cool in a casual outfit, as do Higuain, Albiol and esp. Varane.

look at Granero in the other pictures, he eclipses even Xabi Alonso.

I totally agre with your point on how you wear it (that is the point of swag).

But in my opinion, majority of those players look like dorks, and unconfident. I mean Higuain in that first pic looks embarassed. Star striker? Not so much

Ronaldo- obviously not
Xabi Alonso- obviously not

oh and i can't forget Marcelo. Marcelo- just pure awesomeness. Youtube vids of Marcelo, Manolito and Ronaldo are some of funnier things out their-

Last edited:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yea Marcelo is the best one of them all. And Higuain's face is really stupid, but I like his shirt in the first pic.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But in my opinion, majority of those players look like dorks, and unconfident. I mean Higuain in that first pic looks embarassed. Star striker? Not so much

:thumbsup:

Xabi Alonso is incredible cool though.

Who is the guy with a fatal attraction for the unusual?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I finally figured out why I hate Sami Khedira

He looks like one of the worlds biggest douches...

Sasha_Vujacic_81521158.jpg
sasha_vujacic_face08.jpg
Sasha-Vujacic-right-float.jpg

Go cry some more sasha-

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Justin Bieber Fans Smash Up Jose Mourinho’s Car

As I’m sure every grown man reading this already knows, Justin Bieber is currently in Madrid, where he was honored with a creepy wax statue of himself with long neck. And according to Sport.es, Jose Mourinho decided to use his international break to take his daughter to Bieber’s hotel to meet the 17-year-old popstar in person.

Of course, like everywhere Bieber goes, there was a large crowd of fans congregated outside the hotel, so when Mourinho’s car with tinted windows — not unlike one Bieber might ride in — left the hotel after their meet and greet, the Bieber fans went nuts, thinking their tiny messiah was escaping. They reportedly rushed the car, hitting it and blocking it’s path.

If only there was some visual evidence of this attack, one can imagine it would be hilarious viewing. Jose Mourinho must have wished he has sent someone else with his daughter to meet up with Justin Bieber instead of being at the wrong end of a manic attack by screaming teens.

It may have been easier to have stopped the car and let the youngsters note that the car included only a multiple trophy winning managerial genius and not some teenager with questionable talent.

Jose Mourinho is probably not used to not being the centre of attention and clearly Justin Bieber commands the kind of crazed fandom that even the Real Madrid boss would not be comfortable having lavished on him…actually we kind of imagine he would like that level of crazy devotion.

For future reference, if attending possible explosive situations like this Jose, take Pepe along with you.
tumblr_lum2rdWiEz1qkocgko3_500.jpg

tumblr_lul2npqcmd1qlx65bo2_500.jpg

This is the best day of my life :lol::lol:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I wish Mourinho was removed from football.

I'd go for anyone against a team he manages.

Marcelo and Pepe are also gobshites.

Schedule