The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 01-10-2019, 22:58   #221
fray
Casciavit

If you're a coach and you're facing Giampaolo's Milan, then I'll advice you to play with 3 at the back and 5 in the midfield. 5 out of 6 Serie A teams that we have faced this season have played that formation against us, and they all dominated and pinned us back.

The only exception? Brescia, who lined up in a 4312, and we fairly dominated possesion, created chances and won that game.

When teams play 352 against us, they stack up with players in midfield, making it impossible for our players to find any sort of space and create chances. And I'll refrain myself from not mentioning how much space there is on the wings for the opposition fullbacks and wingers. This is a result of Suso not being properly defensively coached - rewatch the Fiorentina game for instance(s).

In order to play a classic Giampaolo formation and play against a 352 team, it is necessary to have 3 technically gifted midfielders, and someone who can dictate the tempo at the base, a la Paredes or Torreira. Then, you can move the ball quickly and incisively & emulate GP's Sampdoria/Empoli teams.

What do we got to offer, as of today?

Calhanoglu, a natural winger and overall, an quite average player, who has a lot of ideas, but is never able to successfully pull those ideas off.

Kessie, a workhorse and too bulky to play GP football. Not the player you'd like to see retain possession.

Bennacer, a good player, but does not have the experience yet. He looks a bit nervous too.

1/3.

Oh, and for the record, we're playing Genoa next. Guess which formation they play?

A man can hope that Maldini or Boban frequently reads the forum, comes across this post and visibly displays it to GP before Saturday. If not, another disappointing result with a dire performance might be on the cards.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 23:19   #222
fray
Casciavit

GP's pressing system 101.

https://streamable.com/pgmp0
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:06   #223
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
"Its more the players' fault than the coach."

After six rounds in Serie A, #ACMilan rank

1st in no. of red cards (3)
2nd in no. of yellow cards (18)
3rd in players dispossessed (64)
4th in percentage of shots from outside box (51%)
Last in goals from open play (2)
Last in shots on target (16)
(all figures via
@WhoScored
)
Damn..
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:11   #224
mato
World Cup Winner

Delete this thread. When he gets sacked, he has no right to be ever mentioned again as AC Milan coach.
mato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:21   #225
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boban1982 View Post
Truly awful.

We went from 5th place and 1 point from 4th to this - relegation material.

Unless there is a miracle replacing Gattuso with GP has to be one of the worst decisions ever taken by our management.

I have said it a million times, why change Rino for an average coach?? Rino at least got this batch of losers to play with heart and represent something of a Milan team in spirit. We only should have let him go to get a top coach and GP is just not that.. We have disrespected Rino, a fantastic man of character, just to bring in a completely average to below average coach who while tactically may be smarter, can't motivate his players or explain to them how to play his system so the end result = no system and a bunch of individuals flailing around on the field with no direction and no heart.... sad times at Milan.

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:43   #226
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Please win vs Genoa.

I'm ready for a redemption story.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:54   #227
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Please win vs Genoa.

I'm ready for a redemption story.
I hope we win in a manner that still gets him sacked.

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:34   #228
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Fire his ass and promote Bonera

Only chance we have to break the curse
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:49   #229
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
If you're a coach and you're facing Giampaolo's Milan, then I'll advice you to play with 3 at the back and 5 in the midfield. 5 out of 6 Serie A teams that we have faced this season have played that formation against us, and they all dominated and pinned us back.

The only exception? Brescia, who lined up in a 4312, and we fairly dominated possesion, created chances and won that game.

When teams play 352 against us, they stack up with players in midfield, making it impossible for our players to find any sort of space and create chances. And I'll refrain myself from not mentioning how much space there is on the wings for the opposition fullbacks and wingers. This is a result of Suso not being properly defensively coached - rewatch the Fiorentina game for instance(s).

In order to play a classic Giampaolo formation and play against a 352 team, it is necessary to have 3 technically gifted midfielders, and someone who can dictate the tempo at the base, a la Paredes or Torreira. Then, you can move the ball quickly and incisively & emulate GP's Sampdoria/Empoli teams.

What do we got to offer, as of today?

Calhanoglu, a natural winger and overall, an quite average player, who has a lot of ideas, but is never able to successfully pull those ideas off.

Kessie, a workhorse and too bulky to play GP football. Not the player you'd like to see retain possession.

Bennacer, a good player, but does not have the experience yet. He looks a bit nervous too.

1/3.

Oh, and for the record, we're playing Genoa next. Guess which formation they play?

A man can hope that Maldini or Boban frequently reads the forum, comes across this post and visibly displays it to GP before Saturday. If not, another disappointing result with a dire performance might be on the cards.
Good post.

And there's one midfielder in the squad who fits that technical player mould very well. Yet he's not starting. Krunic.

I disagree with the part where you say 'Suso properly not being coached in the defensive part'. We aren't talking pub football here. Giampaolo especially has a staff known for drilling in options available for each phase of the game for each player.

It's simply a matter of Suso not bothering to follow instructions. That's not gonna change if we change the manager. That will change only if we get rid of Suso.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:24   #230
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

Embarrassing.

GP's line ups are unfathomable. Away to Udinese and away to Genoa I simply have no idea what he was thinking.

I wonder if the team or Boban and Maldini had a word with him at half time. He selected the line up like he wanted to be sacked.

He must go regardless of the win.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:56   #231
forward
AC Milan Icon

What does a man have to do to get sacked?

The best scenario would be to return Gattuso as care taker while we finally look for a top coach.

But literally 0 sense for Gattuso to sign up for that.

Signature

Last edited by forward; 06-10-2019 at 10:59.
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 14:17   #232
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
What does a man have to do to get sacked?
I think Giampaolo has wondered this as well.

Even a socially inept slow learner like him ought to have realized by now that he's way out of his depth.
This is not going to work out. And he "can't" resign.
If he gets fired after a few games then he can at least draw parallels to Gasperini's stint at Inter, and get people to defend him against an impatient club.
The longer he stays, the worse it reflects on him.

Getting sacked now, during the int break, after an away win, is probably the best thing he can hope for in terms of saving face.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:01   #233
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I guess the grey sweater was the last straw for Maldini.

Signature
Old 07-10-2019, 07:59   #234
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Bye felicia!

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21   #235
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

What? is there any news?

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:35   #236
doraemon
One and Only

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

If only he turn 2 losses against udine and fio into draw, i would be content with him. Even though his system still faraway from functional

But when his system not even seen, and result not going our way. What else are we supposed to do? Just blindly hoping that he might miraculously turn it around.

Replace him and let new manager recover the damage
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:29   #237
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I guess the grey sweater was the last straw for Maldini.
Please please be true.

I concede my Christmas present in favor of GP getting sacked.

Signature
Old 07-10-2019, 09:31   #238
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

He's going to get fired not because of the results. 3 wins out of 7 is bad, but not catastrophic for a new manager at the beginning of a project.

He's going to get fired because of the insipid football (Maldini had repeatedly stressed on that as the #1 reason for getting Giampaolo) being displayed 3 months after he started coaching the group. Not a single player looks improved, motivated or is over-performing.

Signature
Old 07-10-2019, 09:51   #239
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
He's going to get fired not because of the results. 3 wins out of 7 is bad, but not catastrophic for a new manager at the beginning of a project.

He's going to get fired because of the insipid football (Maldini had repeatedly stressed on that as the #1 reason for getting Giampaolo) being displayed 3 months after he started coaching the group. Not a single player looks improved, motivated or is over-performing.
Results and insipid football are closely connected, no?

GP's biggest mistake is that he knows one way of playing football and tried to bring it over from Sampdoria to Milan.
Even freaking Gattuso knew limitations of this squad and didn't force them to play what they can't play.

Signature
Old 07-10-2019, 10:01   #240
VooDooDoll
))<>((

only thing i noticed is sometimes our players trying to play faster, 1-2 touches and pass... everything else looks worse than before.

Signature

VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote