Gianluigi Donnarumma Thread

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Donnarumma:

“The win against Fiorentina was a morale booster and has given us a lot of confidence,” Donnarumma told Milan Channel.

“We needed it and we now have more self-confidence going into the upcoming matches. The entire team played well and defended well.

“When you play in goal, you can never lower your guard. Even if you don’t make many saves, you always need to be on the top of your game and think about the next one.

“My team-mates have never taken any notice of my age and I try to instil confidence and talk to the defence which is what you would expect. This weekend’s match with Empoli is very important both for consistency and our confidence.

“It won’t be easy, there are no easy games in Italy, but we are going there to try and get a positive result because we’re Milan.

“Next weekend will be my first derby [against Inter], I cannot deny that I’m thinking about it, but before then we have to focus on Empoli and then Alessandria in the Coppa.”

Donnarumma then discussed his early entry to first-team football, explaining that veteran Christian Abbiati has helped him.

“I have a great relationship with Abbiati. He gives me advice on a daily basis, he helps me a lot and I can only thank him for everything that he is doing for me.

“When helping me, he has also been hard on me, and that is only right and I am fine with that. At the start of every game he tells me to stay calm and do what we work on in training.

“Also Diego Lopez, with all of his experience, has given me a lot of tips and so has the goalkeeping coach [Alfredo] Magni.

“Everyday he tries to help me on specific areas of my game and it’s only right that he is very demanding. I also have to thank the Coach.

“Sinisa Mihajlovic has been a key figure for me, he jokes around a lot with me, and I have a wonderful relationship with him.”

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Many have tipped Milan?s 16-year-old ?keeper Gianluigi Donnarumma as Buffon?s heir, and the veteran has nothing but praise for the rookie.

?He?s doing great things, if only because he?s not afraid or fazed to be playing in a great stadium like San Siro. The Milan shirt weighs on you.

?In addition to his personality and calmness, he has important technical skill and physical qualities. He?s reactive, solid.

?The thing I like most though, is that we?re talking about a good lad, very level-headed, which is the key thing for a good career.

?And I have to say well-done to the media, you?re helping him to grow gradually, without too much unnecessary pressure.

?I see intelligent,
measured judgements, and that?s how it should be with the very young.?

http://www.football-italia.net/78729/buffon-‘aiming-2018-world-cup’

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Buffon : "Scuffet would not be stealing anybody's place in the NT if he was included... playing for the first time at 17 is not easy so he has an indispensable attribute which is the confidence in himself ... Simone [Scuffet] is tackling this season very calmly and that's something I praise"

Donnaruma's growing but history has shown us too many youngsters burned in the last decade for me to think that we've found the GK of the next 15 years. Let's not forget that even Abbiati had a similar great first season.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The awesomeness of gigio is different from other young goalkeepers. While most young talents that come up are noticed due to their reflex saves and athleticism, donnarumma is here for other reasons.

He's not just a young kid with great hops and good hands(although he definitely has those), he has maturity that's incredible. Bar maybe the first game or two, he looks like a veteran in every game he plays.

He is calm, confident and commanding. His kicking technique needs improvement, but his assurance on the ball will develop nicely. And it hasn't hurt us yet. Another great quality of his, is that he goes for EVERY ball. That's an excellent indicator of a sense of positioning. He is also aware and in the right spot to make an effort for every shot, and he pulls himself out of the shot is off target. He is never caught flat footed, and he's always in the right spot.

Of course, gigio could fail. There's plenty of time for something like injury, loss of confidence, or lack of development to occur. But the main point to consider is that he's not a young goalkeeper depending on his last second saves. He's playing not on the basis that he can grow into something great, but on the basis that he actually deserves the number one spot.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^^ god, I used to just rage at Abbiati being caught flat footed and watching shots go by him into the net.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Donnarumma: "How do u manage school since u have training and games? I try my best, because school is very important! I go to school in the morning, when we don't train."

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i just hope he didn't create basic mistake again in the rest of the season, otherwise we need new goalkeeper on next season

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
3 years extension to abbiatti please

mentor must stay

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
16 yo winning derby milano, clean sheet, great saves
Please don't sell him baldy

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Who is the youngest derby winner?

Best gk in the city!

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
k1yjb7.jpg

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
This guy...:what a guyyyyyyy

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
true milanista, with him as gk we've lost only 2 games

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cant believe that the most talanted Goalkeeper in the world plays for us :proud:

Grande Gianluigi

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Did a miss kick to troll inter and Mancini, nek minute Mancini sent off. Already a Milan legend!

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
are we gonna sell him?

no please no

i'm done with this team if it happens

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did anyone notice how Romagnoli and Donnarumma were playing their own little game passing back and forth towards the end of the match?

:lol:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Did a miss kick to troll inter and Mancini, nek minute Mancini sent off. Already a Milan legend!

LoL... that was funny :D

On a more serious note, we got lucky on that one, it should have been an indirect free-kick for Inter because Donnaruma wasn't allowed to touch the ball with his hands considering that it came from a Milan player pass, but that referee was playing with his own rule book :D.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This guy is ridiculously good

imagine handling all that pressure at age of 16.. I don't think people still realize what a talent we have in our squad

bigbgballz

&#1070;&#1074;&#1077; &#1076;&#1072; &#1075;&#1086
Reaction score
Youngest player to win the derby, a goalie with a clean sheet. So proud of that kid. The comentator on bein asked the other one what was he doing when he was 16, he said "definitely not playing on San Siro!" Haha

Schedule